Stavanger Bay saltwater running through my veins
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Private 
Spar with the lovely @Saucy
(short, sorry, but I had to get it done before I left the house)

It was early in the morning and the seagulls were only just beginning to boast their throaty harping into the stillness of dawn. If there had been a lighthouse, its beam of light would no doubt have casted a fragile glow across the dark depths of the water boiling just out of the sun's reach. Moments like these were Embry's favorite; when the world lay open and vulnerable to his steady gaze. He could stare across the expanse of sapphire blue for ages and have no regrets. 

The large male's fur of chocolately browns and creamy whites was subdued in the half-light to a blend of shadowy ochres.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
i’m feelin yummy head to toe
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
It’s perfect <3

The crack of dawn was like a spark to her- every morning the light seeped past her eyelids and lit her heart ablaze before she’d even woken from her slumber. In other words; the warrior was a morning person. Down from her den to the sea, a snaking path past bone tree and winter snow to the cold, wind tossed beach. She walked with her paws lightly on the sand, so as not to crunch in and feel the frigid sting of snowy grain. She thought about going out on patrol, as she usually did in her morning fits, but when she saw a chocolatey male she decided on a different outlet.

She jogged towards him, then stopped and stood with her tail up above her. She’d never met this male before, but she could tell he was one of them. Wanna spar? she asked through her breath and a cocky smile, not wasting any time for introduction. She was hyped up on that cool morning air, and besides, what better way than to get to know a new pack mate than by sparring with them?
[Image: 7_B392884-7_C60-4896-_B136-_B7357_E3_F4_DB9.gif] - 3/10
*Saucy uses profanity! If this bothers you just let me know!
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
well, thank ye :)

Embry had heard the female before she had addressed him, but he could not bring himself to peel away his gaze from that horizon. So, he remained planted until she drew near enough that it would be particularly impolite not to acknowledge her; a time in which he stood and faced her with a light smile in greeting. He could tell that this was a familiar routine for the she, and for a moment he felt as though perhaps he had intruded. In truth, he was still getting accustomed to having a pack and being welcome to other wolves.

Nevertheless, he was extremely pleased to have the opportunity to meet fellow members of Stormrift. The fact that she wanted to spar made this feel almost like that of a dream. There was no better setting, and this fae was no less suiting for the scene.

"It depends." He grinned and stretched out his back; tawny pelt rippling. "If I win, will you tell me what they call you here?" 
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Saucy grinned at his comeback, he seemed like fun guy already. Stormrift has proved to not only have fantastic existing members, but also attracted them. She bared her pearly white teeth, Sounds fair, but when I win you have to catch me a fish, she replied- go big or go home. She moved into an attack position, ready to begin with her icy eyes sizing up her sparring partner. He was big, she was a mere average sized wolf though her body was athletic and muscular. Still, she might need to rely on more than brute force in this battle.

With a growl, she darted forwards, light on her feet, and attempted to reach her teeth around to grab his scruff.
rolled a 2 so this is a miss I believe
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Didn't choose Stormrift for nothin' :D
Also, rolled a miss

Embry chuckled, furrowing his brow in mock reproach at her response. She was a sharp one, he surmised, but perhaps the trait would not carry over to her skills as a warrior. As she advanced, he took note of her slightly masculine manner of movement; a factor that further impressed her lethality. Her icy blue gaze was scanning him, as well, and he couldn't help but draw himself up to his full height. His coat, though sleek around the legs and torso, was (floofy) around the upper extremities of his neck and ears. He was always likened to that of a bear by his siblings. 

As soon as she darted for him, he lunged for the ground just to her left, where she had formerly stood. The intent was to leave them in the same position, but reversed. He gave her a playful swipe as he moved, batting her ear but otherwise making no true attack, before landing a few paces away. 

"I think the only fish I'll be catching today is you," he smirked. "And, to be honest, I'm a little offended. You didn't care to know my name?" 
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
ok first off thank you for ignoring my TYPO! Second , this attack is a hit :”)

Saucy’s attack was evaded, not blocked, something she hadn’t expected, and in response to it she was given a meager swipe. What was he doing? Playing? Saucy loved playing games but this was no game to her, this was a spar. She was all about winning, and he was getting nowhere by simply swiping at her ear with his paw. She whirled around, teeth bared in a snarl as she tried to figure out what he was playing at. Another coy remark from him, she squinted and smirked. 

I don’t need to know your name, I’ll probably come up with a nickname for you in a second anyway, she jeered, all the while formulating a new attack in her head. This time she charged at him, reared up and brought her full force down on his shoulder, teeth aimed for his nape again. He could play if he wanted to, but she was here to take him down.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
no worries, I've done worse XD
haha, it cracked me up! I needed that, to be honest.
and crap, I would've given anything for a hit there!

When she narrowed her eyes, the message was clear: play-time was over. Embry lowered his snout, which he had before carried quite high (and not without a hint of feigned haughtiness). A nickname, eh? He liked the sound of that. Two could play at that game.

He was caught off guard by her full-on charge, having anticipated her to - like most wolves of her lithe stature - make sport of her swift build and slip in and out of the attack; always one step ahead. Now, however, she was at least four steps ahead of him. He chided himself for that fault of overthinking, and made a mental tag not to jump to such hasty conclusions. 

The pearly, white female was on him in a blur, pummeling into his shoulder as he watched in utter surprise. For being so much smaller than he, she managed to pack a punch. The force of the blow was enough to cause him to stagger, rolling in an attempt to absorb the momentum but wincing all the same. Well, that's gonna hurt in the morning, he thought with dry humor. 

There she was again, trying to find his nape. He had no choice now but to take the defensive, and so, abandoning his former hopes for dealing a blow, he employed his second-best strategy: going with the flow. He exhaled so as to make sure his lungs were safe from getting the air knocked out of them, before the strength of the female combined with his own muscular pumping of the legs sent him reeling backwards.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
<3 this attack is a miss

Absolute satisfaction for the Amazonian warrior was landing a successful hit. She reached that when her charge met her mark, he seemed hardly prepared for it and he staggered back a few steps. She took his shock and moment of pain as the perfect opportunity to grab his scruff and thrust him down. She didn’t manage to push him to the ground and end it there as she’d hoped, but her strength was enough to send him backwards again.

She paused only for a moment to shake out her fur, a quick grin lighting her face as she looked at him. She didn’t want to give him enough time to recover, so she swiped at his head, hoping to jar him some more.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Oh, it's ON! Hit!

The two stood there in a rare moment of inaction, flanks heaving as they exchanged exuberant grins. His pale blue gaze glinted with the rush of the fight. The moment was brief, but it was enough to keep Embry on his guard. There was no better sign of cunning than a wolf who knew when to let emotions leak.

Sure enough, she swiped at his head. Fortunately for Embry, he had been ready, and ducked just in time. Seeing as she was in the perfect position to get a good blow in at the chest, he followed the motion by ramming his head forwards. His nose plunged into her ivory fur, clouding his vision in a fog of the silken snow. The course was set so that, moving as it would from a lower to higher point, he might be able to carry the majority of the weight to his shoulders and maybe even lift the girl from at least her front feet. The move was more of a stunner, and intended for usage as a shift into the offensive.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
right back at u babe with another hit!

The coffee furred male was faster and (smarter) than he first looked, and he dodged her swipe with ease. He ducked under her then rammed up at her chest, Saucy didn’t have time to maneuver around this and the impact knocked the air out of her. A grunt escaped her maw as she was lifted up, stunned for a moment and almost falling. He’d landed a hard blow but Saucy was far from done. The air quickly vacuumed back into her lungs with heavy breath, and she focused on keeping her hind legs at least grounded.

Once she’d secured her footing, the girl slammed her front legs onto Embry’s back, and bore all her strength on top of him. He’d certainly put himself in this position, and while she was still slightly winded her muscles made easy work of pushing him down.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
this is getting intense 0-0 
oh, yeah, and HIT by the way! muahaha

Embry was pleased at having his intentions successfully executed, but the exultation was short-lived. His opponent had managed to keep her footing - a (literally) pivotal factor in these kinds of ordeals - and she was recovering at record-breaking speed from that (literally... again) hearty jab. 

He had been certain she would recoil, or maybe even make for his nape by dint of the old squirrel attack; meaning she would fly over him like a little, rabid beast. Thus, he was not prepared for his snout to be mashed into the sandy ground below. One moment, plush white fur, and now, mouthfuls of gritty beach dust. He snorted as the grains tickled his nose; grunting beneath the female's surprising surplus of thew. Lucky for him, he had a few more tricks up his sleeve. 

Embry strained against the girl's force just enough to enable himself a gentle nip at her exposed underbelly, hoping it would throw her off enough that he might recoil and make an exit from that poor position in which he was cornered.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
yeah haha, I’m having fun with them! And now a miss for saucy

Saucy couldn’t help but let out a hum of satisfaction when her opponent’s snout met the sand beneath them. The next step would be to grab his scruff and hold him there, to force him into submission, but something caught her wildly off guard. Was he... tickling her? Well whatever he was doing, it was sudden and a little painful. A somewhat giggle somewhat growl escaped her, and she backed off quickly. Dude, she said, her determined expression broke into a smile, that tickled.

Saucy took this moment to breathe now. They both needed it, they were well matched in skill, and had each delivered pretty decisive blows. Saucy wouldn’t be the next to accomplish that however, she would take this time to regroup, trying to catch her breath while also being slightly vulnerable.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
same but oof that was a bit audacious for Embry there XD
and BOOM, yet another h i t (the dice gods are in my favor)

Embry withdrew as soon as she retreated, kicking up sand in his haste. By now the sun was casting a warm, mellow glow across the golden shore. Its gentle rays seemed to embrace him; inspiring a new surge of energy despite his heaving flanks. 

He nodded vigorously - breathless - and caught her gaze.

"Seems effective," he stammered, returning her smile. "Perhaps I should use it more often..." Good. He hadn't wanted to hurt her.

This was probably the most fun he had experienced in a while, as his swaying tail implied. The wind was picking up now, and specks of sand were thrusted feebly against his buffeted flank. With his opponent still recovering, Embry knew this would be the perfect time to take the offensive.

He targeted his eyes directly on her hip. This was a ploy of his that Embry found quite useful; misdirection. The she would anticipate his trajectory and direct herself accordingly. Thus, she would be in the perfect position for him to wrap his arms around her upper extremity, and tackle her to the ground.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
the dice gods did not hear my prayers >:””( another miss

Saucy snorted at his reply, Sure, if you want me to die from laughter it’s a great move, she teased, tail flicking playfully. But then she was all game face again, snapping back into the present and ready to take him down. Unfortunately this distraction must’ve thrown her off, (yeah that’s what saucy decided) because she didn’t see his misdirection coming and he successfully tackled her to the ground. She snarled when she collided with the sand, and snapped her teeth at whatever of him was closest, hoping to pull him down too. However the sand she’s stirred up obscured her vision and she only bit the air.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Yeah my luck ran out, too :(
Miss

Embry felt a rush of adrenaline when he managed to pull the tackle off. She went down like a tiger; fighting and wrestling beneath his grasp. Somehow, he evaded the more painful of her attempts.

"I wouldn't exactly want you to go about dying, here," he riposted. "But if it meant I won..."

He didn't exactly know what to do at this point, though. He could try and pin her til she submit, but, if we're being real honest here, who really believed this girl would just... give up? Not Embry. She had way too much fight left in her at this point.

So, he just remained there, trying to get a hold of the thrashing fish that was his opponent.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
a hit for the sauce!

This time the male’s words were lost amongst the racket that she was making, and the intense thought process going on inside her head. She wasn’t losing here, no way. He tried to keep her down but she continued to thrash and thrash until finally she got a hold of some part of him, and yanked. It was some skin at his shoulder blades, and though she didn’t pull or bite hard enough to truly hurt him, she was able to pull him down into the sand with her.

From there the lioness moved quickly and scrambled to her feet, though she refused to let go of him to let him rise just yet.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
good game! well played, but we all knew Embry would win *wink wink*

Embry had had enough of this. He wasn't about to let this feisty girl get the upper(paw?). No, not even when she found a nice hold between his shoulders and yanked him down. 

He jerked himself out of her grasp; manuevering from a situation that would have only contributed to her cause. The two squirming on the sand was comedic in retrospect. They must have looked like some form of beached sea-creatures. 

As soon as he was free, Embry rolled over and attempted another pin. This time, though, his goal was to force her into submission. So, he found a good hold at the top of her head with his teeth and, with his paws pressing against her back, wrenched her into a position that she would sooner or later have to escape. He had certainly never been in a spot like this before, and, awkward though it was, it would get the job done if nothing else.
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
gg! Also I apologize for saucy in advance <3

The two wolves were a blur of white and browns, tussling over and under each other trying to get the upper hand. It looked like Saucy was winning for a moment, and that’s when she got cocky. Her dumb ego let her guard slip, or more, let Embry slip out of her grasp. She snapped after him trying to regain hold and pin him down, but he rolled over and was somehow able to grab her instead. A ferocious burn kindled inside of her as she realized that she was losing. How could this be possible? Not when she had basically won the fight?!

He had her down, he was fully positioned over her and no amount of struggling would get him off. He was a whale of a wolf after all. Fuck you! she snarled, wriggling her body to try and urge him off. Fine you win mother fucker, she snapped reluctantly, lips still curled. Now let me up before I kick you in the balls, she said, letting out her frustrations verbally rather than physically. And oh boy was she frustrated.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry's cerulean gaze was filled with mirth as he looked down at the writhing girl beneath him. She was trying so hard, and he had to admit that - even though he was a brute of a wolf - she was giving him some trouble. He would have liked to bask in the glory of this moment, but when she spoke her words were extremely convincing.

He backed up after a few more seconds, checking to make sure that, indeed, he still had his balls (you just never knew in spars like these). Her language was vulgar and Embry, though at first discomfited, soon found it quite entertaining. She was a competitive one, and he didn't blame her for that. Plus, she hadn't done anything tangible, so that was a bonus.

"Hey, I'm not a fucking mother fucker," he snapped, though he was just being nettlesome. He had a teasing grin on his maw that reached his blue eyes. "And I believe you're the one who just got fucked." 
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Her final words seemed to spook him off of her, and she scrambled out quickly, hopping from foot to foot with all the anxious energy. He replied to her with a taste of her own medicine, and though she was still frustrated she couldn’t help but crack a little smile. It was always good to know she had friends, this exchange of vulgar words was like the confirmation code for their relationship. 

And I believe you were the one who just got fucked, he said, causing Saucy’s eyebrows to raise. She leaned forwards in a teasing manner, and snapped her teeth as she replied slowly and mockingly, You. Wish. The lioness then turned, raised her head and her tail, and strutted away with her pride in tact. This was only a playful display, not really an exit and she glanced over her should to see what he would do. She hoped he would follow, though would play it off coolly if he did.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
The sun had officially made its grand entrance, and with it came a brilliant canopy of sapphire and tangerine hue. Embry gazed out across the waves in awe of its striking luster. It was, after all, his first morning back on the seashore. How wonderful it had already proved to be. 

You. Wish. Embry chuckled; his tail a pendulum as it brushed amicably against the sand. The words were deliberately unhurried, and they seemed to play around his ears. His hazel coat was cast into a honey ochre in the complete radiance of morning.

Embry's blue gaze marched steadily ahead, following the pearly-white she now herself aglow upon the flushed shore. It was then that he noticed the subtle markings upon her tail. 

"Well, where are you going?" He called, his voice fruity now that he was granted a clip of air. A slight chill had fallen upon the beach - he supposed there was snow in the Sentinels - and his breath was illuminated in the sun-dappled air. 

He made short work of the distance, loping along with a sense of liberty at the absence of those god-forsaken trees he had for so long coped with back at the glen. His great, nut-brown coat followed the movement with a gentle sway. All the while, his gaze remained locked on this girl; devious but not incorrect in her assumption that he might follow. 

He nudged her with a broad shoulder as he drew close, matching his pace evenly. "I thought we had a deal, now." 
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
Just as Saucy hoped, the man hurried up to walk by her side. As he did she returned her gaze to the beach ahead of them, which had suddenly illuminated with the light of morning. Saucy closed her eyes and baked, the warmth radiating through her thick ivory pelt and to her skin. It was a strangely warm day, but she had no complaints. Her icy eyes squinted open to steal a peek at her partner, and found him to be glowing too. He was pretty handsome... but Saucy was done with boys so whatever. It was just an observation.

He asked where they were going, and Saucy shrugged. I, she said, stressing that bit, am going to get a snack, you can come if you want. I’m allowing you, she said with a hmph, enjoying teasing him. He nudged her side, Saucy returned it but in a harder more rambunctious manner. She put some thought into his whole deal thing, then replied, Oh right our deal, ok umm you can call me the queen of the beach, and I’ll call you the fool, she said with a playful grin shot in his direction.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Classic Saucy XD

Though she appeared to look willfully ahead, Embry felt for a moment that she glanced over at him, and he struggled not to meet the woman's gaze. Instead, he kept his face angled upon his paws and the shining sands. He wasn't quite certain what to do with himself now that they were on more peaceful terms. In truth, he found combat to be a much more sociable reprieve. A nice stroll on the beach with this one wasn't too bad, though.

Her response made him enjoy the trek all the more. He was being allowed, ok? Certainly not accompanying or anything like that. 

"Wow, I'm so honored," he quipped, ears lowering at her little hmph. She packed a punch with that nudge, and his blue eyes widened, surprised by the sudden contact and admittedly knocked a little off-balance (he thought he had grown out of his clumsiness by now). He emit a soft growl as he righted himself.

"The fool?" he feigned offense. "But, your majesty... I could never match your skill at this role." And he chuckled even harder, returning a playful grin. As much as he wanted to hate it, he quite liked the idea of his nickname. Still, he wanted to know more about her.

"That wasn't quite the deal I was hinting at, though," he grunted. "Unless they all call you the Queen of the beach around here." Embry didn't let it leak that the name slightly annoyed him, because what it insinuated was that she would be linked to a King, and that King would not be himself. Of the beach? Perhaps, Ford? He shrugged it off and continued the teasing banter.

"Not that the alias isn't suiting, of course, but if you don't want to tell me your real name... I guess I just won't help you catch that fish for snacktime."
ϟ
213 Posts
Ooc — Zoa
To Embry’s next response about his new nickname Saucy scowled. That was a good one, her respect for him shot up tenfold. Her icy gaze finally met his, a sign of approval. It washed away moments later though, so she could continue their heartfelt chat. You’re right I’m even a better fool than you, I guess you can just be the shit pile then. Oh yeah, that’s it, she retorted, biting her tongue as she awaited his response.

He asked again about the deal, he really wanted her name, They do I swear ask Dalia, she replied, knowing that her home girl would have her back. Then the male threatened to not assist her in fishing. She didn’t know he was gonna help in the first place, since she hadn’t won the spar. Frankly, if she had offered to fish for him if he won, and she’d won, she would’ve said suck it and let him do it himself. He was the more gentlemanly of the pair for sure. 

How bout this, I’ll tell you my real name, and you catch me a fish, she said, glancing at him coyly.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Their eyes locked for a moment. He forgot to breathe. Was that - was that approval? Consent? Something about that look was so winsome that he was at a loss for any reply but a slow blink of his own cerulean gaze. And then, as a feather upon the breeze, it dissipated. 

"Shit pile?" Embry blurted, incredulous. How elastic, and... fun. "No, no, I take it back! I was just doing my job." 

They do, I swear, just ask Dalia. He raised a brow at this, but there was not a hint of doubt on his chestnut features. That's when the challenge was proposed; yet another system of bartering between them. How could he refuse? Look where it had already led him.

"You know, what?" he laughed, shaking his head. "It's worth it. You first, Queen of the beach." 
ϟ