Duck Lake ava adore
Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.
8 Posts
Ooc — hannah

Puffs of white clouds escaped his big, black button of a nose. For a fleeting moment, he was entertained by the condensed breaths, but he grew tired of it quickly. Small skies of indigo scanned across the lake, tail twitching with boredom. Although the little rock preferred solitude, eventually it becomes irritating once you become disinterested in yourself... At this point he attempted to avoid any form of thought, knowing it'll only cause an immature internal clash within his mind. Akin to two little cubs that constantly have to correct one another.

The growing scent of a pack was heartening, but he didn't care to waste his time amongst strangers that only grow into acquaintances.  Then again, he wasn't sure how much longer he could be on his lonesome, he was driving himself mad! At least not thinking at all helped him ignore the cold nipping at every inch of his body.
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
She spends much of her time near @Kavik lately, finding that his presence brings her as much comfort as it brings tension now. As much as she needs the comfort, though, she also still needs space. At least sometimes. So she finds herself wandering today, not far from the territory but far enough to ensure she has the solitude she desires — or so she thinks. A scent on the breeze calls her attention as she draws nearer to the lake's edge, and from a distance she spots the figure. For a beat she almost fears the stark stranger is Liri — but the build is too large, too masculine and marked by other colors, and she can't help but feel relieved. Still, she has little desire for interaction today; her wounds may be healing, but right now they feel fresh and raw as the day they'd been carved into her. So she only watches him from a distance with ears perked and head cocked to one side — waiting, though she cannot decide what she is waiting for.
"Common" | "French"
8 Posts
Ooc — hannah
His nose filled with the sweet smell of a wolf- a pregnant one. Halvard's stones stopped directly upon the inked dot within a blanket of winter. Without hesitation, he trotted closer, no intention in his mind other than to observe this stranger. Finally, her form became more clear. A voluptuous feminine shadow stared upon him, awaiting his arrival (or so he thought).

My, wasn't she breathtaking? Had he ever seen such an intoxicating creature? 

This was it, his angel! No longer was he to roam around in isolation and boredom. It was as though the heavens themselves had sent him a beautiful black gift. Suddenly gold rushed through his chest, spreading to his stomach and limbs, down to his tail and up to the tip of his ears. Immediately he knew no other wolf compared to her, he had seen hundreds of females but none so awe-inspiring as her. He'd known even more males, yet no one compared to her light. He wished to bask in it, dance in it, bathe in it. 

It was clear to him this was his heart, and he was determined to have it.
272 Posts
Ooc —
The man notices her after a time, and she curses herself silently for not thinking to turn away sooner. She tries to compose herself as he approaches nonetheless, determined not to flee the interaction and prove herself a coward again. She's spent enough time being weak. Yet as he approaches, something in his expression sends an unpleasant crawling sensation down her spine. He is well-kept, and attractive for a man, but some small part of her can't help but feel... repulsed. She swallows the feeling, chalking it up to her recent issues with men and reminding herself that this particular male has done nothing to her. So far. Hello, She offers, taking a few steps forward with her tail swishing slowly and doing her best to ignore the feeling that something is off.
"Common" | "French"
8 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Ah! And her voice. As sweet as honey and as enticing as a melody sung by a siren. His initial thought was to bow directly in front of her and profess his allegiance. However, Halvard, although emotionally drained enough to obsess over a stranger, was no imbecile. He knew such forward acts could cost him his heart, which in no way could he accept. So, instead, the white wolf responded as most would.  "Hello,"  He sent a tilt of the head accompanied by a welcoming smile. 

His eyes landed on her belly, her smell becoming even more intoxicating as he took it in. "Strange to see a pack wolf holding children wandering on her own,"  He pondered for a moment, if the males within her pack were so idiotic to allow such a precious being possessing even more precious cargo to stroll without supervision- well, he must take on such a role himself.  "You aren't worried, dear?"
272 Posts
Ooc —
She relaxes a little when he returns her greeting, gaze following his slowly to the subtle swell of her belly. Her pregnancy is only barely apparent in the slight curve of her abdomen, a little more obvious than it might otherwise be due to her recent weight loss. The tension returns to her almost instantly as he speaks, and she fights the urge to snap a warning. I can take care of myself, She says quietly, eyes returning to his face. Her tone is even, void of any emotion save the hint of an accusation. Why does it concern you?
"Common" | "French"
8 Posts
Ooc — hannah
She seemed defensive to his caring, which is understandable. Halvard glanced up in the air to mimic thinking, but he had already planned his words carefully in his head. His indigo eyes landed on her gaze once again and he shrugged. "I'm a humanitarian, I care for all-" he gestured his snout towards her, "including strangers." 

The pale wolf inched himself around her, pretending to look away and sneaking subtle glances at her body before turning around and locking eyes.  "Would you rather me not?"
272 Posts
Ooc —
His response draws a slight frown to her features, and as he draws closer she tenses a little. She reminds herself, with some effort, that kindness from strangers is not unheard of, and forces herself to relax. No, that's — fine, She says quietly, a little flustered by the way he's moving around her. I'm sorry, I'm... not feeling myself lately. It is true, though not quite in the way she frames it; were she feeling more herself, she might already have run the man off with teeth flashing. But she's not thinking about that now — and he likely doesn't need to know anyway.
"Common" | "French"
8 Posts
Ooc — hannah
His ears perked at her apology which he quickly had to dismiss. "No! No, I'm not in need, nor worth, your apologies, miss." Halvard gestured once more towards the girl, "You have every right to be whatever way you please, dear, I assure you of it." He flashed a comforting smile, revealing the tips of his canines and making him look a bit... foolish. 

"I'm Halvard, but you can call me Hal."  He dipped his head down as if she were a queen.
272 Posts
Ooc —
wrapping this up
She finds herself increasingly uncomfortable as the interaction drags on, eventually excusing herself to return to the Creek. As much as she enjoys the attention, something about the other wolf just seems... off. The last thing she needs in her life is more drama, more reasons to worry; she can't invite that into her children's future. So she puts the pale man out of her mind and returns to Kavik's den, resigning herself to a familiar (and safe) kind of misery.
"Common" | "French"