Sun Mote Copse Wheat Kings
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Corinna

Having been accepted into his new pack- the Firebirds- by Wifi, Fluke sought to put himself to good use. He'd gone around the borders with her, but knew that it would take him some time to memorize excactly where they were meant to be. When the sun rose on his second day as a member of the fledgeling pack, he woke and went to perform a patrol. It made him a bit nervous, thinking about coming across a stranger and having to explain about the pack, and possibly fend them off. He wasn't afraid of meeting new wolves- he was a very social creature, after all- but he did not like the idea of having to fight anyone off if they decided to challenge him. 

Still, he said he would do his best- and he would indeed do just that. He set off on a border patrol, meandering this way and that and doing his best to stick to the route that Wildfire had showed him the day before- but with the several inches of snow that had fallen the night before, it wasn't easy. Sometimes he recognized a particular tree or area, but other times he had to rely only on his sense of smell to guide him along and keep him from inadvertantly changing the size of their borders.
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
corinna was not afraid to throw down, but she was not a wolf of violence. she was cunning and stealthy and would get what she wanted through other means. so when finbar crossed her path today, he needn't worry.

her pale gaze settled upon him immediately, assessing him from a distance as nothing but a thick-furred (or bodied) male with a soft gaze. he looked friendly enough, and so corinna opted not to avoid him. better make nice with the locals anyhow. she called out in a bell-like bark, her tail waving and a pale paw pressed up against her chest as she stood misstep. she didn't speak right away, but her bright expression suggested she was well open to a conversation.
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
Having been fairly concentrated on finding Wildfire's tracks from the day before by scent alone, his head had been down- and he didn't really notice the female heading toward him until he heard her footsteps crunching lightly on the snow. At that moment, of course, he'd been in the process of renewing a mark and hastily did his best to stop marking mid-stream; he had some sense of modesty, after all. The look of surprise on his face was likely priceless and he blushed heavily beneath his dark fur at the mere sight of her. She looked plenty friendly, and called out to him with a sweet, ringing voice. Oh bother. He was going to have to do this, wasn't he? Talk to the pretty girl?

He set his hind leg down and trailed toward her, his tail sweeping from side to side behind him. The way she even posed as she paused was so proper and posh, and oh damnit, why did he have to look the way he did? He did his best, when he came to a halt, to suck in his gut and pull his rounded shoulders back a bit, but not much could be done to hide the rolls of fat that blanketed his frame. When he smiled, his ample cheeks made happy little lines beneath his jade green eyes, and in that way, he was quite becoming. 

"Well hi there, miss," He said, not really sure how to meet someone like this; she had an air of royalty about her, even though he was fairly sure she wasn't a part of Wildfire's council. "I'm Fluke Finchley, uhm...Guardian of the Firebirds. We've recently claimed this...Sun Mote Copse," He said, only vaguely aware that he was trying to speak with as deep a voice as possible, though it was quite obvious it was put on. "Do you, uhm," He said, inhaling slightly, and finally exhaling, with a soft chuckle that made his belly jiggle. "I'm not much good at this. Do you live here?"
fierce.
75 Posts
Ooc —
"what a name," corinna teased in a friendly manner, her pale gaze glinting as she looked him down. all in good jest, corinna thought his nervous demeanor was endearing -- to a fault, anyway. she had no use for uncertainty herself. 

"my name's corinna, i do live here, as a matter of fact," she returned with a flick of an ear, still studying him with interest, "i see you take your duties quite seriously." she nodded to the invisible line to their side, tail swaying. 

this post sucks i am soooo sorry ah
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
Fluke smiled shyly when he caught the teasing tone to her voice. He'd learned, after being teased for his childhood years, to simply let it roll off his shoulders as much as possible and to go along with whatever his packmates had decided to pick on him for. That didn't necessarily make it any easier for him, for sure, but at least it made it less likely that they would continue if he didn't get all riled up. So to her response he nodded along, a faint smile on his lips. "Yeh. Guess my parents were a bit long-winded," He said, though he didn't necessarily enjoy talking bad about other wolves, either. 

Fortunately for him, Corinna belonged in the area, so he let out a sigh of relief. "I'm not much of a guardian, to be honest," He admitted. "I don't mind patrolling, as long as I don't have to go too fast, but I don't think I'd be very good if someone mean came along, heh," He said.