Redhawk Caldera dream oblivion
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
@Ben! :)

Raven had never been one to lay around much, preferring to be busy actively doing something most of the time. That was how she'd managed to become such a knowledgable healer in such a relatively short time. But lately she'd done quite a bit more traveling and exploration than normal, and she was tired. Despite the chilly nip in the air today, the afternoon sunshine was wonderfully warm and comfortable on her black coat. She lazed in an area of dry grass near the badger den where she kept her medicinal plants and herbs, dozing in the warmth as birds chattered around her. Perhaps she'd get up and get back to work in a little while, go see what the pups were up to, maybe do some babysitting. But for now, being lazy was just so nice.
They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Short to start off XD

He wobbled a bit and could not help his headache growing more strangling by the minute. A simple tummy ache had transformed into a near torture scene from Tokyo Ghoul and he seriously thought he was dying. Perhaps it hadn't been the smartest of moves to randomly stuff his mouth with grasses that kind of smelled nice to heal his rumbly tummy. He whined as he got home, wondering if anyone was even around with the slightest ideas of how to stop a tummy from aching so much.
Dance Under The Ladder
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
The sunshine felt so good on her dark-furred belly, warm and comforting -- like a hug from the sky. She stretched and then rolled onto her side, ready to doze off to sleep. As her eyelids drooped, though, a flash of movement caught her attention. She lifted her head to see a pallid young wolf who looked...clearly distressed. She didn't know him very well, and she had to search her memory for a moment before she recalled his name. "Ben?" she called softly from where she lay, cocking her head curiously. "Everything okay?"
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[narrow]He stumbled to where she had been sunbathing, dark dots on his forehead squished together in a worried frown. He recognized her, of course, but her name did not come easy to him. The only thing he remembered about her was her name being a bird - one that quite resembled her... Raven! He called then, feeling glad he had at least found someone. Not really... I think I've eaten something - something bad. He nearly choked on his words, feeling less and less well.
Dance Under The Ladder
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
As Ben answered her question, Raven shifted from lazy sunbather to attentive medic in an instant. She pulled herself up into a sitting position and her face was full of concern as she told her he'd eaten something bad. "Okay, maybe I can help," she answered, giving him a reassuring smile. "Tell me everything you've eaten today?" She was already going through her mental catalogue of medicinal plants for gastric distress. Luckily for him, those types of plants were very plentiful in this area and she had a lot of different options to choose from, depending on what his specific circumstances were.
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
A whimper of relief escaped him, knees nearly trembling as he stood there, appreciating the other Redhawk now more than he ever had. Her question, though, was a rather hard one to answer. He had eaten so many strange things to get rid of his unease... He supposed that if Raven had been there herself, she would have known which nasty plant had done this. I-I don't know. I tried to get rid of my tummy ache by just eating grass, but I think it wasn't all grass... I j-just made everything worse... He stumbled over his words, trying to laugh about his blunder and taking it like a man, but all he could do was curl his tail under his hindquarters in the hope that the warmth on his belly would be of any help to him...
Dance Under The Ladder
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Upon closer observation, it dawned on Raven just how sick Ben looked. His eyes were slightly dilated from the pain, and there was misery etched in every line of his face. There was a weak, sickly sort of look to him, and Raven knew that he definitely needed medical help. "I'm worried that you might have eaten something toxic," she commented, rising to her feet and shaking loose bits of grass from her sleek black fur. "Spoiled meat or something. I have some things that might help -- hang on."

She padded over to the little badger den in which she kept her supplies stashed and dug out a few items. The first was a small amount of wild iris root, and she hoped that he would be receptive to taking it. "Okay, Ben. This is going to suck, but...I'd like you to take this. It'll make you throw up. I know that sounds awful but if we purge out your belly, there's a chance that whatever's in there making you sick might come out. And I'm positive you'll be better off without all that grass in there anyway." She nudged it toward him and added, "Chew it up really good before you swallow it."