Blacktail Deer Plateau I can, and I will
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 

Aviana had been on cloud nine since Grayday told her should go see her brother. While he had said the following morning would be find, Aviana waited another day before seeking out his mate, Catori. Tail swaying by her hocks, she set out this morning to do just that.

The territory was vast, and since the Alpha female's scent was already all over the place, it took a while before she could find a fresh trail. When she did, she followed it, hoping the female would on the other end.

[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had to be honest she'd never felt such mixed emotions about a trip as she did right then. On the one hand she was happy to explore and get to map out another portion of the world - and thankfully her travel buddy knew how to get there so no time would be wasted - and yet on the other she was reluctant to leave her family as it had just been reunited. The time she'd had wasn't enough since Grayday and the children had returned and there was the sinking suspicion that with the days getting shorter soon she'd be bitterly loathe to leave Grayday's side. 

Still, it didn't change anything about the way that she behaved, working on a check of the caches and making sure that everything was as filled and supplied as possible. They'd be down a couple able bodied adults for a time while the ladies were away, but, with any luck it wouldn't take too long before they were back. The trip didn't need to be too long - as far as she knew Aviana wasn't intending on staying too long with her brother and it was good to make the trip now, before things might get iced over.

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her tail wagged as the vanilla-colored female came into view. She paused for a moment, trying to decide the best way to approach. She knew Catori would have been expecting her, after all, Grayday would have asked her before volunteering her for the trip. Aviana assumed that anyways. Still, she was a little nervous.

Before she lost her nerve, she chuffed to get the female's attention. She closed the distance between them, her ears folded softly on her head as it lowered. Hello, I'm Aviana. I hope Grayday told you to expect me, she greeted. I was hoping we could discuss the trip to Redhawk, she added, getting straight to business. She fell silent then, waiting for a response.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

When she was approached Catori offered a small smile, tail neutral even as it waved a couple times at her hocks. Her ears tipped forward a bit to listen to what the woman was saying before she gave a nod of her head. "He'd mentioned the trip - your brother lives out there, right?" She wanted to make sure she'd paid attention and heard properly, although she didn't quite know just what they were looking for or doing - but it didn't matter. She was itching to get out for a bit even though she was pleased with the state of her life. 

"I'm Catori, it's nice to meet you properly Aviana." She said with an easy smile. "I was thinking we could leave in the morning, if you're all set. Make sure we get back before too long or else Grayday might send half the pack to find us." There was a mirth to her voice showing her teasing nature and general good humor. She didn't truly think Gray would send anyone after them but then again, he'd already expressed a concern over winter in general so maybe if they took too long they would be hunted down. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana nodded, confirming that Catori was correct. Yes, his name is Sebastian, she replied. She wasn't sure how much information Grayday had divulged, but it didn't really matter. Since Catori was going on the trip, she was entitled to information about it. 

She nodded again. That would be fine, or if you wanted to wait another day to have time with Grayday, that would be fine, too, she offered. Aviana wouldn't mind waiting, especially for all that Grayday and the pack had done for her. Besides, Sebastian wasn't expecting her at any exact time, so it wasn't like he would worry that she wasn't there at a certain time. I can make good time, too. I just need to let my brother know where I'm at, then we can come back. At least, that was the plan. She didn't expect for them to be at the Caldera for more than a few hours, at most.