Lost Creek Hollow they remember the people who feed them
d e m j i n
10 Posts
Ooc — mochi
All Welcome 
the silence that accompanies the turmoil the wilds suffers is almost unnerving. of course, law tries to assure himself, he is not likely to hear the familiar symphony of crickets and tree frogs this time of year but he suspects that the famine might have upped his sudden tendency for superstition. somewhere above an owl screeches into the frigid, early morn light. in the distant horizon the first vestiges of the sunrise can be seen in the peeking citrine orange that illuminates the crest of the earth but the velveteen navy blues and rich violets of night remain at large. they are briefly broken by the small crescent of candied moonlight but thick clouds drift forward to obscure it most of the night.

slumber evades law and after trying and failing to fall back to sleep he eventually surrenders and rises to his paws, stretching and giving his thick, coarse winter coat a shake. a small, scrawny opossum has the ultimate misfortunate of crossing paths with him, lumbering on its way as it had been, and law makes quick work of it though it does little to sate the permanent rumble of his stomach these days — he tries not to think about the fact that he only just got here. salmon pink tongue draws across his jowls to clean them from his snack as he ambles his way to the borders figuring a patrol might be enough to settle the restlessness that has taken harbor within him — likely, he thinks, because he's been exhibiting too much good behavior.

nanowrimo: 260
25 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
nothing says disruption like pike. or, well, nothing disrupts quite like pike does. so, while law was perhaps trying to patrol to soothe his restlessness, the toothy youth had other ideas. his mom had told him about the joiner -- and that it was his uncle -- and pike had a lot of initiating to do. after all, it wasn't fair if everyone else had to go through his ritual harassing and he didn't! so pike hunted him down, using the scent that had been on arbiter's fur. 

pike spotted the guy from a short distance, yipping loudly for attention (though it was unlikely that law would miss him) and beginning to barrel towards him with lanky legs and waving tail. he skidded to a halt before the dark wolf and stared at him rather excitedly. and it seemed as he grew he still seemed to have that upper fang perpetually stuck outside his lip. call it and overbite, i think it's from over biting. like -- biting too much. sorry, anyway. the kid piped up.

hey!! 'm pike! he introduced swiftly, giving only barely enough time for law to introduce himself right back. i found a fox's den on the western border and i wanna go mess with it, he announced firmly, ears flicking, dad said i can't go without an adult -- true -- and mom said you would go with me -- not true -- will you come, please?? cue puppy dog eyes -- but not on purpose, he just had some sweet lil baby eyes -- likely from terance.