Barrow Fields What Do You Want From Me?
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
for @Vengeance ! takes place after this @Annaliese is welcome to pop in should she follow Alice
Her sister? Her fucking sister. Funny how when you think of family they find a way to show up, newsflash she wasn't invited. Thinking about her family did not mean she wanted to see them, she left for a reason. Although, maybe there was a reason she ran into her now...nah.

Alice rolled her eyes, not even bothering to look back to see if her younger sister had decided to trail after her. She lasted this long without family, she didn't need them now. Additionally, that meant the younger Bel should be capable of tending to herself. Now she just stalked ahead, her fiery pelt a beacon in the sprawling fields.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He had found these lands before. Quiet, secluded... lonely. Often he found himself stalking the eerie plains for some time away from Rusalka, and away from those who seemed ever so keen on challenging him in loner lands. It seemed like a storm was brewing within Rusalka, and Vengeance had to decide whether he was going to stand with them against what was to come, or take leave and find somewhere else to stay. 

Of course there was another option too. Create a gathering and make a pack of his own. He mused with certain ideas, but would there be some out there willing to follow a man such as himself?

Was it even worth the effort to put into such an idea. 

With a heavy sigh the behemoth wandered the emptiness, brilliant rubies staring into the nothingness until something caught their attention. A flash of red within the grey. Life. Someone. Someone was in here with him. Turning his course and attention to the figure in the distance, he aimed to close what was left of the acres between them. As he gained in distance, closing in on her, the man's pace slowed until stopped. Eyeing her for a moment before parting his lips to speak.

It isn't often I have company here. Curious as to what brought her here, the first he found who wasn't cowering in the dark. Something brought her here. Curious. What brings you to such a place.
105 Posts
Ooc —
It was the smell that caught her attention first. A wave of something that could only be described as unholy and perhaps death itself. The breeze passed, yet the stench grew closer along with the sound of heavy footsteps. Now Alice paused turning to see the behemoth of a man standing before her.

The sight was almost freighting at first glance as he towered above, but she refused to cower. Instead, she remained frozen, watching, waiting for his next move, and then he spoke.

"It isn't often I have company here."

Were these his lands? Surely not, she would have smelled his markers a mile away with how bad he reeked. She fought to keep her nose from wrinkling, but it was likely plain on her face that she was displeased. Who are you? She challenged his questioning with ease. After all, she had no reason to answer to him, but for now, she would humor it. I go where my paws take me and these lands have not been claimed.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
If it weren't for the location with which they met, he may have approached the woman in a different manner. With other things on the mind. But being the curious beast as he was, Vengeance burried those thoughts deep within the crevaces of his mind in order to feed his curiosity. 

Although... once it was satiated, he couldn't promise that the diplomacy would last.

A nobody. For now. If the brute had his way, everyone would know him the moment they smelled his stench a mile away. Word on the wind would introduce him without need for any effort on his end to verbally tell his name. I go by Vengeance. But first he would need to spread that name himself until his actions would spread by word of mouth.

No, they aren't. I come here often, but alone. You are an anomaly.
105 Posts
Ooc —
So the stench does have a name. How fitting.

Her gaze scanned over the male, ice normally burning to pelts of those she meets, but clearly, this man was different. If her gaze even made it past the layers of mud and blood was unknown to her. How interesting. Vengeance. She tested the name on her lips.

"I come here often, but alone. You are an anomaly."

Alone. Maybe they were similar in some ways...you know. Once you got past his disgusting appearance. And he dared call her an anomaly, yet he wasn't wrong. She was no normal wolf. Alison. Alice is fine, but call me Ali and I'll rip your tongue out.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
When fire and ice met, a tangible tension built as the two held the gaze on one another. Testing, calculating... burrowing into one another as they dissected the other for anything to gather, to understand what was standing infront of them. Her icen gaze attempted to chizzel at his gates, to break down the man's confidence - but he was unwavering. Meanwhile, his own molten hues washed over her, careful to any attention on her actions, expression and stance.

She'd tear out his tongue... sharply he grinned at the thought, the glint of yellow catching in what dim light came through in such lands as these as he grimaced at her threat. What if I wanted to test such a theory. Muscles rolled under his pelt as felt the excitement grow, fur acting in the motion as a wave on the ocean as the current flowed stronger than before. 

This wasn't Rusalka after all.. she wasn't a packmate. He didn't have to behave if he didn't feel like it.
105 Posts
Ooc —
There was a long pause of silence as both just stared. Many took her threat to heart, but it was clear this man did not fear her. Why should he after all? He was a large mass of stench and muscle. Perhaps it was foolish of her to outwardly challenge him so, but she would stand by her words.

"What if I wanted to test such a theory."

The russet female could feel the fur along her spine prickle ever so slightly as he grinned and rolled his muscles. Her jowls rose to let her teeth poke out just enough to show she had every intent on following through with her promise. Do not test me.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It seemed that the two were both immoveable forces, pushing aginst eachother in a verbal dance. How could he not push her further in such a fun way. How could he not test that trigger of hers after she blatantly let it linger between them. It was like telling a child not to press the big red button - that itchy finger would eventually test what would happen once left with the responsability to pressing it. 

Don't tease me, Ali. Softly he cooed her name, the variation with which that she treatened would follow with violence. The sweet clash of flesh and fang that he desired so - a challenge that he lived for these days as he grew more and more bold with the locals. Once the name slipped his tongue, he was ready for what was to come... claws digging into the ground, he prepared to brace himself as soon as she lunged forward.
105 Posts
Ooc —
That horrible nickname rolled off his tongue and she hated the way he cooed it. Of course, he was teasing her, but she refused to let him do so without showing her resentment. A low growl vibrated in her throat as her fur rose, it was clear he wasn't going to back down so she would show no mercy.

Without hesitation, Alice lunged forward with bared teeth. The neck was too obvious with a run like this so she would instead charge straight and dash to the side in an attempt to sink her teeth into the male's hindquarter.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
And so it began. Her threat rang true after all as she bore her fangs and began the assault. Her move was almost textbook, for the most part, few would attack straight on and try to go for the more sensitive ends in the rear, already Vengeance had fought a few who did such a move. 

This time he would try something new againt such a move, something he had prepared just in case he would find himself in such a situation again. Sacrificing some flesh, he swung his hips toward her attack, attempting to stun her by the sheer force bearing down on her own jaws going against her own momentum. 

Keeping his tail low, he protected what he could so long as she was back there - with those covered, Vengeance aimed his own attack on the woman's flesh. Yellowing weaponry aimed at her own hindquarters, it was the best target in this position. He had no wish to disembowel this interesting woman, but to show her that he was no push over.. that threats had no affect - but he would not go easy either, if she bled, he'd enjoy every drop.
105 Posts
Ooc —
She had faced large opponents before. She wasn't small but she wasn't considered a large wolf. This man, however, was a behemoth and she never expected him to swing around. The blow did stun her as she stumbled a few paces back. The flash of yellow caught her eyes a second too late as his teeth grazed her flesh.

He could go for her leg, it allowed her access to her first target. As his head dipped down for her side and the familiar burn ran through her leg, Alice turned, a paw aimed to come down hard on the man's face followed by her fangs. The woman aimed for his neck and scruff. She had no intention to kill, instead, she wanted him to submit. If she managed to hold a strong grip her head would jerk hopeful to unlock his jaws from her.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The stun had worked, interesting.. he would remember that and try to perfect such a move for those who would try such a move on him in the future. He wasn't certain how much he could perfect it, but he'd try it again anyway in the next fight. Lips lifted in frustration as his first attack didn't land, he hungered for that sweet liquid she had and it grew now that he was denied with the first strike other than a couple drops with which he could barely taste.

That satisfaction came quickly though as instead of her face, he grabbed her leg and locked onto his attack. The classic move that he enjoyed so much in a battle, to grab on and refuse to let go. The paw and claws to the face were the first on his mind as the claws sunk into his muzzle, but he was relentless, it would take more for him to let go. Warmth flowed down as he could feel blood pooling from her claws making contact. On his nape the feeling of fangs sinking into his own skin didn't go ignored, neither of them went for critical hits, and in the attempt to end this soon - he began to tug.

A move to stop her from tugging back on his nape, to get the claws out of his face, and most of all, get her off balance.

Bracing himself with all four limbs, he leaned back. Using his weight to his advantage, he tugged and jerked his head back, once again into her own attack, but this time not to stun. No. This time he would try to take her leg with him, bring her tumbling down by dragging her leg as far as he needed.
105 Posts
Ooc —
The taste of metal would slowly trickle into her mouth too as she successfully gripped the man's face and pulled back. However, as she pulled so did he and it was only a matter of time before she felt herself scrambling to keep her paws on the ground. With enough force, she lost her footing to the behemoth, and truly what could she do?

She snarled and growled, but the teeth that pushed into her flesh and her current position left her more like a fish floundering as she could only attempt to bite whatever was closest to her. In this case, it was more than likely the brute's leg.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As she tumbled he thought perhaps this was the end of her struggles - but he was wrong. She was far more stubborn than that. He felt the fangs against his leg, the thought of the previous wound he had to the joint caused him to immediately let go of her leg and aim to press down on her abdomen with a front paw closest to her with as much weight as he could until the fight would end.

A growl erupted from his throat as he threatened to take the fight to the next level should she continue, teeth inching closer to her body as it yearned to grab onto the more tender flesh than that of just a leg.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Her one desire was to get back on the ground and soon enough her wish would be granted. The female's body hit the ground with a thud as the massive man dropped her only to quickly step down. She resisted the urge to wheeze, jowls raising once more as she growled in protest. However, as Vengeance's fangs grew near, her growling lessened and her ears fell back. She would not fall here today, even if she hated admitting defeat. The hatred was clear on her face as she snorted before going still waiting for him to back off.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With every ounce of him pushing down, he wished nothing more than to crush her with all his weight. To hear those crackling bones and the sensation of intestines shutting down under the pressure - but she was admirable. Smart even. As victory was surely his, she chose to submit instead of going down fighting - a warrior's death, but a fool's end. Live to fight another day.

Even if he wished to finish her completely, the man took his weight off of her, backing away all the while keeping his eyes on the female to watch her get up. What is it that you live for, Alison. He had use for individuals like these, especially with upcoming events... if Tzila still had her passion for a certain creature.
105 Posts
Ooc —
It felt like the weight of the world was crushing her and for a moment she thought the man wouldn't stop. She was going to die here and in the most pitiful stupid way. The thought alone made her want to off herself before the man could, but then by some blessing he released her.

There was a short gasp for air as her chest was given room to properly expand and once she was sure she would not look like a fool scrambling to her feet, Alice rolled over and tested weight on her leg. Miraculously she was fine. The bleeding should stop on its own if she did not get to it first.

"What is it that you live for, Alison."

For a disgusting and probably war hungry wolf...it was a good question. In all honesty, she didn't have an answer. It wasn't for her family, nor kids or the hope to find some man or another pack...no it was much more like survival. She wanted to live. As silly as it sounded, the thought of destiny crossed her mind. The Bel did not believe in sitting around waiting for something to happen, no destiny was meant to be grabbed and fought for. I suppose I know that I'm meant for more than living and dying.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
We can end it if you'd like? I know you're away anyway Isori! We can have them thread again soon, preferably with Anna too! We all need more merc threads :P

Yes you are. Impressed by her prowess in battle - if he was any smaller, or anyone else for that matter who wasn't as battle savvy, he may have had a problem pitting himself up against her. She had promise. He liked that. 

I'm looking for those who are battle worthy, killers. What do you say to joining me and creating a pack worthy to fear. She would be the first to hear of his plans, not a single soul has heard of his desire to leave Rusalka as soon as he collected enough followers to claim a land for their own. 

Live to kill, to fight, to conquer.
105 Posts
Ooc —
works for me! Feel free to start the next thread I’ll respond when/if I can before I’m home

When the man agreed with her she squinted. That wasn’t a normal response but he had to be going somewhere with this. He only took a moment to continue and prove her reasoning right.

Maybe to any other wolf they would hear killers and leave now, but something did pique her interest.

A pack worthy of fear.

A spark suddenly lit in her eye, perhaps with shock, but more so with desire. A life with more than just living, she could have the power to take, to be feared. A smirk crawled across her maw. I’m listening.