Lost Creek Hollow You are one of them, everything but femme
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
The move had done little to discourage Malice in any way, despite the loss of a great view whenever high enough upon the mountains. Her son had come with, what more could she ask for? Besides, it wasn't so bad with these wolves. Sure, their former home caused some trouble, but it wasn't anyone's fault really and they had solved the problem in no time!

The widow made her way through their new home, still getting accustomed to the different air and territory. It would probably take some time for her to get used to yet another home to get attached to, but with the help of the others the senior would be just fine. Speaking of which, where was everyone?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
It had taken very little time for Nunataq to settle down in their new home. She run by the mantra "new is always better". Therefore, once it was clear the this move was a permanent one, she set out to explore on her own. With so much novelty around, it was hard to decide, what to do first and what to leave for later, therefore she did the mistake of attempting to juggle all too much in one take. Meaning that she could easily start doing one thing and then switch to the other, forgetting the first until later.

But the most amazing change was the people - they were new, they were not sad, they were normal and easy to be around. Here, safe from the dark cloud looming on the horizon, she lost her moodiness and became a child again. Happy, curious and having not a care in the world. She had stolen a shinbone, which still had some meat on it, and was working with it diligently, when she noticed an older lady approaching. Nuna sprang to her feet the next instant and with the bone still in her jaws sauntered towards the she-wolf, tail wagging happily and with an inquisitive look in her features.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice simply adored puppies. Though only recently having become a fan of the little furballs, her love for children was deep and gentle. She had generally become far more gentle after having her own two sons and sharing her love with her family. So, that she loved the little russet and brown bab with a bone upon first glance did not come unexpectedly.

Though not nearly as tiny and helpless as younger puppies, the masked pupper had already won Malice over completely and the gentle giant bowed down a little to greet the other. What do you have there? She asked with a smile, her own chocolate tail swinging in the cold breeze.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
Malice greeted Nunataq warmly and, if that was even possible with the bone in her mouth, her grin grew even wider. She sniffed the older she-wolf's muzzle, moved to the side, but here the toy she did not even plan of letting out of her grasp hindered her progress. Therefore she took a step to the side, wagged her tail a little in apology and walked around the lady to have a good look at her from all sides.

With primary inspection done, Nuna returned to sit in front of the lady, swayed her tail a few times and then finally put the bone down right next to her forepaws. Some contemplative seconds later, she retreated from her prized possession, as if giving a permission to the other to take a look at it.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She mimicked the child by sniffing the other right back, careful not to come too close to the prize she held between her teeth. She didn't want to make it seem like she wanted the toy for herself, so she moved back a little before the girl went to circle around her. Malice's sunny eyes followed her, head turning as far as it could until they ended up in the same position as before.

When the bone was ready for inspection, Malice bent down to look at it. It wasn't anything special for her, but it must mean a great deal to a young wolf. Very nice. She commented with an enthusiastic nod or two, before pushing it back with her own nose.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
While Malice took a closer look at Nunataq's prized possession, the proud owner crouched to the ground and with a predatory glint in her eyes waited for the right moment to leap forward and retrieve her toy. For some reason most people thought that, when she allowed them to sniff and see her toys, they were automatically entitled to take it away. In the beginning it had been a fierce battle for then loaf-sized brown puppy, now, however, it had evolved into a cunning game, where she found joy not only in retrieving her stuff, but also scare the other person.

However, the she-wolf pushed the bone back right before Nuna had reached 3, 2, 1 in the countdown. This left her baffled, but she still lunged after the bone, picked it up and returned to her earlier spot, now giving the old lady a contemplative look.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She watched the small predator, not expecting what would come next. The young'un pounced to retrieve the bone Malice had almost returned, and both of them were left a little baffled apparently. Wide, yellow eyes watched as the child retreated, never losing sight of her, and the widow tilted her head in question.

What's wrong? Did you want to play? She asked, not even having noticed the child hadn't spoken a word since their meeting. Perhaps the girl was just a little shy.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
Though the old, kind lady had not lived up to Nunataq's expectations, she was willing to give her a second chance. Especially since she still seemed to hold interest in her and was neither annoyed or in a hurry to leave, what characterized most of the adults the teenager encountered lately.

Therefore she tossed the bone in the air and let it fall on the ground again, then crouched down, putting her head between her outstretched paws with her gaze traveling from the older she-wolf and back to the bone, waiting for her to make a move so that Nuna could act accordingly as well. She was like a kitten waiting for the cat-toy to be jingled around.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The answer to her question came shortly after. The girl tossed her priced possession and, as it landed between the two, took on a playful stance. Malice's old and weary back bent as she copied this position, chocolate tail waving like a flag in the air.

It was then that her creaky body unfurled as she lunged for the bone, awaiting the small girl's reaction with a gentle smile.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
If Nunataq happened to live as long as to experience old age (her player intends so, but thinks that the girl will be crazy energy ball even in advanced years), she would understand, while the chocolate pelted female was slower to reply to the invite and more deliberate in her movements. Since the young girl could not possibly imagine herself in Malice's place, the slight impatience with the other's slowness was written accross her features. But it disappeared, when the adult surprised her by being very quick at lunging at her bone. Nuna's eyes lit up in happiness, she did the same a second later and got a close hold on one end of the bone as well and tugged, adding a supposedly fearsome (but well-meant) growl to her endeavour.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her teeth found the other end of the girl's bone and she chomped down with only a part of her strength. This was an unfair fight had it been a real one, but it was merely for fun and the old widow did not want the child to feel less than the adults. She hated being babied and treated as a child, even though she had been, so an adult coming down to play with her (and let her win, of course) was always a good time. She wanted to provide the little girl with her bone that same experience.

A playful growl escaped her throat as she gently tugged and resisted, paws only loosely placed on the ground as to not pull the entirety of their game towards her accidentally. But she didn't want their game ending yet, because winning was never that easy and she feared the child might think she was mocking her.
~Adopt Avalon!~

Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
Nunataq was not overly picky, when it came to playing games and sticking to the rules. She would have taken, whatever Malice would have given her - be it an unevenly matched tug-o-war or the adult letting the teenager win easily. If we compare the game to a cake, then victory was just a cherry on top, which did not change the overall quality of the baked good.

But - maybe - Malice should not have underestimated the zeal of the brown cub, because she tugged with all her might, kicking up dirt, as her paws dug in the ground, growling and splattering sticky saliva everywhere, when she either jerked or shook (whichever was convenient at that given moment) her head in another attempt to free the bone from her opponent's grasp.

Were Nuna to succeed, she would fall backwards and lose the grip on the bone anyway.

They would have played a little longer, were it not for Indra, who called Nunataq for lunch.