Moonspear surefire abandon
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
Hours earlier, Alya had killed a coyote within Moonspear's borders. She'd had a peculiar scent about her - especially for this early in the season - which had prompted the young shewolf to retrace the coyote's steps. Sure enough, an old badger set just a mile outside their borders had turned up a rather odd find. Two coyote pups, each a little over a month old.

She'd eaten the first one right off the bat, but the second one's whinging had plucked a certain chord within the dark woman's breast. Without much thought, she'd lifted the doomed child from its defiled crib turned back to her home.

Now, late in the evening, the two laid outside the Cerberus's trophy cave, snoozing in the starlight. She had no real plans for the child, but enjoyed the feel of it against her chest. When it got hungry, she'd likely kill it - but for the moment, Alya was happy to play house.
i can't help but be my own god
69 Posts
Ooc —
He ventured into the night, drawn to the familiar scent of blood. Descending the icy slopes with careful steps, Talion paused to peer over the edge and spotted the body of a dead coyote, but saw no sign of the creature that killed it.

Continuing onward, the peppered yearling breathed deep the metallic tang in the air and made to approach the carcass with caution. He hoped it was a simple case of his pack-mates stopping the coyote from raiding their caches, and not the result of a larger predator. He'd seen signs of bears during his short time on Moonspear, but had yet to actually find one in the flesh.

Talion did not recognose the scent that the attacker had, though he found her paw prints through the snow and followed them. He merely wished to check in on his comrade and be sure that she hadn't sustained any injuries in the fight with the trespassers, and hoped for the opportunity to better integrate himself among the pack by seeking their companionship.

He had not been expecting Hydra, nor the tiny coyote cub tucked close to her chest. From the few yards between them, the boy blinked dumbly down at the slumbering babe, then with curiosity at the dark she-wolf. 
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya awoke to the sound of soft footfalls, but did not lift her head until they came to a halt nearby. The coyote pup had been all but forgotten during her nap, and as she rolled to her paws, it fell away from her with a quiet yap of surprise.

She paid this no mind.

"Were you just going to stare?" Alya asked dryly, shaking the detritus from her pelt and smoothing down a few stray hairs with a swipe of her tongue. Now feeling presentable, she fixed her hard, blue gaze on the young man before her. He was relatively new, and as such, her trust was rather thin. Even those that had been part of Moonspear for some time seemed to have been made nervous by her and her sisters since Galaxy's death. Wraen was avoiding her, now, and Rannoch's eyes were judging. Did this man hate her, too?

The coyote pup toddled toward her and stood between her legs, it's thin body shaking in the cold.
i can't help but be my own god