Duck Lake Blind Date
353 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Howl
I'm guessing the title fits?

Heartha had left the territory of Morningside, but only for a small trek. She wanted to think about things. Like the need for children that she had. Or the feeling of constantly being followed by a blur somewhere, almost everywhere she went. It was annoying her, that feeling, so she thought that getting out for a bit to get over it. 

She found a lake, where she waited by the water's edge. Trying to reflect on life. She laid down, her paws hanging over the edge into the water, her tail swaying slowly behind her. What was she going to do?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl had been busy the last week traveling from what seemed like one end of the Teekon Wilds to the other. Every step of the way he had been encountered by all kinds of other wolves. Conversing with all of them as he set out to find just the right pack to join. But for the first time in awhile he, didn't want to travel. He simply wanted to think.

So as he walked towards duck lake he moved slowly, almost as though he was weighted down. Looking at the ground and at times just stairing off into the distance. He almost didn't see the female resting at the water edge. He made it no secret that he was there when he came up to the waters edge and bent his head down to take a drink. He took a seat and looked over to the female. Smiled and simply said "Hello"
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's ear flicked when she heard someone approaching, her nose sniffing. It was not someone she knew, but this time she didn't really care who it was. She was about to ask them to leave her alone, but saw that they were just getting a drink. With a rather sad expression, she just gave a little nod of acknoledgement out of curtosey before looking back at the water.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was not meet with hostility, nor anything really friendly. But what he could see was somewhat sadness. He didn't know this female, but he always strived to be a gentleman, especially to the ladies, and to simply leave without trying to see what was wrong or cheer her up seemed wrong. The fact that a female was sad in the first place felt wrong to him. This may have been naive of him, but lucky this trait was often times more helpful then harmful.

So he shifted himself so that he was now facing her. "Are you all right?" he asked "Doesn't seem right. You being all alone with such a glum look on your face."
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha glanced up when he began speaking. At first she wasn't too sure who he was talking to, and expected to see someone else. There was no one, so the only possibility was that he was speaking ot her. 

"No. I'm not 'all right'" she responded, in a rather rude fashion. It would have surprised her if she didn't feel that way. She shifted her head so her cheek was in his direction. She sighed. "I just...I didn't get what I wanted." She understood why, it was fully reasonable. And yet still she was beginning to feel selfish.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her answer was rather abrupt, but Howl had expected there to be something wrong. What he would have disliked was if she had said "I'm fine" when she clearly wasn't. He listened to her explanation, but it was unspecific and vauge. Thinking it over he understand what she ment on a metephoric sence, but without knowing the story he was drawing a blank.

He wasn't sure what it was that she wanted but he still so he asked "What is it that you wanted?... Maybe I could get it for you." The first statement he asked sincearly while the second he still ment but he added a short, light hearted laugh not knowing if it would actually be something he could get.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha wondered why this wolf was even questioning, or worried at all. They didn't know her, couldn't know her. Heartha felt like she was going to burst from emotions to a complete stranger. It wasn't till he offered when she felt rather amused, offering a small gentle laugh. He did not know what he was asking, not one bit.

She sent a smile in his direction and answered in a more direct manner. "Pups...you would give me pups?" He knew what he was asking, right? He was definitely very gentleman like. At least he was trying. "You're sweet, but I don't know you" she added, this time with a more sweeter tone.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl laughed at the females response, not because of the answer but because of how directly she answered. Upon calming down he began to respond by saying "Well it wouldn't be the first time I've given someone those." he said returning a smile her way. Howl had been with many females in the past while out of the wilds. A few of his past interests had told him of their pregnancies after the fact but multiple circumstances never allowed him to father any of them. After awhile Howl just learned that it was something that just happened.

But Howl didn't want this conversation to be stear in that direction, at least no yet. So he added "But... that is true. You don't know. My name is Howl."
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha managed a small smirk. She was beginning to feel more comfortable in this conversation already. Still, she was cautious about revealing too much. "Really? You must be a great gentleman...Always liked someone 'gentle'" she said, giving a teasing wink. It wasn't like her to do so, but she felt she could at least have a little fun. 

"Heartha" she responded out of courtesy. He had given a name, so it would be wrong of her to not do the same. "You say you've had some before. So why are you out here instead of caring for them?" It didn't come to mind that he did not have anyone at the moment.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl was happy to see a smile on her face. After all that's the whole reason he began such a conversation. The fact the she called him a gentleman made him happy as it was the thing he strived for, even if it was somewhat of a skewed modern version of one. She also made a flirty comment and stated her name. At that Howl moved closer so that he was now sitting nexted to her. Not close enough that they were touching but he could see their reflection in the water.

She asked a commonly asked question towards Howl about his past endevers. "If given the chance I might be, but circumstances from both sides have prevented that from happening. Something I've had to get over." he began saying this to her but then to the water where their reflection was. Looking back at her he simply shrugged and waited for her responce.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha watched his smile, facing him with her own. However she froze up when he moved over so that he was next to her, that surprised her. She moved her gaze straight to the water, thought she could still see him by the reflection in the water. 

"So you have no one you know of...must be a rather lonely life." She was beginning to feel how that was. Even though she didn't feel, as if there were a presence around. The constant blur she saw around. She thought it was just stress. "Everyone of my family, they're all...gone" she said, a tiny sob escaping her throat before the last word.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She looked back at the water and for a moment to did Howl. But then he looked back at her, wanting to see her as she was rather then the blury image of them in the water. Though he could still see it in the corner of his eye, and he knew she would see him in the reflection as well.

It was true that Howl had left his family, but he tried to keep his company and for the most part didn't feel too lonely. When she shared that her family was gone, which brought the mood down some. "I'm sorry to hear that. I always try and keep people around so I'm not so alone. But sometimes you can't help feeling lonely even when your not alone."  Howl hoped she would understand what he ment by that.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Her tail stopped swaying behind her. Her emotions, despite her intentions had begun to show. She rested her head back down onto her paws, feeling more upset, and even with the company more lonely. She was getting what he meant at that moment.

"Even when I try, I've never been so alone in my life." She glanced up for a moment, out of the corner of her eye toward Howl. "D-Do you mind? Staying here, just for a bit." There was too much back at her pack reminding her of the want, the need, she had.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As she rested her head back onto her paws, that were bearly resting in the water edge, Howl went from sitting to laying down. He kept is head up though still looking over at Heartha. She was really upset now, and Howl could tell. But even though she was sad he felt that is pressence was still helpful in some way. This thought only solitified as she asked if he would stay with her for the time. 

He smiled "Staying here with you, there's nothing I rather do."  The sound of moving water sounded so soothing to him. Even though she was upset he still enjoyed her company. What he would mind would be staying there a bit, as he wanted to stay so much longer then. He lay there silent not sure what to say. Being there seemed to be what she wanted and he didn't want to accidently bring up painful thoughts with further unguilded questions.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha held her breath for the answer. And sighed with relief, as if it was the only answer she ever wanted. She even managed a light chuckle to his answer. "And here I was, thinking chivalry to be dead...How have you not managed to stay with anyone? I mean...I would, if I were with such a gentleman."

She felt her face heat up at saying that, shyly looking away. She had no idea how old he was, but he certainly looked younger than herself. "Do you remember any of them? Your children I mean."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It seemed as though that without even trying he had cheered her up with his comment. She commented about his chivalry, bringing a smile to his face. "Well... my pack moved around alot when I was younger, never really had a chance settle down when I was always in motion. That kind of became the usual and I learned to deal with it." This made Howl think for a moment. In Teekon he wouldn't need to move so much and may be able to stay. But would he want now that he was accustom to being to promiscuious.

She looked away from him for a moment and he wasn't sure why, but then she asked another question to which he replied. "I've never even meet any of them. Though I'm sure if I had... I could never forget."
353 Posts
Ooc —
The old wolf listened carefully as he began to speak of how he moved around so much. "I have had the same recently...Though I have not gotten used to it like you." She gave a small nervous laugh. Every pack she had fell apart, all except this one. All except Morningside. But she believed that it wouldn't be for long.

She paused for a long moment after he finished speaking of any children Howl did have. "...I had two...I lost them both. Not in death, they just vanished....A-And ever since I've had this whole in my heart, which I've wanted to fill."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
For Howl moving was normal, he wondered what it would be like staying in the same place. He knew what the same people were like, but no change for such a long time. He knew that when he did join a pack he would need to travel around time to time, to keep from going insane. She then spoke about her kids, the ones she had had. "Hearing that I feel lucky... at least for me... You can't lose something you never really had. But to have them vanish...he didn't want to elaborate. She knew how it felt and there was no need for Howl to explain it any further.

The sun was beginning to set, but the two still had plenty of time in the afternoon and night. The oranges and red bounced off the water and hit Heartha's fur. Completely changing the subject "Excuse me for saying this... I know it's probably not the best time but... you look so gorgious right now." He said as he gazed at her trying to lighten the mood and also just speaking the truth. Howl didn't really see age. All females were something to treasure in their own way to him, and Heartha was definatly no exception.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's ears fell, a low whimper escaping her. She missed them so much. Her little Tulip. Her little Bramble. Both gone, in a flash. She noticed the sunlight starting to disappear over the horizon, and she stared up at it as it began to set. She did not look at Howl as he looked at her.

Her ear flicked up, not even sure she had heard right. She felt her face heat up at the compliment, her ears shyly pulling back. "Th-Thank you, Howl...your-" she stopped herself, not being able to really think of something. At least, that was half the reason. She was remembering her past lovers. "It's getting late...I need to get back."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She thanked him, but said that she had to go. He wasn't sure if she was part of a pack but the fact that she needed to get back somewhere made him think that she was. He wondered if he had done all the right things. If he was going to leave her better off then when he first came up to her. They were strangers just a while ago, but they had shared some personal things and they were more then that now. Howl could have stayed up all night talking, but he really should find a place for the night since he didn't have a place to go yet. 

"Sure. Go on ahead. Have a nice night." he smiled and stood up stretching. "But before you go. Know that if you want some company you can always "Howl" for me." he winked lighly at the double meaning of the word and waited for her responce.
353 Posts
Ooc —
As she stood up, she noticed her tail had begun swaying gently, no longer still. He really had cheered her up, and perhaps that comment she made had been the thing to do it. She nodded in response at what Howl said.

"Thank you..." She started to head off, her tail beginning to wag at the suggestion. Then she paused for a moment. "We could, maybe...meet here again? A week from now?" Before he could answer she turned again. Then, quickly stopped again when something finally came to mind. "I'll see you later, handsome." She made a quiet 'yes' at finally having found a comment. Although it could have been louder then she had hoped.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She asked if they could meet again in a week roughly in the same area, which he would have agreed to if she would have given him the chance. She then said they would see eachother again. He assumed her first statement was rhetorical and he made it a note to be back in the area in roughly a week. He didn't hear what she said as she went away but still quickly stated "I'll be there." before the two went their separate ways.