Ravensblood Forest ""Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore.""
32 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 

Set to follow their encounter with Omak, aka "Tulok"

Their job had been done. 

If they had succeeded, Omak would keep a distance. If failure is the fated result, then they would likely be meeting again... sooner than expected.

The shadowed man now walked alongside @Avery Cruor. A time for walking at his heel had passed. 

No longer were they strangers. 

No longer were they simple men. 

They were but brothers in arms. A duo given a single purpose: To defend. 

Thus far, they have served well and will continue doing so.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery felt the tension slowly leaving his body as he was swallowed by the forest that had become his home. With Azarov at his side he felt at ease, knowing he had someone he could trust. He knew words typically escaped him but he felt he should thank him somehow.

"Violante and I may be expecting pups. It's been difficult for me to have her away like this. Not to mention strangers near her." Avery chuckled bitterly before continuing, "Of course she doesn't need or want me hovering but she knows I will anyway." Not what I had in mind. It felt like the wrong thing to say, but also the right thing, confiding in his fellow pack defender.  He trailed off, hoping Azarov understood. Avery had begun to see the dark wolf next to him as a friend in a way. 

Continuing to fumble for words Avery remembered an important conversation that he needed to broach. "We should probably start coordinating more. If we are expecting pups, I'll want to stay near her, but I've been exploring and running our borders. We can switch off or-" Avery stopped here, remembering to take a breath and to give his companion a chance to respond.
32 Posts
Ooc —

It had never been seen: another finding an immense trust in the shadow man, and the shadow man finding a friend in a man who could have been his enemy. The two got along quite well, as it was safe to say.

A ramble of words was all it was, but Azarov knew what the Warden meant. He had never had a mate, nor been expecting children; but there was something about the situation that came as instinct. If in Avery's place, he would want to be at her side too.

Its understandable. Azarov will watch territory. Husband care for wife.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
His tangent had him thinking. They'd never really discussed among themselves their strengths and weaknesses. It would become increasingly important to understand one another's combat styles as their pack grew.

Avery looked once more to the man at his side. "Would you be interested in sparring? I'm sure we have different techniques, it could be helpful in coordinating. As an after thought he added, "Preferably minimal blood drawn of course." Avery smirked bitterly. The spars he had grown up with had been all out war. Avery had a fair share of blood on his paws, but he felt he never truly learned how to fight. The techniques Avery had learned throughout his life had been all about survival. Kill or be killed. 
32 Posts
Ooc —

A spar, eh?

This was the first time such a thing has been requested. It would surely be accepted. A chance like this would not be missed.

I could spar. The shadow nodded, a crude grin flashing upon his often stoic face.

Although the blood spill would be minimal, the thought of grasping flesh sent a fervent chill down his spine.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
With Azarov's agreement, Avery mentally prepared himself. He squared his shoulders and let the emotion leave his mind. He moved a distance away from Azarov, giving them space, just in case. 

Avery bowed his head, before rising it to meet Azarov's eyes. He nodded then and made the first move. He launched himself forward with his back legs with as much power and speed as he could muster, darting towards Azarov head on.
32 Posts
Ooc —

The man came charging forward with great intensity.

Azarov, being slighty unprepared, had no opportunity to counter before a head slammed harshly against his chest. Air was knocked away for many seconds. 

The shock was proving difficult to recover from, but shadow man intended to fight back with great strength regardless. Snarling aloud, ferocity grew. 

Gaping a large jaw, the dark one aimed to get a grasp of the nape's flesh. All the while, a heavy shoulder was pushed forward to prevent the opponent from having a chance to turn away from the attack with ease. If Azarov could manage a hold, he would drag with all might and force Avery against the earth in a pin, using his greater mass as an advantage.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery felt the man's jaw begin to close onto his nape, he leaned heavily onto his right side dropping to the ground, allowing his shoulder to take the brunt of his fall. He rolled away, jumping to his feet, sides heaving. He smirked arrogantly, "Your turn."
32 Posts
Ooc —

As the gray man fell, Azarov relinquished his grip to prevent himself from joining the sprawl.

Silver eyes curiously watched as his opponent stood. The smirk he gave came as a challenge, which only egged the sentinel on.

In a slow motion, the shadow circled, teeth bared; saliva strung from the edge of his curved lip.

Without even a second in halt, the dark figure rushed forward. Before a supposed impact, he jumped high, touching ground on the other side of his opponent. Veering sideways quickly upon doing so, the hope was for the distraction to have allowed time to turn and lift a foreleg to wrap around his shoulder in a bear hug-like motion. Snapping teeth reached upward for a hold on the nape a second time, hind legs dancing to keep his body against Avery's flank while the hug continued.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery saw the dark wolf rushing towards him, he began to brace for impact when he noticed Azarov's legs braced to leap, he waited, ready to duck. When he saw a foreleg closing in on his side, he laid flat on the ground, then jumped up, and opened his jaw in a snarl, aiming his jaw towards his opponents neck, ready to pin it to the ground. He couldn't help taunting the man in his mind. Give up, or are we gonna keep dancing?  
32 Posts
Ooc —

I will not be so quick so submit. He seethed in silence.

Teeth were out for blood. They aimed upward, targeting the dark furred throat.

No. Not this time. Snarling, Azarov jumped a distance from the man, then pushed against the weight of his feet and swerved. Planting a heavy foot roughly, he enacted a bull preparing to charge.

Rushing forward, he intended to slam against his opponents flank and give way to his balance.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Missing the dark man's throat Avery stopped hard, circling back slightly. His sides heaved, trying to regain breath. The exertion was beginning to affect his muscles. He took a moment to rest before looking back up to his opponent charging him, knowing he might not get out of this one.

Oh, shi-! Avery thought, just as his side was hit with a hard shove. He was down instantly. The wind was knocked out of him. He panted heavily. He knew he had been beat. He laid on the ground, making no further moves of aggression. Hoping to signal the end of their spar, he stood and bowed his head to his friend.   

Smiling, Avery met Azarov's eyes before chuckling, "I haven't felt this alive in ages! 
32 Posts
Ooc —

Soreness grew within Azarov's body as the impact was made. He hit his target with success, sending the Warden sprawling over the earth's floor.

"This is the end." He had been told; instructed such by the stillness of his opponent.

The dark man won, but he would never exhibit pride for triumph. He could have lost just as easily, so why celebrate? 

The first I have sparred in months. It had indeed been a substantial length of time. The rush of adrenaline had coursed through his veins. Only now, did it begin to subside.

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
This will be my last post in this thread, thank you!

Avery stood shaking slightly, his body betraying it's exhaustion from it's spent adrenaline. Chuckling he smirked at the dark wolf, "It's been awhile since anyone's knocked me off my feet." 

His mind raced with the afterthoughts of battle. As the haze died down he had a thought that rang with finality that he knew had to be spoken in some way. This wolf will be the greatest defense our pack will ever have, may he never leave us. 

The gray wolf shook out his fur and bowed his head slightly, before promising Azarov. "We are equal here, and I am glad you have chosen to stay."