Greatwater Lake Are you ready for the fall
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Nikan and @Tree :)

Her black muzzle raised to take in the surrounding scents as the pair approached the lake. Little activity was found amongst the snow and The Nightstalker sought only the chilling liquid that would ease the scratching in her throat - she craved the flesh of a wolf, but she knew that her target would not be one of their species today. So she flicked an ear and peered with a glint in her eye behind her to where Tree stood, opening her maw to speak. "We are close to the lake now." The luring voice of Kelina drifted over the wind, inky fur ruffling.

She continued moving then, the prospect of a cold drink all the motive she needed. Like a shadow she passed swiftly over the coat of white covering the land, until at last she reached the edge of the lake. Here, she glanced one more time back to her companion before dipping her muzzle into the water and lapping it up steadily.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The hard snow was cold under her feet as she followed the wolfess she thought of as 'The Shadow'. She spoke as she glanced back at her, and a satisfied smile appeared on her face. They were almost to the lake. She followed her as they picked up speed, the hulking form of herself and the blackness of the other wolfess making no sound as they crossed the land. Arriving at the icy lake, she held back so the other could have their fill of the refreshing liquid. Her eyes missed nothing as she scanned the horizon, an intimidating look in her eyes as she dared anything to interrupt.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Already he'd been in several fights and had various scars and scabs across his pelage. This didn't bother him though, in fact it made the massive brute's chest swell with a cocky sort of pride. He had backtracked his trail a little bit, wondering if he'd missed something about Awinita's trail. Up ahead he spotted the glimmering surface of a lake and decided to stop for water walking straight out of the trees. Purple and blue eyes lifted immediately as the scent of two others hit him before he could actually see them.

One was a she wolf the color of the night and the other was a multicolored brown hued smaller she wolf. With a huff from his nose he continued onward toward the shore, lowering his muzzle to the water and drinking with his eyes still raised and staring at them.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The chilled water was swallowed quickly, and the itch in her throat settled fast. When she had finished drinking, Kelina sat back on her dark haunches and took a whiff of the air, bitterly cold air stinging her nostrils as the scent of a stranger was revealed to her. Pivoting her ears, she located the sound of an approaching wolf, padding through the snow. With a curious spark in her eye, she spotted the figure not too far from the lake and an attractive grin spread across her feminine features. The Nightstalker kept a violet eye on the man, glancing briefly to the wolfess beside her.

After a moment, she called out in a sweet voice to the other. "Hey there, stranger~" It was true there was malice hidden within the depths of her eyes, but she masked it well. Perhaps the male would be intrigued enough to respond, and then she might have the chance to recruit him if he seemed enough to her standards.
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She caught sight of the young wolf, and her ears flicked forward. Her eyes didn't leave his as he drank, unafraid. Cocking her eyebrow, she studied him, her look unsubtle as she went over his body. Lean muscle, good form. He might make a nice recruit. As the thought crossed her mind, her companion spoke, her voice making the woman grin. They had had the same idea. Leaving them to speak, her head dipped as she lapped up water. She seemed relaxed, but as always, her muscles were tense, ready at a moment's notice to spring into action.
The devil asked me how I knew my way around the halls of Hell. I told him I did not need a map for the Darkness I knew so well.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
They returned his staring which made him flick an ear. It seemed there was no fear between the three of them at all, something that annoyed and pleased him in a begrudging way. He wasn't thirsty anymore but as the night cloaked female grinned and called out to him, he made a show of continuing to stare in the same unconcerned way as he lapped at the water for a few extra moments.

Deciding enough was enough he raised his head and slowly walked closer, though still far enough away to make a run for it if they tag teamed him. "Hello madame, second second madame" he said calmly, looking at them both in turn though his eyes took note that this dark female was smiling at him in an entirely all to sweet way for a stranger. "Did you need something, or did you just greet me so enthusiastically for the hell of it?" He asked his maw forming his own charming grin though his eyes clearly displayed he wasn't impressed or exactly enthused to be greeted.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She had sensed already that her companion had aquired a similar idea to her own, and she almost chuckled at how their minds seemed to easily work together. Yes, this was what she needed. Wolves who were not too different in nature, and shared some of the same tendencies, same desires, as her. For example, the almost unbearable want to feast upon a creature of their own kind. Kelina knew that Tree was not in the slightest against the prospect of bringing a wolf down only for the two of them to rip open the stomach and devour what remained inside. 

The Nightstalker felt a flicker of amusement spark within her blackened chest as the male's words reached her ears, and her tail flicked nonchalantly behind her. She dropped most of the facade immediately, reverting to her usual self that was not in the slightest any less elegant than she had appeared previously. Like a large feline she rose from her haunches, a small chuckle falling from her shadowed lips and she studied him - he seemed healthy, and spoke in a way which caught her interest. He was not like many other wolves in the Teekon, she mused to herself, for many could not see through the mask that she chose to hide herself in to cause mischief. Ah, she quite liked the challenge of someone seeing through her sweet smile. "Mmm. You seem well-built enough to make a rather nice meal - but also healthy enough to do greater things for me. For us. What is your name?"
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Watching the almost defiant wolf, her head raised as an almost amused look rested on her face, water dripping from her maw. She tilted her head slightly, already planning on how to move on him if he proved not to be worthy, her eyes subtly flicking over him and the landscape. Her ears perked forward as she stood and shook, her muscles rippling as fur moved as a field of wheat blown by the wind. She walked behind the shadow, her footsteps making no noise. The wolfess began to speak, and her mouth watered, her eyes becoming sharp on him for only a moment before she sat back on her haunches, a bored look on her face. Maybe he would be a good recruit. Flicking her ears forward, she waited for his answer.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He noted the change in demeanor but remained silent, one single ear flicking at the sound of her chuckle. As she studied him he did the same, eyes scanning over her body. She was smaller than him yes, but she could do damage and the almost predatory way she looked and moved immediately made him recognize her as a tricky opponent. Finally she spoke and her words amused and interested him. She looked at him as a meal? He couldn't lie and say he hadn't considered other wolves, weaker wolves, a good source of food in the winter seasons. "As much meat as I can provide for you two, I think I'd rather hear what you consider to be greater things." He spoke slowly his gaze moving to the smaller female as she moved behind the night wraith, taking on a bored air. "My name is Nikan. May I know yours?" He asked her deciding to stick around and play nice for now.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The shadow grinned at the male, taking one last moment to study him before reverting her gaze to his own. Indeed he might become useful to her and her companion, there was a possiblity they might be able to find a place for him amongst the two. She flicked an ear, violet eyes focused onto him. Nikan. Kelina hesitated for a few seconds more, and then opened her inky jaws to speak. "Pleasure to meet you. I am the Nightstalker, but my name is Kelina." Ultimately it was up to him to decide which of these he wished to use, or something else entirely, though she deemed herself the Nightstalker, just as she had decided Tree was to be titled the Snakebrewer. What Nikan might become was not yet determined.

Her eyes landed on the brown-hued wolfess beside her as if silently wondering what she thought of this male, but she soon turned back and offered a inquiry. "My preposition is that you join us. There is only two of us presently, but with your help we can grow in numbers and strength. What do you say, Nikan?"
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Watching the two converse, she was amused as the wolf's eyes went over her companion. Now that would be an interesting fight. Or pairing. She almost scoffed out loud at that idea. The Nightstalker had had no qualms about using him then tossing him away like a useless carcass. Stretching silently, she blinked slowly as if she was trying to stay awake. She sat back up, her ears flicking towards the purple eyed demon of a wolfess as she spoke. Her voice was smooth, and the woman held back a laugh at her almost politeness. But her face stayed unreadable except for a glint in her eyes, agreement written in them. The cold wind whipped through her fur, and her tail twitched in slight annoyance. She had not spoken, letting the shadow speak, content in keeping her maw shut, as she was not fluent in fake politeness or tact. Watching for signs of an answer, her eyes watched the young wolf closely.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He lifted his chin a little bit as she told of her title. It was suiting for the night cloaked wolfess and her actual name was quite beautiful. He remained silent as Kelina turned to stare at her companion and Nikan assumed that she was a secondary type to the nightstalker's lead. Finally Kelina spoke again and he quirked a brow at the offer she made. 

He hadn't any luck finding Awinita and by this point if she was even here he guessed that she had found a place where many would protect her. It wouldn't be worth it to try and claim her now would it? He could however Ally himself with these women and attempt to make a claim on a good position in whatever pack or group they were trying to form. This was mused over in his mind as he studied them both for a few moments before giving a single nod "I'd be honored to ally myself with you Nightstalker" he finally said.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She resisted the urge to turn slightly to grin back at her tortoiseshell companion, violet eyes remaining sharply on the scarred male before them. Indeed, the gash over his eye had caught her interest, and she peered at it with mild curiousity as if examining the mark before refocusing her stare on his gaze. He took a moment to consider her offer, and then gave a nod accompanied by words that made a feline grin grace her features. "Perfect."

"Do you bring with you any skills that we may find useful?"
It was clear he was both strong and healthy enough to fight, so they would have no qualms there. But still she was intruiged, and very much wishing to make use of any talent he happened to have.
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
The slight raise in his head made her lips subtly twitch in amusement. He was attracted to the demon wolfess. Good luck. As his face grew almost thoughtful, her tail twitched. Patience was not a strong suit of hers, yet she waited, knowing he could be useful to them. Overhead, few clouds hung in the sky as the moon and shadows fought for space on the ground. The eerie calls of a few birds echoed through the air as the wolf took his sweet time. 
As he answered, her eyes flashed with irritation, her ears coming fully forward. She fought back a wave of anger, taking a deep breath. Disrespect. Keeping her face unreadable, she stayed relaxed. She could take care of it later if necessary.
Needing a distraction, she got up and walked to the water's edge. She took a long drink of the icy liquid, aware of his every move.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His new path in these wilds was settled then. He would Ally himself with this Nightstalker woman and her companion, see where that would take him. His eyes didn't move from the dark face of the night cloaked woman but out of their corners he saw the other turn toward the water to drink. It would seem that they both were wary and skeptical of the other though neither of them knew of the other's doubts. 

As Kelina asked his skills he was quick to answer "I can fight and kill without needing reason, nor will I hesitate to do so." he said these morbid words without an ounce of shame, his face going back to a cold sort of casuality.
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
One more post from both of you, then finish up? :) Thanks for the thread!

The night wraith had noticed the irritation seeping from her Snakebrewer, but made no action to point it out or soothe it. For now, her attention was focused on the recruit in front of her. The corners of her dark lips quirked in a small smile and she dipped her head in a slight nod before opening her maw to allow words to fall once more. "In that case, you shall be my Skullchaser until you have shown me what you can do."

And thus, he had gained acceptance from Kelina. If he turned out to be a traitor - then she would deal with him in a way she deemed necessary. If he turned out to be a loyal soldier to add to her army, then she would mold him to be the perfect, deadly killer she desired to follow her commands. 

"We are heading toward the Sunspire Mountains. You may rest until the sunrise, and then we continue onward." With that, she headed toward Tree to listen to her own thoughts on the male.
42 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Lifting her head as he spoke, her face was unreadable as her eyes watched his interaction with the shadow of a wolfess. His lack of remorse piqued her curiosity as a thought flashed through her mind. She wondered how far he would actually go. Strangers, acquaintances, friends, family, mate. Her eyes glinted as she turned her back in the wolf and started walking off after her companion spoke. He might be useful after all..But to what extent? 
She could go after recruits herself. Although the idea brought a sneer to her lips and her muscles rippled in irritation, she knew it might be simpler to do it separately. She'd have to speak to the wolfess about it, although she didn't think it would be a problem.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
He was given a title of his own, one he found the name of to be quite interesting. It sounded like a title for someone who'd be given the job to kill and destroy, a thing he'd found not only he was quite good at but that he enjoyed. He gave a single nod of agreement and his gaze moved to the other female once more before Kelina spoke again. 

With permission to rest he figured he might as well do so, but he'd head a bit of a distance away from this area and then he'd track down Kelina in the morning. Unfortunately for him he wouldn't be doing much resting.