Duck Lake I'm Marching into Anything
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala

soleon laid on his side in the opening. the wolves he had been welcomed amongst were likely near. today was a day of rest for him. he had been involved in a hunt, in becoming acquainted with the lot of them, and he was pleasantly surprised with them all. they would certainly go places!

if not it was all fun for now. 

he rolled to his belly and stretched his limbs out. a yawn escaped his mouth and he supposed he should see if there was something to do. enhoying a lazy day didn't mean he needed to be scarce or do anything at all. simply--he wasn't looking for it and he couldn't say he would be welcoming of an arduous task. 

afterall, it was far too warm today: in his opinion. The sun bore down freely. something it hadn't done most of the winter. the air was not as crisp. there was quite the freedom today, however, as occasionally a cloud would blot out the sun and offer refuge. it wasn't a direct discomfort from the heat he found distate for--it was the light!
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The dark wolf was waded into the lake until the water had come up to his throat. The lapping touch of it had covered his back and soaked into his inky coat, cooling him from the burning summer sun overhead. Brave had trekked across a good stretch of earth before arriving at the lake. It was familiar enough to the dark voyager. He knew that he had passed by the banks of the body of water a week or more before that point. That day had been hot too, he remembered with a small smile. Lazily, the dark wolf lapped at the water on the surface of the lake before he turned back to the shore and plodded toward it. His movements were slow until he was able to climb out of the grip of the liquid and hold his ground on the sandy bank. In the distance, there could be seen a wandering figure. Brave watched from where he stood, dripping water from his lean frame.

Journey was likely to be near – at least within the nearest territories – so the dark wolf did not worry much that his sister would fret over his absence. Feeling the spike of social desires, Brave shook his coat free of the loose water and began trotting toward the other wolf. Already, the sun was warming his frame through the wet layer of fur. Just as his lips parted and his tongue lolled from the side, a breeze swept across the lake. It carried with it a small group of ducks who barked a greeting from overhead before flying on. It also cooled the dark young wolf who trailed around the edge of the lake. His Caribbean gaze did not leave the figure up ahead. When Brave had drawn close enough, he lifted his crown and called out to the figure with a cheerful, “hey there!”
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
for just a split second he thought the male that happened upon him was journey, but the size of the man would become more apparent the closer he drew near. soleon's ears tempted back out of habit and he remained where he had risen to stand. who exactly was coming? it didn't take long for soleon to suppose he wasn't an imposing threat.

especially when he spoke. 

there was a familiar cheeriness about him and the lighter male would slightly narrow his eyes in. he dismissed the obvious thought that gathered in his mind and he offered the same greeting back, "hello stranger," what were you supposed to say to someone you didn't know that happened upon you? the only logical thing he was able to produce came off a bit curt, "can i help you?" 

he refreshed his features and offered a kind expression. perhaps it would ease the edginess of the words that had blossomed forth with little thought. maybe the man would think nothing of it and soleon could carry on with this new encounter. his anxieties always seemed to get the absolute best of him, didn't they?

IMPALA
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Ah, the words of the unknown figure were curt. Rightfully so, seeing as the two wolves had never encountered one another before that point. It did little to dampen the spirit of the dark beast who closed much of the remaining gap between them with a bounding trot. Once there were no more than a few yards between the two, Brave slowed his pace to a halt and made sure that he wasn’t intruding so heavily on the other’s space. The uncertainty of the unfamiliar male was not unnoticed.

“Well, I don’t really need help with much… just looking for some company, if you will,” the inky male answered the other. There was a light curling of his lips into a smile. The stranger’s expression had shifted some into something that resembled a friendly look. The young wanderer feared that he might have startled this fellow by being so forward. Wanting to smooth whatever feathers he may have ruffled, Brave squinted thoughtfully at the golden-furred male.

“Now that you mention it though, my sister and I have been searching for some wolves who used to run with a pack called Morningside. You met anyone like that?”
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Soleon was used to meeting new faces these days. He was a bit overwhelmed at time with some kind of unspoken anxiety and perhaps that had been the main reason for his hesitancy. Of course, it was quite possible he would always be bridled with the feeling of uncertainty. Especially while he was roaming free in a place many came and went. There were no walls of protection here. The others were frequently out and about taking care of things and--morningside?

Did he just ask about morningside? Why didn't Soleon know him? 

"I know lots of wolves that are planning on creating Morningside. They all tend to be arnd this general area," Maybe his information could be of use both to the unnamed boy and to himself. Perhaps he would learn something, "What's your name? I'm Soleon," If he had a name he was sure he had heard tale of it and perhaps he could try to figure out just who it was the boy was looking for. He resembled a few of the women. Perhaps a brother...his mind ran back to when @Journey told him she was seeking out her brother. Brave? Perhaps that was the name she had used...but surely not?

IMPALA
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The answer that was received was more than Brave had been expecting. This shock reflected on his features for several long moments before they had been ushered into the stage of introductions. Rightly so, the swarthy yearling was certain that this stranger would be a valuable asset to him. It made perfect sense that they should share names with each other.

’Soleon.’

The moniker of the other was stored in his mind in case he should happen upon the other in the future. After knowing that he knew plenty of others who were looking to recreate Morningside, the inky young wolf had newfound life in his limbs. “I’m Brave,” he offered his own name in return. With several heavy swings of his tail, the dark yearling moved nearer to Soleon to investigate the scents that he carried.

“How many do you think you met?”
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
There was obvious excitement that rumbled through the other with the news Soleon carried. He was happy to have quelled some curiosity, but it opened the door to more questions. More wondering. Soleon hoped that, for the most part, he would be able to imbue him with comfort and the knowledge of what he sought after. 

Brave.

He confirmed this was his name and immediately Soleon's tail moved happily behind him. Where was Journey? She would be elated, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Journey has talked about you!" He dressed the girl's name in words as though it were casual. Hopefully a happy moment for the boy. 

"Sunny, Steph, Heavenly, and as aforementioned, Journey," He offered a kind smile, "Those are the only that I have met. I'm sorry if that's disapointing,"

IMPALA
35 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Something in his introduction seemed to have inspired a more relaxed nature with the wolf called Soleon. After having offered his name, the other made mention of Journey and how she had spoken of him. The inky yearling was forced to bite the response that had burst through his mind – nothing good I’m sure! – and instead managed a cooing, “oho ho!” A coy little smile settled onto his dark lips. The tall young wolf was delighted by the idea that this fellow already knew his sister. Within a few seconds, he had furthered the elation and joy felt in the wolf of the valley.

“Not disappointing at all,” Brave remarked with a toothy expression. There was a glittering light in the yearling’s jade green gaze. “You’ve met Sunny. His son would be very interested in seeing him, if you remember where you last ran into the guy?” he asked. The conversation that he’d shared with Valiant rang through his head like the sound of bells. He couldn’t believe his luck; he doubted Val would believe it either.