I was a smart kid, but I hated school.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

Beric had been learning the layout of the island. He was currently enjoying the abundance of crabs on the shoreline. They weren't all that easy to catch, but they were worth the extra effort. He finished his second crab, and lifted his head to look around, licking his maw. It was a warmer day, but the clouds provided some relief from the sun today.

He stretched out on his belly, his mouth opening into a huge yawn. Standing, he shook the sand from his fur, and began to walk along the edge of the shore. Looking out towards the ocean, he saw nothing but water. He wondered how long it went before there was more land. Could he swim to it? Hmm... It would be a risk, seeing as how he couldn't even see his destination.

[/size]
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
[Image: attachment.php?aid=26]
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Mind if I join in? Also, don't forget everyone! Make sure you tell me what your character has been up to in the Behind the Scenes thread! I'm not going to go around hunting for every post you've made during the week!

Majesty awoke that morning deep within the small forest on the island. There had been heavy rain and even a thunderstorm the day before, and for a while, he had sat on the beach and watched the lightning strike the sea. It was like nature's very own fireworks show. But after a while he had decided that he was probably wet enough, and had taken shelter in the heart of the forest. After a while the storm had passed, but he hadn't felt like getting wet sand all over his paws and legs, so he had stayed in the forest 'til nightfall and gone to sleep.

Now, it was morning, and birds chirped happily in the trees. Majesty could tell it would be hot today, but he didn't mind. The high of having his own pack was still buzzing through his mind. He got up, stretched, yawned, and then made his way towards the shoreline - the one facing the mainland. After making his way around the island, doing his rounds and making scent markers, he came across Beric and Silvermane on the opposite shore from where he had started. Beric was looking out to sea, and Silvermane was saying something to him.

Majesty decided to go and say good morning, so he loped over to join them. "Hello," he said quietly, his deep voice rumbling in his chest. "Did you enjoy the rain yesterday?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

It wasn't long before his solitude ended. He was brought from his thoughts by pawsteps in the sand. His ears swiveled a fraction before his head turned to see who was coming. Silvermane, he remembered from the pack meeting. He nodded in agreement that it was a beautiful view, but was only able to shrug at his next questions before more pawsteps reached his ears.

Majesty was approaching, and Beric dipped his head in respect and greeting. He nodded, Put me right to sleep, he admitted. He was usually on guard for sounds, but in the storm that happened last night, there was no way any approaching wolf could be heard unless they were knocking trees down between the claps of thunder. It allowed him to sleep peacefully.

Glancing between the two, he said, I'm sure you've probably seen what the prey here is like. It's better than I thought it would be, for an island. The deer must use the sand bar at low tide to come and go. It was positive point for the island. If the deer had no way to get on it, the wolves would be out of large game in no time.

[/size]
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Tell me what you think of the new writing style of the table. Was the original better of worse? [Image: attachment.php?aid=29]
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Silvermane, considering the fact that it seems like part of your writing is getting cut off on the new writing thing, you might wanna see if you can fix that.

Majesty took a moment to bow to his subordinates out of respect. Then he sat and listened as they talked. They seemed most interested in the small herd of deer that frequented the island, but Majesty was worried they were missing a point. He waited as they finished speaking, and then cleared his throat. It was his turn.

"Well, first of all, high tide and low tide are effected by a multitude of things, two of those being the sun and the moon. Though, from what I've discovered, it seems that for the most part, the high and low tides are always about twelve hours apart, and happen at around noon and, conversely, at around midnight."

He looked out towards the mainland, even though he couldn't see it due to the forest and the cliffs. "For example, right now it's early morning, and the tides are going down. That means that around noon, we'll have a low tide. And at around midnight tonight, we'll have a high tide, where our paws will not be able to touch the sandbar and we would have to swim to get off the island. So, our best bet if we wanted to hunt the deer would be to do so sometime around noon, when the tide is low and the deer would be most likely to cross."

At this, he looked back at his pack-mates. "However, I want to caution you against hunting too many of the deer unless we are low on other prey. We need to pick them off slowly - meaning waiting months at a time in between hunting them - to give their numbers time to replenish. If we hunt the herd into extinction, that won't help us at all. What do you two think?"
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=medium]

He appreciated his pack mate's attempt at friendship. He shook his head side to side, No, I was just lost in my thoughts. But, thank you for asking, he responded honestly.

Beric listened closely to both Silvermane and Majesty. Unfortunately, he had to disagree with the both of them. Respectfully, he began, I don't think it's a good idea to attack as they are coming to shore. If we do, they'll learn that it's dangerous to come to this beach and will just avoid it. In my opinion, we should hunt them away from the shore. That way, they feel they have a safe place, but it isn't a place they can stay if they want food. Since there were no trees or vegetation on the shore, they would have to come inland to feed. Looking to Majesty, he said, I also respectfully disagree about how often we should be hunting them. Sure, we can live off of the rabbits and other rodents on the island, but it will be as if we're lone wolves. If we want to thrive, we would need to kill at least one deer a week. Beric wanted to say that, while the island offered some sort of food, it may not offer enough to sustain this pack for very long. He kept those particular thoughts to himself for now. He did not want to tell Majesty that his pick of the island was wrong, especially in front of another pack mate.

[/size]

</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Sorry for the late reply.. Ive been dealing with some devastating news, I promise that I wont be this late in the upcoming weeks. I guess I was abit taken aback by the fact of me being sterile. Anyways, I hope you guys have a good summer

Silvermane nodded as he listened to Beric speak, he was suprised by the wolf's knowledge and strategies for hunting, and was taken abit back. Why did'nt Beric choose the Gamekeeper trade? It would have helped the pack alot more. All Silvermane could respond with was nodding, as he did not know what to say. Silvermane averted his gaze towards the ocean, it was beautiful indeed, but he was getting pretty sick of the atmosphere here. He longed for his home, and yet felt deep sorrow of himself. What was to become of him? Alas, He did not know, and could only set his eyes on the endless time infront of him.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Well, that sucks. If you need time off, you could request a leave of absence, which wouldn't affect your rank or anything. Wolf is accommodating. If you think you're not up for posting stuff, you can take a break. No one will hold it against you.

Majesty was happy to have such competent wolves in his pack, even though he disagreed with both of them. He thought about it for a little while, and then he said, "Actually, I don't see why hunting smaller prey would make us like lone wolves at all. We even have an island delicacy here. Have either of you ever tried eggs? The seagulls up on the cliffs lay eggs in the spring and summer. We could live off of those for months if we had to."

He paused. "Besides, we could always hunt larger prey off the island, and just eat it there. There are plenty of neutral territories to hunt in. But I do see your point, Beric. About not hunting them on the shore. You are right. We want them to feel safe." Here, he stopped talking, letting the other two think about what he had said and respond accordingly.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm so sorry, Alex :-( Like Isabelle said, take all the time you need. <3

[size=medium]
Silvermane was silent, but Majesty spoke up. It seemed they disagreed, respectfully, on some things, but his Alpha gave a nice alternative. No, I haven't tried eggs before. I'll check them out, though. While he really preferred red meat, he supposed he would need to be a bit more open minded if he was going to live here on the island. His diet may need to include more seafood. There are crabs, as well, and other things that wash up on the shore, he added.

He nodded when Majesty added they could hunt on the mainland, too. If Beric couldn't get his taste buds to cooperate, he would be making many trips to the mainland for food. That's a good idea, he replied. Majesty did agree with him about not ambushing them on the shore.
[/size]

276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Alex, player of Silvermane, has left Wolf, so I don't think we need to wait for him/her anymore. I'm just going to assume that Silvermane is listening, but not saying anything. Is that okay with you, @Beric? Also, last post from me. Would you mind archiving it after you've posted?

Majesty nodded at Beric's words, thinking on them for a moment. "I think I shall start a pack hunt soon. And maybe we should scout out the island a little more, to see exactly what we've got to work with."

He stood. "I should go. I've got to go see what sort of medicinal plants are on the island and start stocking them up. It was nice talking to you both." He nodded to Beric and Silvermane. "Thank you for the feedback. Good day." He turned and was gone, sniffing around to search for plants he could use...