Broken Boulder charged
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 

the floodwaters had finally begun to recede, and once more the creek that cut through the sanctuary was contained.  she trailed it, leaving a clear path through the early morning dew as a yawn escaped from her maw.  it wasn't unusual for her to be up early, but as of late she had been exceptionally tired.  

slowly, she reclined to her haunches as the air began to warm, letting her aching joints rest.

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was near the stream this morning, he was especially fond of water for some reason. He had loved to be near it and watch it run, it was a symbol to him of how life was, it ran the same way always and never let anything from the past come back to you. As he trotted along the back he noticed A wolf many had called Lanawyn ahead. As it may she seemed to be relaxing beside the bank.

Steele didn’t want to alarm her if he was to be heard so he wanted to let her know he was there. “Hello” he barked out to her. He decided to come a little closer, carefully walking so he didn’t invade her personal space. A small welcoming smile started upon his lips.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She had been content alone, but she could be content with company as well.  She could not recall whether or not she had met him or not, but she knew he belonged — hell, even if he didn't, he was nice enough.  Hey.  I'm Eris.  Her tail flicked in invitation; if he wanted to come sunbathe, he was more than welcome.  She lay down in the grass and rolled over onto her back, exposing her stomach to the soft rays of morning.  How're you?

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele gave a soft chuckle as she laid on her back. He took her invitation and came to her side and laid on his stomach to watch her sun bathe. “I’m Steele, I’m good. How’re you? Enjoying the sun rays I see.” He said as he put his head on his paws. His amber eyes trailed to her eyes. Steele’s favorite type of day was a summer morning, when it wasn’t too hot or too cold with the dew still on the grass, it reminded him of a simpler time in his life.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Meanwhile, Eris lived in the moment to escape her childhood.  It's nice to meet you, Steele.  Her finely crafted wrists tucked to her scalloped ribcage as she shifted to get more comfortable.  I'm doing well.  Have you settled in alright?  She turned her head to look at him after she could see him staring through her peripherals.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
The sun made it a point to drool it’s rays on his fur as it made him warm he shuddered a bit as he got used to the climate change. “ Yeah I like it here, it seems like I’ll fit it nicely with everyone.” His voice was deep but he tried to make it a bit softer as the moment seemed appropriate for it. He shifted himself so the sunshine could make his body the same temperature all around, like a roasting dinner.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Her hungry wildfire gaze trailed over the mottled gray of his pelt as it was illuminated by the sunrays.  Good.  She had little else to say on the matter; so long as he liked it here, there would be no issue.  Have you been shown the whole territory yet?  She didn't want to move, but maybe later if he hadn't.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
I haven’t yet been to the Garden.. uh... Paradise Garden?” He said with a bit of questioning in his voice. He let in a big huff of air and let it out just to get the scent of the morning air. As they were talking Steele caught notice of a few butterflies flying above them, higher than they could reach but they were nice to look at. He sighed, it was a good morning. “Can I get to know more about you?” He asked to the female he’d just met, he loved to share life stories with others. It was the one thing he was good at.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Maybe I will take you there sometime.  Later.  She closed her eyes and yawned as the butterflies flew overhead.  

Was that like, a normal question to ask people now?  Sure.  She rolled back to her stomach to face him and rested her chin on her forelegs.  I have one brother here with us, Alarian, the Governor.  I.. like flowers.  I like the rain.  Her ears flicked back as she tried to think.  The Garden is my favorite place here.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele nodded as she said she might take him there, it would be nice to go and see something new. He picked his head up as she rolled back over onto her stomach. His tail wagged for a short time as she started talking more about herself.

His ears cupped forward as he listened carefully. Alarian was her brother, they seemed close enough to him but he would have never guessed siblings. Steele felt another smile come upon him as she said she liked flowers and the rain. “Flowers are nice, the smell of them are what makes me joyful. I can’t agree with you on the rain, rain makes me tired.” He thought about what he might say for her to get to know him a bit better.

I love the early morning or right before the sun sets. The best time of day. I don’t have any siblings.” Steele wasn’t the one to care about whether or not he was big and masculine all the time, but he also wasn’t good with others feelings. It was always something that needed work, it was like he didn’t know what to do when someone needed him.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

I like a light rain.  Hard rain makes me tired as well.. you're pretty much stuck in one spot unless you want to get... wet.  She punctuated the last syllable, though whether it was with distaste or intrigue was indecipherable.

He mentioned the smell of flowers and she thought of her rosewater baths.  Her lips tightened almost imperceptibly; she could not tell if it was intentional or accidental.  Abruptly, she stood, the tip of her tail swaying behind her.  Do you want to come with me?

She drew her tongue over her lips before she looked away from him.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele bobbed his head back and forth in thinking at her words about the rain. It was true, light rain was good bu heavy rain is tiring and one can get drenched if they aren’t careful. He watched as her face almost changed when he mentioned the scent of flowers, he had hoped he didn’t do something that hurt her. 

His glowing amber eyes watched as she stood and swayed her tail, inviting him with her. “I’ll come with.” He said as he raised himself and stretched out his legs quickly. Steele drew up beside her and gave her a dip of his head to let her know he was ready to follow her wherever she wanted to take him.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Later would end up being now; she would not delay in showing him the Garden.  At one point she had wanted it to be exclusive to herself (and Alarian), but now it seemed as if she brought everyone she percieved as flirting with her to the garden.

This was different, though.  He had mentioned the scent of flowers.. why would she wait?  She ambled lazily towards the Garden which incidentally was not far away, eyes focused on the butterflies that grew in number overhead.  Do you see them swarming?  We are close.

She broke through the woods and into the wildflower field, turning around so she could see his reaction.  Thus far, everyone had been surprised by the Garden's beauty, but perhaps he would be different.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele trailed behind her, letting her take the lead. He watched as the smaller female look at the butterflies and then talk. He nodded as he walked forward looking at the almost massive number of them. His nose was oblivious this far of the scent of the garden, but that would change soon.

As they came out of the woods his nose finally alerted him of what was flying through the air. He breathed in for a moment, his eyes closed, and took in the scent of all the flowers. It was a euphoric moment for him, something he hadn’t felt for a while. Flowers were something he had kept to himself, and it was few and far between he had gotten to really enjoy them. 

For this he he didn’t know how to thank Eris. As he open his eyes his face lit up, he wasn’t surprised with the flowers but in a joyful and nostalgic mood. He walked a bit closer to Eris, “They smell so wonderful.” Was all he could muster out as he breathed in another breath of the air.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She was pleased with his response, and a small smile graced her features.  She let him take in the view as long as he wished and didn't interject with speech or action until he had addressed her.  They do.  She liked to press them and keep them, she often collected roses to bathe in their water.  Hopefully she had collected enough to last her through the winter — she missed them when they faded away.

So, tell me more about yourself.  Is there anything you would like to show me?  He hadn't been in this area long, but perhaps he had found something.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele took in one last breath of the flower filled air in and let it out. He picked one flower and put it in front of Eris, it was a yellow flower that contrasted well with her owlish orange eyes. He nodded as she said they do and then watched all the butterflies land and fly over the flowers. 

She asked him if if there was anything he wanted to show her, and in fact there was. He was interested in a hunting place he had found that was full of life. “I do have a special hunting place, if you’d want to come with?” He had found it on his third day, not as special as what she showed him but special to him. 

He turned to walk all away and looked back at her with hopeful eyes.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She took the stem of the flower delicately between her teeth as her hawkish gaze raked over the Cipher.  Her heart quickened for a moment before she cleared her throat, straightened herself.  

She motioned for him to lead the way in silence, for she did not want to break the flower — if her den was on the way to the hunting place, she'd drop it off — and readied herself to follow his lead.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele watched as she moved the flower delicately between her teeth, and boy was she graceful too. His eyes followed as she straightened herself, he breathed in and then started a slow gait toward his special hunting place. Though it wasn’t exactly like hers, beautiful and touching, it was important to him and he had hoped it would be a special little travel for her too. “I hope you like it too.” His voice was full of worry.

Steele wasn’t too keen on being fast about getting there because something about this female was unlike any other, in the best way possible, and he planned on spending more time figuring out why he felt that way. He gazed back at her his amber eyes filled with nostalgia, joy, and now hope that she too would love his place just the same. It was a hunting place he had found around his third day here and he had kept it to himself for the most part, full of life, it’s where he spent most of his time. It was close to the edge of the Sanctuary border, so to get there they would have a longer trek than to the garden.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

It was unfortunate for Steele that Eris was a whore, although perhaps with enough convincing she could be bribed to leave her polygamous lifestyle behind.  For now, she would take what she could get from who she could get, and in true discordian fashion she did not mind if it was at the expense of some of the Sanctuary's freshest Ciphers.

For what it was worth, she liked Steele's company.  I'm sure I will, she forced out, teeth unmoving as she balanced the stem between her lips.

She did not mind the silence, although when they crossed where she slept she deposited the flower next to the others in her den, making a mental note to press it later.  Thank you.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele waited patiently for her outside of the den sites. So far they had only trekked half of what they were in for. When she came out he gave a small tail wag for a greeting and then started on again at his steady pace. He gave a nod at her Thank you and then thought of what he might be able to say to start a conversation while they were walking to the site. Soon he did think of one thing, “What’s it like being the governors sister? Do you have a lot of responsibilities?” He asked sincerely interested. 

Soon they came upon a few big bushes, and you couldn’t quite tell what was behind them. Steele pushed them back with his nose and it revealed a small valley, just big enough to House a flock of pheasants, a few deer here and there,once in a while some rabbit and some berry bushes. It was an accidental stumble upon for him when he was out looking for food for the caches.

201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She smiled at his discovery, watching the various animals going about their lives.  Truly, she enjoyed watching the prey animals and how they interacted with one another, and it was so quiet and secluded that she felt disconnected from the rest of the pack — something she sought pretty often. 

It's not bad.  Truthfully, there is not a lot of work to be done around here, our packmates are so good at maintaining the peace.  As Scholar, I maintain pack relations and stay up to date with important events.  On the side, I am a counselor.. although nobody has needed to use my services yet.

7/5
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele watched her reaction and smiled. He used the place for hunting and for his own thought gathering, but right now to him it felt right sharing it. 

He listened to her duties that she had in the pack and nodded, it seemed she had an important role even if no one needed her now someone might in the future especially now that the pack is full. “Maybe in the future the pack will need your counseling skills, now that we’re full anyway.” He said reassuringly. 

He looked at Eris like she was a flower in his garden, he’d never been close like this with anyone else, it was truly something he would keep close to his heart even if this was the only time they interacted. “This is the place I come too when I’m feeling overwhelmed, depressed, or any mood really. It helps me think and put things into perspective.” As he let this come out he turned his gaze toward the small valley. He let out a little relief sigh.