The Tangle dog heaven is squirrel hell
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Private 

As much of an effort as she tried to stay in Drageda, she has to break away some. Moving is in her bones. She can’t deny it but she can promise to come home, so long as she can keep her anxiety intact when around a certain fiery mother.

The Tangle she decides to visit first. It is just as overgrown as she remembers, perhaps even more in new ways. Her typical paths have things in the way that would surprise someone for growing so fast but the territory has a mind of its own and she’s never been one to intervene with the true nature of things. Mallaidh follows a familiar path with a bit more trouble, with burrs and twigs in her fur by the time she comes out on the other side.

Pale green eyes look up, rays of light breaking through the first dying leaves of fall. Something tells her no one else has been here since she last visited but she can’t say for certain. It makes her feel better to think so. As she settles in the small clear, she begins to pluck out the unpleasant foliage embedded in her fur.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
it felt unnatural to stay in one place. saarthal wasn't quite sure why given that she'd pretty much spent the entire first year of her life in one place but now...it was just strange. almost unnatural. a persistent itching sensation crawled down her pelt, digging and scratching until she was on the verge of tearing herself apart to get it out. and she was bored. immensely bored. pack life was full of things to do, sure, but it still left her infinitely bored.

saarthal found herself wandering. absentmindedly, at first, but when she caught a whiff of a too-familiar scent, she perked up and began tracking down her trail. it didn't take long and soon, the ashy girl caught sight of her friend, alone and doing..god knows what. "mallaidh!" saarthal whispered-yelled, as if afraid of getting caught. a lopsided grin tugged at the corner of her lips and she scurried closer, aiming to plant a kiss on mallaidh's crown. "what're you up to?"
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The thing about the tangle is it isn’t that easy to get through and as she hears another in the distance, getting louder every few seconds, Mallaidh’s fur bristles in anticipation. Her head turns, nose lifting to the air as she tries to scent through everything around her but seeing Saarthal’s face gives her a big of relief. Her tail swishes behind her as her friend makes her way through.

Mallaidh smiles and lowers her head to allow her closer. “I used to come here a lot. It’s kinda annoying to get through but once you figure it out it’s not too bad. This spot has a good view of the night sky, kinda like your spot on the plateau,” she tells her, leaning in to bump Saarthal’s shoulder and then points with her nose for her to follow. There’s a good spot where the limbs don’t touch and the others have died back and fallen to the ground. A view of the clear, bright sky that’s better viewed for the night.

“I know this isn’t… what you really want but I’m really glad you’re here,” she adds, lowering her gaze and bumping her nose against her muzzle.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes