Greatwater Lake summer swim
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
follow up thread for 'life can be sweet' :) @Blue Willow

Clouds were marching along, birds singing their song and the black girl trailed happily behind Blue Willow, retracing her steps to the place they had met in the first place. Even if they were in the midst of summer, a flock of clouds drifted through the sky, masking the sun from time to time.

And for a moment, while she followed the new alpha female, her mind drifted to the day she had first sarrived at the Plateu, it hadn't been more than a month probably, but she felt like it had been years ago. She was just so comfortable living with the Plateu wolves it was hard to keep track of time. As the old saying said, 'time flies when you're having fun.'
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue did not feel like an alpha on this day. This day she just felt like a foster mother enjoying the day with her foster daughter. She was pleased as could be to be included still in the girls day to day life. After all she was a teenager and they could be fickle on their best day. She hummed to herself as she walked towards the water, ever so often looking back to make sure Amelie was coming.

They got to the river and without a word Blue bounded forward and jumped in and with a paw she splashed at Amelie a wolfish grin on her face. She was a large pup underneath it was the way of things really. She was serious when the occasion called for it, but she just as anyone else loved to have fun.

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The dark girl bounded happily after her foster mom, her tail swaying from side to side as she follwed Blue Willow through the trail that led to the lake. If one could look at the pair from the distance it'd be impossible to say they were not related, both of the females shared a shiny black coat -like many of the other members of the plateu. Even if they weren't blood related they shared a beautiful resemblance.

As the days went by Amelie began to leave behind her more childish appereance, her once short legs turning into long extremities suited for running and her babyish maroon undercoat finally shedding off to reveal her new sleek cloak that covered her atlethic body entirely. Finally the young Amelie was beginning to transfigure into a lovely young lady, trading her childish innocence for delicacy and poise worthy of such a beautiful creature as her.

Every day looking more and more like Blue, who turned around to see her from time to time only to recieve a grin from the girl and a nip on the tail each time she turned back. Once they got to the lake, the bigger version of herself didn't waste a minute to leap into the water. Cold drops landed on Amelie's face after the impact and she just jerked her head back with a squeal. Then with her tail wagging wildly behind her she followed, charging into the shallow point of the lake, until she was chest deep into the water.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue Willow had noticed their similarities in appearance, she was not blind. She also did not mind, that they were so similar. She could easily claim the girl as her own, and no one would be the wiser. She had thought about it, to give the child a mother rather than just a substitute. However, she had decided against. Simply put, Amelie had already had a mother, and blue did not want to in anyway, take that from her. However, if the girl would wish she was more than willing, to step up and take that mantle, add it to the few others she had.

Blue Willow had also noticed, as time wore on, that Amelie was fast leaving behind girlhood and entering womanhood. To say it froze her blood cold, would be the understatement of the century. She worried vastly, for the girl that she had come to look upon, as her own. She would be turning heads far to soon, at least that was how Blue felt. However, she also knew that it was the natural order of things and she could do nothing, but watch and wait and hope for the best where the men were concerned. She knew most of the males in the pack were kind and they didn’t worry her as much as ones outside of her own home.

Blue Willow laughed each time she got her tail nipped, she turned it into a game. Amelie was not far behind in joining her in the cool water. With a happy bound and a laugh, Blue stood on back paws and laid gentle paws on Amelies’ shoulders to dunk her softly. She backpedaled waiting for the girl to surface after the good dunking, Blue had made sure to do it gently so she did not scare or hurt her.

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Now don't get her wrong, Amelie had grown to love Blue to pieces, seeing her as her saviour and role model all merged at once, but no matter how much more she loved the ebony healer, she could not and would not throw the memories of her mother away. She had given her life! Even if a part of her heart could not forget her abandonment, she'd always carry her in her heart.

Still she wouldn't mind removing the word 'foster' out of Blue's title, calling her 'mother' would do just fine, she had been on the verge of doing it once or twice before, but found herself biting her tongue before the word could roll of her mouth. She feared -something rather irrational- that Blue would be shocked and might not react in the best way, which as stated before was something completely foolish considering she had offered to take her under her care in the first place.

When she entered the lake, she shuddered as the cold water made contact with her skin, she then began paddling towards Blue, who recieved her by placing her paws on her shoulders and sinking the girl. Amelie's cheeks puffed out with air as she went under.

She remained under water for a few seconds, just feeling as tiny bubbles escaped from her nostrils. Then as the urge to breathe grew inside her chest she propelled herself out of the water and reappeared just a few inches away from Blue's face.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue being the type of wolf she was, would never have a bad reaction to anyone calling her mother, unless it was meant as an insult. The way she viewed the world, was that everyone needed a mother, even if it was an adopted one. Though she had not always gotten along with her mother always, she would have been very upset if she had been absent from her life.

Blue jumped back as Amelie surfaced right by her face, momentarily startling her. Soon enough the dark healer all, but collapsed into a fit of laughter. She was enjoying herself, so tell me Amelie you have found your niche here yes? I know Perry had allowed you to watch the little ones. Blue shifted a paw, splashing small amount of water on the girl. She because she was talking did not mean, she needed to stop playing.

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie joined in, a loud shriek erupted from her throat as she gave Blue a delighted grin. She then dipped the tip of her snout briefly and blew tiny bubbles in the lake's surface, but then as she was about to pull away the black wolfess' contagious laughter made her inhale instead of exhale, causing water to crawl up her snout and making her choke and sneeze.

Then after a whole lot of shaking her head and coughing the girl turned back to face the healer and with a playful glint in her yellow eyes, she smiled once more while a stray drop of water rolled of the tip of her nose. At the same moment, Blue shoved water in her face, and the girl just closed her eyes shut and turned her face so that she did not choke -again.

The mention of the pups made the black teenager paddle with more enthusiasm, "Oh yes! The pups are lovely, but they're growing so fast!" she whined thinking that it wouldn't be long till they would no longer need a babysitter. "I'd love to get out more though.." she barked with a more serious tone. Ah, there it was the typical plead a teenager gave when he/she began to discover the wonders that laid outside. The classic, 'but mom! all of my friends go out at night!'.

Even if she didn't entirely meant it that way, it was partly true. She wanted to see the world outside the Plateu but she also wanted to be a helpful member of the pack, and persuing the outrider title might just be the way to do it.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled all the harder, at Amelie’s obvious delight. Blue was momentarily alarmed as she began to choke. Soon enough though, she was back to breathing regular. You my dear just gave this healer a heartattack. She chuckled nervously.

Blue sighed softly, knowing that it would come to this eventually. All youngsters wanted out of their parents whether foster or biological, sight at some point. She herself had been eager to leave her parents sight when she was a teen. Well, have you thought of perhaps the outrider trade? Or just an exploration? Or you can come with me when I got on a hunt for herbs? Whichever you like. I know how hard it is to be young and having to stay put with adults. She smiled again and then shifted her weight in the water, paddling happily.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The healer's uproaring laughter made the dark pelted girl throw her head back, giving a deafening squeal of her own. She then paddled forward and with her snout flung water at her companion. "Ha ha! You'd know how to revive me" she barked snapping her jaws close to the female's nose in an attempt to gently nip the tip of her muzzle.

Then as her foster mother suggested persuing the outrider trade to quench her wanderlust, it wasn't a bad idea after all. "I've thought about it," she barked while she began to wobble around the healer, her hind paws kicking furiously underneath the surface. "Caretaker, Outrider and Healer are my options right now" she added as she continued to circle Blue.

She had really given some thought to her options, Gamekeeper also caught her attention but she wasn't sure just yet. But then as the black wolfess offered to bring her along in one of her expeditions her yellow eyes lit up, "That'd be wonderful!" she yapped, "Where do you usually go?" she asked, not knowing anything about herbs and their properties.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue bumped the underside of Amelie's muzzle in play and then giggled like a school girl. She nodded Yes I would know how to, but I hope I'd never have to. She smiled again her green eyes glowing with warmth.

Blue tilted her one ear, Why not work on all three? I myself am going for caretaker and chronicler on top of my healer trade, or perhaps counselor I haven't decided if I want to interchange chronicler or not.

Blue chuckled I go all over; the beach for seaweed, I travel the mountains for some, I also head towards wapun meadow and never winter forest all of which have herbs and roots and berries that I can use. She nodded she had traversed much of the lands since she had come here, and she would do so again in time. I can't leave until Peregrine is up and moving again. Though Atticus would do fine keeping everything at bay, I still worry.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
A funny smile was all that the girl gave the ebony healer when she talked about the hypothetical case in which Amelie began to drown. She lashed her pink tongue over her coal nose and winked at her as if to say dont worry I won't drown

Then as the teenager continued to swim around her, Blue talked about her own trades, "Counseling goes right down your alley" she commented while she kept kicking her legs energically trying to increase her speed. Blue had given the girl great advice when they had first met, and she continued to do so when Amelie had told her about her mother and abusive brothers.Perhaps she could help the whole pack since it seemed so easy for her to comfort others.

Soon the girl began to feel tired so she decided to waddle closer to the shore until she reached a point where her toes could touch the muddy floor. "Yeah that'd be great, we could work together.. meaning you could teach me!" she barked enthusiastically as she listened to all the great places she described, places Amelie had never heard of.

But before she could ask when they could go on their first expedition, Blue mentioned her worry for Peregrine. He'd be very vulnerable with a broken leg. "Aw, well how long do you think it'll be until he's up and about again?" she wondered.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue shook her head at the mirth, which shined out of the pretty eyes of her foster daughter. She winked back though, chuckling softly to herself.

Blue nodded thoughtfully, Yes it does, but I have practically been a chronicler my whole life, so it would be easy for me to do. She was one that was often sought out, or she sought out others to let them tell her something that maybe bothering them. It was her drive, her want to help wherever and whenever she was needed doing whatever it was. Whether it was healing a physical or emotional hurt or both.

Blue followed close behind Amelie, also getting tired from constantly battling the current. She stood near her, still keeping half of herself submerged. I would be glad to teach you what I know. There is not apprentice healer in the pack yet, but I want you to tell me if you don’t like it, and we will find something else for you to work on. Blue would never force her practices and trades on anyone else, it was a personal choice.

Blue chewed a little bit on the inside of her cheek and then spoke 6 weeks until it’s fully healed, but only 2 until he can hobble around, which is almost there now.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The girl looked over her shoulder and called out while she began to exit the lake, the fur on her chest and neck slicked against her skin making her look skinnier. "Can't you do both then?" she asked, the more trades the better right? Chronicler and Counselor were made for Blue anyways.

Then she spun around and with an inviting wave of her tail splashed again in the water landing right in front Blue's feet. "Don't worry, I'm sure I like it!" she squealed, she wanted her to know she wasn't just choosing healing because she was a healer. It was something that genuinely caught Amelie's attention. "And if I don't then I'll tell you anyways" she promised licking briefly the ebony alpha's chin.

"Well, whenever it is, I'm up for it!" she barked as she rushed again to the shore, she was getting tired of the mushy feeling of mud underneath her toes, ew.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled and said I can only have three trades, I already have healer, caretaker will soon be added to that, so I’ll have to choose between the two. She was really very torn about this decision, she was good at both things, and she wasn’t sure which one suited her best. Chronicler would have once upon a time, but she wasn’t much of a story teller anymore.

Blue smiled and dipped her head that is all I ask that you tell me if you don’t like it. We’ll start your lessons as soon as we can. Blue playfully nudged the girls head with her muzzle.

Blue followed soon after, mostly just because she was tired of swimming, it had been a good day, but the fun was over, it was time to get back to reality, although her reality was pretty good.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
wrap up?
look at Amelie's cute new avatar eek
The dark teenager looked at her paws once she was outside, her toes were covered in mud and filth just as she expected. She could do nothing more but shake her coat and then her legs hoping to rid herself of the clinging water plants and excess water. "Oh well that sucks, if you're good at it then you should be able to do it.." she mused while still giving her tail a good shake.

She allowed her head to be pushed by Blue's snout and gave a little huff, "As long as it's not at dawn" she groaned, but then gave a jovial bark and searched her mother's companion's eyes, "I'm kidding, the sooner the better".
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes lets and omg it's adorable!

Blue saw her distaste at the filth on her paws and spoke quietly Listen daughter run your feet through the grass, like you are rubbing them. She chuckled slightly, not even realizing she called her daughter.

blue chuckled again I promise it won't be at dawn. But I can't promise it won't be at night, we'll tell secrets to the shadows. With that she stood and shook her fur allowing all the droplets of water to fall to the ground
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
last post [mate]

Amelie's heart skipped a beat when she heard the word daughter directed at her. She shot the dark colored healer her most genuine smile accompanied with the sweetness of her yellow eyes. Inmidiately she got to it, wiping her mud-covered toes on the fresh dew-kissed blades underneath her feet.

"I love the night, mom" she barked with a playful voice, tipping her tail from side to side.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue offered her a small smile when she cleaned her paws and then a large beaming smile when she called her mom. Let's go find some dinner and then just be lazy the rest of the day. What do you say? With that the healer began walking towards their hunting grounds, they would find some food and then just lay around. SOunded like a good day to her.