Frostfire Ridge a last minute man of faith
48 Posts
Ooc — torvi
All Welcome 
maybe someone from moonglow? but all welcome! <3

as the morning waned into afternoon and then begun it's gradual shift into evening the snowfall that had plagued majority of the day had turned into a light rain. arius does not mind; though he barely feels the cold air that drifts from the glacier along the ridge. there is a numbness within him emotionally that is only broken by the heavy press of sorrow that threatens to drown him and the white hot splice of anger that threatens to burn him.

stuck between two warring disasters within himself as he tries ( and fails more than he'd like to admit ) to process the death of not just one but both parents.

he holds to the fact that ensio remains, and that lane had heard and acknowledged his desire to train as for a leadership position.

the agreement he made: that he would get to know the wolves of duskfire hangs looming in front of him. patrols offered an effective distraction from his miasma of emotions ...but he felt he was already failing on his end, feeling like he hasn't made much of a leeway.

and even so, it is not the wolves of the glacier he seeks but rather the wolves of their allies; those of moonglow. for weren't, he reasons, allies just as important?

arius is a very unreliable narrator. he twists events / things said to him to fit his own narrative. it is, in no shape or form personal, and not a reflection of me OOCly.
80 Posts
Ooc — twin
coraline had done her best to avoid the wolves of moonglow and duskfire glacier alike, despite her joy at mireille's desire for her to stay. the sea-born girl was miserable so far inland, away from her mothers and her beloved cliffs — but there were undeniably wonders here, too. the towering terrain of the ridge was one such, with its endless blankets of woodland and its endless grassy stone-strewn fields that almost reminded coraline of the sea in a strange sort of way. she enjoyed the cover of the forest far more than being among the rolling grasses; something about seeing all that land stretched out before her, with no end in sight no matter where she turned, made her feel a bit queasy.

today the sea-girl wove among the woodland in pursuit of a scent she'd caught, one she thought she recognized for some reason. eventually, she spotted the boy who'd left the trail — at a distance, toward the thinning of the tree-line where coraline was reluctant to stray. he wasn't familiar at all, though she hadn't truly expected to recognize him. the realization froze her in place nonetheless, and she stood in stark silence and utter stillness as she watched him, uncertain of her next move.
48 Posts
Ooc — torvi
dumb boy with an instant crush ahoy~

it was not a moonglow wolf he found, at least, arius didn't think so. regardless she was a wolf all the same — about his own age if he had to guess, though he couldn't be certain aside from that she was surely not yet a yearling. but that was not the most striking thing about her. as it stood, with multiple half-siblings and fellow cubs, arius was rather used to seeing wolves around his own age. no, it was her coat; a vibrant palette of a setting sun. creams and reds and browns.

frostfire ridge in an entire color palette.

and he was entranced —

realizing that he looks a bit like a spooked cat, he eases the tension in his muscles and smooths his hackles.

uh, hi, arius greets; regretting the words as soon as they're out of his mouth because they sounded entirely too lame and a lot more high pitched than he'd have liked.

are you from moonglow? he asks then, assuming that it was a good place to start — forgetting that he probably should've started with his name first.

arius is a very unreliable narrator. he twists events / things said to him to fit his own narrative. it is, in no shape or form personal, and not a reflection of me OOCly.
80 Posts
Ooc — twin
despite her horror at being discovered by one of the glacier-dwellers, coraline was fascinated. the boy was rugged and smelled of ice and greenery, entirely foreign in his bearing and the way he walked. he certainly looked as if he'd been made to dwell in this harsh and colorless place. more than ever, she longed for the sea.

but while she was here, perhaps she would try to learn about the world beyond the cliffs. the boy addressed her, seeming as startled as she was by their abrupt encounter. are you from moonglow? he asked, and she quickly shook her head.

i be from sapphique — by de sea, she told him, longing in her voice when she spoke of the sea. i came here wid my sister, mireille. perhaps he knew her? she eyed him, trying to be discreet as she took in the sheer bulk of his still-growing form.
48 Posts
Ooc — torvi
she speaks of being from a place called sapphique ...from the sea; though the name rings no bells of recognition within arius. but in lieu of being super insensitive and stating as such he makes a small noise of acknowledgement in the back of his throat.

i'm from the glacier, she hadn't asked but it felt important to state it nonetheless. it was a fact he was proud of, after all. as of the moment, it shaped his whole identity: being a duskfire and being an heir of the glacier — even if no one else seemed to like that word as it was attached heavily to the entitlement arius clearly felt.

my name is arius, he offers in introduction, tail giving a small wag, before breaking out of his stupor, realizing that it was probably pretty rude he hadn't asked about her sister as she'd made a point to mention her. what brings you and your sister ...mireille... to the taiga? he inquires innocently, assuming ( without anything to go by ) that her home was far away.

the pair exchange words for a while yet before eventually parting ways.