Whitebark Stream the protection of the trees
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Private 
@Lavender - to teach her about the magical uses for herbs and other plant materials

It was snowing heavily today, so Daylily kept herself in the woods, not daring to venture out into the open. The trees were bare so they weren’t much protection against the elements, but their branches caught some of the snow, which was better than nothing. Today, Day was searching for a place to build a den, somewhere she could crawl into and hide were the weather to become truly terrible. She’d also need a place to start storing herbs and tree bark and roots and other things for magical workings. Everything was dead now, but once the weather started to warm up, she could begin her collection. She wasn’t sure, yet, what kind of workings a place like Whitebark Stream would need, but it didn’t hurt to be prepared.

She stopped at the entrance to some kind of animal den. It was too small for her now, but she could dig it out and make it bigger. However, there was probably an animal in there now, hibernating, and she worried about getting into a fight with a badger or some other grumpy creature. She stood hesitantly, trying to decide what to do.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Whitebark Stream had provided Lavender with a fresh start—or rather, as fresh of a start as she could manage. Although Lavender wasn't freed completely of her inner-daemons, she had been given ample distractions to occupy her time. In contrast to her short-lived residence in Uaine Gorsedd, Lavender spent most of her time out in about, doing she could to contribute to Whitebark Stream's formation. Here, surrounded by family once more, Lavender felt a sense of purpose. 

Today, with her coat wrapped tightly around her body, Lavender trudged through the snow; it was frigid outside, and she couldn't stifle her shivering. In her meandering, Lavender caught wind of an unfamiliar scent, and she redirected herself until she found Daylily at the end of the trail. 

An unfamiliar Poised dubiously in front of an animal's den, Lavender observed her from a comfortable distance. After a moment or so, after recognizing Dawn's scent muddled in the stranger's aroma, she approached with a single step forward. 

"Did you find something?" she asked, her voice lifting so that it could carry through the falling snow.
77 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Oh!” said Daylily, jumping slightly in surprise when a voice sounded behind her. She turned and bowed her head politely to the woman. “Hello. I—yes, I suppose I found something. An animal’s den that I’d like to use as my own.” She turned back to the entrance of the den. “Unfortunately I cannot tell if there’s an animal inside or not, and I’m afraid to get my nose closer to find out lest something inside attack me for it.” Indeed, Daylily was a bit of a coward, but she wasn’t afraid to admit it. She sighed. “I’m looking for a place to store herbs when spring comes.” 

In the end, they decided not to investigate that particular hole further and went their separate ways.