Great Bear Wilderness Or Steepy Mountain Yields
<b>OOC Planning:</b> No.<br> <b>Major Powerplaying:</b> No.<br> <b>Minor Powerplaying:</b> Yes.<br><b>Sparring:</b> Yes.
45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Set at the base of Silvertip Mountain, which isn't an option in the drop-down menu for some reason. The title of the thread is from this quote, by Christopher Marlowe: "Come live with me and be my love, And we will all the pleasures prove, That valleys, groves, hills, and fields, Woods, or steepy mountain yields."

Ellie stared up at the mountain in front of her, completely content to do nothing but. It wasn't really in her to climb a mountain just to see the view, even if she knew it would be gorgeous. Still, the mountain called to her, pulling her to it like a gravitational force. She didn't think the weather fit the mountain at all. A mountain like this should have been looming from the mist like a giant, not clear and easily seen in the cloudless day. But Ellie could not control the weather, and wouldn't want to anyways.

Instead, she was fine with simply lying down at the rocky tower's base and listening to the breeze blow through the trees and bushes and grass. She was abnormally calm today, but nature did that to her sometimes. She often spewed anger and curses from her mouth and mind. Today, for once, she was somewhat happier. Not quite a smooth lake, no. More like a volcano whose lava was down and low and wouldn't erupt that day. A volcano, nonetheless, which could change its mind about erupting at any given time, if only someone happened to come along and rub her the wrong way...
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#daa520">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d6a421">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d2a121">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#cd9f22"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#c89c22">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c39a23">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf9724">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba9524">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b59225">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b09026">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac8d26">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a78b27">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a28827"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e8628">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#998329">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#948129"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f7e2a">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b7c2a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#86792b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#81772c">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7c742c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#78722d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736f2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6d2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#696a2f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#65682f">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#60652f">s</FONT></i></span></p>
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Savitr wasn't really into mountains, not liking the way they loomed like the jagged teeth of some titan monster in the horizon. As it was when he was a small child he had often fantasized about the mountain near Requiem Copse belonging to some monster and the beast stirring awake to swallow the world in it's wake. It had been the source of many nightmares during his earliest memories yet, eventually as he grew older and wiser in the world he realized that dragons and the like were nothing more than a small child fantasies. Monsters existed yet they had taken on a more practical forms; bears, cougars, and sometimes as he had came to learn the hard way wolves. Steps paused as light azure eyes rose to study the toothed monstrosity of earth that stretched skyward, black, leathery nostrils flaring once as he habitually inhaled with the intent of dissecting the scents around him. Despite his dislike of mountains in general Savitr could not deny that it was impressive, nevertheless.

Being upwind of the woman Savitr did not initially notice her until he turned to his left and she came into his view, a distinct canine outline in the distance. For a few moments the Huntsman simply stared at her, debating on whether he wanted to approach or not. He was fine with his own deigned solitude and yet he found in that moment he craved socialization though if she would be willing to provide him with it he was not able to determine. After a few more moments he began his approach letting out a low chuff when he was within what he thought was a hearing range. “Hello,” Savitr greeted her with an easy smile. ”It is a beautiful view, is it not?” A beauty he could appreciate even if it was at an intentional distance.

<b>OOC Planning:</b> No.<br> <b>Major Powerplaying:</b> No.<br> <b>Minor Powerplaying:</b> Yes.<br><b>Sparring:</b> Yes.
45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Ellie's eyes had been closed until the point in time in which the male had spoken. She opened them lazily, for once feeling no anger upon being interrupted during a nap -- reason being that she wasn't really napping. She glanced over in the voice's direction and came across the one it belonged to. The male was a mixture of blacks and browns, and his eyes were the lightest shade of blue she had ever seen. He was handsome, she supposed, though she didn't care much about that at this time.

His words about the view being beautiful did not strike any sort of cord within her, despite the fact that she had been thinking much the same thing not too long ago. So what she said in response to his question/statement was, "Mm-hmm." Then she stared at him quite blankly, wondering how this would go, considering she didn't know this wolf (whom she didn't notice was part coyote) and the fact that she often didn't say much of anything unless she was angry.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#daa520">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d6a421">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d2a121">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#cd9f22"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#c89c22">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c39a23">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf9724">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba9524">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b59225">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b09026">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac8d26">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a78b27">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a28827"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e8628">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#998329">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#948129"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f7e2a">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b7c2a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#86792b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#81772c">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7c742c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#78722d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736f2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6d2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#696a2f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#65682f">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#60652f">s</FONT></i></span></p>
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

Savitr watched as the female's eyes opened in a manner that he might have attributed to laziness and for a moment both stranger and the Huntsman stared at one another. Silence. Silence was a useful tool when he was hunting but this was not what he was doing and at the moment Savitr could claim that it was not silence that he was looking for. His life was one of chosen solitude, even now as he chose to remain a lone wolf and bide his time investigating the packs until he found one that he deemed suitable. The woman responded simply to his statement, not offering anything more than a sound. While, under normal circumstances he might not have minded the lack of verbal communication but he was a wolf and they craved social interactions.

Her blank stare was not helping him in the assertion that, perhaps, she did not crave company as he suddenly did. He considered speaking, lips parting with the intention before he closed them on a second thought. Weight shifted as he turned his eyes from her to study Silvertip now that he was closer before they turned back to her. Did I wake you? He inquired after the stretch of silence, referring to the fact that previous to his chuff and speech her eyes had seemingly been closed. She did not quite have the look of a creature just roused from sleep but perhaps she was one of those chipper creatures — something that the Huntsman did not have the pleasure of being. If he was awoken from sleep he always prepared to attack knowing that it was during his slumber that he was at his most vulnerable.

45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Ellie had stopped paying much attention to the male after a while, since he didn't say anything after her nonchalant answer to his comment about the mountain. Her mind ended up wandering around and going nowhere in particular, landing on a thought for no more than a second before moving on to a new one a moment later. The fact that the he-wolf stayed, despite the fact that neither of them spoke, didn't really bother her at all. She almost forgot he was there, in fact. And then, "Did I wake you?"

The she-wolf glanced at him, and then shrugged. "Not really," she said, her voice the epitome of monotone. She paused, then added, "I was sort of contemplating taking a nap, and then you came along and made the decision for me, I guess." She grinned slightly, though it didn't reach her eyes. "You're lucky you didn't wake me up. I can be the ultimate bitch when someone wakes me up from sleeping." She said no more after this, not seeing a point to saying anything else. He would decide where this conversation went from here.
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

Another stretch of moments where the Huntsman deliberated leaving her to her lonesome, which came across to Savitr as something she desired. It was true that there was much he could be doing other than having what felt like a dull, one sided conversation with a woman who was not playing the game by humoring him. There were plenty of indications that she wasn't into conversing — idly, he wondered if she was this way with every fellow canine she came across or if he was some sort of special case; still, he persisted. It was annoying his persistence. In most cases, however, it tended to pay off. After all, he would not have became a Huntsman if he did not have an unquenchable drive. His life would have been piled miles high with accepted failures. Simply put, Savitr did not believe in giving up. When she did speak to him her voice was monotone and if he had to think of it in terms of attractiveness not very. Right ear twitched with an errant laziness, brows rising slightly in surprise that she had finally broken her silence and spoke to him. So she can speak, Savitr teased her light hearted, not sure if she would find it as amusing as he but not caring all that much.

Humor was apart of his charm and if a woman didn't have a sense of humor than she wasn't worth his time. After all, he could not imagine spending time with anyone who could not endure and return his gentle teasings and jests. I don't scare that easy, you know, He told her with a simple shrug of his shoulders. He was rather used to ultimate bitches, though he did not expect her to magically know that. He did not speak those words specifically, but his nonchalance suggested that it was nothing new for him.

45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Ellie gave a vague smile at the male's, "So she can speak." It was true, the she-wolf wasn't known for talking much, and when she did, it was usually in anger. That was something she really needed to work on, she thought with a grimace. It was getting in her way a lot of the time, making it difficult to make friends. She was quiet and internalized until she became angry at something stupid, whereupon she exploded in wolves' faces -- wolves she didn't even know. It was a bad habit that she was finding difficult to break.

"I don't scare that easy, you know," he said, breaking her out of her thoughts. She assumed he was talking about her "ultimate bitch" comment, and so she turned and raised an eyebrow at him, grinning slightly. "Oh really?" she queried. "And who have you known in your life that you would call an ultimate bitch?" Call it morbid curiosity. Ellie was just nosy, when it came down to it, and would admit it to your face if asked. She kept her gaze trained on the male, awaiting his answer.
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

Savitr's lips twitched in slight amusement when she inquired, her words giving the Huntsman the impression that she did not fully believe him. He wondered if Ravenna would like her or hate her, and even so which of them would come on top as the ultimate bitch. Something in hm told him that the Dark Queen would win that competition but in all fairness to Ellie, he had to take in account that he did not know the woman before him. He only knew that she considered herself an ultimate bitch. I served a Queen since I was old enough to be an apprentice. She destroyed lives and stole hearts, sometimes literally if she in the mood, Savitr did not tell the woman before him that Ravenna ate them after she ripped apart a wolf's chest because that was knowledge he wished he could erase from his memory. He would not burden someone else with that horrid imagery.

Do you ruin lives and steal hearts? He inquired, thinking that their definitions of 'ultimate bitch' differed greatly given her view of herself and his experiences with Ravenna. Savitr had found long ago that every one had a different views on things given their own life experiances that shaped their opinions.

45 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Ellie didn't know why, but there was something distinctly creepy about the small tale the wolf told her, about the Queen who ruined lives and stole hearts. Had she known what he was hiding from her -- the part about the Queen eating the hearts she stole -- Ellie might very well have walked away from the male right then and there, thoroughly done talking to him. As it were, she didn't know about that part, and so was not creeped out enough to leave.

When he turned to her and asked, "Do you ruin lives and steal hearts?" she didn't really know how to respond. She looked away from him, at the mountain, trying to come up with a response. In the end, all she could say was, "I don't know. I don't know if I'm that bad or not. I hope I'm not that bad... Though... I don't think anyone cares enough about me for me to ruin anyone's life." She gave a humorless laugh then, continuing to stare up at the mountain, and said no more.