What kinda gone
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Finn :D

Dante had been stressed during the meeting. Highly stressed. As it was, the entire thing was a bit of a blur. But one thing stood out... he'd seen the expression on one packmate's face as he turned away, and it wasn't the usual expected lightness. It made Dante think that something had occurred, and while he wasn't aware of Finn's attraction to a certain missing lady, he wanted to make sure that things were alright.

Recalling their previous conversation, he counted them associates if not friends, and could see a friendship growing in the future. Therefore, he lifted his muzzle, sending up a call for Finn to join him if he could. If not they could talk later, as this wasn't of dire importance, but he was Alpha now and thus it was his responsibility to ensure all was well. If Finn needed to talk, he was here.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
short & mediocre :C

Thinking that she was gone felt as if he had loaded gun pressed against his temple.Since the end of the meeting,the macabre scene of her departure had not stopped playing in his mind, and even if he knew that everytime he replayed it, it would only hurt more he kept doing it anyways. It was like caressing the trigger.

While he would've (not!) liked to continue to keep playing the painful ocurrance like a broken record; the call of his Now-Alpha forced him to lift himself from the ground. He trotted to his encounter, holding his head as high as the gun taped against his side would let him.

Hey, how's Alphaship going eh? he barked when he approached a decent distance.

Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
My posts have been nothing but short all week >< wahh I apologize

Finn immediately greeted him with a question and Dante shrugged in response. "It's going," he replied truthfully. "Honestly I still sometimes forget, but I'm sure I'll get used to it." It was a candid confession, but he wasn't afraid to make it to Finn. He seemed the type who would understand.

"How are you, though," the Alpha threw back, casting a concerned eye over his fellow. "You seemed... off... at the meeting, so I wanted to check in."
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
no worriess<3

The Ollivander's head bobbed up and down in understandment, he had felt something similar when he had first left his birth pack. As a traveller, he would often wake up in unknown locations which caused him to scratch his head in confusion until he remebered he no longer had a place to call home. Dante was right it did take a little time to get used to the changes.
Hopefully it would be soon.

Finn's eyes traced the edges of the trees behing his companion, he was lost again in deep thought until the greyscale man called him out. Casting a concerned look at him that made Finn suddenly wonder if his skin was really transparent. He looked down at his chest briefly and then at Dante.

Ugh, I dunno man.. I, he began, his eyes evading any contact with the swarthy Alpha. Opening up wasn't something Finn was used to. He tended to avoid any kind of topics with sarcastic jokes or light shrugs -- and though it would've been easy for him to do that now, for some reason his lungs began to spit it out..

She's gone again, like everything is just some wild adventure -- and I'm not even sure why she woud've gone, what could she possibly have there that isn't here?! he groaned, his brow furrowing in frustration.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante half expected Finn to finish with a simple 'I dunno', not sure how into sharing he was. He was pleasantly surprised, though, when he confided his true reason for being down. It didn't take Dante long to surmise who Finn was talking about. After all, only two women followed Peregrine to the Caldera, and it certainly wasn't Fox.

Having met Finley before, it wasn't surprising that she had captivated Finn. She certainly had the personality for it, and Dante felt for him. The rending of the pack was made even worse when such ties were broken.

"She must have felt her place with Fox and Peregrine. Not to say that I am not sincerely glad you did not follow, but may I ask why?" He had a theory, and it didn't have anything to do with his leadership. True, he had spoken to Finn before, but he wondered if Finn hadn't used this split as a means to determine what his lady friend's priorities really were. A gamble he may have lost.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
umff so sorry ;__;

A deep sigh filled with melancholy slipped past his lips. Allowing the bottled up feelings out of his system was somewhat comforting but no matter how many wolves he told or how many times he yelled it out it would still not bring her back.

With a sharp inhale and a brusque jerk of his tail he brought his olive colored eyes up to the man's face, never in a challenging manner, simply looking for any answers the newly appointed Alpha may have.

Unfortunately for the silver-rocket there were none, instead of speaking words of comfort Dante launched a question of his own. A question that he could not find an answer to yet.

At first he thought about saying that their friendship had kept him here, but he hesitated their conversation, as pleasant as it had been ,wasn't a solid excuse for his stay.

The Plateu is were I began this new life of mine, and with Winter so close by, I didn't wanna risk it he barked with a slight slump of his shoulder. It wasn't the best excuse, it was selfishn-- if he wouldn't risk going there why had he let her?

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
You're fine, I'm being a slow butt myself this month x.x

The answer wasn't the one that Dante had been expecting, per say, but it was solid enough. There was nothing wrong with not wanting to move, with being content in a place. Dante was averse to change himself, happily falling into place with little desire to move once there. He did not know if this was the way Finn was, but could respect it if so.

However, he knew how unfinished business like that could weigh on a wolf's mind. It was a distraction, something that could hold him back from fully being able to participate in pack life, sapping happiness with it. "You know, if you ever decide to take a trip to the Caldera, feel free." Dante looked at him with understanding. "I would hate to lose you to Peregrine, but perhaps talking with her... well, maybe you could find some answers. But that's up to you." He hoped that Finn wouldn't decide to relocate, but if he did, Dante wouldn't fault him for it. He would never ask a wolf to stay in their pack against their will, especially if their happiness lay elsewhere.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

The brief silence between his answer was excrutiatingly long for the silver male. He had sensed the small air uncertainty lingering around his Alpha, he understood the position he had put him in -- separating his roles from leader and friend shouldn't have been easy for the greyscale male. While telling her to forget her would've served as a tactic to get him to stay, he knew in his heart that holding him captive was not the answer.

Finn had a feral heart that had been captured by another who laid far from here, and though he still stuck to the idea that he wouldn't leave the Plateu behind, he knew very well that she wouldn't budge either. It was a tragic love story that seemed doomed from every angle, yet it still kindled in his heart -- it was colder that before but it was still flickering, refusing to die out just yet.

I think I will he barked softly while motioning to the side with his snout, referring that he would seek her at the borders in hopes to clear things up. Thanks man he added after clearing her throat, dumping his frail voice and putting up his manly fachade once more; even if he didn't even believe it himself anymore, it had become an armor he could not breathe properly without.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Wrap this up? We can keep it going if you like but it's a tad backdated

If you like we can have a new one prior to Finley's departure where they moan about the complexity of womenfolk XDDD

"No problem, anytime." He was glad Finn had come to him with this, as it was good to know where he stood on the matter with the Caldera. Now if he took the trip Dante would know where he was going and why he was doing so. One less thing for him to worry about.

He sensed the change in the other's demeanor and knew then that the conversation was over. He'd given him something to think about, a blessing to hopefully make things right in some sense, and that would perhaps be enough. It was all he had to offer in any event. He let out a breath, watching the slight mist that arose from it. "I think this is going to be a complicated winter," he mused, looking at Finn with a wry smile. He was thinking more in a sense of working out his own responsibilities and relations with other packs (including the Caldera), but had no idea how right he was going to prove to be in a few short weeks.
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
last post! thanks for the thread<3

Finn was also glad he had seeked Dante out, or that by the strange desires of fate they had ran into each other at that particular time. That had certaintly saved Finn a whole lot of effort and stress -- if channeling his feeling into spoken words was hard enough imagine how excrutiatingly hard it would've been to actually go after Dante to gush about his broken emotions.
Man.

We have fine hunters, we'll be alright I think he barked, now taking the chance to try to boost Dante's feelings now. What could be more comforting for an Alpha than a subordinate's confidence in him? While he had not resolved when he would go to meet Finley, or what would happen after they saw each other, he was certain his friendship with Dante would not be damaged.

1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante truly hoped that Finn was right. He liked his optimism, in any event, appreciating the confidence and taking heart from it. With their pack he had little doubts they would make it through no matter what and hopefully be the stronger for any trials thrown their way. As long as they stuck together, that is, and it fell to him to make sure that happened. He hoped he was up to the task.

He continued to converse with Finn for a while before each moved on to their own respective duties for the day. It was a nice conversation and Dante too was glad to have found a good friend in him. No matter his decision regarding the Caldera it was one he would hold dearly.