Otter Creek My love, she keeps me warm
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
This is technically for Rivet, though I've kept it open in case anyone wants to interrupt them. ;)

They spent a few days traveling up and over the mountains, taking their time and frolicking in the crags. Amazingly, they didn't fight—not even once. When they began to descend the backside of the peaks, following a spring from ledge to ledge, Turq euphorically led the charge. Every time she saw something delightful—which was approximately every twelve seconds—she pointed it out to Rivet. She also slathered the other she-wolf with sporadic kisses, even when the day grew long and her energy began to flag. She would always have the time and energy to kiss Rivet, she decided.

Paws sore but spirits still high, the twosome arrived in the foothills and parked themselves beside the broad stream that had evolved from the tinkling springs further up the mountain. Turq lapped at the water for about five minutes straight, slaking an enormous thirst, then planted a sopping wet kiss on Rivet's cheek. She then laughingly shoved at her partner with a black forepaw and darted out of reach before Rivet could think of countering (not that the tiny DeMonte could shove her even an inch). Her laughter echoed around them, slowly quieting as dusk descended.

"You know what?" Turq said as she calmed and stared into Rivet's face, her trademark eyes glowing with devotion. "I love you." It was the first time she'd said the words to Rivet and it certainly wouldn't be the last, especially not considering the thrill that raced down the stripe of her backbone. "I love you, Riv," she repeated, smiling foolishly and touching noses with the black sylph.
<small><i>avatar by ash</i></small>
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
i kissed a girl and i liked it
the taste of her cherry chapstick
i kissed a girl just to try it
it felt so wrong
it felt so right
[size=3]i kissed a girl and i liked it[/size]

When they’d made the decision to leave the area that they’d been staying in to travel over the mountain to see what they could find there, Rivet had readily agreed. It was rather surprising that they hadn’t fought since leaving that area to travel, but it wasn’t something Rivet was going to let herself get stuck on wondering why or whatever because that would surely jinx it or something. One thing was absolutely certain… she would never, ever tire of random kisses from her lover. Nor would she ever tire of giving her lover random kisses in return.

Her paws were sore from traveling over the mountain but she didn’t allow it to slow her down much at all, wanting nothing more than to keep up pace with her striking companion. Eagerly, she bound toward the stream when it came into view, going close enough to submerge her sore front paws into the refreshing liquid. The sloppy wet kiss was readily accepted but before she could return it, she received a playful shove that nearly knocked her off her paws purely because she hadn’t been expecting it. She laughed, utterly happy that they had been getting along so well the last few days.

She was ready to shove off and dart after Turq when her lover turned, staring into her eyes. Turq always managed to somehow take Rivet’s breath away, and this moment was no exception. “What?” she answered, giving a slight tilt of her head. What came next thrilled her beyond words. Taking a couple steps forward to close the distance that had been created when Turq had darted out of reach, she not once removed her gaze from that of her lover. “And I love you, Turquoise,” she gladly returned. “With every beat of my heart, and then some.” And she would until the day she (Rivet) died.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Turq did not necessarily expect Rivet to return her sentiment, mostly because she had not thought it through; she didn't even have expectations. When they came, she delighted in them. She pranced from one long black leg to another, black-tipped tail waving jauntily. "That was very eloquent," she observed with an indulgently fond grin, savoring Rivet's poetic words of adoration.

After prancing a few moments, she eventually calmed again and pressed her forehead against Rivet's so that their eyes fastened onto one another. "I adore you," she repeated firmly and sincerely, though the edges of her lips twitched into a smile. Once again, she swiped the other wolf's nose with her tongue, then with an airy laugh, she withdrew slightly to give Rivet back her space.

"Would you like something to eat, my love?" It was the first time she'd referred to Rivet this way, considering she'd only just droped the "L"-word for the first time. Already, she knew it would stick. "I'd be happy to hunt us up some supper. Maybe there's even some fish in this creek," she thought aloud, turquoise eyes sliding sideways to the chuckling rapids.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

After speaking out loud her feelings for her beautiful lover, Rivet realized just how deep her feelings really went. It was nice that she’d been able to voice it out loud finally, though. It felt good to have finally voiced it out loud. Perhaps this was part of why she had been having such insecure problems lately. Not only did voicing it herself leave her feeling better, but her companion having said it first left her heart singing joyously.

“And I you,” she answered, loving the closeness that they were sharing at that moment. She would follow Turq to the ends of the Earth just to be able to stay with her. Before her lover was able to completely withdraw, Rivet allowed her own tongue to slide out and tenderly caress the side of Turq’s muzzle. She felt happy in that moment, like she was walking on cloud nine or something. She was truly on top of the world. What a wonderful feeling it was!

At the question asked, her stomach rumbled as if on cue. Soft laugh easily escaped from her and she gave a nod of her head. “Apparently I am,” she laughed, readily accepting the new nickname from her lover.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Rivet's rumbling stomach answered for her and Turq grinned as her eyes slid sideways from the creek to her partner's face. "Riv's got a rumbly in her tumbly," she teased, then lightly bit down on her tongue as she thought of what sort of dinner to scrounge up for the two of them.

In the spirit of their declarative sentiments, she asked, "What would you prefer, my dear, seafood or a nice leg of buck?" Of course, she was much more likely to take down some rabbits rather than a stag, yet that wouldn't sound nearly as grand or romantic. And, right now, she would do anything—including singlehandedly felling a buck—for Rivet DeMonte.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Rivet playfully stuck her tongue out at the teasing from her girlfriend. “Yep, sure do,” she replied with a nod, dipping her head down toward the stream. Using her nose, she splashed water upward toward her lover and then pranced backward, out of the water. Even though she was a little tired and her paws a little sore, she really was in such a fantastic mood.

A thoughtful look danced upon her face as she thought of which she would prefer; fish or deer. She, herself, wasn’t terribly in the mood for hunting and would not ask her lover to take down a deer by herself. “Seafood sounds good,” she finally answered, moving back toward the edge of the stream. “Followed by some Turq for desert…” Oh naughty!

121 Posts
Ooc —
I'm sitting out on my porch while writing this, listening to the crickets and cicadas. Lovely summer night... OMG TYLER JUST APPEARED OUT OF THE NIGHT AND SCARED THE BEJEEZUS OUTTA ME. *clutches heart*

When Rivet answered, Turq flashed her a devilish grin, then refocused her attention upon the creek. The waters were calm here, though she could hear rapids further downstream. She pondered what this might mean for her chances, then decided she wouldn't find out until she gave it a try. "Here goes nothing," she said to Rivet, casting her lover another impish grin before she perched on the water's edge and craned her neck close to the water's calmly rippling surface.

"Here, fishy, fishy, fishy," Turquoise muttered quietly under her breath, clicking her tongue as her smudged snout hovered just an inch from the water, her turquoise eyes plumbing the depths. She thought she saw movement, so she shifted her tawny bulk and crooked a blackened foreleg as if ready to strike.

She hovered like that for several long moments, then saw a shadow flicking nearer. It took on the general contours of a fish, so Turquoise readied to scoop her dark paw into the water and fling it onto the bank once it came within reach. She leaned as far forward as she dared, teetering precariously on three legs while the fourth dangled there like a waiting hook, itching and quivering with anticipation...

In the next moment, Turquoise was struggling to roll over, sputtering as she lifted her anterior end out of the shallows where she'd tipped forward and fallen. Shaking water out of her ears, which fell back, she glanced toward Rivet. She thought she saw laughter in her partner's eyes and, despite the loving words exchanged just moments before, she did not laugh along. Instead, she felt a blitz of irritation. Unaware that her exhaustion was making her cranky, she picked herself up, shook her golden pelt and slogged onshore, stamping her feet more roughly than was really necessary and making a gruff, wordless sound in the back of her throat.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Rivet remained standing on the edge of the stream, ready to help if it was needed, though she had the utmost faith in her girlfriend to not need help. Mismatched eyes shifted back and forth from her lover to the water that she was “hunting” in. Although she could do her share of fishing, it wasn’t something that Rivet was very good at. Turq was far better at it than she was. Rivet was better at chasing down small prey and catching it than she was at fishing.

A sound behind her caught her attention, causing her to look away from both the stream and her lover to scan the area with her attentive gaze. But the sound of splashing quickly yanked her attention back to the stream. Mismatched eyes fell upon her girlfriend struggling in the water but just as she began to move forward to go help Turq, the other female lifted herself. There was no laughter on her face, though. Just pure concern. At the sight of the glare, though, her ears slicked backward and she took a couple steps backward.

“Are you okay?” came out with a soft whine.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Rivet's soft question cooled the heat of her anger and embarrassment, though when Turquoise looked down at her leg and spotted a leech clinging to it, all hell broke loose. She shook her stockinged appendage furiously, trying to dislodge the vile, slimy creature. When that didn't do anything, she buckled forward and tried to wipe it off on the grass. This managed to tear it loose for the most part, though it still clung. Finally, Turquoise nipped at it—while making a noise somewhere between a screech and a wail—ripping it off her leg and throwing it as far from herself as she could manage.

Breathing heavily, Turq climbed back to her feet and inspected her leg. She couldn't see any marks. Her turquoise eyes then flicked up to see Rivet watching her. "I'm fine now," she snapped. "Don't just stand there. There's no way in hell I'm getting back in the water if things like that are crawling around in there," she spat, eyes roving in the direction the leech had been flung. "We need to figure out a new supper plan," she groused, thumping belligerently onto her tawny haunches and glaring just past Rivet's shoulder for a second before inspecting herself for more possible bloodsuckers.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Mismatched eyes followed the gaze of her lover down to Turq’s leg. A look of sheer mortification instantly hit Rivet’s face as her gaze landed on the leech on Turq’s leg. In that moment, she was reminded why she wasn’t much of a fan of going into the water. Also in that moment, it hit her that she had been standing in the water just moments prior and immediately began to frantically search her own paws that had been submerged in the stream. She was very, very relieved to not find a single one of the water vampires stuck on her anywhere.

Her ears slicked back against her head when her girlfriend snapped at her, shooting her a bit of a nasty look. It almost felt as though Turq was blaming her for not only having slipped in the water but for ending up with a leech on her as well. That didn’t sit all that well with Rivet in the least. If she’d have known those things were in there, she wouldn’t have chosen fish for their meal because she surely would not have sent Turq into the water to let those nasty things latch onto her.

Giving a snort and a shake of her head, Rivet began to turn away from Turq. “I’m not hungry anymore,” she snapped back and began to storm away, clearly pissed off that she felt like she was being blamed.

121 Posts
Ooc —
It really pushed Turq's buttons even more when Rivet suddenly switched gears, transforming from concerned lover to angry bitch (or that's how it felt to Turquoise) and petulantly declaring that she wasn't hungry anymore. The large Blackthorn tried to think of some smart retort to hurl back at Rivet, yet before she could come up with something, the sylph began to storm away. More incensed than ever, Turquoise snarled under her breath and launched after her, leaping in front of her to block her path.

"Don't you walk away from me!" she screamed in Rivet's face. "How dare you," she added a bit inanely, her voice lowering somewhat but still breathy with fury. She looked just like an angry racehorse raging at a starting gate. She even pawed the earth impatiently. "If you walk away from me, you can consider yourself single," she finished icily, glaring daggers.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Her lip curled upward in a warning snarl the moment her path away from the stream was blocked by the larger of the two females. Everything had been going so well between them the last few days while they’d been traveling. Not even so much as a misunderstanding of words. And now this. The ultimatum being thrown at her brought fury to the surface, enough to cause her body to quiver with rising anger. It wasn’t very often that she, herself, lost her temper but when she did, it wasn’t pretty in the least.

“Since when is it perfectly acceptable for you to walk away from me to have time to cool off and it’s not okay for me to do the same, Turquoise Blackthorn?” she growled, swishing the end of her tail in growing irritation. “How many times have you walked away from me, Turquoise? Because I lost count. I can tell you how many times I have been the one to walk away to cool off. Hell, I can count them on one paw even. So tell me, how is that even remotely fair?” Because she knew full well that it was not fair in the least.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Rivet made a good argument, though Turquoise would never acknowledge it in her current temper. "At least I tell you that's what I'm doing!" she roared back, the words sounding whiny despite her deep voice. "I walk away before I lose my temper," she argued, which wasn't true in all cases, "for your own good. I don't just—" She gesticulated with wordless anger. "I don't just storm off without a word. I at least tell why I'm leaving and promise I'll be back."

Just like that, the wind of anger seemed to suddenly blow itself out and, like billowing sails that lost their air, Turquoise deflated. "You were walking out on me, weren't you?" she accused in a small, pinched voice. "If I hadn't jumped in your way, would I have ever seen you again?" she added, revealing her deep insecurity, which was intensely hypocritical in ways and incredibly disproportionate in others.

She waved a stockinged leg now. "Fine, go. Leave me, the giant bitch," she said sullenly, pitifully, stepping aside presumably to let Rivet go.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
I freaking love these two <3

it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Rivet remained completely silent while her girlfriend said everything she had to say. Though her anger did diminish a little, it didn’t completely go away. It wasn’t very often that Rivet got angry enough to need to walk away for a little while. Her hot-tempered redhead in front of her was almost always the one losing her temper and storming away. It just seemed really hypocritical of Turq to throw the “consider yourself single” thing at her when Rivet had never, ever done such a thing to her and was always the one left wondering if and when Turq would be returning. Those words hurt almost as much as when Turq had shouted at her that she needed her space.

Her frown deepened as she stood there, staring at Turquois. “Is that really what you think?” she asked, still quite angry at the moment. “That I would tell you I love you with all my heart and then leave, not coming back?” She gave a snort and harsh shake of her head. “And yes, you have stormed off without a word as to why.” A disgruntled growl escaped from her as she gave another shake of her head. “I was walking away because it seemed like you were blaming me for your having fallen into the water and for the disgusting blood sucking leech that had attached itself to your leg.”

121 Posts
Ooc —
I enjoy their dynamic as well. Turq actually strikes me as a cross of Mo and Firefly. :P

"Yes," Turquoise seethed unthinkingly, giving Rivet absolutely none of the credit she deserved. Rivet seemed almost amused now. While Turq tried to decide whether to be infuriated or reassured by this development, the sylph explained her reasoning for trying to walk away. Turq's jaws parted to protest, yet no sound escaped her.

Finally, she gritted her teeth. "I got mad because I thought you were laughing at me," she said in a hard, quiet voice. "I was trying to get you dinner and—and I fucked it up royale, okay? Then I thought I saw you laughing at me..." She rolled her shoulders as if trying to work out some tension, her tail switching like a cat's. For some reason, she couldn't bring herself to meet Rivet's eyes.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

At the sound of Turq’s single worded answer, Rivet almost did just walk on. How could the other female even think such a thing of her? Rivet hadn’t been the one that had shouted at the other about needing space. Rivet had given Turq her space, had not gone chasing after her like she had so badly wanted to do in the first place. And Rivet had readily accepted her apology and eagerly taken her back, letting Turq be a part of her life. She hadn’t had to do these things, but she did because she was very much in love with Turquoise Blackthorn and, as far as she was concerned, always would be. “That hurts…” she finally managed to force out between grit teeth.

“I hadn’t even been looking your direction when you slipped,” she replied with a sigh. “I had heard something behind us and had turned my head to see what it was. If I would have been laughing at you, you would have heard it along with saw it.” She was so upset, so hurt, by this at the moment. Though a part of her still wanted to go walk it off, she remained standing where she was.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Turquoise said nothing when Rivet told her that her words hurt. She almost shrugged, then thought better of it. Right now, she was still too upset and self-involved to sympathize with Rivet's pain. Later, she would doubtlessly feel guilty for her behavior and seek her lover's forgiveness.

Turq could hear the resignation in the DeMonte's voice now, which set off little warning bells in the back of her mind. Suddenly, she blurted, "Why do you love me, if I'm such a bitch?" Of course, Rivet had never called her that; she had called herself that. Yet Rivet hadn't disagreed, had she? "If I'm such a fuck-up," she muttered, glaring at her own black feet.

She truly believed these things about herself just now, yet at the same time, she was expecting Rivet to reassure her. She wanted Rivet to make her feel better, though it should've been the other way around. Without realizing it, Turquoise was exhibiting classically abusive, manipulative behavior.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

It was of little surprise that this entire argument seemed to turn into a thing revolving around all about Turquoise. That seemed to happen every time they had an argument, yet this was one of very that Rivet had wanted to walk away so that she could cool off and it turned into what was happening now. More than anything, Rivet found herself wanting to let out a defeated sigh and flop to the ground. But she didn’t. Instead, she remained standing where she was trying to fight away the growing frustration within herself.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” she responded with a defeated sigh. “When have I ever called you a bitch? When have I ever said you were a fuck-up? Are you fucking kidding me?” How in the hell did this turn into a case of Rivet having to be the one to reassure Turq?! And yet, Rivet wasn’t entirely surprised, either, because their fights did tend to go that way. But through it all, Rivet stayed with Turq because she loved her more than life itself.

“I’m sorry…” she finally said, lowering her head, dropping her gaze to the ground at her own paws.

121 Posts
Ooc —
So... Turq is genuinely a piece of crap. :o

Rivet made yet another valid point, yet Turquoise remained blind to the sound logic of it. "Just because you don't say it doesn't mean you don't think it," she argued. "I know you must think it. You're probably thinking all sorts of shit about me right now," which might have been the truth—not to mention well-deserved at this point.

"I don't know..." she said slowly when Rivet apologized. She meant to say, I don't know if I trust it. Maybe Rivet was just saying the words because she was sick of fighting and would say anything to end it. Turq knew she must secretly be thinking vicious thoughts about her. The idea made her insides burn with anger and another feeling she couldn't quite name (shame).

Her teeth clenched so tightly that she heard two canines scrape together. She worked her jaw, trying to relax some of the tension, even as she looked at Rivet, whose eyes remained fastened on the ground. Guilt began to lick at her belly now. Somewhere deep down, Turq knew that she was not only completely wrong but totally to blame for how this had all shaken out. Right now, though, she obstinately clung to her misplaced sense of justification.

Heaving a lusty sigh, Turq said, "Look, let's just forget it, I guess," in a tone of voice that passively-aggressively suggested that she would not be forgetting it any time soon. "What do you want to do for dinner now? I'm still starving. I don't really have the energy to hunt or fish or whatever. Wanna just find some freakin' carrion or something?"
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
lol I love it <3 I love Turq! And I love their fucked up relationship <3

it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Rivet remained silent while Turq continued with what she had to say. It floored the ebony colored female that Turq would say some of the things she was saying, acting as if she were suddenly some amazing mind reader and could read every single though Rivet might or might not be having. One thing was certain, though, and that was that Rivet was not thinking all sorts of shit about her girlfriend. Granted, she did want this fight to be over, to end, but she wasn’t thinking mean things about the woman she loved.

Turq’s words when Rivet apologized (though she shouldn’t have had to be the one to apologize in the first place) caused her to sink her head just a little lower than it already was and her ears slicked back against her head. If Turquoise was the abuser, then that meant Rivet was the abused with Stockholm syndrome because she was very much in love with Turq and didn’t want to ever be without her. Kind of sad, really, but Rivet really didn’t want to be apart from Turq. Ever.

“Okay,” was all she said in response to her lover’s questioning in regards to finding something to eat. Rivet knew full well that she wasn’t going to be allowed to go take a much needed walk like she’d been trying to do, so she was resigned to just go with the flow.

121 Posts
Ooc —
All the fight had gone out of Rivet. She agreed to look for some carrion, her acquiescence sending a bolt of irritated fury through Turquoise. There was just no pleasing the Blackthorn tonight. Her lip lifted and she snorted, quietly wishing that Rivet would quit moping around and go fetch some food. Turq had tried, at least, and failed. Wasn't it Rivet's turn now?

Instead of giving voice to these sulky inner questions, Turquoise began to walk alongside the creek. "Well, c'mon," she said gruffly to her partner. Her stomach snarled loudly and she winced angrily, disliking the sensation of hunger gnawing at her innards. It made her temper all the shorter and harder to control. If only she got something to eat, then she might be able to lay off Rivet...
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

All the fight had gone out of her because, at that point, it was useless. Turquoise would, as usual, win, get her way, leaving Rivet feeling like everything was entirely her fault, as always. In days to come, Rivet would do whatever she could to redeem herself, to make everything all better again, even if it wasn’t her fault. It was now going to be a matter of figuring out how to smooth things over again.

Following behind her lover, she lifted her gaze just enough to be able to scan around them, searching for something easy to prey upon and ease the grumbling in Turq’s stomach since she, herself, had lost her appetite. She would probably eat a little bit of whatever they found, depending on how much there was of it, but would leave the vast majority of it to the larger woman to consume.

The smell of death caught her attention and she veered slightly away from Turq, though not too far as to end up in even more trouble than she was already in. The smell of fresh blood caused her to flare her nostrils. Whatever it was hadn’t been dead for very long. “Over here,” she called out to Turq, glancing over her shoulder in the direction of her lover. She would wait for confirmation from the larger female that she was coming before heading in the direction the carcass was in.

Hidden in a small set of bushes (though not very well hidden, mind you) was what remained of a porcupine. It was freshly enough dead that there was still a little bit of blood trickling from it. From the scent around it, the beast that had killed it had been a cougar. This put Rivet on high alert, searching around for the great cat, but there seemed to be no sign of it. At least for the moment, anyway, the beast was absent from its meal.

121 Posts
Ooc —
Although the hunger continued to chafe at her stomach, the anger began to seep out of Turquoise as they walked along the creek. Exhaustion took its place, as well as the beginnings of guilt. She shot Rivet several sideways glances, her gem-like gaze softening each time. How could she have spoken to Rivet like that, treated her that way? Within ten minutes, Turquoise loathed herself.

"Riv," she said even as Rivet said, "Over here." Turq let out a breath and followed her partner away from the creek and into the brush. They soon came across a slain porcupine lying on the ground, its wounds still weeping. The scent of cougar hung thick on the air and, like Rivet, it made Turquoise extremely wary.

"Why did it leave its kill here? Maybe it couldn't deal with the quills?" Turquoise muttered wonderingly, eyes darting around as she lifted her smudged muzzle to sniff the air. Her tail flicked, stiff as a poker, and her ears quivered, straining to hear the big cat's soft footfalls should they come this way. "Let's grab it and get out of here, Riv," she said under her breath, exchanging a look with her lover and motioning for Rivet to pick up the carcass.

Once they cleared the brush and returned to the stream, Turquoise broke into a trot to put distance between themselves and the place where they'd found the dead porcupine. When she felt reasonably safe, Turq then spun around on a stockinged heel to face Rivet. The sylph's mouth was currently carefully stuffed with the carcass, so it was the perfect opportunity for Turq to speak.

"I'm sorry I'm a giant bitch and that you have to deal with me when I get in my moods," she began. "I don't know why I get like that. I'm sorry, Riv. Do you forgive me?" She frowned, sincerely worried about whether Rivet would forgive her at all, not to mention this quickly. "Please forgive me, love," she pleaded in a softly beseeching voice.
70 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
it felt so wrong
it felt so right

Wondering the same thing, she didn’t object to being the one to have to pick up the porcupine carcass and carry it. Doing so, she hurried along behind Turquoise as the larger female led the way away from where Rivet had found the dead and partially eaten beast. It wasn’t the lightest thing in the world, though it wasn’t the heaviest, either. It was, however, very awkward and she did end up with a quill or two jabbing her nose no matter how careful she tried to be with carrying it. This was very uncomfortable, but if her being the one to carry it would appease her lover, then so be it. She was, after all, wanting to do whatever it took to get the other female to stop being pissed off at her.

She very nearly ran into Turquoise when the larger female suddenly stopped and wheeled around to face Rivet, but she managed to stop without them colliding. Before she was able to drop the carcass for her companion, the other female began to speak. So Rivet remained holding onto the carcass for the time being. Rivet was obviously silent while Turquoise began to apologize. It wasn’t really a surprise, but yet it was because she hadn’t expected Turquoise to be apologizing this soon after their fight. But she wasn’t going to complain about it.

Taking a step toward her lover, she lowered her head toward the ground to deposit the carcass at Turquoise’s paws. Lifting her head, she allowed her gaze to meet that of her lover’s. “Of course I forgive you,” she replied, her voice laced with sincerity. Of course she forgave Turquoise. She always forgave her lover. It was because she was very much in love with her companion. “I love you. So very much.”

121 Posts
Ooc —
Relief flooded through her when Rivet forgave her, yet that wasn't to say that the guilt immediately disappeared. "I love you too, Riv. I don't know why I do this," she said, gesticulating almost angrily with a stockinged paw. "Why I get in moods and treat you like such crap. I'm really sorry. I'll try to stop," she promised, which was all Turq could think to do at this point.

Lowering her smudged muzzle, she nosed the porcupine back toward Rivet's paws. "You eat it," she said softly. "I'll take whatever you don't want." Turquoise sucked in a deep breath. She was hungry—ravenous, actually—but she wouldn't let this continue to be an excuse to verbally abuse Rivet. "I'm going to get a drink and maybe see if I can't try catching a fish again," she added, turning back toward the stream.

True to her word, she took a long, cooling drink—it helped dull her hunger pains and clear her head a bit—and then crouched on the bank again, trying to remain patient as she waited for something to swim by.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »