Heron Lake Plateau Summer Heat
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Nevouku was staying near the water, as he liked cooling off round there. Ever since he had been shown the spot by Towhee, he had been relaxing round there. Not on the island, he could not find himself swimming across again. Instead he was sitting about on the beach. Fun place to rest about, while he thought. Thought on what more he could do.

What could he do to help out the pack? What could he do to do more? "What am I to do..." he murmured quietly, feeling nervous and sad.

All welcome, but perhaps @Raven?
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
While Raven did her share of patrolling along the borders when she had time, she liked spending most of her day near the lake. Since it was centrally located in the heart of their territory and seemed to be a natural congregating point for most of her packmates, she found it to be a good place to hang out in case anyone needed to find her easily. Not to mention that, with the heat of the encroaching summer growing more and more intense each day, close proximity to water was convenient for keeping cool. With her rapidly-advancing pregnancy, she seemed to have less tolerance for heat than normal anyway.

She had just emerged from the cool water, black fur dripping and glistening in the sunshine, when she spotted one of her lesser-known packmates lingering on the shore nearby. He was a quiet sort, she thought, and had mostly kept to himself of late. Interested, she shook her pelt free of excess water and headed over to meet him. As she drew near, she waved her tail and greeted him with a grin. "Hello! Nevouku, right?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku lifted his head up when he spotted something moving from the water. He almost freaked out as they moved out, water dripping. He kept his eyes to them, seeing they were a wolf. "Y-Y-Yes" he answered back nervously to her. She seemed friendly, but he had met friendly. And never could really believe anyone being totally friendly. What was her name, he wondered. 

"Wh-What's your name?" he asked, standing to his paws. He wagged his tail slightly, just knowing she was kind at least Nev felt his nerves lighten slightly.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven was slightly caught off-guard by his stutter, but she didn't let it show on her face. Over the years, she'd encountered individuals with various speech impediments and her experiences with them had equipped her with an excellent ability to understand what they were trying to say. He definitely seemed nervous, so she smiled warmly and maintained a relaxed stance in the hopes of making him feel more at ease.

"I'm Raven," she replied, grinning at him. "I'm the alpha female. How long have you been with us, Nev? Is it okay if I call you that?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku nodded, some called him that, some didn't. "Since before the move...some time before then. I-I've kept...back for the most part..." He was taking things hard. Mostly Sebastian having disappeared...and he never got to say goodbye to him. It hurt him inside, to not have been able to get the chance to do that.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven nodded, vaguely remember seeing him during the move from the Caldera to here. She’d been so busy on that trip that it was totally likely she’d overlooked him, particularly if he stuck to the fringes of their group as he mentioned. She cocked her head, a look of concern coming over her face, and asked, ”You seem a little preoccupied. Is everything okay?”
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku turned his glance away slightly at the question. He sighed. He was preoccupied. With many thoughts, many nervous fears. "It's just....someone I cared for left here...he never said goodbye" he said quietly, in an almost silent murmur. He had cared so much for Sebastian, seen him as his brother.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She could understand why such a thing would bother him, and her heart went out to him. There had been a number of painful partings for her over the years as well, but at least in most of her situations, she'd had the chance to say goodbye. "Who was it?" she asked, genuinely curious.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He sat his head against the ground, sighing quietly. "Did you know Sebastian?" he asked, not looking up to meet their gaze as he did not want his sad look being seen. "I didn't even say goodbye to him..."
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
"I did know Sebastian," she replied, her feelings on the subject mixed. She had always had a somewhat negative opinion of those who voluntarily chose to abandon the pack, and if she recalled correctly, Sebastian hadn't had a compelling reason at all to leave them. On the other hand, he'd always been a very kind and hard-working wolf, and as a fellow medic, they had both mutually benefitted one another in pursuit of their trade. Deciding to leave her feelings out of it, she continued, "I don't know why he left, but I bet he'll come back soon. His son Ben still lives here and family is really important to him." She offered him an encouraging smile, hoping that her words might assuage some of the sorrow that clearly plagued the young wolf's heart.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku sighed, hearing his name again. Every time he heard his name, he sighed. Sighed at how badly he had messed up in leaving. He wanted to see him again, wanted to just say goodbye...to say-

"S...Son?" Had Raven said...that Sebastian...had a son? "He has a s-son?" He didn't know this. He knew he had a mate but he had left...left before Sebastian had any children of his own. So he was very surprised to hear so.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Tagging @Ben for reference for if/when Meebee takes him off PPC. :)

It was clear that Nevouku hadn't known about Sebastian's kids, so Raven was glad to fill him in. "He does! He lives right here with us. He keeps to himself a lot but I'm sure he wouldn't be hard to track down. He's white with a dark muzzle and bright blue eyes." Smiling, she continued, "Honestly I think Sebastian left to track down some family or friends, I'm not exactly sure. How did you come to know him?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku's eyes widened as he listened to Raven. So Sebastian had a son...and they sounded very alike in appearance. "Yeah I...I would like that if I feel up to it" Nev murmured. He felt an ear flick upon hearing what he was to Seb. "He had a thing with my sister...she left a-and...and he adopted me...as a brother."
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
"I can see why you would be sad, then," she commented after his explanation. She'd been heartbroken when her sister, Wildfire, had left to move to Moonspear years ago, and she'd had the opportunity to say her goodbyes. She couldn't imagine how much worse it would have been if she'd never gotten that chance. Looking at him with compassion in her face, Raven asked, "What can I do to help you?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku sadly nodded. He wanted him back. Just for a minute. Just to say his goodbye's, to say he was sorry. For leaving him, for leaving Broken Antler for 'adventure' when all it did was end in heartache. For betraying Sebastians trust. 

"I...I want to say goodbye, to take it all back..." He wanted to cry suddenly. He could always feel his eyes getting wet. He felt like an absolute pup. He whined quietly, knowing these weren't things she could give. "I don't know anymore..."
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven's heart ached for him, and it was worse because she felt powerless to help. His soft whine elicited a whine of her own, and she leaned forward and gently rested her muzzle on his shoulder. Just a quiet gesture of friendship and support. She didn't know what to say at that particular moment, but if he needed a shoulder to cry on, she was happy to lend hers.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku had a fragile heart. And the motion she made was enough to break the dam and suddenly he was pushing against her shoulder, crying. He wanted Sebastian back. To comfort him, to tell him he was forgiven. To let him apologize, to let him at least say goodbye, and hear a goodbye back. He wanted it all to go back.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Poor Nev <3

As Nevouku leaned into her and lost himself to his emotions, Raven supported him and let him weep without judgement or comment. She stayed with him, resting her head over his neck protectively, and was content to let him get it all out for as long as he needed to. It was clear that he had kept his pain pent up inside for far too long, and she was glad that she'd been in the right place at the right time to help him let it loose. She gently preened the fur on his nape in an effort to soothe and comfort him, and for a time, only the sound of his sorrow broke the silence around them.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku sighed with his face against his alpha. How embarassing this must have been, all this. Crying against his alpha, breaking up before them. He wanted to take a step back, yet she was comforting him. So he waited until he was given a moment to retreat his head, sniffing. "I-I am sorry...it was uncalled for I...I shouldn't be crying." His head hung low along with his tail, tucked by his rear leg.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven shook her head, dismissing his words without a second thought. "No, don't apologize. There's nothing to be sorry for. I get it." She touched her nose lightly beneath his chin -- a gesture of reassurance and support. "Every single person in this pack matters to me. Their feelings matter to me. All their joys and sorrows and fears are important to me. And that includes you. I'm glad I could be here for you when you needed a friend, and you can trust that this will remain strictly between us." She smiled at him, her eyes lingering on his but in a way that contained no authority or challenge. She wanted him to know that she truly meant what she said. As the alpha, she was the heart of the pack, while each individual in its ranks served as parts of that greater whole. If a single part was ailing, the entire body suffered.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku slightly lifted his head, but still looked sad and pitiful in her presence. He felt so touched by the alpha and her kindness. He had to do more though, more than crying. And he would go and do something like that. "Thank you, Raven...th-thank you" he murmured quietly. "Thank y-you."
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She smiled at his thanks as she stepped back from him, giving him a bit more space. She wondered if his sorrow would drive him to seek out Sebastian, though she hoped it wouldn't. His trail was long gone by now, erased by time and distance, and he could be literally anywhere in the world at this point. "What will you do now?" she ventured to ask after a moment, her voice light and soft.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He wasn't exactly sure what he would do now. Go off somewhere? Sulk some more? He shook his head, at least in his head he did. Nev would not go and sulk. "H-Hunt something...add to cache" he murmured. At least it would distract him. That way, he would have something to do.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven grinned and nodded with approval. "That's a great idea," she said, knowing that it would provide him with a much-needed distraction for his thoughts and an outlet for the energy and emotions roiling around inside of him. "Be careful, and if you need to talk some more, come find me anytime -- okay?"
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He nodded back, small nods however. Little shakes of his head, basically. "I will be c-c-careful. And I will come to see you when I need to" the nervous wolf answered back. "Th-Thank you again." Then he ducked his head and started to move off.