Sequoia Coast Digger. Listener. Runner.
TBD
16 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Alex Rider pumped air through his lungs to his legs. The beating of his heart echoing the beating of his paws across the ground. The exhilaration coursed through him, his legs screamed for the pain to cease.

And he did.

The forest scents gave way to salty air. Alexander Rider, aka Scout, stopped on the edge of the sea. The water spraying the shore in a rainbow of colors. His heart pounded as it struggled to calm itself after his long, powerful run. Scout had gone the long way around to avoid any possible conflict with Horizon Ridge, just to see the ocean again.

The fast yearling slowly began to walk towards the shore. His legs still screamed for rest, but Scout didn't allow it. He loved to run. He loved the adrenaline and pain, all of it. It was a nice feeling.

He stopped as the surf began to reach his paws. He turned his nose down towards it. Inhaling the strange salt water smell. Alex had been an inland wolf. He had never seen the ocean until he and Bazi had come upon it the first time. This was the second time he had ever seen the ocean.

And he loved it.

Looking around quickly to make sure no one was watching, he turned back to the water and grinned with a puppyish desire. Splashing carefully the first time, the grey-tan wolf was soon bounding up and down the coast. Admiring the pawprints he made in the wet sand and playfully spraying unnecessary water everywhere. It was a childish thing to do, and he was shamefully aware of that... But something about the ocean was exhilarating.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OOC: Can I join in the fun?

IC: Majesty grinned in amusement as he watched the wolf from afar, splashing in the water. He sorely wished he could join in the fun, despite the colder weather, but even from there he could smell that it was a Creek wolf, and he had already gotten in trouble with that pack once. Still… this male did not look or smell particularly familiar. Majesty didn't think he had met him that day so near the Swiftcurrent Creek. Perhaps he ought to try his luck?

Slowly, cautiously, he approached the shoreline. When he was still about twenty feet away, he called, "Hello! I come as a friend! I was hoping to join in the splashing. And yes - I know how silly that sounds." His deep voice rang clear against the background noise of the ocean. He only wished he wasn't about to get into trouble again. If anything happened, he was determined to stand his ground. But if this wolf was deemed friendly, then he would spend a nice time splashing in the water.
TBD
16 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Yaaay, splash buddies!

The yearling bounded to a halt as an unfamiliar voice rang out to the sea spray. Her swiveled his head to find a very large wolf, watching him, grinning.

Alex slowly turned his entire body. He felt his face grow hot as he blushed (if wolves could do that) and he smiled back. At least the elder wolf wasn't laughing at him or criticizing his playtime. So, even though they weren't in the same pack (which made Scout wary regardless), he decided to humor him.

"Uhm, hehe, sure. Why not?"
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
With an uncharacteristic bark of joy, which reminded Majesty of his time as a pup, he bounded headlong into the water, his large body slamming against the waves. He felt the sand shift beneath his feet, and struggled for a moment to keep his balance, chuckling as he did so. He had not had this much fun in a long time. He glanced over at the younger male and trotted over to him. For a moment, he only stood and smiled at him, and then said, in a mockingly serious tone, "Permission to splash you, Sir?"

Majesty didn't know what he was doing. He had been so serious in his life for so long that he had forgotten how to have fun - or so he thought. Ever since his little sister had died as a pup, and his mother had been driven insane, his life had been full of one serious event after the other. Now, he wanted a break from it all. And running around a beach with a younger wolf, splashing and playing in the sun seemed like the ultimate paradise at the moment.
TBD
16 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Scout grinned wider. "Permission granted!"

With that, the yearling leaped forward, spraying Majesty with salt water from the heavy land, whispering a soft whee as he did so.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Majesty gave a full-blown laugh as he was splashed, which was something he didn't do very often. He squeezed his eyes shut against the spray of the salt water and then opened them again and shook himself. He thew himself into the waves in front of him, knocking into the younger male as he did so and sending him splashing into the water.

Then he bounded over to a shallower area of the water and rolled around in it, snorting in pleasure and feeling like a pup again. "I haven't had this much fun in years!" he called to the youngling. "Thank you, friend!"