The Heartwood Angels are falling from the sky
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
set during and immediately after this thread tagging @Aerenys

Eldritch had been awake, watching the mountain that stood tall over the Wilderness. An awe-struck wonder on her face as she stared unblinking at the Spear, and as a blink signalled the meteor coming down, Eldritch's white gaze bore on in amazement as the falling star streaked through the sky and collided ruthlessly into the mountain, no doubt killing any and all who were too close, and making part of the mountain crumble and slide into the forest directly below. 

Had the Moonspear clan angered the gods? Somehow, Peryite or Sithis? 

Dutifully, Eldritch hastily saught Mati, calling her name in ushered quiet. 
"Aerenys! Aerenys, did you see it?!" The Witch called when she found her, looking to the tall spire where the mountain seemed to be smoldering up in the impact site. Excited, Eldritch swayed her tail with enthusiasm to see such a sight.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
The gods were not just angered. They were destroying the world.

Aerenys had not wandered far from Eldritch, thinking perhaps to hunt something for them, when the air had filled with a heavy stillness. Suddenly, it seemed as if the world had fallen silent, as if even the Princes stopped to watch the ruin of the Moonspear empire. Her mismatched orbs lifted and the Priestess had fallen as still as the wilderness around her, lips parting in equal parts horror and awe as she watched the comet fall and strike the mountain. A thunderous boom, louder than anything she could fathom even from a distance -- loud enough that her ears rang with the impact. 

At first, she did not even register Eldritch's presence -- could not hear her over the roar of the meteorite exploding -- and then she could scarcely tear her eyes away from the plumes of rock and dust that billowed out from the newly formed crater to rain over the mountainside. Finally, her onyx crown wrenched and she pulled her eyes away from the otherwordly sight. Wide-eyed, the witch nodded in stupefication before answering.

"Yes...yes. It is the gods...it is Mehrunes," the Melonii hissed, madly, as her gems of amethyst and sapphire moved back to the crumbling summits. "He destroys."
"you said she's scared of me?"

"but maybe it's because I'm wearing your c o l o g n e."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Mati seemed as awestruck as she herself was. 
Listening to her fellow witch's hisses of spiritual madness, the same madness that would claim Eldritch into the tendrils of the Daedra sooner or later in her life, the Seer nodded in grave acceptance of Aerenys' words, turning to watch beside her as the spire seemed to keep falling and the world seemed to continue to tremble for a short time after the fall of the fiery core. 

"Do you think they made him angry in some way? Or would he destroy them just for the amusement?" 
Eldritch looked to Mati with her question.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
"I do not know," the witch murmured in answer, still watching the mountain crumble dazedly. She did not know the wolves of Moonspear and could not say whether they had done anything to rile the Daedra. "But I would not put it past him to destroy the peak on a whim, yeah," she drawled wispily in her Bayou accent. "He is one of our darkest gods."

The boom had sparked the conflicted workings of her mind, except these were no colorful hallucinations -- no vivid sparks or morphing swirls of vibrant hues. The shapes that billowed out of the moutain amongst the clouds of smoke were black as ink, writhing in horrible, demonic shapes as they danced into the sky. They cackled and crackled with glee at the ruin below, undulating in jerky movements. The voices of Mehrunes and Mephala sparked towards her from the mess of shattered rock but the words were but tangled snippets lost in the wind. 

"We should investigate," the witch suggested, turning then to see if her night-sister was in agreeance.

Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch hmmed softly at Mati's first answer, slanting her ears some as she mentioned Mehrunes might destroy the mountain on a whim. 

To the suggestion of investigation, Eldritch looked back to the fallen spear, then returned her white gaze to her night sister "I think yes. Perhaps we could help any survivors, and gain further knowledge, if the Daedra will it." 
With that, the shadow took a few steps forth, only trotting fully once Aerenys herself made to move for the Moonspear.
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
Aerenys nodded, gaze moving from the shadows that had claimed the sky -- like daemons released from hell, or more likely twisted beings of Molag Bal's escaping Coldharbour and its desolate oblivion -- and to the calm silvers of her mentee. With a dip of her head, she followed along behind the Nightwish as Aphelion tightened around her nape, stride lengthening to a lope alongside her night-sister's as they hastened toward the shattered 'spear.