Shadewood all at once
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
He would kill him, that much was for sure. He had no idea where Rannoch had disappeared to after abandoning the Vale or if he was still even in the Wilds, but Redshank knew that he was a dead man walking. Rannoch's friendship and, with it, the Vale, had been the one stable thing in his life and it had just been ripped out from under him. If he ever saw the cerulean-eyed man again, he would rip his throat out (though, unbeknownst to the boy, someone had already attempted to beat him to the punch).

The Wilds was a place Redshank was at least somewhat familiar with, however, so he stayed within its boundaries. He had also found a quite habitable forest, too. The trees provided shelter from the cold and snow that was beginning to fall and he had even found carrion. It was old and half decayed and, when he had originally stumbled upon it, it was covered in crows. But it was food. Redshank's ribs were visible as he hungrily tore strips of meat from the creature's bones, and he cast his gaze around every so often, wary of equally hungry predators that could be lurking in the forest.

I'll kill them too if they try anything, he thought arrogantly, turning back to the carcass to try and free a particularly meaty bone.
165 Posts
Ooc —
The flurry of crows in the dark sky had drawn the girl; the shifting mass of black that usually meant food. The need for food was constant, now, so much it nearly consumed her. Anatha covered more miles in a day than she ever had before, roving the Hinterlands in search of anything she could call a meal. She wasted no time in approaching, though she knew well that if the crows had scattered, some larger predator had shaken them from their meal. 

Decay found it's way to her first, the ripe scent of it. She didn't care about the state of food anymore; for it was food. There was another, ripping and tearing, and she paused, dropping to her haunches as soon as she came into sight. She could wait; no wolf could eat an entire carcass, surely. Had not the pull of food tethered her here, she would have been long gone; but desperation had her brave near anything.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Thanks for joining!

The bone was stubborn, remaining stuck fast as he tugged at it. He paused and growled in frustration, before leaning back and digging his forepaws into the ground, still attached to the carrion by his jaws. With one more violent pull, it finally came loose with a sickening snap and Redshank stumbled back slightly. He grinned, readjusting the prize he now held within his teeth.

The boy almost made to trot away to enjoy it in peace but the sudden rustling of dry leaves underfoot caught his attention. He tested the air, smelling another of his kind. He scanned the area but did not spot the crouching girl, and so released a warning snarl, moving back to the carcass protectively. Like hell he'd share with some stranger.
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The male almost seemed about to trot away to enjoy his prize in peace, and the girl stood, stepping forward. But he twisted back, snarling and standing over the carcass protectively. Ire flashed in her gaze; surely the boy already had his prize and had no need to stand over the corpse. She remained standing, looking to him cooly; willing to be patient to find the prize she sought. Perhaps he would have been more impressive had he been bulky; but, rather, he was skeletal and hungry, just as she was.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
A vibrantly coloured girl emerged from the underbrush quite suddenly and almost took Redshank by surprise. His tail instinctively rose and bristled, lips pulling back to reveal bloody teeth. He quickly moved to stand between her and the carcass, even though she made no move to claim it. She watched him with a calm gaze, which only made the testy boy all the more irritated. She seemed his age, and just as starved.

Had he been a more charitable wolf (or even a decent wolf at all), Redshank would have offered for her to join. However, it was the first proper meal in a while, and the teen was possessive. Lowering his head, he snarled a curt, "find your own."
165 Posts
Ooc —
Anatha's hackles prickled as the boy made his bold claim over the carcass, but she was still all the same. "can't."  She said at last, for the carrion was the first meal she had come across in a couple days, and the area was empty, save for the few small creature she had found here and there. Sitting again, she added after a moment, "won't steal. I'll wait." There was no way that she was letting this chance slip, and no way that the boy could strip every last nutrient from the fallen beast. She'd wait for him to leave, and then surely she'd find something.