Vendetta's Threshold
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Any BFW members, welcomed. :D◆

Slade was becoming accustomed to hearing the sounds of the scuttling of tiny footfalls, and the menacing trees sending whispers back and forth to each other. He had no issue with having the trek, anointing the already made borders, with his musky scent. If he was to be a member here with them, he would have to put in what he got out. Food, protection, and intellect. And if he desired to move up in the ranks, and be worthy of sidling up with the Queen, he would have massive loads of work to put in.

Deciding to replenish multiple caches due to their emptiness, he would conduct a hunt. He would need a helper, however.
Slade wanted to make killing a game.
He lifted up his voice to the wretched heavens, sending out a 'come here' to any member who could potentially be near him.
Sitting on his thickly muscled hinds, the dark king waited.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Still on TBD but I thought Slade deserved someone to answer him ;D.

The large grey male was slowly scanning his surroundings. He needed to know every corner of his new homeland if he didn't want to have any disadvantage. Burke made a challenging task since there where caves of endless tunnels under his paws without him knowing. That would be a quest for later. Now the new member focussed on finding pinpoints to remember. His light blue eyes scanned calmly around him. His docked tail held high, mostly because he was used to carry it like that. It was so refreshing to not have to watch his back all the time. If he lowered his tail he would have been in a fight with Roran for dominance.

His head raised when a howl summoned him. Burke wasn't the one to disobey orders. He had been an alpha himself, once, and he appreciated it when wolves immediately listened to his howl. Him being the newbie really grounded him. Every wolf was probably higher in rank than him and he would prove to them all that he was useful. His age and experience meant nothing, probably. His darker paws carried him to the sound that summoned him. Burke soon went from hearing to smelling to track the other wolf's location. His light blue eyes were the first thing to catch on when he stepped out of the underbrush, followed by his large grey body and ending with his stump of a tail.

"I've heard your call, oh dark one, and I am here to offer you my help. You may call me Burke." It was shown by his battle scars he knew his way around. He was a grown adult, 5 years old and still growing strong. He bobbed his head showing a short nod in good fashion, for now. He first had to see for what he was summoned.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
•much appreciated, thank you, Mar. Gonna bump this up to the present, and hopefully you gt accepted, or else poor thread will be nonexistent.
W_^V •

Slade was answered quite swiftly by a man, one who bore silvertine slivers as his sheathe, one graced with manners, and quite similarly aged. A male who walked with the confidence of wisdom, a lithe trait he shared with the greyscale, sky orbed hessian.

A returned nod to the newly appointed company, Slade greeted him as one would be if they joined a new family, which In this case, he was.

"Blessings to the parents of such a gentle stone wolf. Welcome to BlackFeather, Burke, I trust you have taken a liking to this beautifully crafted land?"

A jest, in truth is was. The sentence dripped the sarcasm that was allotted humor to the land, grounds full of death, despair, and vile misguided souls. Such a place, perfect to calling it a kingdom to the Nightmare.
With a softly inclined crown, he sent the light pelted man a soft chuff of recognition.

"I have not seen your hide amongst the darkness of he shadows that haunt this land, before. From what land have you hailed, friend?"

Without any hostile emotion, Slade examined him, the volcanic irises scanning the calm aura felt company.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Hopefully I will! Haha. Oh yes, poor Slade will have to wait for a new servant to listen to his call. ;'D Also saddening, because, I can see them become great friends

The Alaskan was pleased to see that he was not greeted with dislike or arrogance, even his parents were respectfully graced. Oh yes. This pack was exactly what he needed at the moment. Burke had and still was very respectful towards his elderly folks. He was certain that his 9 year old father was still on top of the pack. "Beautifully crafted indeed.." He grinned a little at the sarcasm. ".. I come from a land where thorns grew. My paws favor these soft and dark grounds," he lightly joked back with his charming attitude. "But before that I had the pleasure to be raised by a traditional pack in Alaska. Cold is no enemy to me anymore," he added.

Blue orbits were laid down on the nightmare black wolf. "I must say you decorate quite well in these surroundings," the male couldn't help but grin. The orange eyes of the other could possibly haunt someone's dreams, or would they be nightmares then? The calm wolf moved his docked tail a bit up in curiosity. He had not gotten the pleasure of learning the other's name. Maybe he was one of those mysterious and elusive wolves. Burke wasn't sure he would fit that type, still, you would never know. "What do you want me to call you, Dark One? I would keep calling you dark one, but something tells me there are more black wolves in this pack other than you and the Priestess."
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Merry meet, Artic Warrior. Indeed, the cold is prevelant in such a desolent place. You may have beat me in the essence of warmth in such a frosty time. However, I feel as though I hold a flame within that make me immune to such weather ailements."

Slade lowered his thickly muscled frame, his ebony serpentine like tassel coiling across his paws. In his deep baritones, he continued.

"My calling is Slade. Slade Nightmare. I hail from the home of Nightmares, a place lodged deep within the hollows of Ancient Elms and Petrified Pines. I was once ruler of the pack, The Nightmares, before an affair between my wife and my second in command caused a bit of...disturbance, in the pack. And after I murdered both of them, I left the pack, and made my way to a place just as blood thirsty."

Slade tapped a shadow webbed large paw against the ground , emphasizing his words and giving the BlackFeather land it's rightful title. Keeping his head held regally, he regarded the azure orbed man with his own fiery gaze.

"How has this land called to you, Burke? Have you too, felt the song of murder sing with your veins?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
The large grey slowly lowered his hindquarters in a sitting position. As the brief chat continued. His coat was once more as thick as it would get. In the spring the ground would be dusted with all his shedding body hair. He disliked summer. It was too hot and too bright. He preferred the winter far more, which seemed logical for an Alaskan. Another respectful bow of his head. "Merry meet, Slade Nightmare. A much better calling than oh dark one. I am not the most creative as it seems," he returned with a deep calm tone. His dark charcoal tipped ears popped up once the wolf across from him spoke about his past. He approved, especially since their past seemed to aline a bit.

"Dreadful beings some females. All they want is attention," he voiced his opinion. "Not that all females are like that. You just need to get the right ones. The whiny and flowery ones are for other purposes, if you know what I mean," Burke returned with one of his famous smirks. A grunt sounded as the blue eyed male cleared his throat. It was a bit rusty. A lone wolf did not talk as much as an alpha did. His pink tongue licked over his muzzle. Several things had attracted him to this area. "The religion of our Priestess. It interests me greatly and might be will to start practice it myself," he returned. A glint appeared in his eyes. The male was genuinely interested. He was also interested in other things but that would be only for him to know.

Burke then wanted to get to business, as nice as this conversation was, he was a wolf of duty. "Do tell me, Slade Nightmare, what is it you need my strength and calm mind for?," he inquired. He liked to do something fun and exciting. The large grey felt that he would not need to worry with this male. Already so many fun things came to his mind what they could do together.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Slade gave a hearty laugh to the sly definition Burke gave to 'other purposes'. Oh yes, and the 3 he had encountered served their purposes quite well..

"Yes, I took have been caught in the web of interest with Melphala and Sithis. This, along with the wisdom I hold in killing, has given me this mark."

With that, Slade cast his shoulder within the filtering and suffocated light, giving the company a view of The Dark Brotherhood emblem. The scarlet paw.
A mark that he found nearly impossible to fade away, simply by looking at it.

"One day, I may call you a fellow Brother in the cult of carnage, friend." he stated, as he moved to his original posisition away from the light.

As the man raised his own questions, Slade calmy answered them. He could not grow angry at one who he had found a tad of liking to. Especially one with manners, and a proper tongue. This one, unlike many, earned his aristocratic respect.

"We must hunt, and fill the caches for our Shadow Queen, Meldresi. She wishes they stay stockpiled to ensure her survival, her pups survival along with our own. "
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke grinned as he made his fellow pack mate laugh. Oh yes. He was feeling more at home already. It was true. There were only a few females that were worth staying with, others were just rather useful when they were in heat. Or well, even when they weren't in their heat. It made the large grey grin even more. Quickly afterwards his grind faded and his light blue eyes focussed on the scarlet mark on his shoulder. He immediately gave respectful nod. "I do hope so. You would make a better brother than my actual one," he comment. His eyes lingering on the mark. Oh yes he was going to put his mind on that. He wanted to have one in his fur too. A wicked grin turned on his face. Perfect.

His docked tail let out a little sway. Hmm so that shadow queen he heard about had just gotten pups? Well damn. And there he thought he might charm a fine lady like her. He would have to inquire more information about that. All with time, his calm told him. Burke liked to get what he wanted. "Only natural," he spoke with a firm nod. The stone grey male had been a provider for his pack for quite some years now. He would manage perfectly with helping his fellow dark packmate. "Would there a meal for me in the end?," Burke inquired. There was no denying that lone wolves ate less than the ones in a pack. The male felt like he could eat a whole deer at the moment. Not that he would show that. If not, he would go hunt alone after he had done his duties.

"Slade Nightmare, Can I just say I will look forward to our hunt. It is a real.. pleasure.. to meet someone who shares the same vision. I'm glad I came to your call. I do apologize for as I do not know this area just yet. What type of prey will we be hunting, and how many do we need for the cashes to be filled to the Queen's wishes?." Burke's stump of a tail moved a bit, indicating it was slightly wagging. In the meanwhile he mesmerized the scent of his fellow wolf, so he could always recognize it.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
With the words the greyscale said, another smile touched Slade's noble lips. So his brother had been a waste too, eh? Slade could think of countless times when his father demanded his own brother, Adair, to slay something, and the blue blooded whelp had been too much of a weakling to carry out the demand. That is why he was left behind, and assigned to The Forsaken pack. Slade knew down deep in his vile gut that Adair had to be the reason why his father had disappeared.

"I understand your sibling mislineage, friend. My own brother, too weak to keep up with the true Nightmares, was sent to The Forsaken, and never to return. That vile beast will be met again, one day. And that will be the day that I end his life."

Talking about the killing of his brother had caused the silver and peppered man before him to give his appreciation on the hut they were to commit to, together. With ears turned to face his back, and a arched neck, the dark king acknowledged the compliment with a grand posture, and strode across the clearing between them to pass a shoulder bump to the similar aged male.

"The beautiful perspective of learning, it's grandest attribute, is how it can be instilled within all. It is never too late to learn, Lord Burke. So far, all has come to past, only to be future's fruitful reaping. Plenty is here to hunt upon, for the solitude of this place has given many prey and predators alike, the peace of a non interrupted atmosphere. We will be triumphant in our hunt."

Slade referenced to the man as 'Lord', for he was not yet a Brother of the cult he was in, so he resorted to a title that could fit him age wise, while not over throwing is own title of 'King'. Even though his throne had been set on fire so many years prior to the current day, he was reluctant to give up his natural calling as Alpha.

"Today, we will run down and kill the various mammals that hibernate within these lands. That includes raccoons, rabbits, various feathered creatures, squirrels, and perhaps a deer, if we remain lucky, vigilant and strong. Feeling the briskness of this day, I feel as though it may just be a time for feast on venison."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I caught a horrible flu so my head was all clogged up. I couldn't think in another language. :D Sorry for the delay!

Burke did not know what the other meant with the Forsaken. It seemed like a term he should know about. He wasn't going to ask because he was a wise wolf. He would not inquire about things he could have known about. Maybe it was something he couldn't have known, still he was not the one to ask questions. He would just do what was asked of him. "And to think my other three siblings died of cold. He should have died with them," he pointed out, shaking his head. He was sure his bother would fail without him.

The large grey was pleased with the way he was called by the other. Lord was enough for him for now. He had expected to be nothing. But here, he was still a Lord and hopefully soon a brother. Oh yes. He could see this happening. His pink tongue licked over his maw. Yes he looked forward to kill. "That sounds truly wonderful. It will also help with exploring this area. I am ready to go when you are. My need to kill is numbing my brain." Burke had his way with wanting to kill. He couldn't wait to taste the blood again and taste the juicy meat he craved.

The large grey stepped forward and glanced around. "Lead the way." This male wasn't foolish. He knew the black one was the same type of him. Slade liked to lead. Burke was arrogant, yet still smart about it. He knew he couldn't lead in the same way as his newly made kin. He didn't know the area. He would gladly give him the leading spot, mainly because he had no clue which way to go. He told himself Slade could be like a mentor for him. A guide to this area, how to survive and the certain rules of this pack he should know about.