Hushed Willows Matters of business
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Cortez backdated to the 19th after he returned from his trip.

He had meant to talk to Cortez before he had taken the kids to Swiftcurrent but he'd forgotten. Now he was back and the kids were minding their manners by the den so he had some time. He quickly wandered far enough away that conversation couldn't be overheard and called for the man, having matters of alliance to discuss.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
sunny had left without much word, but that was okay; olive had let him know that the man had family at swiftcurrent creek he intended to visit. he was heartened to hear the call, abandoning whatever idle task he was engaged in and heading that way. his step was still not light as it once had been, nor was his manner as carefree, but he was beginning to regain some happiness. the clouds were lifting, somewhat.

hey, sunny, cortez greeted upon reaching the satori, dipping his head in a graceful nod. good to have you back. how was your trip? he assumed that was what they were going to talk about and hoped there wasn't any other bad news to impart. he didn't think he could handle any more shit at this point, nor could the rest of the pack.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny knew he had to break the news that Aliac was no longer missing but dead. He wanted to keep it a secret and try to handle the children on his own but he didn't know how especially when he could barely handle his own depression. He needed help from the pack and he truly felt banding together and helping one another would prove to be a good thing. He turned toward the greeting and nodded his eyes sad but lighter than they had been now that he had ideas and plans. "Hey Cortez it went...um..well fairly well" he paused and then with an apologetic look he  brushed onward "..I have some bad news to start but I also have ideas to make it better for everyone as well as matters of business..i know its very shortly after everything but please hear me out..." he said this hesitantly his eyes flashing with pain as he tossed it out there "Aliac is dead, we saw her body" he grimaced and sat down looking at the man with openly pained eyes "I lost my wife and the mother of my kids and I am in charge of making sure everyone is happy and alliances go well...I know everyone is suffering and I think we should all grow closer, hold pack only events and also events for alliances and anyone who wants to offer their condolences a chance to help us out too" he left that there and waited for him to process it and respond.

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
ah, 'bad news.' those two words dropped and so did his stomach; cortez's face grew grave as he stared at sunny, waiting for whatever came next. the stress soon gave way to sorrow as the man told him his wife was definitely dead. oh, sunny, i'm so sorry, cortez murmured, but the condolence was somewhat lost in all the words that followed. that was fine; surely the satori could read the grief over his face.

sunny had a good head on his shoulders, though, and was already planning ahead. how could he argue with plans solid as these? sure, i definitely agree, he said amicably, giving a head-bobbling nod. you're probably a lot better with the social stuff than i am; what sort of ideas did you have in mind?

like the fertility festival, for instance. that had been his sister's baby, and cortez was positive he'd never be able to pull something together like that in a million years. lily, too, had been good with gatherings. hopefully sunny had that same sort of acumen.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The grief was obvious and it made Sunny feel better to know he had support. Now it was his chance to support the pack and help everyone else through the troubles. After Cortez had processed everything and responded, giving his agreement and asking his plans he took a breath and went right into it "A festival of memory. We will gather around the graves and mourn those that we lose. Stories will be told, food eaten...it will be mandated for Elysium members to attend, everyone has to put in an effort to help process and cope" he said this firmly and a determined look came into his eyes. "Two wolves forming a pack on the coast said they would attend. I'm waiting on their return to give them a date of the event. I'm thinking in the Autumn seasons when the colors change and its not hot or cold" that gave them a couple of months to prepare and let everyone know that they would all come together for the start of the cooler seasons.

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
it was a fine idea, and cortez nodded heartily in agreement. i'm with you all the way, he said, smiling. just let me know what i can do to help and i'll pitch in. he wasn't the greatest with planning mass events, nor was he the most sociable creature in the world. but for the sake of memory—for the sake of lily, ariel, and aliac—he would try his damnedest to make it perfect.

how are things in swiftcurrent creek? cortez asked, shifting gears a bit. your. . .sister's there, right? olive told me a little bit about it. he didn't know many wolves from the pack, just kavik and any he might have bumped into here and there (but had never gotten any names, the awkward fool he was).
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He gave the man a broad smile genuinely grateful for his support. Every day he spent focusing on plans to help Elysium stay it's calm, quiet self he began to feel more at home. He was still aware of the fact that he didnt have bonds like he did at Morningside but he was sure that he could make them here too. Dawn was right, Morningside is the people where you live not the pack itself. Cortez asked of Swiftcurrent and his smile faltered "Busy...They have a lot of pups like us. Dawn and Aditya had pups, so they were pretty busy too. We had to cut it short for the time being, we didn't want to intrude" he answered honestly.  A memory struck him and he blinked rushing into it before he could forget "When Minnow was taken we found her at a pack called The Meloniis. Their leader was a woman named Nyx, she said she would handle the kidnapper but she also wanted to discuss alliance. This was way before the bear...I don't want any problems to start but I did say if i didn't come back she could come here" his tone was serious and his eyes held a nervous light that belayed his anxiety on the situation.

73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
he nodded gently, glad that sunny's family in swiftcurrent creek at least seemed to be doing well. for all the calamity here, it eased him somewhat to know that somewhere else was peaceful. that not all the world was bloody chaos, despite all appearances pointing to that conclusion. that maybe, one day, he'd be able to find something other than restlessness.

i'm sure it'll be fine, cortez responded, mouth twisting in reciprocal worry. as long as she's not the one that took your little girl. i trust you'll be able to handle it.

he shifted, feeling slightly uncomfortable. this had never been his destiny. he'd never wanted to lead. how had it come to pass that he stood here right now, talking alliances and celebrations with a young man he barely knew, while olive seemed to recede further into the shadows?

the shakti was out of place—and the feeling didn't leave him even when he left the scene.

last post from me!