Emberwood nothing ever made you complete
54 Posts
Ooc — remus
All Welcome 
@Alamar - i hope this is an ok location? :3

atwood felt he was settling nicely into the reneian empire, though he'd not been there long. reiko's reassurance that he could take time to find himself eased some of the burdens in his heart, the typical teenaged uncertainty about himself and his place in the world. but it awakens others: he misses his mothers terribly, their beaming faces filling nightly the landscapes of his dreams. at night he seeks out aries' curled spine and tries to recall everything he'd heard about the ram, his new guardian spirit. he closes his eyes and falls, without intention, into meditation. the line of stars becomes a mangled body. his eyes open.

oh. 

at dawn, atwood rouses himself and steeles his nerves. if he's meant to, in some way, follow or model or be in pursuit of the ram's qualities, then surely that means he cannot hide from his past forever. he steals out of the vale, letting his path be impulsive. he does not remember, exactly, where elysium is, only the swells of flora that fill his memories..but he resolves to follow his feelings. surely a place that leaves so great a scar stays imprinted in your geographies?

finding himself in a wooded area, he pauses, hungry, and decides to look for a small meal before continuing.
all my life they say that time heals
but i'm sick and tired of waiting
63 Posts
Ooc — mista
works for me! thank you for starting

though jaime is now healed, alamar has made it nonetheless his job to scavenge up something food-wise. the habit ingraved in the short while the smaller coyote hybrid had been injured, and by now, alamar clings to any sort of stability he gets.
dawn brings about a quiet parting—he knows jaime could follow if he wants, and alamar would be reluctant to stop him. the path he takes, however, is further northbound than he has been. he is careful to avoid the wetlands. though they may supply an interesting array of herbs to observe, they are far enough from the encampment that getting feverish would do harm. perhaps should they move closer—
the woods are, however, a welcomed sight as they sit snug against the bottom of a mountain, one that stretches tall above and partly scorched. scarred much like the lot of them. his attention on food, he follows the trail of a hare, unaware at first that the tracks have lured another, until he spots the unfamiliar figure ahead. a rich, comforting brown with complimentary cream underside, slender and fox-like.
hunting? he approaches, hesitant and quiet.
open for threads & sprees · going after caregiver & naturalist or hunter
common language · «spanish»
54 Posts
Ooc — remus

he hears, faintly, steps, his ears twitching toward the source a moment before a stranger's voice rings out. quiet, like his steps. atwood turns, taking in for a moment the slim, lithe figure. he's strangely beautiful, atwood thinks neutrally, and turns back toward the hare he'd been tracking, now surely vanished. 

"yeah," he says, "i'm taking a trip. don't know how long it'll be, so." shifting slightly, he looks back at the stranger and says, "you?"

all my life they say that time heals
but i'm sick and tired of waiting
63 Posts
Ooc — mista
he knows the frustration of being interrupted on the trail—it’s happened much too recently to alamar, makes these hunting adventures all the longer. but they also have their perks, he guesses. he won’t admit to enjoying the company and finding out more about these wilds. they are unlike the lands he’s left behind, but that doesn’t make them any less… dangerous. it’s always a risk to approach. the cute guy is chill though, and alamar is grateful.
yeah, hunting, he clarifies, continuing on with a shrug of his shoulders, figure two is better than one with it sometimes… so, wanna pair up?
open for threads & sprees · going after caregiver & naturalist or hunter
common language · «spanish»