Totoka River (IC joining) knights and kings and beasts and shit
6 Posts
Ooc — Rush
IC joining, all from WGI welcome.

First light filtered through the emerald leaves of the River's nearby trees, striking eyes of the same color as they squinted against the sun. He had always thrived among the trees of the forest, so how he found himself here left little mystery. It had been a risk, relocating to an isle harboring unknown prey, but the Wilds had favored him so far and the once-king decided to push his luck further. The gamesman would never grow his skill without different beasts to hunt, or fish as it appeared. The challenge appealed to his competitive drive, but the landscape was foreign and he would need to study it a while.

Nevertheless, the weary hunter was content enough to have found his current nest in the cool grass, a watcher's distance from the River, with the dew still clinging in beads to the early morning earth. Wet rock, moss, and mud filled his great lungs, and he heaved a steady breath into the serene seclusion he found himself in. The wind kicked up again, though there would have been a better breeze near the busy shoreline. It was the only bit of relief from the already warm day, and the hunter lifted his head to thrust a pointed nose through the breeze that leaked between the gatherings of trees near the River.

A strange scent brought the reflective predator to his feet, as rusty hackles bristled with excitement. Sweet, warm smells of earth and grass baking in the early sunlight filled his nose, and he sneezed them away to pinpoint the scent that attacked his senses. Drawing in another hefty breath, charcoal nose fluttering and working hard, green eyes rushed open and pupils shrunk as the clarity fell atop his racing mind. That was wolf stench, not quite border markings, but it was too close for comfort. Had he been that tired and wreck less that the hunter, distracted, had bunked down in known territory? Gathering his wits and senses, the black backed ginger wolf prepared a sort of mental toolbelt, before thawing his lanky body to move. It had been some time since he'd been in the company of others, but the brute of few words was determined to seek out the Isle dwellers nearby before they retrieved his head for trespassing.

Taking a final deep breath in, what started as a low rumble in his chest, rose through great pipes and crooned through the fresh new air. Strong and steady, though not long enough to merit a leader's summoning, Dagger kept his howling brief in declaring his presence and seeking out others. Now he waited, deciding to stay put near the River. No sense in a high speed chase, he would face the natives and state his business, if all went well. As his call died down to a whisper, Dagger shook his mighty body, ridding his fur of debris and calming himself. Issuing a massive yawn, the early morning light grew longer and bathed his slowly pacing body in gold. It was going to be hot.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
I'm going to assume that you're actually on the Isle, but near the edge by the area where the Totoka River goes into the sea. If this is incorrect, feel free to tell me and I'll change it.

Majesty awoke with first light that morning. He was hungry, so he got up, stretched, and went to hunt for a rabbit. The sun filtered through the trees, and he could already tell that it was going to be hot. He made his way through the forest, sniffing around the underbrush for signs of prey. As he got closer to the southeast corner of the island, he picked up on a scent that definitely wasn't prey. It was the smell of a male wolf, one that was not a member of his pack.

Suddenly, Majesty was on alert, though he kept his instincts at bay. If there was a wolf wandering his Isle without permission, he was sure there was a good reason for it, and he was determined to find out what it was before he made a move to attack the male. But before he did anything, he called out for @Silvermane, and @Beric whom he knew wanted to become Wardens. Just in case things got ugly, he wanted backup, though he would be sure to make it clear that the intruder would only be attack with good reason. He did not see the point in spilling blood if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Beric had been roaming the island, marking his scent wherever he could. There had been no trespassers so far, of which he was glad. Still, work was a little boring, and he could use some excitement. He thought about going to the mainland, but it seemed some excitement was already underway on their very own little island. A howl rang out, seeking someone out. He only had a moment to think about meeting the stranger when Majesty's call rang out, requesting assistance. A growl rumbled out of his throat and Beric pushed off with his back legs, running to Majesty. If anyone thought they could get away with coming to this island and start a fight with the leader, Beric was going to have a great time proving them wrong.

Beric slowed to a halt when he seen Majesty, his gaze scanning the area for the stranger. It seemed he wasn't here, though, and looked to his leader. Are we going to intercept? he asked. Beric was ready and willing and waited for the plan.

Yesterday was History, Tommorow is a mystery, but today is a gift <I> that is why they call it the present!</I><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="200" height="20">
<param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=http%3A//k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/0diotefop9/The_Noisy_Freaks_-_French_Club_Tasty_Release_.mp3&bgcolor=ffffff&loadingcolor=CEF6F5&buttoncolor=A9F5F2&slidercolor=A9F5F2" />
</object>
154 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Away
Hi! Sorry for the late response XD
But srsly, Would you guys mind some mild swearing? If not, I will edit it right out!
Plus, get ready for alot of previous thread references...
Silvermane was resting when he heard the array of howls ringing throughout the island, first it was from a unknown wolf, and then Majesty. Silvermane growled slightly, he was awake for 4 days in a row, and right when he was about to fall asleep he was woken up? This is such bull. he said as he slowly stood up, he had a slight migraine as he stood up. Possibly from the things he ate. He was in no state or mood to look straight for Majesty, but he was bound to duty. Silvermane looked to the side to see a inlet, one with freshwater. Perhaps a dunk would do him good? He quickly dunked his head in the water, do waken himself up, and pulled his head out of the water. He shook his head, splashing water everywhere and set off bounding towards the noise.

It took him some time to finally arrive to Majesty -(his Alpha)-, finding also his packmate Beric -(a smart wolf, that Silvermane respected alot for his strategies)- sitting beside him, where was the trouble? Silvermane was in no mood for this bullshit, and he could walk off, but he did not tell this to his leader, he was in enough shit already. Even if he was very open with his friend. There where somethings he did not say, like the time he seduced Sky, a friend of both of them. Silvermane was thinking to tell Majesty about the time he got high last night, but that was not relevant now... Besides, he would tell him some other day... Silvermane's eyes were still abit red, but nothing serious that he could not respond about easily. "Where's the trouble Majesty?" he asked, looking groggily at the Alpha. "If there is'nt any, Would you mind that I go back to sleep?" he said. Looking at the shore.
6 Posts
Ooc — Rush
ooc: Majesty, that sounds great :) I'm so new, still trying to piece the landscape together, thanks for your help! Silvermane, we all have a life, no sweat :) It's great to have all of you to RP with, this will be fun.

ic:
Anxious paws quickened their pace as the impending call rose to echo his own, in seemingly no time. Whoever patrolled nearby took their business seriously, he would have to stand prepared. The fast growing sun magnified it's heat against his hide as the lanky hunter paced, and a giant tongue lolled out his gaping, black mouth. Nerves weren't the issue as he tested patience waiting for his fate, rather neuroticism over what he could offer those who rode out to greet him. It had always been a quirk of the nearly middle aged male, and he felt that feeding everyone was his duty. Like an overbearing grandmother who only means well by always offering some snack or goodie.

Gold foiled eyes scanned the grass for worthy morsels to bear his greeter. Nose at work in the grass, and ears whirling round at every natural whisper, Dagger kept himself alert and busy, but most of all he kept himself in the general area near the last of the River, while his fate descended. Flattening sienna frosted ears, the might Hunter settled for a nearby bush, which harbored plenty of ripening berries. From the bush, he chewed a small twiggy branch, with thin arms and a few choice berries in small clusters.

Feeling accomplished on his peace mission, Dagger trotted back towards his original outpost to continue the wait. Feeling less anxious now, he satisfied a few natural urges and could quiet his pacing to a less frantic gate. Placing the small branch on the ground next to him, he stretched his great, shaggy neck and bayed at the ground, low and long to confirm he still held his post near the River, if any still sought him out. Grasping the peace offering in his jaws again, he waited, like a dog waiting with a toy to give his master coming home. Resuming his pacing, for what wild creature could hold still on a hot, beautiful day like today, he waited and waited. Nowhere to be but here.
I want my wife and children back. Do not get in the way of this goal and I will not have to kill you for it.
276 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Away
Beric was the first to arrive, and he seemed eager for action. Silvermane arrived somewhat later, looking groggy and slightly... off. His eyes were red, like he was sick or hadn't gotten enough sleep, or had held his head underwater with his eyes open. And when he spoke, his voice was hoarse. This bothered the Alpha greatly, and for a moment, the trespasser was forgotten.

"What's wrong with you, Silvermane? Are you all right? You look awful." He listened as the Gamma requested to go back to sleep. Majesty was willing to let him, but not without telling him why he was there in the first place. "You may sleep if you wish. You look like you need it. But I called you and Beric here to help me greet an intruder on our island. It is a male wolf."

Here, he glanced between Beric and Silvermane. "Now, listen to me, friends. I know you both want to be Wardens, which is why I summoned you here. But you must do as I say. I will not allow you to go chasing the wolf off before he gives his explanation. For all we know, he could be hurt and in need of help. I know your instincts to kill trespassers are strong - I get the urges too - but please try to look beyond them. We will approach with caution, and if he attacks, then by all means, I give you both full permission to chase him away back to the mainland. But if he wants to talk, then you will leave him be to explain himself. All right?"

He looked at his pack-mates, waiting for them to reply.
6 Posts
Ooc — Rush
ooc: I'm going to wrap this up here. I'm not interested in becoming part of a pack who forgets about the character trying to join before they even get a chance to join. Thanks for your replies. I suppose you could post after I end this, or whatever you like, but since they're taking so long to reach him, Dagger loses interest and walks out of the territory before they get there.

Ic:

Still waiting, and waiting, and waiting. The branch dropped from his now sore mouth, as hope to eventually meet the Isle dwellers dissipated and he was left confused. Had his aging ears heard wrong? Had the howl of the Isle been merely an illusion? Furrowing his brow in confusion, the tawny, peppered male strained an ear for no more than a second before finally abandoning his post, leaving the peace offering where he once stood eager to greet whoever troubled themselves to meet him. He was only one male, had his own calls been that intimidating?

Nursing the notion that perhaps he had frightened whoever dwelled on the Isle, Dagger felt a new sense of pride and decided to leave his mark, a lasting impression after he left. The Isle, in retrospect, hadn't much to offer a hunter of his skill level, so it was decided he would not loiter another night. Instead, the giant Oathbone lowered his body, hunkering into a crouching position, in the open grass where he had laid, and proceeded to take a healthy dump, to reiterate his presence had been strong here for the time being. And he had held it as long as possible in order to meet what ever ghost had answered his call. Finishing, Dagger also urinated, then scraped mighty paws against the earth to press his scent that much further into the ground. As many dogs do after they relieve themselves, Dagger kicked off like a rocket of sheer joy after he had finished, running like a crazed young pup, happy to be moving on to the next territory. No second thoughts.

Exit Dagger.