Sea Lion Shores Where to go when everything hurts
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Spurned and rejected on so many levels; Nerian could no longer stand to be alone inside the fledgling borders of the Bay but she also couldn't stand to be around other wolves.
Not right now, she needed time to get over this, this retched thing that had gripped her. Though natural and mother's natures way to force procreation she now abhorred it.

Her skin itched below her pelt and she ached something awful, she needed to soothe the feeling of her body, somehow, on her own...
Were she in her home land the plant she recognized but could not call by name would have ended this before it began, This was her first uninterrupted heat and she was still a virgin even at her age.

As she drew close to the shore the barking of the sea lions comforted her. She was not physically alone anymore, though these things were not wolves they offered her at the very least tolerable company.
Nerian wandering to the shore and rubbed herself against a rock as a cat might rub against something, for the barest moment the action soothed her heated skin but then it only seemed to make her hotter. She tried again to rub her body along the rocks over and over getting a meager sense of relief but trading it for more hassle later.

Growling she stalked into the water hoping the cool salty waters would douse her flame. She closed her eyes and ahhed as she finally released the urine she had been holding back for so long under the waters surface. Males would track her by scent alone but the biggest marker for a female in season was her urine. After a few moments of allowing the waves to wash over her, she dunked her head below the surface and then came up for air giving herself a shake earning a yelp from a close by sea lion. Whom came to investigate her.

“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The marred female made it her job to familiarize herself with the sea. Though she lived nearby an ocean, she did not frequent it often, mainly because of the pack that resided there. The Frenchwoman wondered if that pack had disbanded. She remembered them being quite unorganized and aggressive. It wouldn't surprise her if someone took over, they disappated or they were destroyed during the wars that went on constantly. The black she-wolf shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts. Her pregnancy made her prone to thinking back to the past she was taken away from a long time ago. Erika no longer mourned it, she simply let herself be taken back to those old times.

She hadn't even realized how far she was walking until she pulled herself out of her nostaliga. The barking of the strange creatures called sea lions filled her ears just as much as the seagulls who flew around the Isle. The ocean was never quiet it seemed.

She took the time to stare at one of the large, noisy creatures, who returned the stare with intelligent eyes and barked at her, rearing up on its hind flippers and clapping its front ones together. The Frenchwoman laughed at the spectacle. Ces créatures amusantes, she thought as she wandered towards the waters, passing large rocks on the way. Some of these rocks had sea lions perched on them, basking in the sun. Erika neared one of them, wondering if she could climb onto it like them when she smelled a strong, pungent odor. Un loup dans la chaleur?

A splash caught her attention and she walked towards the sound, wondering if it was the wolf in question. Sure enough it was, a female bringing her head out of the water and shaking herself. Erika barked softly, nearing the female. "Bonjour, mademoiselle." she said softly.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian froze her skin crawled when she heard the voice, she didn't want to beat the hell out of a male wolf, she was a petite female and could not likely hold her own against an aggressive male.

She closed her eyes and washed all emotion from her body and face before turning to face the other wolf who's voice and presence took over everything even the sounds of the mass of sea-lions

she let out a breath seeing it was female but then fear took her heart again she had heard stories of female coming and dragging off other females and bringing them home to their males in order to breed in place of themselves for what ever reason, maybe infertility. Nerian waited for the other wolves next action her fears or anything else hidden below a well-hone mask of neutral expression

It was then she realized the language the female, spoke he knew it, not well mind you but she knew it, she had to be versed in all languages for her priestess hood. Bonjour mademoiselle à quoi dois-je l'honneur de voter présence

“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
@Nerian you could use this code to translate the words: <*span title="English translation">"other language (french)" (without the asterisk) and when you scroll over the words, the english translation will appear. :) I do that for my posts.

Erika smiled when she heard the female speak in her own language. A Frenchwoman? Here? Or, at least someone who spoke French? The black female felt a lot more comfortable now, even though this female who could possibly be from that rival pack Horizon Ridge, or as they were called now, Stavanger Bay. "Vous parlez français? Êtes-vous vous-même français ou savez-vous juste il?" She looked the female over. She was small and petite, almost like Erika when she wasn't overly skinny from her long travels.

"Néanmoins, il me rend heureux de rencontrer quelqu'un d'autre qui parle ma langue. Mon nom est Erika de les Fantômes. Je suis de Wheeling Gull Isle." The black female sniffed the wolf, trying to identify her scent underneath all of her hormones. "Quel est votre nom mademoiselle? Êtes-vous de Stavanger Bay?"
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian took offence that this wolf thought her merely from stranger bay, she was not just a pack wolf she was a priestess from Northumbria. But this was not something to take offence to it was merely the culture of these heathens was she quicker to anger because of this 'heat' thing that she was going through.

Nerian's neutral expression did not allow any of her frustration to slip out Nerian just nodded her head Je suis Nerian je suis bel et bien partie de l'habitation pack à Stavanger Bay.

Water dripped from the bottom of her muzzle as a strong wave slapped against her chest. Nerian looked out into the ocean then back at the female, regarding the females wounds she accepted them and and did not inquire upon them, the past was not she wanted to dwell upon right now. ce qui vous amène ici à la sea lion shores?

236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

She shook her head slightly as a wave hit the both of them. The salt water got into her mouth a bit, causing her to spit the foul tasting liquid out in disgust. How the sea lions tolerated the water was lost to her. "J'essaie simplement pour s'habituer à l'océan. Je ne suis pas habitué à vivre si près de la mer."

Taking in the musk of Neiran, she made inferences. Maybe she wanted to get away from the males, vying for her attention back in Stavanger Bay, if there were any. Or, perhaps she just wanted to be alone as she went through her cycles. "Et vous? Essayant de se débarasser?"

169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Tears welled up behind Nerian's eyes, burning them, though the tears did not fall from them. Nerian shook her head no... yes... She huffed and stared down into the water

J'étais juste solidement mis à ma place, je suppose que je suis ici à bouder. She could not explain to the french maiden that was she a slave and should have behaved better, Should not have asked what she had of her master.

Nerian glared her reflection and saw a worthless wolf, Nerian snapped at the water and was rewarded with a wave slapping her in the face Bah! she snarled in disgust and tried to flick the salty water from her mouth with her tongue as she looked around at anything by erica, whom just bore witness to the tantrum of this normally stoic wolfess. Her cycle having stripped any any control she thought she had over her emotions.

Nerian stared at a near by sea lion, if she thought they would taste any good she'd take out her frustration on hunting them. But those things were hulking brutes and could probably put a femme as small as her down in a flash.

236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

Her ears pressed back when Nerian's eyes welled with tears. What has she done? She didn't mean to make her cry. Inside she felt guilt welling up in her chest. But the marred female pushed it aside. She did not say anything inherently mean to her. If something bad happened to Nerian, then it wasn't her own fault.

"Je vois." Erika jumped back as a wave hit them again, though Nerian was subject to its full blow. "Nous devrions peut-être passer à la terre plus sec?" She offered, hoping to calm the flustered female a little. The ocean was indeed a bitch sometimes.

169 Posts
Ooc — Kris
I don't have time to do the html or translation, I may come back and re-edit later but for now this will have to do, sorry

Nerian shook her head, lifting it above the next wave, slipping accidentally into the common tongue No! I need to stay here until my heat is done. I will not let a male touch me, perhaps if I befriend these damned sea lions they'll help protect me Nerian was a slave and had been left by her master in a situation in which she was used and abused, she knew full well what males could be like and she was not about to take a chance.

Nerian sighed not wanting the female to go either so she offered a little more conversation, hoping to draw more time. The sea is a wonderful place to live -- if you can get used to the sound, but once you are used to the sound, then no other place will do. It's a catch 22 I believe. Do you think you are getting used to it?

236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

She, unknowingly, had the opposite experience compared to Nerian. When her face was scarred by acid, men shunned her. Everyone shunned her, in fact. Like Jinx when she was first accepted into Silvertip, many thought she was cursed, or sick in some way. She was perfectly healthy, most of the time. But if Nerian thought it best to stay away from the pack, then she had every right to.

"Non, not really." She admitted. While she loved sleeping with Majesty at night in their den by the sea, she couldn't get used to it. "For me, it iz still too loud. I guess zat in a while, I shall finally get used to ze noise." Erika was used to the tranquil silence of a forest, not the constant drumming of the sea. She couldn't adapt to it as quickly as Nerian did.

169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian winced realizing she had given up on the female's native tongue and in turn so had she. Needing practice Nerian decided to use it again, not many other wolves would know the language fluently so she'd feel more comfortable telling her story.

À vrai dire, j'ai été élevé près de la mer, je ne pouvais pas penser vivre ailleurs. Mais maintenant, je suis un esclave, pris de mon pays natal. Afin de sauver mon âme J'ai besoin de mon maître pour enlever ce titre de moi. Mon maître ne demande pas beaucoup de moi, mais il ne veut pas me donner ce que je demande pour les deux. She had asked for two different things and both things had been denied her. Leaving her to live in the state of what very well must be purgatory.