Firefly Ravine We'll never let you go
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It always amazed him, exploring new territories. This place was certainly very different from the dark woods and scattered plains near Nightwalker territory. He caught the scent of a pack member as he crested the ridge ( of course not knowing it was @Danteand wondered if they were as much in awe of this place as he was.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
If Dante could rely on one thing in this world, it was his long set of legs. They had carried him from familiarity to unfamilarity to new beginnings, and now they had carried him here, to a new source of excitement and adventure. Though he had not yet completely settled into Lumiya's court, he had made himself quite at home there, and had reached a point (finally) where he felt comfortable leaving to scout areas outside of their territory. Surely if he were to make his home in Hushed Willows, he should familiarize himself with the land that surrounded it.

It was through that train of thought that Dante had found himself beside the ravine. Found himself beside water. Perhaps his legs had carried him to somewhere more familiar than he might have thought. The boy's eyes flickered about as he padded slowly along the sloping ledge, a pace away to account for any possible clumsiness that might cause him disaster. His ears buzzed with the full sound of the terriotry, life bursting from every direction- the yearling could hear the buzz of insects thrumming quietly in his ears accompanied by the overlapping drones of neabry frogs, all tied together by the rush of the water below. It was breathtaking. 

It was only when he raised his snout from where it had been pressed along the ground, sniffing for traces of wolves and other creatures that he detected a stranger's scent- a slightly familiar stranger's scent. Dante lifted his head, his short, silken fur ruffling in the slight breeze that wafted the scent further to him. His ears swiveled slightly, trying to figure out exactly where the unfamiliar-familiar scent was coming from. 'Lo? S'anyone there? His gentle voice rang out for a moment as he awaited an answering call, eyes blinking curiously.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It doesn't take long to find the other wolf, and he laughs to himself when he realizes they had been following each other in circles. 
As the other male calls out he casually leaps down from an outcropping, dipping his head. "Howdy. Name's Memory. And yours?" 
His eyes wandered over the boys form and he smiled softly. This was more his speed.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante's eyes flitted over the male as he approched, assessing but not neccessarily judgemental, more curious than anything else. The young boy smiled lightly at the oak-hued wolf- Memory- and met his amber eyes as he addressed him in return, Dante. S'a pleasure. You're Seelie, right? I believe Lumiya mentioned you, the boys face lit up as a teasing tone slipped ever-so-softly into his voice, Good things only, of course. He turned his neck side to side, bones popping in a satisfying manner as he attempted to further assess the other in the most inconspicuous way possible. He wasn't large, but not exactly slight either, not unlike Dante. He observed the scars that ran over the male's body especially carefully, making certain that his gaze didn't linger rudely. The boy found himself particularly fond of the nick in the man's ear, curious about the stories behind each mark. The man was definitely a bit older than Dante, had a year or two more under his pelt perhaps. 

Once he had finished his quick look-over, the boy's green eyes met the other's again, offering a friendly smile once again as he  paced forward slowly once again. He lowered his nose back to where it had been before, sniffing inquisitively at the plants near his paws. Needed to stretch my legs, get a good run in. Figured I may as well get a look at some surrounding territories while I was at it, 
he said amicably, his accented voice drawling the words slowly, happy to make easy conversation.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The boy was small, Slight, and reminded him so much of Clarence he had to blink a moment. 
"Yeah. It's a real paradise here. It's like I left hell and ended up in Heaven. Now I just...need a family to protect." He sighed for a moment, noticing the kid's wide eyed exploration. "Wanna know how I got these scars?" He smirked, his tone light despite the ominous words. It was what Patchwork used to say, as he stumbled around the pack with some poor dead animal flung over his shoulder. Now, however, He just...wanted some company. Someone to know his story. The boy explained what he was doing down here and he smiled. "Nice place to explore. The frogs are a good meal if you can catch them." 
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante found himself becoming more interested in the man's backstory with each minute detail that was revealed. He was curious as to where the man had come from as he spoke of such a hell. Dante had been lucky enough to grow up in a peaceful place, it was calm and free and quiet there...too quiet. He perked with interest with the man's wish for a family, that was something he could relate to, surely. I think...I know what you mean there,[q] he chuckled softly. 

Heat flashed under the boy's pelt when he realized he had been caught out, but he was glad he was recieved with some warmth. [q]I love a good story any day, if you're willing,
his olive-hued eyes blinked with interest as he awaited the man's continuation.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He laughed softly at the kids embarrassment at being caught eyeballing him. 
"Don't be all embarrassed," he smirked, a bit lasciviously. "I would rather be looked at with interest, especially by a decent looking fellow, than what most wolves do." Pity, or disgust. Sometimes fear. 
He settled himself on a boulder that jutted out from the wall of the gorge, flopping lazy. 
"Most are old fight wounds. I was one of the most skilled warriors of my pack. By the time I was two...I was feared. Groomed to replace my kidnapper as Alpha. Until this scar happened." He twisted his neck, revealing the ragged tear from his left shoulder to his chin. "I fell in love. With a male. Nix didn't like that too much. Ripped my throat out after making me kill the other boy." He was lost in memories, Cole's smiling face in front of him. He had never been that happy again. He wasn't sure if he ever would. He had almost been...with Awenfen...but he blew it.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante once again had to fight a flush at Memory's forward words. He rasped a breathy chuckle, eyes pinching shut with a smile at the man's compliment before quickly being pulled back into his storytelling, eager to hear of the older wolf's tales. His eyes widened gradually, shocked to earn the man was a warrior. Dante himself was a lousy fighter, or so he believed he would be, as the boy has never been in a true fight. Sure he'd gotten himself into a few spats in the tidepools as a pup, but never a real, bloody fight. He lowered himself to his haunches as Memory settled in, hind paws sticking out in at odd angles due to his lanky limbs. 

Dante's eyes fixated on the long scar running beneath the male's thick coat, an icy claw seizing his belly at the man's mention of how exactly it had got there. The boy scrabbled for a response, mouth lolling open a moment before words quickly rushed out of his maw, stumbling over each other in their haste to reach the other your pack had gendered rules? The young man's eyes were blown wide, flicking all over the man's face.

Dante could never have even thought of a thing to exist. Innisfree has been quite the opposite. Their community was grounded in the bonds that existed different relationships. Love was something to be celebrated, something free and evolving and never restricted by rules or expectations, there was no true structure to it. I've never...we never had any problems like that where I come from. We just, I mean intimacy of all forms is celebrated there. We've never had definitions for anything, I don't think? Dante's head tilted as he pondered what could lead a pack to have such ideas. I mean I've quite liked a few blokes in my time but we just, we never talk about that stuff I guess? S'just, you go with who you go with y'know? He shrugged, paws shuffling in the dirt in front of him. Birds or Blokes or whatever else, we're all just living things in the end. Dunno, he trailed off, looking to Memory to gauge his reaction.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It was cute, and obvious the kid had a crush on him. 
It would be nice to build a relationship in a way that was familiar to him. 
When the kid expressed shock and disgust at Nix's views, Memory pinned his ears. The hate and self loathing Memory had been taught was unique, Apparently. 
"That seems to be the common view. At least since I got here. I don't know about my birth pack- wasn't in it long enough. But Nix..Nix was a tyrant. The things I've done under his orders would make your pelt crawl." He answered solenmly. "Cole looked a bit like you. Sad eyes, and a smile that matches the sun. I've never loved anyone as much as I loved him. I want to...someday." 
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante nodded softly, following the man's words and hoping to convey that he cared. He couldn't imagine such a loneliness that might occur at being forced to estrange onesself from those beloved, but he sympathized immensely. He smiled a bit bashfully at Memory's kind praises, nose scurnching up as he laughed them off. When the other spoke once again of love, Dante found himself a bit lost in thought. He had been plenty fond of many wolves, and had loved platonically more than he could count, but the yearling wasn't sure he'd experienced one love the way the older wolf had described. He wasn't bothered by the idea, but found an itching under his pelt at the anticipation of it all. A sweet voice and silvery pelt crawled through his thoughts as he mused; perhaps there was a certain fondness he was developing already. I'm sure you will. Love is anywhere you let it be, I think, Dante's words drifted a bit, his voice trailing off as he broke into a new train of thought. 

He was quickly dragged out of his musings and back into the real world as the bright croak of a frog caught his attention. His head whipped towards the sound, a youthful energy flooding his body as he sniffed the air. Dante tipped his head back over his shoulder to adress the other man. Sounds like those frogs you were talking about, yeah? I think I could use a bite. A bite and a kip, he smiled brightly, allowing the man a moment to decide if he'd like to join the boy in his hunt or go his own way.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He's grateful for the distraction. 
giving a nod to his fellow hunter, a smirk crawls across his lips, and in a love voice he says, almost flirtatiously, "Now watch the master, and learn." 
Creeping forward, his eyes lock on one particularly large frog, it's booming call vibrating the water. He stalks forward silently, his pawsteps barely disturbing the water as he moves. Finally he's in position, and lunges, lightning fast, snapping the rubbery creature in midair as it tries to escape. 
REEEEEEEEE RREEEEEEEeeeeeee
The frog, puffed up in indignation releases an unholy screech before being silenced with a sickening crunch. 
Memory drops the frog at his new friend's paws, tail wagging. 
"There you go. Fresh frog." 
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
Dante giggled slightly, fond of the man's open behavior. Though he may've already been captivated by another, the boy was hardly one to turn down a casual flirt here and there. There was nothing wrong- to Dante at least- with some cheeky fun between friends, so long as nothing got too serious. 

The young wolf watched, impressed, as the man quickly siezed a frog, wincing slightly at the ear-splitting cry the thing wailed as it's breath left it. He offered a bright smile to the other man as the catch was deposited at the boy's toes, his head lowereing to prod at the thing before taking it in his jaws. Dante had been getting so many kind gifts from his packmates, surely he would grow plump and lazy if he continued on this way. Fanks, he mumbled around the frog, his eyes pressing together in an odd sort of smile before he adressed the other once again. I ca' catch sumfinf for you f'you 'ant he attempted inelegantly, chuckling a bit at himself afterwards.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Cute. The way he boyishly mumbles around a mouthful is too fucking cute he just wants to lick him all over. 
"Thanks. Maybe we can hunt sometime." He offers, a throaty note suggesting that they might be playing a game of "find the rabbit" eventually. 
He pads back to the water, eyes searching for a moment before he finds what he's looking for. 
"Watch this." A boulder, with a crevice underneath it. He sticks his paw in and pulls out a large catfish biting his leg, nearly the size of his head. He grabs a whisker and slowly drags it to shore, gulping and grunting. 
"Now how's that for a meal?" He crows.
102 Posts
Ooc — Florian
Away
A nervous laugh sounded from Dante's throat at the man's next remark. He supposed that the flirting may have been a little more than casual, and was eager to extract himself from the situation. Guilt pooled in his chest as he stepped back slightly- had he led the man on? He didn't want the other to feel as though they'd done something wrong, but still he felt slghtly uncomfortable with the advances.

His eyes widened quickly at the man's catch, he'd never seen any fish be caught so easily and swiftly before. Dante had always been a lousy fisherman, in fact he'd been insecure about it as a child due to the popularity of fishing within his community. To be so skilled as to catch a fish within seconds well...the man must have had super powers! He blinked owlishly for a moment before speaking, hesitantly That's quite a catch, I...wow. I'd love if you taught me sometime. His words trailed off, brow furrowing and pelt itching slightly. With the slightly awkward flirting and the triggering of his own silly insecurities, Dante was feeling quite odd, and decided it would be best to end their interaction before it got any stranger. 

[I'm so sorry he mumbled softly, heaving a breath before he continued, but I really must excuse myself now. With that, the young man was off on quick feet, on his way home without a second glance at the other. An interesting day it had been, indeed.