Stavanger Bay Here I stand wearing my heart on my sleeve
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle strode forth from the den, intent to go back to the place where she started another den. Nerian was moving in soon, she was fairly certain and she did not want to be in the vicinity of either one of them for a time. She honestly did not know how she could handle anything else. If Ragnar dropped anything else in her lap, she was fairly certain she was to her breaking point. She had met his son though, and he had done well with raising the boy at least, hopefully he was kinder to the woman he claimed to love than his father. Because she was fairly certain he’d meet the business end of her teeth and claws if he didn’t, she couldn’t control his father, but she’d be damned if he did the same mistakes he had when he was in love. She had even thought about attacking Ragnar, but knew without a doubt he could and probably would hurt her and she was still healing technically from the cougar.

So with a heavy mind and an even heavier heart she strode from the heart of the territory towards the outskirts looking for her proverbial Garden of Eden at least to her. She held blue eyes towards the sky, the sunshine hitting them as she looked up and making them look even bluer than they had. The sun kissed her tawny fur making the undertones come out as she trotted across the land, she had done her best to groom all the dirt and everything from her pelt, finding the repetitive motions kept her calmer than she was on the inside at least on the outside. She had done so until her pelt shone. She was determined to not let anyone know how hurt and scared and sad she was anymore. It didn’t work in her favor, so what was the point. One last look behind her she continued on
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Hope you don't mind Atreyu barging in here :D

Like some sea creature summoned from the depths of the ocean, the white youth dragged himself onto the beach, coughing and spluttering from having been dumped by a wave in the shallows. Although the Bay was secluded and protected from the rougher tides, rogue waves still managed to sneak in and wreak havoc on oblivious wolves who just so happened to be playing in the water. Today, Atreyu happened to be one of those wolves. Sodden and slightly dazzled, the boy trekked up the sandy shore and towards the forest, deciding he had had enough of the ocean for one day - a strange decision given his obsession with it.

Dirt quickly climbed up his drenched legs as he stomped forwards, angry from having been betrayed by the sea and also from his own carelessness. How had he missed that wave? He could've sworn it had been flat beforehand. Hoping no-one had seen, he had made sure to escape the area quickly, skirting along the edges of the territory instead, pretending nothing had happened.

When he came across another, though, Atreyu debated whether to turn back. He wasn't sure if he was in the mood to talk or not; besides, the stranger seemed to be lost in her own world. However, the heavy scent of Ragnar clung to her coat and he became curious, wondering if she was simply a long term pack member or one of importance. Maintaining a distance, the juvenile quietly ambled behind the brown female, his tail and left ear lowered respectfully (though keeping his right ear perked just in case), deciding to follow her out of pure curiosity.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle continued doggedly on not realizing at first that she was being followed. She kept walking, her mind on other matters at hand, her pelt flickering in different hues depending on where the sun hit it, but she continued on. She lifted blue eyes to the sky, when she heard a small footfall she smiled thinking one of her children were following her. She turned fully expecting TVeir or Ein or even Gyda only to be met with a wolf she did not know.

She stared at him for a moment unsure what to say, but he smelled of Ragnar so he had to be a new recruit. She lifted a brow Umm Hello? he was soaked to the skin and sand was attached to his legs in the most uncomfortable of ways. He looked a little bedraggled, and his fur was drying in tufts of fur sticky with water and sand.
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Surprisingly, Atreyu managed to shadow the female for quite a ways before she suddenly caught on. He gave a quick nod of his head in greeting as she turned to look at him, no doubt taken aback by her sneaky — at least, he liked to think so — follower. He felt her cerulean gaze appraise him as he did her, noting her flawlessly clean fur and smaller stature — a sharp contrast to his own appearance. At her quirked brow and hesitant acknowledgement, the boy offered a wave of his tail to show he was friendly despite appearances.

"You smell so I thought I'd follow you," he said innocently before realising he had missed an important piece of information. "I-I mean of Ragnar...he let me into your pack a few days ago." Atreyu glanced to the side quickly and awkwardly before looking back to the female. "Uh, I'm Atreyu."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
" "
Thistle had thought he was her children, so she was a bit disappointed when it turned out to be someone else, not that she minded company. That wasn’t it at all. Thistle wagged her tail in return, this wolf was a pack mate and therefore a family member and potential friend.

Thistle threw her head back and laughed at his mistake, a belly deep laugh. One of the likes she had not had for some time. Oh goodness, I’m sorry I’ve been tense lately and you just made me laugh, thank you. And my names Thistle Cloud I am Ragnar’s wife, one of them at least. It is a pleasure to meet you Atreyu, welcome home. She offered him a small smile then and chuckled again. She sat then to her haunches, perfectly happy with passing some time with the youth that stood before her, though she wanted to clean his fur and smooth it down, her mothering instincts threatening to overtake her. Do you like it here so far?

267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Glad she hadn't been put off his initial first impression of being a stalker-y sort of guy, Atreyu let a sheepish grin crawl across his face as she let out loud laugh. It was the first time since arriving in the Wilds that he had heard such genuine laughter. She then thanked him and introduced herself and Atreyu's grin quickly vanished, replaced with a look of terror. Ducking his head in a bow, he flattened his ears in respect. He remembered Ragnar mentioning the name from his acceptance into the Bay. Thistle had been the healer? Why didn't he say she was also his wife?

"Ah, sorry, I didn't reali..." he stammered before stopping himself, frowning. Wait...what had she said? One of them? Ragnar had two wives? His head cocked in confusion, having never heard of a wolf with multiple wives before. Heck, even wolves from his tribe rarely became mates due to the ingrained wanderlust present in the pack. Her question then redirected his thoughts and he gave a nod. "Oh yeah, it's pretty cool," he said with a grin. "I like the beach." Like if that wasn't the most obvious thing in the world.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
""
Thistle did not think him a stalker, she just thought him curious and he was young. What young wolf did not explore and learn by watching? She didn’t know any. She saw his look of terror and giggled again . I take it Ragnar told you to come to me about that wound you bear, but he didn’t tell you I was his wife? he practiced gaze had found the wound that he wore.

He then began to stammer and she chuckled harder, she was terrible at this whole meeting new faces thing. She kept throwing the poor youth some wide curve balls from left field. Confusing him and causing him distress. She felt bad, that she had caused him confusion. And in most cases it was not common practice to have more than one mate, and if she had her way and she could have felt okay and unselfish she would have not allowed it, but her selfless nature would not allow it. And she was becoming accustomed to the idea, it would be hard for some time and she did not know if she would always be okay, but she was trying for both her husband and Nerian’s sakes.

She chuckled and spoke softly I can tell. Would you like help with some of that sand, too much dirt in that wound could make it infected you know. I like the beach too, but the forest has my heart more often than not.
267 Posts
Ooc — Laur
At the mention of his wound, Atreyu ducked his head, trying to shield it from view however that was near impossible in the sunlight — especially since he was facing an experienced healer. Even though Ragnar had indeed told him to seek out Thistle for it, he didn't really have any intention to. He had washed it off in the ocean, that was enough, right? What Atreyu didn't realise, though, was the dirt that had gotten inside that had blackened the edges of the scrapes and made it itchy, something that even the ocean could not get rid of.

At her offer, he glanced back up, wondering how such a light-hearted wolf became the wife of someone as intense as the Jarl. Obviously, though, the boy was unaware of the current troubles in the relationship of the leaders. His ears perked as she spoke, mentioning the forest. He felt slightly offended. How could anyone choose the forest over the ocean? "I washed it," Atreyu said, forcing a reassuring smile, still hesitant to let another touch it, even someone as seemingly gentle as Thistle. What if she had to reopen it and he yelped in response? He didn't want to appear weak, especially in the presence of the Alpha's mate. "I fought a wolverine," he added after a pause, for some reason feeling it necessary to include how he had gotten scratched up...even if it was a lie.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Thistle saw the male dip his head and she chuckled in her throat. I will not look at it if you do not want me too, but I must tell you if it starts to itch, or smell funny or hurt you have to let me take a look at it, that could be an infection and it could kill you. There is no shame in asking for help when you need it. Then she grew silent her tail swishing gently across her legs with a gentle sound.

Thistle had often wondered how the fates had determined she and Ragnar would be lovers and then mates. But she had realized just recently that she had no control over it, and it hurt ot think of anything differently. Her lips twitched at his admonish-en. that is good then. Hopefully it will not fester. Thistle raised her brow at his words a wolverine that is admirable. she was not being rude, she was being truthful it was admirable and she didn’t really care if it wasn’t true, who was she to judge someone based on the false hoods that fell from their lips.