Ravensblood Forest forgetting you in a cabaret
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
ouriding like a boss

Leaving the Plateu had become a recurring act for Finn everytime his head wandered again to those shady scenarios of love he had never considered. He would surprise himself sighing like a fool, while blinking up at clouds that oddly resembled her face. The male would shake his head and whisper a reprimand for his taunting subcouncious who responded by playing a set of images and memories that were bound to drive him crazy.

You cannot be tied down, he told himself as he raced past the river's edge and into a forest he had not explored before. Besides having a consuming fear of enclosure, he also felt himself panic at the thought of commitment. Contracts were not his forte.

But running away was.
He had ran from home once his irreverent attitude had become almost unbearable for the few members of her family-knit pack. Besides they had already threatened to kick him along with his mother if he refused to simmer down. He had ran away the first time he heard thunder crash from the skies, leaving a perfectly good piece of meat abandoned because the fear took over him.

And now he was running away because he was afraid to fall. Not into a canyon or a cliff but into a feeling he didn't comprehend.
Love.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Esperanza walked through the landscape, her emerald optics shifting from the left and right, trying to find something to do. She was looking for someone who she might have a connection with and start a family with, but nothing could be done if she was pushed away like she did. Even if she would only talk and find a friend, that would be enough for her. Her ears were erect as she began to lap at the water of a stream when she had approached it. A small sigh escaped her mouth and she lied down, looking to the clouds that she could see through the leaves of the trees.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
hi! thanks for joining and as you've noticed I decided to change the title :p

He only stopped when his paws could no longer feel the ground, in his imagination the ground that held him had shattered into emptiness, one that made him feel that he really was falling down the hypothetical cliff created in his mind. The truth however was that all the erratic running had left his paws numb and his lungs exhausted, like deflated balloons that cried for air.

His lips parted slightly, allowing air to flow down his trachea again. Not only did he feel physically exhausted, but also emotionally drained. Unconciously his feet dragged him to the edge of the creek, seeking too quench his thirst.

After a long cool drink, the male turned, finally noticing that he had company. A jet-black wolf with emerald eyes laid lazily under a tree, and though his first thought went to the pack's Healer and Beta --Blue Willow-- he quickly realized it was not her. The silver-dipped man began to walk towards her, his tail held in a neutral position.

You lost? he barked once the distance between them had been reduced. Though he was not hostile or harsh, his tone did hold a tinge of seriousness. (something completely unnatural in him)
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The female woman would sense someone would be approaching the area, her emerald eyes looking over to the body of water that was a couple yards from her. A young, handsome wolf had approached it and was quenching his thirst. He seemed to be a pack wolf as his scent slowly lingered around her, many different scents surrounding her nostrils, knowing that he was indeed a pack wolf, and a high-ranking wolf as well. She used to be an alpha's daughter, but due to an illness that took everything and everyone from her life, she became a lone wolf soon after.

The male, before long, soon approached her, his paws making gentle strides toward her as she would meet his gaze. He would ask if she was lost, a bit of seriousness in his tone when he asked it. "No, I am only resting so that I can travel some more. If I am in your pack lands I apologize, I am only just passing through and will be on my way as soon as my legs are rested up. Pardon my rudeness, I should say my name as well. My name is Esperanza, but many just call me Esper. Due to your scent, I can tell you are a high-ranked wolf in your pack, just like me when I was your age."
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
:B

His olive eyes rested on her face, silently wondering if she was Blue Willow's stunt double, as Finley was to him. Though as she began to speak his senseless thoughts were wuickly dismissed from his mind. Though this female was as diplomatic as Blue, she held a certain glint of hidden mystery in the edge of her eyes.

He pricked his ears and whipped his tail around as she commented on his rank, though he didn't see the tag given by Alpha's as the sole label of your status, he did appreciate being aong the elite (in his mind of course).

She didn't seem like an old wolf, not in appereance, yet she confessedd having been of a high rank when she was his age. An obvious give away for him of her seniority. You're not on pack lands miss, I am Finn from Blacktail Deer Plateu he barked, slightly flexing his muscles as the name of his packs was pronounced.

What happened then? Did you give it up to become a traveller? he asked, no sarcasm or judgement hidden in his voice. He had also left his home, with nothing to his name and no knowledge of the world that awaited outside.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
"I may only be four years old, but I call myself a senior. And for your question on if I gave it up, no, it was not like that, Finn. There was a horrible illness that plagued my pack for many years. The illness caused your eyes to bleed, as well as all around your body if you didn't have any wounds. My father and mother were the last ones to be killed by this horrid sickness, and I left my lands when I was two years of age and became a lone wolf. Everything I once held dear was taken away from me," Sadness was in her eyes as she wished she could relive those days, but she could not since the past was in the past. Her eyes closed as a single tear fell from her eyes.

"Pardon my emotional breakdown, I made sure that this illness is not in me. I am only just a lone wolf who lost everything, nothing special. Enough about me, would you mind telling me something about yourself?" She looked to him, wiping the tears away with her paw as her emerald optics met his own.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

What the young man expected to be a casual encounter quickly turned into a sob-fest. His eyes widened as the female began telling her complete biography in a sad, melancholic tone. As strangers, he hadn't expected for her to get so emotional or to tell him at all. He, for instance, wouldn't even think of telling the first wolf he met what lied in his heart.

For a second, as the ebony she-wolf continued to whine, Finn wondered if it had been something he had said that had triggered her tears. Though before he could make any movement or even make a sound, she apologized, asking a stroy about him in return.

Naturally, the man blinked at her with confusion. He wasn't used to this traditional way of introducing to another. Most of his approachs or encounters were based on jokes and witty remarks. Formality it seemed wasn't his forte either.

Umm,well I come from far away, left home because I grew sick of my pack and they grew sick of me he barked awkwardly, his shoulders slumping towards the end of his narration.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Esperanza didn't expect him to say anything unlike her. Though his was short and sweet, while hers was long and descriptive, she didn't know that he was willing to tell her anything about himself and about what he thought about his home or what they had thought about him. Though, saying that the pack didn't care about him seemed like an understatement as she stood upright and met his gaze. "I'm sure it's nothing like that, Finn. Sometimes it does seem that way, but, your pack is like an extended family. Though we cannot stand each other for some time, we still care about each other in different ways."
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

While a more sensible wolf would've taken the female's words as comfort, Finn shook his head. He had been told many times that if he didn't get his act straight he might as well leave. And though his birth pack was solely family-based, all the inmidiate relatives he had was his mother. All the others were second cousins or uncles, though they seemed to forget that when treating him. (Because all knew where he had come from, they all knew that his blood was tainted -- All except himself)

Though they had various chances of telling him about his true lineage, not even his mother dared to speak of his father. For all of them , it was a tragic disgrace to have him among his ranks, because the blood of the enemy flowed through his veins. And although no one told him so, they didn't bother to hide it either.

No, they were my mother's family but not mine. They didn't want me to be so and I didn't want it either he barked again, not knowing why he was even bothering to explain himself.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
She nodded in understanding, guessing that not everyone had a good life like herself, until it was taken away from her by that horrid epidemic. Her emerald eyes met his own, "I'm sorry that happened to you, Finn. I wish there was something that I could do to help, and if there is, tell me and I shall try to help in any way I can." Some would call her actions disgraceful and or questionable, but this was the way she was all her life, and she would not change for anyone unless she had to for unknown reasons.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Though he his childhood had been rough and lonely, he didn't think of it as a bad childhood. Depite the bullying and the teasing, he had had a lot of fun while growing up; and though he had gotten himself and his mother in a lot of trouble because of his pranks he had been a happy child.

When the female offered her support, the silver male blinked at her with surprise. It was rare to find a friendly loner these days, most were worried about their own well being (and they were not to blame) but this female seemed genuinely concerned for him. It was confusing for him, it wen't against the single law he had learned while being a loner: the world was dog eat dog place, where only the fittest survived.

No, thanks though.. I've gotte over it now he barked, curling his lips into a gentle smile. Finding a kind soul stranded in the open was like finding a diamond among charcoal rocks.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
Esperanza smiled kindly and lied down, curling her tail around her bodice as emerald optics shone in the sunlight. Her ears stayed erect as the sounds of crows began to echo in her lobes, taking her back to the memories of her pack being picked off by those ruthless birds. She snarled as one landed in front of her and cawed. Esperanza snarled and patted at the black bird, causing it to fly in shock and snapped down on her ear, tearing her right ear as it began to drip blood. She yipped in pain as the bird joined it's flock, but Esperanza didn't care about the blood as she soon sat down and sighed, looking down as she thought of her family once more. Every time she wished to forget the epidemic that took her families life, it always came back despite her valiant efforts to try and stop the horrid memory.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

His olive eyes settled on her, though he heard the birds callings too he found it weird for them to be near the coast. His ears swiveled brusquely on top of his head as one of the feathery creatures landed in front of the female. He watched with interest as she threw a punch at it, only to have the bird retaliate with a snap on her ear.

Fueled by the shap cried of both Esperanza and the crow, Finn lunged forward attempting to catch the bird between his jaws before it could escape. Unfortunately the crow was faster and managed to slip away before the man's jaws closed around him.

What the hell is wrong with that thing?! he barked with annoyance, turning his head to inspect the female's wound. Though he was a total ignorant when it came to healing he offered his help. Umm, shall we call someone, there a healer in my pack he offered lamely, his eyes glued to the cut the bird had left in her ear.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
The ebony woman smiled and shook her head. She had experienced more dramatic wounds than this, so she paid no heed to it. She would only have to wash it, and then wrap it with a leaf, which was something she would be able to do. Her emerald eyes met his own and she smiled kindly, "Thank you for your concern, Finn, but on my travels I have learned to be a healer myself, so this wound means nothing to me. All I need is to mash some herbs together, grab two leaves and place sap on them, or cobwebs, and leave them there for a couple days so my wound won't get infected."
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Though her injury wasn't alarming, Finn continued to eye the little droplets of blood that trickled down her ear staining her ebony coat with a reddish glow. He wondered if it stung, it looked painful but the female wasn't even bothered.

She explained briefly that her years as a loner had trained her as a healer. The young male looked at her with interest, not only did she look like Blue Willow but she was also a healer. Interesting; though not as much as what she seemed to be explaining about mashing stuff and and infections and other words that were foreign for him.

He bobbed his head in feigned understandment, though he realized it was valuable knowledge he thought that healing was not his calling. What brings you here to the Wilds? he asked then, wondering if she was searching for something in particular.

59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
She looked to him, her words kind and compassionate. The male seemed to have an interest, in a way, of what she had been saying to him. Though, despite her speaking, she knew he did not understand the words that she spoke, maybe foreign to him. But, a smile still plastered on her face, she replied in a calm and soothing voice, "I am looking to join the Swiftcurrent Creek pack. I am told that they need a healer, and I am applying for the position."
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

Swiftcurrent, he mused aloud, remembering that had been the place the Plateu's dear Alpha, Fox, had come from. The reasons of her departure were never really clear to him but he supposed it had nothing to do about the place, since when they had first met there she seemed content.

I don't know much about them, though that you're far away.. he pointed out, motioning to the beachy surroundings that they were caught in. He was also fairly far from the Plateu, but he had chosen to distance himself from it. It had been the stress (his passion for scouting) and his own paws that had drove him in this direction.
59 Posts
Ooc — Esperanza
She kept the smile upon her face as she nodded and looked to the clouds that soon began to form. A storm seemed to be approaching them, but she paid no heed for rain was something that she was used to on her journeys. Her emerald pools met Finn's optics, a small look of content in her eyes as she nodded to the male's reply. She had walked a long distance already, she would be able to walk more to get the destination she was aiming for.

"Looks like a storm is brewing," she would say, suddenly, as if on cue, thunder roared into the land, lightning also flashing. She rolled her eyes at the storm and chuckled, "Thank you for making a point for me!" She would holler to the sky, as if it would respond to her.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
last post, thanks for the thread!

If it were not because of his lack of spirituality he would've sworn the female before his eyes had some sort of uncomprehensible connection with nature. At the pronunciation of the word 'strom' the heavens realeased a roaring thunder in response, causing the female to chuckle and speak to the clouds as if these had ears.

He shot a funny look at her, and then at the sky, waiting maybe for another thunder or perhaphs a lightning to fall next to their feet. Instead millions of tiny droplets of water fell onto his head and back. It was time to head back.

Well,it was nice to meet you Esper, he began, while flattening his ears as a fat raindrop splashed against his forehead. Do you want me to walk you out of here or are you alright staying? Swiftcurrent is far on the east side, he barked, not wanting to leave the injured female alone by the sea. Especially after knowing where she was headed.