Stone Circle This is home
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away

He wasn't sure what he would find when he joined Easthollow. Heck he wasn't even sure what he was looking for. After Heartha died with their pups along with her, he had stormed out of Morningside. Unable to cope with everything that had happened he went on a spree of spars and promiscuity. But after that time he realized that wasn't the life he was meant to lead. It wasn't the way Heartha would have wanted things, and even though she was much older then him at the time, he really did love her in the end. 

He needed to have purpose and place again within a pack. At Morningside he had been one of Grayday's right hand men before the incident. That was where he thrived, serving and protecting, using is past soldier knowledge in a practical setting. 

He knew that there were pups in this pack, or at least that Valette had been pregnant and given birth. They were something Howl hadn't encountered since his former families death. He wasn't sure how he would take it if he had to encounter one, but kept his condifence up as he strolled through Pando Clone Forest.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The four-month-old eldest daughter of Valette was strolling through the forest, as well. She rather liked it, seeing as how all the trees looked so similar. With the snow added, it was like a white wonderland. That meant that Steph's midnight pelt stood out in stark contrast, and there was no way she would not have been noticed. So, she didn't even try to hunt.

As she looked ahead, she could see that she wasn't the only one with dark fur that was roaming the forest. Hey! she called out, trotting up to the stranger. Her tail wagged in friendliness, even if her greeting was a little forward. Who're you? she asked. She hadn't seen him before, but she did assume he was supposed to be here. She had witnessed first hand what happened to wolves that tried to come into the packlands uninvited, and she didn't think they could get this far without being noticed by a pack member.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
So sorry. The reply got lost in my messages somehow

He heard someone call out and turned to see a small black female pup approach him and ask a very direct and sterotypicaly childish question. Her boldness made him smile, but he wouldn't help but notice the pit it made in his stomach. His mind wondered to what his own pups might have looked at by this age. But he was getting through that and this, even though he was hesistant about it, would be a good start.

He kept a smile on his face and a wag to his tail as he spoke to her. "Hello there. My name is Howl. What about you?" he asked wondering where she would lead the conversation.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her head tilted as he said his name. After a brief pause, she giggled. Howling is what we do, she replied. She didn't realize that might come off as rude, but she had never heard of a wolf named "Howl" before. I'm Steph, she added with a smile. 

How long have you been here? she questioned, not having seen him before. Are we related? Long lost uncle? Cousin? Or just a friend? Or maybe he was just a random wolf that joined the pack. Idly, she wondered if they would be friends. She had missed Murdock's company, and despite his belief that she had her siblings and mother, he had been special to her. Now, there was void that Steph was itching to fill.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He smiled again at her comment. It was something that he obviously knew people thought of when they thought of his name, but no one had been so direct as this little pup known as Steph. Comming from an older wolf he would have thought them dumb, but comming from her he thought it was cute, even if it hurt to think about.

"I'm still very new." he said, when she asked how long he had been here, not feeling the need to be too specific. Her next question surprised him and made him step back a few feet. "NO, no were not." he said with a rushed breathe, as though he had actually been frightened by her question. Though in the back of his mind he would have liked her to be related to him, rather then the harsh reality he faced.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph didn't mind that he didn't elaborate. It wasn't something that she thought about. It seemed he was new, which made sense as to why she hadn't seen him before. She rather liked meeting new members, and just assumed they were all friendly. 

But, when he reacted so strongly to not being related to her, her ears flattened on her head, and her friendly expression changed into something akin to offense. Steph didn't like it. Well, good! she responded back firmly. I didn't want to be related to you anyways! With that, she turned and stomped off. Screw that guy!
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl could see how she had been offended by his words and he felt bad about it. His shock at the question had been proceeved in an offensive way and he seeked to change that. She was still young and he didn't want to explain the true reasons as to why he had acted in such a way. So he tried to play it cool and be funny about it.

"Hmmm" he said in a very exagerated manor. "You know what?" he said, speaking as though he had to rethink his answer as to whether or not they were actually related. "On second thought. It's possible." even though he didn't believe it was there was a slight chance they were related, with how many realationships he had had in the past. "So you might not have any choice really." he said wondering if his words would be enticing enough to stear her back in his direction.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She hadn't expected him to speak again, so she stopped when she heard his voice. She didn't much like what he said, and she turned to face him. Her eyes narrowed and her ears flicked back in annoyance. Well, lucky for me I know how not to claim crappy family members, she retorted. 

Her father, though family, was not one she claimed. He had never been there for her, and she had long since accepted that she would never call him "Dad." Looking at the male in front of her, she was certain she wouldn't call him family, either. She turned once more to leave, indifferent to whatever the male had to say.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her spirit made him smile, even though she reminded him of others. She was strong, something often lacking in young wolves. And prior to this attitude she seemed very social. He wasn't going to push her much further, and didn't expect her to turn around again, but before she want off her commented, "I'll see about improving for you then." he said with a smile and let her go on her way.

He wasn't eager to change her mind, but he wanted to make sure that their next encounter wasn't so sour. He wasn't thinking about his reaction and how she might preceave it. He would try harder next time. It wasn't her fault after all.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She scoffed, unconvinced that he would ever change for her. Her father hadn't, why would this guy? It was precisely why she didn't bother to care if he changed, or if she saw him again. It was perplexing that he would first seem so offended that they might be related, and then state they were, whether she liked it or not. He was confusing, and she was done.

He was right in assuming she would not turn back. She had enough of this little encounter, and she stormed off to find something better to do. 

Would love another thread!