Altar of Twilight carols cross the water, stars that shine.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Liffey needed a break. Like at Moonspear was somehow both wonderful and awful all at once. She and Rannoch had never been happier together, but she only ever felt like she belonged was when she was by his side. Otherwise, she was an outsider in the place she was trying to make her home, and the emotional stress was beginning to get to her.

So, the young female stepped past the pack's borders that evening, her sights set on the horizon. The land around the Spear was not entirely unfamiliar to her considering she had grown up not too far from these borders, but she knew that there was always something new, something more to discover. She headed South at a leisurely pace as the sun set at her flank.

There wasn't much to see for a while - only rocks and ledges with green and brown in the distance. She knew somewhere in the distance lay the Caldera. She thought of her family within its borders and wondered about them, what they were doing, how they were feeling, what had become of their lives. She was so distracted by her thoughts that she had barely noticed the land smoothing out beneath her paws as the sun dipped below the horizon and moonlight began to sparkle upon the walls of the Altar, weaving its fingers through her silver fur and shining in the bright fire of her eyes.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
2 Posts
Ooc —

Packs, he had been trying to avoid. They were simply unnecessary once you became an intrepid gypsy like Kendrick. So as soon as he scented the borders of the first pack he found on his way south from the Ouroboros (and he was still rather far) he drew a cirlce around it so no one was bothered, and with the setting sun at his hide Kendrick drove into the moon-lit valley with high hopes for the future and hunger for thrills.

There he found a dainty creature strolling across the fairytale glen with brooding sway.

Too much to resist.

He followed for a few good strides from afar before deciding to catch up with her with a swift gallop. Once within hearing range he said Ah, there you are! I've been looking for you! panting as though he'd just ran a marathon. The sunset light favoured him, he knew, and so the trap was set. With a charming smile, the one a child would sport had he just found his long lost toy, and a loosely swaying tail Kendrick stood expecting the sunset sylph to turn around and catch his line.

Wonders, he'd promised himself. Wonders had been expecting him down here all along.

783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Though Liffey wasn't paying much attention to the view, her run-ins with the cerberus had taught her to always be paying attention to her other senses. The sound of footsteps slipped into her ears, making her pause and swivel to face the approaching stranger. She looked at him warily, but her expression shifted to one of surprise as he called out to her. She canted her head as she looked him over, frowning thoughtfully. She'd never seen this man before in her life, so why was he looking for her...?

"Excuse me?" she answered as she watched him come nearer, "Do I know you?" For a moment, she considered that perhaps someone had sent him to her - maybe her parents? Or someone from the Vale? Her heart clenched as she wondered if maybe this was one of the cerberus's tricks, and wariness crept back in as she considered this further.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~