Blacktail Deer Plateau Settling Down
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
This thread takes place after Morningside's recent claim to Blacktail Deer Plateau. Anyone outside of the pack will be seen as a trespasser.
@ Heartha

Howl was patrolling the interior of the territory, making sure that no unwanted wolves were in the area or that any past remains of other wolves were destroyed. Scents of unfamiliar wolves was covered by Howl's pee markings and any scat was durried below the ground and replaced with urine or feces. Howl had somehow, and seemingly unexpectedly, become one of the highest respeced wolves of the pack, or at least to Grayday. He was an official "hunter" even though the phrase extended beyond it's literal term. 

I't wasn't too hard for Howl to pull his own weight in the pack, along with a few others including Heartha primarily. He knew from the start that he would be doing alot of things for the two of them, but it didn't come as a burden to him. Heartha and him had built up a rather strong realationship, and now that Howl had shown his worth he felt that the two didn't need to hide their affection from the pack anymore. Along the way to their packs new territory Howl had kept close to Heartha and shown her little signs of affection. If felt good to him being so open after everything had seemed to be going against them in the beginning. 

After having gone over the general area of their territory Howl went out to find Heartha. He though she might be resting somewhere in her current condition, but where ever she was Howl had a surprise in mind for her.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha felt that the time for her children would be soon. And they had just arrived to the new place of which the Morningside pack would settle in. Despite her inner excitement for the fact that it would come soon, she was afraid. She was growing old, and with Khoe's children needing to be cared for as well...She had barely done much for the pack as she had wished to do.

The old female found Howl to be seeking her out, and leaned her head up to meet his gaze. "Howl?" She had been laying on her side. "It's been some time since...that night...I feel it might be coming soon."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl found Heartha just as he thought her would find her, resting. When she first began to see Howl she called to him almost in a confused questioning tone. This made Howl smile, think of how tired she could be in her current condition. He walked up to her and gave her a light lick on the cheek before pressing his forehead against hers. "Yes dear. It's me." 

As if her extended belly wasn't evidence enough Heartha stated how close she felt she was getting to delivery. Howl layed down by her side cradleing her. He couldn't help but smile, thinking of what saw soon to come for the two of them. For the first tome Howl would be a real father, present in his children's lives. "You know... I was thinking the same thing." he said in a playful tone. "Do you want to know what else I was thinking?" he asked lightly into her ear.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Her tail started swaying gently when he approached her, giving a lick to her cheek. It made her face go warm. He then laid down by her side. She rested her head back down onto the ground, breathing gently.

"Were you?" she asked. Then she felt a smile come on her face as his voice tickled at her ear that flicked. "And what would that be?" She was very curious to know, but was mildly distracted by some kicking in her belly. She hadn't told Howl yet that the kicking had come.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As Heartha rested her head on the ground, Howl rested his across her shoulders. Heartha seemed to follow along with Howl's little mystery as she asked him to reveal what is was that was on his mind. "I thought that I could make you a little present..." hopeing to peek her curiosity before the big reveal. "Somewhat of a house warming present for the new territory."

He lifted his head and burried his nose into the ruff on the back of her neck. With a deep inhale his nostriles were filled with her scent and her hormonies of being pregnant. A wonderful and pleasant smell that he thought he could spend years experiencing. "I'm garanteed you will love it." he added, his voice somewhat muffled by her pelt.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Her tail began wagging more out of the exciting anticipation that she held. "I can't wait to see it" she murmured quietly.  She smiled as Howl put his nose deep into her fur, it was a pleasant feeling. "They've started kicking..." she quietly added after Howl said she would love the surprise. "So where is this surprise?"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Heartha seemed to be excited to hear about this present that Howl had instore for her. As though they could also hear what Howl was saying, the pup(s) within her belly began to kick. Howl moved his head down and rested his head near Heartha's belly. His ear was pressed against her side as he could feel little bits of movement with subsequential noises. It brought an even bigger smile to his face and his tail wagged. Their movement brought them so much more to reality. Seeing a bump and hoping something was inside seemed to have no comparison to feeling life itself.

When Heartha asked him where it was, Howl made a slight chuckle. This is where is present would need to be revieled. In response to where it was he said "Where ever you would like your suprise to be..." he said an waited for a moment until continuing on. "I thought that the best house warming present would be a house... or den as it were." he turned his head to look at her. "Where ever and how ever you want it, I'm making you a den."
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha giggled lightly when Howl rested his head on her tummy. Her tail stopped wagging as hse lifted her head to put her gaze on him. She suddenly coughed a little, the coughing racking through her body. She had been feeling a little sick as of late, but just coughs here and there, nothing that worried her. 

Her eyes glittered with surprise, and then happiness. She was so very glad to hear this. "A den?" she asked. She was so happy to hear this. "Howl, thank you!"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
When Heartha coughed Howl thought little of it. It seemed normal, just alittle tickle in her throat maybe. He was glad to here that she liked his surprise. Afterall she would be the one to appriciate it the most as she would be the one spending the most time in it once the pups were born. They would be too young and preoccupied with other things to think about where it was they were. Even though they may not voice their appriciation in the future, Howl thought about how it would be their world for months and he wanted that world to be perfect for them.

After Heartha thanked him Howl wanted to make sure that everything would be to her liking. "It's no problem dear. It will be for all of us, but I want to make sure it's perfect for you... So where would you like it? In the forested area, grassier area or maybe inbetween. I can also fill it with what ever kind of soft padding you would like." he asked eager to start.
353 Posts
Ooc —
She had to think about this. A grassy area would perhaps be easier to dig through, without any roots in the way. But it would not have as much privacy...and privacy was something she wanted. 

"Forest...Yes, forest. We'll have a bit more privacy." She wanted to feel safer in a more hidden area. "Thank you again, Howl" she said, reaching her head over to try and rub her nose against his cheek. Only quickly withdrawing for another quick cough. It felt just like a simple tickle.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He waited a moment before she responded with the more forested area for some privacy. He noffed to her in agreement. The woods did provide some privacy for the pair and their soon to be children. Even though they were not the alpha pair, Howl still thought that he could give Heartha all the luxuries of a fine den. As they say location, location, location. "The forest it is then." 

She thanked him once again to which Howl responded, "There you go thanking me... again. Do you think your presence isn't reward enough? he teased. She moved her head towards him but quickly moved it away and let out another small cough. Howl still didn't think their was anything wrong but he did comment, "Maybe we can stop by a stream on the way to the new den site? To help clear your throat a little bit."
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha felt her face heat up at his teasing comment toward her, her tail sweeping across the ground behind her, a gentle smile stretching across her muzzle. She nodded to his suggestion after her cough broke the mood. "Yes, that might be a good idea."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Heartha agreed to go to the stream before heading into the forest to find their den site. Howl nudged her and stood up ready to lead the way to the stream and then follow her lead. He made sure she got up alright before he started heading over. Looking at the way she walked with such a swollen belly was a bit amusing. Not funny, more silly or cute then anything. 

When the reached the stream he bent his head down to get a drink of water himself, readying himself for the work load that lay ahead of him. Digging out a den wan't the easiest thing and was usually done by the female. But Heartha was already so far along and with their recent mood it wasn't as though she had time earlier on in her pregnancy. Plus he though, and it seemed as though she thought too, that it would be a good present. "Lead the way when your ready." he told her waiting for her to take a drink and head to where the den would be made.
353 Posts
Ooc —
The old female stood up slowly, her swollen underside hanging underneath her. She felt a kick at the slow movement she made, and she started off toward the stream, slowly making her way toward it as to not tire herself out too quickly. If she hadn't been pregnant, she would have offered to race as she always wanted to feel younger than she actually is.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The way to the stream was slow up he didn't mind. Not if it was for Heartha's benefit. Carrying ones self was hard, not to mention the strain of carrying multiple other living things within you. He continued to wait after he got his drink for Heartha to lead the way into the forest...