make me feel alive
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Setting this in the time in-between the read-only and the outrider threads since they were supposed to be a day or two apart. :p

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

It had been at least half of a day after he had discovered …or rather thought he had discovered a new pack located on the isle; though he couldn’t be sure that was what had happened. It wasn’t as if they had been made aware as extremely close neighbors or anything and if, indeed, the annoying (or so Ragnar felt) earthen creature had managed to round a few followers and claim it without even informing the Ridge that they planned to take a territory so close well then he was more lack witted than Ragnar had plagued him to be the day in Ravensblood. As it was the scarred Warden stared out at the isle from the shore, hating the lack of real distance between the isle and the ridge. It was just a small strip of ocean and realistically could be swam easily. Torn, he bared his teeth and let out a low grumble of discontent wanting to inform the pack via a howl but not wanting to rise an alarm if it ended up to be nothing more than casual traversing — though Ragnar doubted it even as he thought it. He had been around enough forming packs, raiding, to know that loners did not converge like that unless they were staking a claim.

A deep breath was taken, the salty scent of the ocean filling his lungs as the brine kissed at his face, giving a sticky feeling to his fur as he shifted his weight, sand wedging between his toes before he snorted and turned away sharply, heading back to the den where Thistle was with their newborn children. He intended to track down Verrine and see if the male wished to join him on the journey to the isle, figuring it would work to both of their advantage since Verrine had some scouting experience and he had expressed an equal interest in the Outrider trade, but first he wanted to speak to Thistle. Perhaps his wife should not have been the first woman he confided into considering that Pump was his Alpha but as it was Ragnar didn’t want to bring it up to Pump until he knew for sure and his mind had already been made that he would approach to find out what was going on — though he was suspicious and suspecting enough.

Perhaps, Ragnar realized, he was letting his heightened territorial instincts make a mountain out of an ant hill.

As he neared the den his pace slowed, black, leathery nostrils flaring to inhale the scent of @Thistle Cloud and the newborn pups. He paused outside of it, listening for signs that the children were awake or feeding because he knew if they were he might have to wait until Thistle could steal a few moments to relieve herself figuring that was as good a time as any to speak with her. It wasn’t ideal to confess his anger and suspicion when she was attempting to use the bathroom but it was better than not talking to her at all; besides he wasn’t sure how long this trip would take, or what would happen when he did go. It was an uncertain world, despite that Ragnar felt confident if they were a pack it wasn’t very big. He scented only three other scents along with Majesty’s. “Thistle? Are the children asleep? I need to speak with you.” He called into the den, suddenly glad that the children were deaf for the time being.

I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It had been only five days, but Thistle felt a little cut off from the outside world. She didn't really mind, but she didn't really know what was going on outside of the little ones that suckled at her and whined and squealed in their sleep and awake. She looked down at them, they couldn't move very much and they couldn't see or hear, but she felt them adorable regardless and truthfully she reveled in them everyday as they learned new things.

Thistle heard her husband and since the pups were currently well sated and sleeping soundly, with ein being on top of the two of course he would be. She smiled softly at them and moving gently so she did not jostle or wake them. She tucked the deer hide around them gently and tightly so they did not get cold or notice her absence. She would need to ask Ragnar to maybe find some more animal pelts for smaller animals. She worried often.

She slid from the den mouth, her belly still shrinking in size. She licked his face and nuzzled his neck and continued on past him to sit across from him. She sat down gracefully to her haunches.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
No need to match the length, love! Yet again, Ragnar and I got carried away, lol.

It was nearly a week that their children had been born into the world, and while Ragnar wished he could spare more time to allow Thistle to venture out of the den for more than a few moments of the time he could not offer her as much time as he had wanted too — and even if he didn’t there wasn’t anything he could do for them if they needed to feed (as to which apparently they did a lot). Ragnar tried to compensate for this where he could, sensing his wife’s frustration at being cooped up all the time, by relieving her when he could and when the children were sleeping filling her in on the day’s events even if they were not what Ragnar would have considered important. Today, however, was a different matter, the words he had to take to his wife were nothing short of grim and of what he felt was an importance despite that he was only running off of suspicions and assumptions; his gut told him that he was right short of not having any sort of tangible proof.

Ragnar had not even realized his body had been tense, the muscles beneath his scarred, platinum silver coat pulled taunt and as tight as a wire until he saw Thistle emerge from the den and he felt his body relax, the muscles uncoiling …if only slightly. He was still unnerved, irate, and beyond that bluntly annoyed that he had to extend his patrols to cover the shore line when before it had been entirely unnecessary. There was no scent markers along the beach to claim it as theirs because until recently there had been no need — no one expected wolves to come into their claimed lands through the sea but Ragnar was far too vigilant and far too suspicious to play it off as anything less than what it was: a threat. Despite that he had no proof it was still a possibility and still a threat to the pack, to his wife, to his children. In a brief moment as he watched his wife approach he felt nothing short of resolute frustration wanting to perform the Rite right there and now so that if someone were to come in and slaughter his children he could do something about it. As it currently stood, without the Rites to protect them, he could not take revenge if something were to happen to them at the jaws of a wolf. He had yet to acknowledge them as part of Horizon Ridge, as part of his family to the Gods and thus they were unprotected by him and by the Gods. It was possibly the worst thing in the world Ragnar felt, facing this new pack, he assumed, lording too close to Horizon Ridge. As it was, things had to be done right, Ragnar knew that.

He leaned into her kiss, and further the touch of her as she nuzzled his neck and for a moment he put his concerns and worries and anger behind him as he watched her sashay past him with a glint of appreciation in his eyes. There was little doubt in the Viking’s mind that if he allowed her Thistle could make him forget about everything that bothered him, everything that ate at him …if only for a little while; but this wasn’t that kind of time. He shifted then to face her, desiring to close the small gap between her and draw her close, to touch and hold her but he restrained himself for the moment. She did not speak and Ragnar took it as his initiative to go ahead and begin.

“I believe there may be a small group of wolves that claimed a territory close to Horizon Ridge,” And by close he meant a tiny buffer of ocean that anyone could realistically swim if they wanted too. “There is only four trails all with the same strength, some of other packs still on them faintly.” That was another thing he hadn’t considered until that moment: what of the packs they abandoned? Would that bring trouble to the Ridge’s doorstep? At the thought Ragnar’s hackles bristled in a shivering motion, lips twitching with the urge to bear his teeth at the stupidity of it all. “Do you know the Isle off the shore we could swim too if we wanted? I believe they have claimed that.” Too close, too close, too close! it repeated like a skipping record in his mind. He paused, allowing that to settle into Thistle’s mind and giving her the chance to speak or ask if she had something to say.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud was not frustrated so much at taking care of the pups, but rather not being in the sun. She was a happy individual and the sun always filled her with joy and she could only gather glimpses of it lately when she had to relieve herself. Not that it was a bad thing, and she was doing her best to keep a happy attitude about it. She would not trade her children for anything and the little bit of depression that came with being cooped up she would take. They needed her and she wasn't about to walk out on them or the like simply because she needed some sun light. She figured she would revel in it even more when she could share it with them. And Ragnar was being a prince among men about it. making sure she got breaks when he could and taking care of the babes where he could. It was wonderful and she knew he was busy as well, so he was just as tired as she.

Thistle was momentarily alarmed as she could see the muscles tense on her husband. She wondered what was wrong and it worried her. If he was tense something was very wrong at least to him anyway and it bothered her. She waited patiently for him to gather his thoughts and speak to her about it.

Thistle's eye went wide, Why on earth would another pack settle so close to us? I know I am not very knowledgeable about packs and their mannerisms, but isn't that unusual. Ragnar what if they should gain more followers, we have quite a few, but they could maybe even turn some of our own against us. Are they are threat? Should we be worried that they will attack and raid us. Gods forgive me, but i'll kill any that threaten are children and it will not be done with mercy. Thistle was immediately worried, what if they decided to attack them this pack that was so near her new home. have you told pump? That is far to close it is mere meters away! Perhaps the amber colored wolf was overreacting, maybe her maternal instincts were warring with her, but she did not like the close proximity. They could merely swim to them and as soon as they touched beach they would be on their land and in their home.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

It was impossible for Ragnar to entirely relax, especially now that he would have to tell his Wardens and eventually Pump to stretch their patrols to include the shore. It was a whole extra stretch of land they had not previously worried about and though Ragnar would never relent on his duties it irritated him because it was an extra hour or two taken away from the time he set aside specifically for Thistle and their babies; all because of some annoying, over eager wolf who thought what it took to be an alpha (wow Ragnar’s thoughts are harsh >__>) and couldn’t suck it up under his present leaders’ rule — as it was Ragnar was a harsh critic when it came to leaders because his culture only accepted the best of the best; anything less and they’d be dinner for the vultures. There were more practical ways of dealing with a leader you couldn’t stand aside from settling practically right on top of a pre-established pack who, frankly had a right to be hostile about it — providing it was the case, of course. Ragnar didn’t know for sure and wouldn’t, until he approached them; however Ragnar was far from incompetent and had been around long enough to know the signs of a newly found pack. The Gods alone knew how many of these slipping and sliding packs he had raided, and chased away from the Cove.

If Ragnar could get Pump on his side about it he would make sure they realized the mistake they made; but he was on the fence about how she would react because when he thought she would side with him (namely like with the bear) she had totally floored the Viking and been lenient, brushed it off as if it were no big deal (a fact that a bear had demolished several of their caches and had tried to kill the three/four of them was a big deal). There was about a fifty-fifty chance she would go either way. Either she would care or …she wouldn’t. It wasn’t even a matter of “oh I didn’t know” because Horizon Ridge was one of the oldest packs in the valley. He wanted to fight, to break and tear them down for being so callous and ignorant but he was on a tight leash and did not have the liberty to do whatever he pleased. As it was, he was already making plans to just “talk” well no, talk wasn’t the right word. To warn. That much was within his power.

Slowly, Ragnar focused back in upon Thistle feeling a relief at the first thing that popped out of her mouth: a question of why they would claim land so close. For a second he had considered that Thistle might have tried to soothe him and tell him he was being paranoid and worrying for no reason; or worse yet that it was no big deal. But she didn’t. “Suicidal,” Ragnar offered giving away what he had planned for trespassers without really meaning too. Ragnar snorted at her worrying about them turning some of their own against them. “I don’t think that will happen,” Ragnar had not been impressed on what he had seen of Majesty. Maybe it was arrogant of Ragnar to be so self assured but it was what it was. If he did then those wolves would be traitors and Ragnar did not take traitors with any kind of lightness. It was their own death warrant they would be signing the day they abandoned the pack — Ragnar wouldn’t begrudge anyone leaving it was a choice but on the same turn he would not tolerate those who would abandon. “Listen,” He attempted to grasp his wife’s attention and went to her then, closing the gap between them with a regal ease, drawing close until they were chest to chest his tongue smoothing over her sandy colored scruff. “I do not know if they are a pack or not; but even if they are and even if the wolf I think leads them does he has met me and I do not think he wants to be on my bad side.” If Majesty thought what little he had seen of Ragnar had been bad he had yet to see what Ragnar could truly be. "He does not seem the raiding type." But that did not eliminate him as an enemy or a threat. Not by a long shot.

“If they are a pack their proximity poses a threat. The tide could easily carry them away from their goal without them knowing and they could end up in our lands. I know this. I have extended my patrols to cover the shore, too, and will be approaching the other wardens about it,” Ragnar had already considered it and had it covered as much as he could running off of assumptions, anyway. “No. I wasn’t going too until I knew for sure if it was a pack or not,” What if he got everyone worried for nothing? Ragnar did not think this was the case, but still. “I was going to take Verrine and see what he thinks about it and decide from there to approach,” Ragnar hesitated for a second. “Should I tell Pump now? I mean if it is nothing then it would be stupid to alert everyone. I have no proof.” But he wanted his wife’s opinion because he was torn between his instincts as once Jarl and the tug on his leash as only the Second in Command with no real decision making.

Ragnar liked to think that as his position as Head Warden he had some leeway when it came to the overall safety of the pack but he didn’t think that was the case and suddenly he was torn. Torn and hated it. If it was up to him alone he’d have went already, gave his grim warning to stay out of Horizon Ridge’s territory or die and then been on his way but it wasn’t up to him.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened to him and she took great comfort readily from the touch he offered sighing at he soothed her fur with his tongue. that proves he is at least semi smart if he does not wish to get on your bad side dear heart. She sighed as her brow furrowed as she tried to grasp at everything that he just told her and her own over the top reaction.

Thistle listened again and she wondered if he should tell Pump herself after she asked the question. She had to think about it. Though Pump was very diligent about watching their borders and keeping track of the surrounding area. She did not know if they should bother her yet with what they knew. You know what Ragnar No maybe you shouldn't tell her yet until you are certain they are a pack. They could be some loners just gathering to travel together. It is unlikely of course, but it is possible too. I do think though as soon as you know for sure you should tell Pump right away so she can help you keep an eye on that certain area. You are a strong, man with much endurance, but even that will stretch you thin.

Thistle buried her muzzle into the ruff on his neck thinking hard about the days events. To say that she was nervous about the others was an understatement. Knowing that her children were virtually helpless and the only thing that stood between them and the other wolves were herself her husband and their pack and it made her jittery and nervous
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

“I did say I didn’t think he wants on my bad side, not that he wouldn’t put himself there,” He corrected her with a grim sort of grin that was so far from holding mirth. In the fact of it was a cutting and dangerous thing, more of a forbidding bearing of his teeth than anything. The truth of the matter was, Majesty had been on Ragnar’s ‘Watch List’ from the day Ragnar had (more or less) chased him out of Ravensblood Forest and if Ragnar’s suspicions proved to be true the Viking’s preconceived opinion of the earthen colored man wasn’t bound to improve. It would merely skirt him higher in the savage’s bad graces — which was not a good place to be. “I may be a leader but she is our alpha and she should be made aware but if it is nothing I do not want territorial judgments on my part to make her question my abilities,” There was always the chance that Ragnar’s gut was wrong, that he was just being overly territorial and suspicious; Ragnar did not think this was the case but he held his abilities and knowledge highly upon himself. It would be a ugly thing of Ragnar was demoted and it would end very badly for one of them, if not both. He did not want to have that kind of angry fight with Pump, did not want to challenge her for her rank because he did not want the Ridge and if circumstance and Odinn would see to a victory in this theoretical scenario he did not want rebellion. Surely there were plenty of wolves that would side with Pump.

“This is an Outrider trip, to serve both for Verrine, if he agrees, as training for the Trade mostly. The fact that I think it might also be the discovery of a newly formed pack is it’s second purpose. I have decided that if it is a pack then I will, as Beta and Head Warden, approach and warn them about coming into the mainland on our shores,” Surely that much was within his power to do. “Then I will come back and speak to Pump once I know for sure if it is or isn’t and we can decide what to do about it further.” It sounded logical to Ragnar who did not want to make a giant scene, involve Pump, whom if it turned out to be nothing, had better things to do than follow her Beta’s suspicions. Ragnar had considered letting Gavriil know about the possibility but thought better of it, figuring the Delta might alert Pump to it and cause what Ragnar was trying to avoid until he had some kind of tangible proof, either way. The Viking had to tackle only one thing at a time. “I am fine, my love,” He insisted when she spoke of stretching himself thin. He was built to push himself, pushed himself often even when he had been nothing more than the Jarl’s ‘Middle Son’ (aka the Ignored Son). He was conditioned to go past his normal breaking point and he was young (and admittedly restless).

“I shouldn’t be gone for any more than a day, they are not far away but I have to retrace my original trail through the Totoka River and into Sea Lion Shores,” Which were all in close proximity to Horizon Ridge. “Do not be stubborn if you need assistance. Keep them out of the den but if you need food or something call for someone. Nerian or Gavriil. If they ask where I am tell them I went on an Outrider trip. It is not a lie but they don’t need any more information that that.” Ragnar was confident that Thistle could handle herself and the children for a day (maybe two) by herself, though Ragnar did not intend to make the trip very long.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OOC: I love the bottom name there it's awesome :)

Thistle saw his grin if you could call it that and shivered slightly, but not in fear. More of the fact that she was aware of what he was capable of even if he hadn't told her fully some of his more savage nature. She could guess most of it and though she did not know much about war and violence she had seen and heard of the after maths. And if her husband scar ridden pelt was anything to go by he knew them up close and personal. That made her realize that if the other wolf was smart he would give her husband a wide berth and if he wasn't well his blood may very well stain the ground a red color.

Thistle nibbled at her cheek and nodded her head I think that is a smart plan Ragnar. No use in getting every one up in fur about it, if it isn't to be something to worry of. I Do not know this Verrine, but I know Julooke. Thistle listened to him and thought about it, she briefly wondered why he hadn't asked Gavriil since he had been here longer, but she chose to not voice that question. She thought perhaps it was just simply the fact that Verrine wanted the outrider trade. She smiled a little bit impishly and said huskily teasing I know this very well Ragnar. Then she raised an eyebrow and backed up a few steps. She was merely teasing and to be honest she had no idea what had gotten into her, but she really could not help the words that spilled and truth be told she didn't really want to catch them back. She maybe young and yes a bit naive, and sometimes such talk made her incredibly warm under her fur and want to hide her head under a rock, but today she felt it was needed if only to justify and pacify and take away the tension that her husband felt.

Thistle sniffed and glared at him in mock anger I am not that stubborn Ragnar Loðbrók. But she couldn't help the small smile that threatened to over take her maw. However, as the rest of his words made their mark, Thistle frowned and spoke softly, I will ask Gavriil before I ask your priestess Ragnar. She does not like me I don't think and well she makes me nervous. I do not know how to act around her.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I know, CJ made it for me when she made my set and I wasn't sure where to put it except now. :p

There was a part of Ragnar that wanted to tell Pump, to alert her of the possibility but considering he wasn’t even sure what was going on he didn’t want to worry her with something that was nothing more than an assumption. If he was Jarl and one of his wolves had come to him with a suspicion (while Ragnar, admittedly probably would have checked it out himself as he was doing now) he would have been annoyed that no tangible sort of proof had been brought back to solidify it either way. There were more important things to be done than chasing something that might not be what assumptions made it be. Even for Ragnar there were more important things but his gut was telling him that his assumptions were correct and if he just let it go he would never be able to rest, and certainly never be able to sleep. He had to know, either way; and it had to be him who went because he had found the trail to begin with. The storm Thor had conjured that night might have washed away the exact scents that Ragnar had followed but he was good enough at tracking that he did not need them to find his way back. The Viking only hoped that if Verrine did agree to go along that at least some new scents were made so he could get a solid opinion out of the other aspiring Outrider.

“They arrived together, Verrine and Julooke. I accepted them at the same time,” So far, they were both holding their own weight. Julooke, especially, had impressed the silver Viking and had quickly earned the Northman’s respect even if he had yet to let on about it (considering Ragnar was not the type that came directly out and said such things, most of the time). Gavriil, while was a logical choice to join Ragnar on it, was a friend but he had already proved himself sevenfold. Ragnar thought it might be a good way to test Verrine’s scouting skills, plus aid them both at the same time. Not to mention, Ragnar had a fear that given Gavriil’s affections for their hybrid leader he might say something before Ragnar was ready to bring it to her as a concern; or if it turned out to be nothing more than Ragnar’s suspicions then he would let it go. It wasn’t like Ragnar was doing anything remotely deceitful — if anything he was doing his duty as Head Warden, future Outrider and Beta. More importantly, he was doing his duty as a husband and father.

It took Ragnar a moment to understand the gist of his wife’s impish grin and teasing to his ‘I am fine, my love’ his mind still settled upon the serious matter of things but also because he was not well versed on hidden connotations of words that the wolves who spoke the common tongue seemed to like. Ragnar had not meant those words to have a hidden connotation but Thistle had initiated it nevertheless. His small ‘v’ that had formed between his brow smoothed out and he offered his wife a wolfish grin, tail lashing in a carnal manner as he studied her with a coy, seductive smirk across his lips knowing that she would indulge him in taking his mind off of his worries for a small while if he asked. Maybe even she would though he had not asked. Ragnar could not say that he would mind the heady, carnal, passionate distraction of love making.

Thistle’s mock anger was merely amusing to Ragnar who let out a soft snort and a small, rumbling chuckle that died in his chest when Thistle frowned and expressed that Nerian made her nervous. The mood changed abruptly and Ragnar felt only confusion at his wife’s words about Nerian. This was the first time Ragnar was hearing that Nerian and Thistle had met and the woman had not sought out the Viking after he had rejected her — if one could actually call that a rejection. On the few times in the Cove when the Viking had went to his slave in the hopes that she might sate his carnal desires she refused on the terms that her “God” was the only one who could touch her or however she had worded it. Ragnar had decidedly stopped listening at the “No”. Eventually, Ragnar had stopped asking and had more or less brushed her off as an asset. She would never give him what he had wanted from her and thusly he had moved on (besides Ragnar didn’t like the idea of sharing a heart with something he felt didn’t even exist). For a terse moment Ragnar wondered if somehow Thistle did not know that Nerian more or less loved Ragnar (in a very sad bought of Stockholm Syndrome). That was what the Priestess had told him, not in those exact words but Ragnar was able to put two and two together.

Ragnar had not told Thistle about that because there was no reason too. Ragnar had rejected Nerian because his heart belonged wholly and inseparably to Thistle, his tiny Viking. Ragnar hadn’t planned to fall in love (not ever, really) but Odinn had and it had been Fated all along. He drew in a deep breath and let it out figuring they were already on the subject. “She is …jealous of you, my love,” It might not have been Ragnar’s place to tell Thistle what Nerian’s problem was but he was doing it anyway. He did not want animosity to form between the two women in his life: his wife and his slave. Of course, it might have been too late for him to stop that, anyway. “She will not harm you.” Ragnar attempted assure his wife with his complete confidence in that. She would be a fool girl to harm Thistle, and as it was Ragnar did not see the Priestess to be jealous enough to stoop to that level. All Ragnar knew of the girl was that she was docile.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I have tried to write reply 3 times now first it got deleted, second my laptop finally crashed its been on its last leg for a few months.

Thistle listened to her husband Julooke sought me out I taught her about pain and internal bleeding maybe a little bit about delusional fevers. the last part was merely in jest for her husband seemed to have a penchant for delusional fevers.

Thistle would take her husbands stress from him willingly with her small and lithe self. however given the moment she would wait until he worked through his conflicting thoughts at the time. Then perhaps if there was time and the pups were not hungry and awake she'd initiate and comply.

Thistle stared at her husband for a moment and suddenly she was very very angry at him at nerian at everyone. She hated how he could intiate passion of all forms in her at times. She knew it wasn't his fault the way he was and he couldn't help who fell in love with him really. But she simply did not like the position she had been put in. She laughed in absolute irony at his next words it was a cold chuckle but she couldn't help it clearly dear heart you have no idea what women are capable of when angry or jealous and if you ever rejected her and she got angry I would not put it past her to harm me. she very possibly knows more about some plants than I. I am not saying she wil but she could and you would be none the wiser. she sighed and shook her head sitting down and then laying down all the sudden far too tired to deal with the conflicting emotions eating her up. most of all she felt bad for them because it wasn't her husbands fault completely. Granted he had offeredx her so many times and she rejected but eventually she would turn it into a fantasy any woman would it couldn't be helped.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ugh that sucks! :-( Also...I feel like Ragnar has no comprehension skills whatsoever when it comes to telling women things. xD

“Would you let her treat my delusional fevers?” Ragnar murmured his question to his wife, a trademark coy smirk tugging at the edges of his lips. It had been a while since his last one had hit, a product, he was determined came from the Allfather’s possession. In them, reality became blurred and he was more prone to acting like the ‘playboy’ he’d been before he had committed himself to Thistle. Out of tune with reality and incoherency likely put Ragnar at his most dangerous because there was no sense of veracity, nothing to distinguish and tell him differently. It held the very real potential to be disastrous especially if advances were not rejected. “Or any other woman for that matter?” It was only when women treated him that he acted carnal, he found. Floki had treated them dozens of time and Ragnar had only ever been grumpy when Floki allowed him to be awake. Given Ragnar’s proneness to violence when it came to healing the mischievous Viking liked to keep the Jarl unconscious.

There was a brief moment when Ragnar mistook the heat of his wife’s stare to be unbridled passion as it seared into his skin, prickling at his nerves but he realized at Thistle’s harsh, ironic laugh that he had gotten it all wrong. It wasn’t heat of unbridled passion but the heat of her anger. Ears slicked back to his head because he had no idea what he had done wrong — even though he hadn’t done anything wrong. Nerian had been practically throwing herself at him, and it would have been easy to claim the Priestess as his, too, right then and there, but Ragnar hadn’t. Ragnar hadn’t because of her threat, because, and the most important reason, of his love for Thistle. In response to her own anger, Ragnar felt a swell of ire rise in his chest, possibly at the fact that she even considered Nerian as some sort of competition (or so this was what Ragnar assumed). If things had been vastly different, maybe, but they weren’t and while Ragnar had tried to pursue Nerian in the Cove she had rejected each of his advances until he had stopped trying period. Ragnar wasn’t sure what the difference was here, he was the same man and she was the same woman. Neither had changed besides Ragnar’s devotion to his wife. A devotion borne of his unyielding love for Thistle, something he had not felt for any of his previous wives. They had merely been conquests. Things he wanted to claim while they were interesting and dispose of when they ceased to be so.

He listened to her words and watched her lay down, heard the heavy sigh that passed through her lips. “She confessed love for me,” Ragnar told Thistle abruptly, bluntly, encouraged by his seething ire and his desire to defend himself. “She threw herself at me, touching my body with hers, inviting me to take her,” The Viking’s nostrils flared with a vicious expel of air as he loomed over his wife, stepping so he was partially standing over her, each front leg on either side of her as he bent so his muzzle was close to her right ear. “And do you know what I did?” His words were harsh, taking on the rough edges of his native tongue (of which he almost feared he might slip into) “I rejected her. Twice,” Because it had felt to Ragnar that she had been pursuing him even after he had informed her he had a wife. “For you. Because of you. Do not think that you have any competition because I have given you my heart.” Ragnar did not necessarily mean to be so rough with her but idly he wondered how many times he would have to tell her that.

“She will not hurt you. She knows if she does I will kill her.” Ragnar had spared her once but he would not extend the courtesy if she touched Thistle or their children with ill intent. His fondness for anyone did not extend that far.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"Eh he does but Thistle's being ridiculous in my own personal opinion lol oh wow she can be so b***hy and vindictive"

Thistle raised an eyebrow at him and scoffed of course I wouldn't let any other woman near you during that time especially a select few. I would not have you going at them like some wild man in the throes of passion that alone belongs to me.She tiled her head daring him to argue with a small smile on her lips. She was slowly allowing herself to calm down realizing that she was acting quite the fool really.

Thistle's eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared as he confessed that to him and she was furious. Even if he had not been her's she would have been incredibly ticked off. It was not right for another woman to go after a claimed man and vise versa. She also found she was quite irritated with him as she found his ire quite igniting and wanted to attack him in a perfectly good way. God there was something wrong with her, he had done something to her it was a strange feeling. She took a moment to consider this as her brow lessened it's pinch slightly. ragnar I do not think you would have accepted her. It is the simple fact and though it is no fault of yours, that these women just fall at your feet it irritates me. Would you feel okay if men actively pursued me even if they knew I was claimed, even if I spurned them as I would do. It would not bother you? Do you understand? Her brow became pinched again, she licked his muzzle gently, but she slid backwards and pushed herself to her feet lashing her tail in irritation but not at him more so at herself.

She listened to his words and mumbled under her breath Not if I do so first and it would not be done with mercy. She tilted her head and shook her shoulders and her back trying to push the irritation away from herself, granted that was physically impossible but she would try it nonetheless
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Thistle reminds me of Lagertha so much. xD <3

Ragnar had merely been teasing his wife but her scoff and rebuttal signified that she had taken his words with a sincerity they had not been meant to be taken as despite that he had found it fascinating that she had informed Julooke on how to deal with delusional fevers. More that the Viking thought about the more he came to realize that surely he was not the only one to ever suffer from it’s ill effects and would not be the last. It was a secret of the trade, passed from Thistle now to Julooke as someone had surely passed it off to Thistle. Ragnar could say with any degree of certainty that he wouldn’t pursue another woman clouded with delusional fever if it were a woman other than Thistle that treated him for it and it was that uncertainty that clued Ragnar in on why his wife had taken his words with such importance; because she knew he would, too. “What if it is not me?” He asked her then, teasing her along further. “What if it is the Allfather desiring a conquest?” Ragnar viewed women as equals to men, they were an important part of his culture and the men respected the free women but that did not mean that Ragnar did not still subject his previous wives and dalliances as nothing short of what they had been to him: conquests. Nothing more.

It was easy to tell that he had now earned Thistle’s fury, ironic though it was, in telling her the truth. In confessing what Nerian had (in so little words) admitted to him; that in a strong case of what he did not know was called Stockholm Syndrome she had fallen in love with her captor — him. It was not as if Ragnar had ever expected the Anglo-Saxon woman to fall in love with him and even now he was suspicious of it, though her body language and eyes had made it abundantly clear that she had not been lying to him. Women?” Rangar asked, incredulous, caught off guard by her plural use of the word that implied more than one. “There is more than one?” That was news to him but even so he failed to understand what he was supposed to do about it other than become a hermit like Kennedy, in which case it would be better for her to end his life right then and there than make him suffer a life of unclaimed ambition and elusiveness. Ragnar was an explorer, a conqueror to take that away from him would be to strip him of his essence. Of everything he was, of everything he was born to be. “What would you have me do, hm?” The question came out rough, harsh, demanding of an answer that he could not come up with on his own.

“I have done what I could. I told her that I love you, that we have children, that I am a faithful husband now. She has not sought me out since. I believe she has gotten the message so she is not actively pursuing me.” In his attempt to keep the two women of his life from slamming heads with one another he had managed to make whatever pre-existing animosity between them seemingly worse. Women the Viking thought with a roll of his eyes, they were beautiful creatures, pleasing and strong but difficult as could be; Thistle had caught him with her words with her question and for a moment Ragnar seethed in irritated silence as she licked his muzzle — a surprising gesture from a woman whom he assumed was angry with him — and backed herself out of his somewhat embrace. He turned to face her, eyes narrowed, face set in a stoic and harsh, terse lines. She understood that it had been his initial jealousy at the thought of letting another man have her after their night of passion in the apex of her heat cycle in Ravensblood Forest had been what had spurred him to claiming her as his mate, also. That is different is what burned upon the tip of his tongue but was destined to never pass through his lips because he knew there was nothing but hypocrisy in those simple, three words.

“I would tear them apart and wear their skull as a helm,” The savage responded to her question, baring his teeth at her as he sauntered closer, feeling the embers of passion stir within the blaze of ire deep within him. There was something about Thistle’s anger and jealousy that was so damn sexy to the Viking. “Why are you so threatened by her?” That was the enigma of the whole thing to Ragnar. It was what he strove to understand with desperation but couldn’t unless she explained it to him. He was not Odinn, after all.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
"that makes me laugh because i have never even watched it lol"

thistle chuckled and said quietly not acceptable she teased him back. She would be damned if her any woman other than herself took care of her husband when he was in a delusional fever. Even if she was on her own death bed no on would do so other than her.

Thistle laughed again and spoke quietly Ragnar I am sure you have left a string of broken hearts behind you. And do not deign to think that if they could they wouldn't jump your bones all over again because they would if they could. I would not have you do anything, it is not with you where my ire lies at the moment. She tilted her head she didn't know how she could make him understand she was mad at him for being so good looking and unattainable for all the women but her. It wasn't his fault and she couldn't really say that she didn't think he would understand.

Yes I know you would and I am the same way only of the female variety. it is just the way of things. And I am not threatened by her Ragnar she made me angry I would love nothing more than to tear her face off and feed it to her. She knew that you were with another and even if you were loose with yourself and carefree before where females were concerned a woman should not pursue another when they are clearly taken it just isn't done just as a man shouldn't. She saw him stalk closer and blue eyes went wide with a raised eyebrow. She really would not ever be that violent and she knew being the one that she was she would not treat the woman badly late when they met and she was able to calm down. Though she may have to have words with her slightly just enough to make it clear she had crossed a line.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

The sound of his wife’s chuckle was almost enough to lead Ragnar along on the belief that the fires of each other’s ire was blazing in a very different direction, her ‘unacceptable’ low and teasing inspiring the wolfish grin that exposed his sharp teeth at her, his gaze heavy and heated as he looked her over in a manner that was akin to an artist observing a masterpiece. Admiring and calculating, awe-struck and knowledgeable. “I have scorned a lot of women,” He murmured in a contradicting tone, doubting his wife’s confidence that the women he left used and abandoned would jump at the chance to have at him once more. “What is it they say? Hell hath no fury like a woman left scorned? I do not know this Hell,” Ragnar assumed it was some type of mythological wolf — not realizing that it was a place and one that Nerian believed in at that — “But if a scorned woman’s fury is greater than his I think that is bad.” Given that Ragnar didn’t fully understand the saying he couldn’t say for sure. “I do not think they would want me again.”

Not that Ragnar wanted them to want him again because he didn’t. Whatever lust the Viking had felt for them had been brief and entirely extinguished.

“It is not Nerian’s fault, either,” Ragnar spoke quietly in his slave’s defense when Thistle informed him that her ire was not at him. That left only Nerian in his mind and it wasn’t fair that she bear the brunt of Thistle’s wrath when she could no more help that she had fallen in love with him than Ragnar could help others falling in love with him. He understood Thistle’s disposition but then again he understood that all Nerian knew of him was his flighty behavior with women. It was no wonder she thought that what he had with Thistle would not last. Yet, there were outlining differences between his relationship with Thistle and the relationship with all his previous women. The most important, outlining difference. Love. “You don’t need to speak to Nerian about this,” Ragnar spoke suddenly, touching upon one of his wife’s thoughts without even realizing it. “I will tell her to stay clear of you. She is my responsibility, and I need her.” It was one of the reasons why he had yet to grant the Priestess her freedom. Ragnar still needed the unwilling loyalty that bound her to him, tested time and time again. He had promised her her freedom once he got what he wanted, what Odinn demanded; and in that meantime Ragnar did not need them going for one another’s throats as if he were some prized bull they had to fight to the death over.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
thistle laughed and looked at her husband and teasingly spoke Scorn me once Ragnar and I will show you exactly what that hell is, trust me. She knew he wouldn't and she was merely teasing, but she decided to let him know she was teasing in case the message was lost on him in translation, sometimes he had trouble with common words. She wished she could talk to him in his own language he would probably like that. I know you wouldn't though Ragnar.

Thistle raised an eyebrow and then spoke You will tell her no such thing Ragnar. I am a big girl I can take care of myself, and I think I have enough maturity to handle situations. I will not treat her badly or any differently. She has knowledge I would like to know and she does need a friend, even if I am a bit irritated with her does not mean a thing. I'll get over it. Because you are right she can't help it. Though if she crosses the line again not even you will be able to stop me Ragnar. And she meant it, she was a patient and kind woman and she took a lot of crap but when it came to her own and her happiness well she would fight for it. It bothered her that he still needed his priestess, but she would deal. The thought was fleeting and scathing, but she dealt with it.

Deciding she did not like this trepidation she shifted and moved forward. She nipped at his shoulder and buried her face in his scruff, but did not move. She was still lightly irritated, but she wanted to make him sure she was not upset with him.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Wrap this up soonish and have another one (only if you want too :P)? Also, I love how they bicker. Just like the married couple they are! lol.

Ragnar understood his wife was teasing but the threat beneath her tongue-in-cheek words was, however, a true one. They had been over it many times when in truth she had only needed to make her threat to him once …not that if things had gone differently than they had (I.E. he wouldn’t have fell in love with her) that it would have truly deterred him. Ragnar did not fear death. It was embraced welcomingly in his culture though a warrior typically wished to die on the battlefield and not at the hands of a woman left scorned.

It became apparent to the Viking that his wife did not approve of his need to take it into his own hands and handle it and made it clear when she told him, flat out, ‘no’. “Do not let her know I told you she is in love with me,” It was his turn to interject something. He would do as she wished because she promised she could handle it maturely and Ragnar, in that way, was showing that he trusted her to do so; that didn’t mean he couldn’t set some ground rules for it, as well. The fact that Thistle was so willing to harm Nerian for something she couldn’t help — in a hilariously ironic turn of events — bothered Ragnar. “She is my slave,” Ragnar reminded his wife stoically. “If you do not want me to interfere in your fight with her over me,” Or whatever it was, his annoyance was pronounced by the lash of his tail. “Then you will not interfere on how I handle it if she tries again.”

He inhaled deeply when she buried her face into his shoulder after nipping at it, and buried his muzzled into the fur of her neck. “I will not fight with you over property, wife. When she helps me get what I want I will give her the freedom she desires and she will go back to the home I stole her from. Back to her Priestesses like she wants too.” And as far as Ragnar was concerned that was the end of it.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
of course another i'm always up for those two i'm sorta maybe kinda obsessed :D.

Thistle froze for a moment slightly irritated. She would have liked to handle something like that on her own. As he wasn't the one that was being mistreated in a way it was she. She was the one who was being wronged not him, she was the one that was basically getting it stuck to her. She would be the one to have to see another female try and rub all over her husband not him. She snorted but acquieced very well Ragnar I will let you handle it if you are there, but I warn you husband if she says something to me candidly I will definitely be candid back in a manner of speaking. She would let him handle how he saw fit, but she would not back down if Nerian approached her about it, not that she would, but if she did.

She nodded her head her voice muffled in his neck her breath whispering slightly across his fur and skin. Alright ragnar I'm done nagging.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
hehe, me too! <3 I'll get a new one up for us after I do my half of the rank check stuff this morning. :-)

Marriage was about compromises; Ragnar had always been bad about compromising. He negotiated what he had too because it was practical and sometimes bending something would lead it’s eventual breaking. As far as Nerian went, Ragnar did not think there was anything to negotiate and had been rather pleased with how he had handled his slaves’ sexual advances and the bomb shell of her proposed love for him. He had been nothing short of absolutely faithful to his wife in the entire thing and he couldn’t blame Nerian for what she could not help. Ragnar did not consider it a big deal because he had turned her down, and if she continued to pursue him he would continue with his rejections (then again Ragnar is a man and failed to understand how it rubbed Thistle wrongly). “There is no need to fight over me,” Ragnar murmured to her teasingly; he almost finished it with a there is plenty of me to go around but figured his wife would not see the humor in the last half so chose to let it out. Although, he had never seen two females fight over a male before and considered that it might be something he was interesting in observing at least once in his life.

“Good,” The Viking whispered heatedly in his wife’s ear, drawing her closer to him silently accepting her previous carnal offer (at least that was what he took it to be) wishing to be effectively distracted by all she had to offer him.