Sea Lion Shores Onyx, and the Island [IC Joining]
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
(I know I probably sound stupid, but haven't dealt with role-playing on threads. Is this just a role-play where I meet you on the island? I'm going to role-play her coming to the island, but I'm not going farther until I figure out.)

Onyx breathed in the scent of ocean water. The waves came quietly on the shore, just touching her tiny paws. She loved watching the seagulls fly in circles over the beach. She gave a small gasp as she sunk a little ways into the wet sand. She shook it off her paws and stepped into the ocean. She'd always been okay at swimming, and she thought she could maybe make it to the pretty island far away. She'd living on weak seagulls that couldn't get away fast enough since her mother died when she was four months. She had had some trouble with seagulls trying to attack her, so she'd learned to stay away from them, except for the weak. Now she was eight months, and she'd been longing to go to the beautiful island for a while. She waded through the water till it was too deep and she had to swim.

It had been morning when she'd left, now the sun was at its highest point, midday.
She was nearing the shore of the beautiful isle. She finally began to wade and then stepped on to warm wet sand. She shook the sand from the water out of her fur, but the shaking made her fur look puffy. She turned in a circle, observing the island she'd been waiting for for half her short life.

(I hope this is good enough?)
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
:D Hi! I hope you dont mind if I join?

Silvermane was laying on the shore - almost falling asleep from the warm sunlight - as he was trying to rest, the entire night he was awake, fighting insomnia and chasing rabbits. He felt tired, for sure, and also a sense of boredom. He was persuaded to join his friend Majesty's pack, but that had its cons. He could not find activities to do, so long as he was still awaiting to earn a trade. The warm sunlight which was setting on his large mantle of fur reflected, making his coating look like it was silver, (hence his name). He watched the waves slowly crash into the shore, making a soothing sound that almost drove Silvermane to sleep

But just as his eyes were slowly closing, a scent arrived to his nose... It was that of a wolf, for sure, and with that Silvermane's bright, golden eyes shot open. He could finally begin practicing as a warden, a trade he was expected to follow. He immediatly felt a rush, and stood up on his all fours, sand bristling on the side of his beautiful coat. He shook it off his large form, as he was annoyed by its presence, and headed onwards, following the scent that would lead him towards the trespasser.

It was after some minutes did he finally spot the trespasser, and with that he stopped in his tracks. Yet it was nothing like he had expected. Instead of some savage wolf, it was a young wolf, that he could identify from the distance he was from. He noticed from the eyes that it was a female, and nodded slowly. "Hello?" he called lightly, not wanting to sound threatening as he slowly approached "Is everything alright?" The wolf did not look hurt, but Silvermane was worried that she might have been looking for someone... But then again, this wolf was not a pup, perhaps it has abandoned its parents?

(Nope, your post is just perfect!)
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
(okay, thanks.)

Onyx glanced up in surprise at the voice from behind her. Farther down the shore stood the tallest wolf Onyx had ever seen. He was pure white with a think mane of fur on his neck and the back of his head. She stared, stunned at the huge wolf. She thought he might hurt her, or be mad at her, or kill her. She didn't notice when he asked if she was okay. She backed up, her ears flat to her head, her tail between her legs. Then she whipped around and sped as fast as her little paws could carry her in unknown directions through the woods. She finally lay under a tree, catching her breath. Surely she was so deep that the huge wolf couldn't find her now. Now what? What to hunt here? And the best places for dens? Onyx began to think and wonder what her new lifestyle might be like.
Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Gonna call in @Majesty for this ._.

Silvermane sighed as the small wolf ran off, he would never make for a good parent if he was this threatening. Perhaps he should call Majesty, a much more friendlier wolf... Why was he always potrayed as the big bad wolf? Yes, he was a large wolf, but did he really look that dangerous? He should not deal with these types of things, as they did not suit someone like him...

"Majesty!" he howled in the air, hoping to call his alpha - which was much more fluffier than Silvermane - to take care of the situation, as Silvermane never actually knew how to deal with this...
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx got up from the cover under the tree, and began to walk through the thick forest. After the run from the beach the sand had been stuck between her toes. She shook her paws, hoping to get most of the sand out. She soon heard a long howl from somewhere down by the shores. Onyx started to worry a little. She soon found a small clearing of trees. She laid down in the soft grass and dozed off quickly.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Mind If I powerplay a little bit? If not I will edit it out. BTW Silvermane is picking her up from the neck... not biting her neck off XD

Silvermane did not hear a response, and so felt that his duty was to take this pup and bring it to the Alpha... He could not ignore that! He threw back his head and sniffed, scents arriving as quickly as they could. A rabbit was close by, shame, if he had not to deal with this, he could have taken it down... A seagull just fed its young.. and then, came that canine scent that he recognized as hers. No-way was he just going to leave her on this island, Silvermane knew that she would not last long, hiding.

And with that, did he kick off, following the smell. He knew it would only take him some minutes until he could arrive to the cub, and take her to the Alpha. He did not want so seem threatening, but she left him no other choice. Why could she not realize that I am trying to help her!? he thought, as he was speeding across the land. He might be big, but he sure is fast, a wolf just made perfectly to be a hunter.

But, as he came into a clearing of trees -where the young pup slept - he took no hesitation, he walked silently towards the figure, and before she could wake up - he quickly nabbed her lightly at the neck and -with his muzzle - raised her up by the neck. His mother did this to bring him around when he was becoming annoying, and this juvenile was annoying indeed. It did not usually hurt the pup like this, since the skin of their necks are usually very long, like a cat...
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx woke up suddenly, in the jaws of of something. Craning around to see, she noticed it was the white wolf from the beach before. "What are you doing?!" She said nervously. She was afraid of most wolves because the only wolf she knew was her mother, who had died of a disease. She struggled, but gave up. She couldn't escape his grasp. She went limp in his jaws, hoping he was as kind as her mother.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
He had to hold back from laughing as the little pup squealed, it was not that he was cruel, but that it sounded fairly funny. As she spoke, he could only talk a bit jumbled through his closed muzzle "Dont worry" he tried to say, "Im helping you..." he said, or atleast trying is what he actually thought as he made way back towards the shore.

As they arrived to the shore once again, he set her down for a second, and spoke softly, hoping not to scare her another time. "Listen... Im sorry for scaring you, but you need to be abit careful. I will bring you to my pack, so that you may speak to my Alpha... whos much more fluffy than me." he said, looking at the pup, wondering if she listened through all he said, or even understood it. "Do you want to be taken care of!?" he said
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx was glad as she was dropped off, but surprised to be spoken to. She widened her eyes as he said something about a pack and an alpha. When he asked if she wanted to be taken care of, she nodded quickly. She missed being with her mom, and it was hard to survive on her own. The wolf hadn't hurt her, so maybe he wasn't so bad after all. She just hoped the other wolves weren't mean, and she hoped they didn't hurt her. Her mom had briefly explained packs. She'd talked about how a group of wolves lives together like a big family, and how they had ranks like alphas and betas. She had said that some packs were cruel while others were friendly. Hopefully this was the friendly kind. Onyx had no idea that a pack inhabited this island.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
OMG you guys I'm so sorry for the late response! >.< I started a summer college class and I've been soooo busy! Sooo... I've decided to implement my lateness into my post. Poor Majesty.

Majesty was resting on the shore of the island, one not facing the mainland. It was around midday, and he was simply lounging. He'd already done all of the things he needed to do that day - hunt, renew the border markings, take his daily run. Now he was sleepy and the sun was warm, so he had decided to take a nap on the sand, listening to the seagulls. His eyes were just beginning to feel droopy when he heard the sound of Silvermane calling for him from the mainland side of the island.

Immediately, he was up, the sleepiness gone from his body. He began to run towards the direction the howl, and then a cramp shot up his back right leg. He tumbled into the sand and lay there for a moment, wondering what had just happened, and when he stood back up, his leg gave a painful twinge. Great, he thought to himself. I've overworked my legs, I suppose. I hope Silvermane isn't in trouble.

He made his way ever-so-slowly towards the Gamma, and as he neared him, he picked up another scent. A wolf - a female wolf, though she smelled young. A pup. What was a pup doing on the Isle? All by herself? Majesty quickened his pace and suddenly saw them sitting together on the shore. "Silvermane!" he called out. "What is going on?" He continued to limp forward. "I am sorry I am late, friend. My leg decided to cramp up on me." He grinned, and then asked, "And who is this little girl?"
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Its ok, Tell me if im powerplaying too much. Oh and also, to have this wierd small text do [ooc.] *what you want to say* [/ooc.] remember the remove the dots and stars!

Silvermane was happy she was ok with joining the pack... He was fairly worried about the puppy, as he remembered himself when he was a juvenile himself. He looked down at the wolf, and smiled. "Im guessing since you were good enough to swim to the island that I can trust you to follow me... alright?" he said, noticing her instant relief at being placed back down on earth. "Did your parents ever tell you about wolf packs? he asked, hoping she was not unfamiliar with these things.

Finally just as he was asking, a large chocolate wolf entered his vision. took some damn time he thought, as his friend and Alpha - Majesty - came towards him. Luckily, Silvermane's annoyance quickly dispersed as he saw Majesty's limp. "Are you alright?" he asked the Alpha first. Worried that he might be in a worse situation than Silvermane.

As the Alpha asked about the young girl, he responded lightly. "I found her on the shore of our island...She was alone, and I guessed that the best thing to do was bring her to you before harm should befall her" he said, knowing very well how kind Majesty was. He looked at the girl, and tried sounding as polite as possible. "Please, tell Majesty your name".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
I hope I'm doing this right.

Onyx remembered how her mom, Raven, had told her all about the packs and their ranks, personalities, and protectiveness. Her mom also mentioned that packs were always fussing over borders and territories. "Yes." she answered to the tall wolf. She suddenly heard another set of paw steps approaching. She whipped around and stared at the tall chocolate brown wolf. Her ears flattened at the sight of another wolf. The wolves had a conversation for a minute that she didn't listen to. Then the white wolf turned toward her. "Please, tell Majesty your name." He said. She guessed that Majesty was the brown wolf. "Onyx." She said, her quiet voice fading into almost a whisper.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Yep! You did it right!

Majesty smiled kindly down at the pup. "Hello, Onyx," he said quietly, so as not to scare her. "I am Majesty, which you probably already guessed." He gave a light chuckle. "I am the Alpha of this pack. How did you get here, little one? Did you swim all the way here? You're very brave if you did."

He sat down and looked over at Silvermane, and then back at the pup. "Were you, perhaps, thinking of joining us? Where is your birth pack? You look too young to be on you own." The pup's appearance bothered him. He was worried for her, but also worried that some angry mother wolf was going to come storming onto the island, demanding to have her pup back and making a scene. He had to know why the pup was there before he went forward with any sort of plan.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Silvermane was looking at Majesty has he talked to the pup, good thing that Majesty found them, because Silvermane had no clue whatsoever of handling with children. He guessed that trait would just appear when he had children himself, but that was proven wrong by Majesty.

There was not a lot to say, so he just sat back on his haunches and waited. The sun letting out its beautiful warmth on his silver back. He liked the sun, especially when he was nervous, when he would just lay on his back for hours
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
darn it, i really liked our names in green. How do you do bold or italics?

Onyx was shocked when Majesty said she was brave for swimming there. It was obvious he had authority by the way he stood, with his head held high. And Raven had always told her that compliments from someone with authority was always good. Majesty continued to talk. Joining? Birth Pack? She thought in surprise. She understood when he said she was too young to be alone. "Well.." she said quietly, "My mom, Raven, is not here right now. And what do you mean joining?"
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Lol. It seems everyone liked our names better in green. (Don't get mad at me - I'm not the one who changed the color. Also, you do Italics by typing a word/words and then hilighting them and pressing the little I in the top left-hand corner of the reply box. You can also click it once, type the word, and then click it again after you're done typing the word and it'll also italicize it that way. Same thing for Bold.

Majesty suddenly had a very good idea of what was going on, though he hoped to the gods it wasn't true. Still, he had to ask. He had to be sure. "Do you mean..." he began hesitantly. "Do you mean your mother is... dead?" He shook his head. "I promise I won't talk about it or ask you questions about it if she is. I just need to fully understand why you're here and not with a guardian. Have you no one else to look after you?"

If the mother was dead, then it was a sad day, indeed. But Majesty swore to himself he would instantly take her in if that was the case. He was not going to leave a pup out in the wilderness to die. He looked upon her with kind amber eyes, willing her to answer, though he didn't want to push her too hard.
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
I like it in gold. BTW, sorry for my short posts, I'm on my phone and there's nothing Silvermane can really do.
Silvermane stood still, and was quiet, as he did not want to interrupt the conversation that was going on. Yet many thoughts still lingered in his head. who was going to take care of her? Did I do something wrong? What will I have for dinner? and many more questions floated in his mind. Some not as wondering as others.

His mind was not quiet, and surely not as peaceful in ever. He felt several aching questions gnaw at his brain, and all of them where just as eager to be answered. Silvermane gritted his teeth, or atleast would have, if he could.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx glanced up at the question, and flashed back to when her mother was dying for sure.

"Onyx..." Her voice cracked. "I need you to survive. You have to be responsible now. You need to hunt, and stay away from any other wolves unless you're about to die yourself. I love you. I know this is the end for me. I love you." Her voice had faded near the end and the light in her eyes had been dull. Her eyelids had fallen and her chest had gone still. The only wolf Onyx had known in her life had died in front of her, not to mention it was her mother.

Onyx nodded. "But she still is alive in my heart." Onyx sighed. She stared at the chocolate wolf and wondered what questions were next.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
So I just realized that technically Onyx is a Juvenile, not a puppy, so I'll change that on the Rank Shuffles Page. and on the thing above your name.

Majesty sighed with sadness as the young wolf gave a nod that, yes, her mother was dead. At least now he knew for sure. "I am sorry," he said quietly, bowing his head for a moment. Then he looked up at her again. "You are welcome to join my pack, little one. You are probably too young now to know what trades you want, but later on I will ask you what skills you can provide for the pack. For now, get your strength up. Get some rest, some water, some food. Welcome to the pack."

He stood, dipped his head to Onyx, and then to Silvermane, and said, "You may take from our cache so that you do not have to hunt if you don't want to. I look forward to seeing you grow as time goes on." With one last smile, he was gone.

Exit Majesty. Feel free to reply to this, but I'm going to request to have it archived.