Otter Creek let it burn, burn, burn
<span style="color:#93a173; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#800000">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0202">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7a0405"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#770507">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#740709">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#70090c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6d0b0e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#6a0d11">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#660e13">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#631015">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f1218">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c141a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#59151c">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#55171f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#521921">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f1b23">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b1d26">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#481e28"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#45202a">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#41222d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e242f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b2632">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#372734">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#342936">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#302b39"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2d2d3b">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2a2e3d">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#263040">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#233141">y</FONT></i></span>
1 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
this is such a weird post, i'm sorry, lol.

Fall was on the cusp of entirely consuming the earth. Sveinx could feel it in the decadent whisper of chill on the air, in the shortened days, in the already changing colors of some of the leaves. Autumn, in it’s full glory had always been Sveinx’s favorite season, even though it represented, in it’s own way, death. Death, as an abstract concept, in and of itself was inevitable. It would come to claim everyone, eventually. In his father’s terms, though Sveinx had never truly committed himself to the Greek Mythology as a religion, Persephone had been stolen back to the Underworld as part of her pact with Hades. He had heard all the stories numerous times over, and the Legionnaire could, accordingly, probably tell them in his slumber. Poison apple green eyes took in the trees that were both familiar and alien to him. Leaving Flightless Falcons had been a decidedly hard choice…leaving his strong willed, but elderly parents in the paws of his younger siblings -- though notably (as far as Sven was aware, anyway) he, technically, left their care with Custard, his twin (unless Custard, too, left, Tokio doesn’t want to assume anything!). Not all of his siblings were entire boneheads, yet, regardless, saying what had likely been his final goodbyes before vanishing into the molten fires of the sunset, had left a ridged, festering wound in his heart. Goodbyes, apparently, had not been meant to be easy.

Despite this, Sveinx kept going, though in truth, he knew not the nature of his journey. Just that he felt he had to leave. Perhaps in the pursuit of his younger sister, Koontz, for he had headed in the general direction she had since departed along however long ago she’d left, but there was no guarantee he’d find her (even if he were searching for her), and further not enough certainty to use that as an excuse. As for a true excuse; he had none. He needed none. He was an adult, capable of making his own decisions, and not needing to explain them to anyone. With a shake of his head, the large, ivory colored legionnaire paused at the bank of the base, exposing the strong curve of his spine as his muzzle dipped down to the rippling surface of the creek, lapping at the cool, refreshing water, triangular ears thrust to the sides, alert and listening for any noises that did not belong to his surroundings.

221 Posts
Ooc — sietch
I hope you don't mind-

It was different to be in a terrain so finely dictated by the seasons. There was no presence of dry, dusty winds and threatening monsoon clouds on the horizon. In fact, the blue peaks blocked a yellow sky, pristine-free of any fluffy white masses. The air was crisp and lacked all familiar scents that used to tickle Dovev's nostrils. No longer was the ground a hard packed dirt and grass mixture, and the ponderosa pines had dropped away to reveal a wide swatch of expansive river drainage. It was jaw-dropping compared to high-desert plateaus, even if his body was more used to a warm, pine-ridden climate. After moons of traveling, the ivory brute had led himself north into the unknown.
His footfalls were masked by the plaits of grass that grew wild, their tips reaching to stroke his underside. Everything had been so radically new on the titan's paled eyes. He had been displaced over mountain ranges, forests, and plains before reaching this river valley. It was here that Dovev felt the compulsion to stop his northward ramblings. The large brute's attentions were drawn to the rich green and yellowing forests, surrounded by grass and streams.. bordered by impossibly tall mountains. It was perfect, and seemingly uncrowded. The slight breezes would push aromas of prey, and such he could detect a few that were also native to Kaibab. He could visualize the physical change sweeping across the unexplored territories, taking ash and birch trees by a pastel golden grip and painting their leaves brilliant hues. It was a sight Dovev was presently surprised to see. There was nothing like this back in his natal terra.
He felt, with each promising step down the gently sloping bed, that an expectant future lay in wait. Oh, it would be so rewarding to rule himself for once, without the constraints of a pack. To find a nitch in this beautiful pasture and live a comfortable life, providing for himself. It was a daunting task to be a loner, however. He had grown skinny hunting for himself, without the aid of others to bring down the vitally important big game. And every impulse in a lone wolf's life was to yearn for something greater- whether it be a pack, or just that special mate for life. Dovev had neither.
The pace had slowed, and slowly his cranium turned west. Past reddish hued brush and thistles, something stirred his attentions. Of course. Of course there would be wolves here- this land was too perfect and suited for them. He hadn't caught the scent earlier, and now he was too close to the stream to smell anything else. Quietly, the white beast slipped through the grass and onto a sizeable creek in front him. Making no move to interact, Dovev's only movement was a wary, slightly self-assured stare in the stranger's direction.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: I hope both of you don't mind me joining! Seems like a three-wolf thread would be fun with our new characters ...and Hawkeye couldn't resist such handsome wolves ;)

Hawkeye quietly studied the massive, snowflake-colored wolf from a ledge that swooped down into the rich, multi-colored forest. His ashen blue eyes observed all sights in his path. She had an amused smile on her face as he heard the other large, pearly-colored wolf lapping at the clear, deep blue creek. His eyes were a bright, leafy green color, though, similar to her own eyes, except hers were more pastel-looking.

Moving her ebony legs forward, Hawkeye slid down the small cliff and began trotting toward the creek. Any slight movements, whether from insects, furry critters, or even the breeze, was not missed. Her unbelievable eyesight had come at a cost; she was nearly deaf in her right ear, and hard-of-hearing in her left. Hawkeye was comfortable and content, though, knowing that she could trust her key-lime eyes completely.

While weaving in between the crowded arbors, she came up with a plan and immediately followed it. The dark female circled behind the grey-blue eyed male, giving enough space so that there was absolutely no chance of hearing her padding through the greenery. When she got to the creek, she snaked her way up to the edge of the shimmering glass sliding by. She watched with her special eyes (ooc: my brand! hehehe) and waited to see what would happen.