Gilded Bay mellow
4 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
We're goin on an ADVENTURE

Well this place was a right paradise.  Her decision to move up in the world was paying off, and if those rotten mealworms that called themselves a 'crew' were here, she'd rub the lot of em's muzzles in it.  Sandy beaches, stiff breezes, and was that a fish sittin there all nice and pretty?

Don' mind ivvi do.  Ani sauntered right up to the unfortunate thing and gave it a little flip.  Got to make sure there wasn't nothin rotten about it.  Seemed fair.  With one last glance around for anyone who might be thinkin of trying something fancy, Ani dug heartily in.
45 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
The more she came here the more she became jealous of these wolves, sitting pretty and fat on their shoreline. Tortuga was miserable in comparison; even the land a few miles out was picked bare from generations of pirate excess and misuse. It fueled what rage she had, to both Alizarin and Rusalka. The boy was from here, certainly, and had grown soft and fat on these shores. No doubt he had come to Tortuga simply on a lark. She'd seen plenty like that. He made a mistake joining her crew.

She tried not to stew in her rage, though the urge became strong to as her mind blanked when she walked. When she finally came to focus she found that she was not alone in this bay. There was a coyote a few lengths away from her, eating a fish.

Coyotes weren't rare in Tortuga. In fact, some became crewmembers, or at least the sire of a few. She had no strong prejudices for or against them — to her, they were just small wolves. She chuffs to alert her presence, knowing that they were rather skittish things.

Eartha's crew is free to join any of her threads.
4 Posts
Ooc —
She was halfway through it when some other wolf showed up, a rough lookin one too.  Ani eyed her as she finished chewin her piece, makin sure she knew her manners an didn't move no closer.  She wasn't about to toss aside her first meal in days on account of some random tosspot.

Oi! Iv you fink I'm sharin enny'ov vis'ere find, you'd be be'ah off soddin off t'va next one.  Cuz I ain't.  There was no tellin when she'd get lucky next, and no charity was worth starvin.  Now, if this wolf meant business, that was a whole nother story.  No sense offerin until she was pressed.
45 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away

Her time in Tortuga had accustomed her to some rough and thick accents, but this? Well, this was new. Eartha couldn't help but chuckle, rough and dry as it was. I'm not interested in your meal, she said simply. She looked over the coyote — most of them looked the same to her. Are you from Tortuga?

4 Posts
Ooc —
XD btw thank you for joining (and I am sooo sorry)

Ou?  Wel alrigh'y ven.  Please'ta mee' ya.  She gave the pirate a grin and her entire demeanor shifted now that she knew her prized find was safe from thievin jaws.  If'n this was gonna be civilized company, she could meet up to that.  At the mention of Tortuga, the coyote's large ears swiveled, but she shook her head rapidly and gave a shrug.  Alluv you're lo' sounsa same ta me.  I'm no' really in'teres'ed in someone wot more'n likely be wan'in'a piece o'me.  No siree.  She kept to herself and other coyotes more often than not.

That wasn't to say never, ofcourse.  If'n the pay was right an the job was good, she wasn't above mixin with no wolf-kind.  It just had to be worth riskin her neck in the process.
45 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away

She calmed down now that her food wasn't at risk. That was the way things went with smaller creatures (and some of the more feral members of her own kind); food was hard enough to get while also trying to avoid being food yourself. Eartha had the support of her crew to provide for her needs; she didn't need to debase herself by stealing from a coyote's meager score.

The coyote deflected, but she hadn't expected anything more or less from one. Fair enough, she said, after parsing through what the coyote was saying. I was curious more than anything; your accent sounded familiar.

4 Posts
Ooc —
Wha' accen'?  She didn't know what this wolf was nattering on about.  Wolves always seemed to talk with a funny tone compared to her old crew, but you didn't see her pointin' it out, didya?  Fact, they usually ran with company too, and Ani took a beat to look suspiciously behind.  No one on her tail.

Ay, you go' yesselv a crew?  She might not have a gang now but that didn't mean she was opposed to tyin on with someone who looked capable.  Maybe she was more bone than flesh, but she had some skills here.
45 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away

A rare thing happened. She, Eartha Cooper, Captain of Skeleton Quay, laughed. It was a brief, tittering thing, but it was a laugh nonetheless. She hadn't realized, hadn't ever considered that the coyote would know that she spoke in an odd tone.

Aye, the Tortugan confirmation drawled out of her. There's a few with me here, and many back in Tortuga. I'm a Captain.