Noctisardor Bypass Shadows in the Dark <<IC Joining>>
6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The cinnamon female had been on the prowl for a new home for nearly a year now. Nikita had left her home in the Black Hills in search of a new pack. After traveling a little east she had found what seemed to be a decent group of wolves. Upon further inspection they proved to be a weak set of wolves, held together by fear.

The hazel female missed her home pack more than ever as the seasons changed. She missed the rolling hills of deciduous trees whose leaves changed various colors through the seasons. From ruby to gold the leaves never ceased to turn the cinnamon she-wolf's head. She missed her family, her two brothers and sister, whom she called out to every starry night. Her brothers both went out in search of a new place to call home while her sister, Ayla stayed to fortify their birth pack.

It was too late to return now. Choosing to leave in the early winter the female had banished herself from her birth pack, The Black Hills. They treated treason as a serious matter equal to death. When Nikita left to find a new life she had also condemned herself to death if she failed at finding this new life. Even if her parents forgave her and took her in their alpha, Shada, surely would not. Ruthless as the night was dark Shada would kill her on sight.

The hazel female had found herself in what was deemed as the Teekon Wilds. A land in which many wolves called home. Many packs claimed the land that she now traveled on. She trotted through wetlands on her way over to a bypass which held a thriving pack.

On this day the crisp wind stung the shaggy fur on the hazel female's back. The air was warm but the wind was somewhat comforting in the entrance of the bypass. The scent of wolves was strong here, Nikita assumed it was a common traveling area. Lifting her cinnamon head to the sky the female let out a shallow howl alerting nearby wolves of her arrival. The female had very little experience on joining a pack. She assumed it was better to let the pack come to her instead of her searching for them.
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
hey! :D

The petite Welsh girl had been as usual, doing her duties around the Bypass when a soft howl rang through the relatively peaceful environment she was currently in. A stranger's howl, one Crëyr did not recognize.

She knew what to do. The lithe female started on towards the sound, her footsteps light and careful. She padded through multiple bushes, the falling leaves of the trees allowing patches of warm Autumn sunlight to slide onto Crëyr's coat as she went.

A couple moments later, the Welsh beauty emerged from the bushes, her azure eyes slowly coming to fixate on the relatively bigger wolf that sat a distance away from the borders. No doubt this was the female that had howled for whoever would answer.

A small, curious smile graced Crëyr's features as she quickly took the time to analyze this female. Slim, slightly taller than the usual she-wolf, her pelt a mixture of warm hues, predominantly a whitish-cream, leaning on hazel. Her eyes were a piercing blue-green, eyes that seemed to gleam under the sunlight.

She took a step closer to the stranger, pleased she was a respectable distance away from the borders before murmuring a greeting and a question. "Hello. May I ask why you are here?"
6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Hey! :)

The cinnamon wolf paused after calling out to the local wolves. She took a moment to take in the scenery and sniff the fresh air that drifted over her shaggy features. For a wolf of her blood she was tall and thin, taking after her mother. Lean muscle surrounded her pelt which was a melting pot for many colors. She wasn't beautiful, but she was noticeable.

Her exclaim for another wolf was promptly returned by a beauty of a wolf. If Nikita was not looking towards the direction she came the cinnamon wolf would have not noticed her arrive. The quiet she-wolf gave a smile as she looked her Nikita. Her delicate and thick fur covered her petite figure in a way that was beautiful. The patches of white that cloaked her figure stood out and caught the hazel wolf's eyes. The stranger softly spoke to Nikita, inquiring why she was here.

The she-wolf pondered quietly before responding after a few seconds. "I am here because I am in need of a home beautiful." Nikita responded truthfully. She was in need of a home and it was quite obvious that the delicate female in front of her was beautiful. "I can hunt for myself and others. I don't take up much room. I won't cause any trouble. I will pull my own." The cinnamon wolf responded quickly after her last injection.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
i apologize for Crëyr's occasional random Welsh. i'll find a way to include the words' meanings sometime near soon :)

The hazel wolfess responded very directly to Crëyr's inquiries, though she hadn't much use for her reasoning, as she wasn't the one to accept this wolf into the Bypass. She was intrigued to receive a first-hand knowledge of Noctisardor's possible recruits, though, as there was a possibility that it would be something of future usage.

She scrutinized the she-wolf and the position of casualness she currently was in, and thoughtfully twitched her petite nose as she better anaylzed the situation. "Is that so?" She said lightly, a smaller smile appearing on her features. "Well, the Bypass will have use for more wolves. I suppose I better call for @Shadow, then."

It wasn't long before the dainty Welsh promptly emitted a howl from her throat, a sound that requested for their blaidd alffa, Shadow's prescence. When she was sure Shadow would have heard her song, she turned back towards the wolfess and inquired for her name.

"We will wait here for the Alpha. I'm Crëyr. What is your name?"
6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It was difficult for Nikita to understand what wolves intend by body language and word of mouth. The hazel wolf tilted her head to the side as she tried to unravel what the she-wolf intended by her words. The way she spoke 'is that so.' made the cinnamon she wolf wary. "Have i done something wrong? Maybe because I commented on her appearence?" Nikita thought to herself.

Questioning if she made the right decision to come to the bypass the female tightened up her composure. Trying to retain a more submissive posture the female let her head hang ever so slightly and let her chest fall in. If she kept a less threatening composure maybe the female would like her more.

Quietly the female watched as the petite wolf called out to her alpha. Intently she listened after the she wolf finished up her exclaim. The she wolf broke the silence between the two wolves by inquiring for Nikita's name. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Crëyr." The hazel wolf responded politely to Crëyr. "Call me Nikita, i hail from the Black Hills, it's a ways west from here.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
Crëyr raised an eyebrow good-naturedly. The Black Hills? She'd never heard of the place before, though she loved to discover and explore. That was the whole point of the trade of the Outrider, which the Welsh girl endeavoured to achieve.

The lithe, cream-colored wolfess dropped her head ever so slightly, lowering herself into an appropriate position of subordination as she spoke, informing her of her name. Content, Crëyr gave a slight nod at the she-wolf's mildly submissive position and better considered the situation.

"Nikita," The delicate graphite-grey female said, the vowels rolling smoothly off her tongue, testing her name out as she paused in front of the borders, halting to a stop as they waited.
6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The nod that the creme pelted wolf received was sufficient enough for her to understand that this female wanted her to be subordinate. It had been so long without an interaction with pack wolves that Nikita forgot her normal manners with pack wolves. It was better to learn with this wolf instead of the alpha. Getting her act straight now would prove to be beneficial in the long run.

It was odd hearing her name sung back to her in the smooth way that Crëyr did. Sensing the silence in the air between the two wolves Nikita thought she mine as well get some information out of the petite wolf before the alpha arrived. The cinnamon wolf wanted to know what she was getting into before jumping on the ship.

"So tell me what life in this pack is like Crëyr." Nikita spoke softly, pausing before her companions name slid off her tongue.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

The howl rang through the air, requesting for him and a spar of annoyance shot through the Roman's body. What was it with wolves summoning him all the time nowadays, couldn't they learn to deal with their own problems on their own. He was running a pack here, for Jupiter's sake, he didn't need to worry about their petty little troubles. Shadow lifted his hind leg and sprayed his scent on the borderline, masking his irritation and frustration with his indifferent, impassive mask and a faint smirk decorating his features. It was the welsh female, Crëyr that had called for him, a note of urgency in her tone. A newcomer? Perhaps so, or she wouldn't have called for him.

Elegance, etherealness and graceful were words to describe the Imperator now, head held high, tail held dominantly over his hindquarters, sterling eyes bright, cold and harsh. His stance proud and strong, lithe and muscular, he strode up to the two females, chuffing a greeting to Crëyr as he stepped in front of her to take charge of the situation. An agouti female with blue green eyes stood, he scanned her, analyzed her with calculating platinum eyes. The faint smirk was the only emotion on his face, the rest indifferent and impassive revealing nothing. "I assume this is why you have called for me?" he said to Crëyr without glancing at her, the Roman's gaze kept on the stranger.

Shadow took a few steps forward, his gaze never unwavering, his stance demanding subordination and respect from the female. "Why have you come by my borders?" he asked softly with a slight cant of his head. It was obvious that he did not want his gray packmate to speak, but rather for the agouti recruit to speak for herself. Hadrian did not want wolves who need others to speak for them, he wanted strong, confident ones and that was the first test she would have to past.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
last post from me! :D

The Welsh's cerulean eyes were regarding the female before her, pondering on an appropriate response to her query when she sensed movement behind her. She needn't guess, she knew it was the Imperator, coming to take charge of the current situation.

She bowed her head and dipped her tail in a posture of subordination as Shadow walked past, his stance dominant, heading towards Nikita but not before greeting her with a low chuff.

"Yes, I have called you for this."

Willing Nikita to do the same as to a gesture of submission in her mind, she could only turn and watch as the Praetor coolly spoke once. The question, the one question that had Crëyr relieving the very first memory of Noctisardor Bypass.

"Why have you come by my borders?"

The petite Welsh nodded at the hazel she-wolf, giving her a faint smile before stepping behind the Alpha, retreating into the shadows.
6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Not long after Crëyr summoned the alpha did he show up. Nikita gazed up and down at the alpha's figure. Shadow was a king in his stance. Moving with grace the snowy pelted wolf looked down upon the cinnamon female with such dominance it was hard for Nikita to not cower. Showing respect to the male and follow Crëyr's moves she lowed her head and tail.

A pause went by before the male spoke in a deep and robust voice confirming Crëyr's call. Keeping his cold silver eyes on Nikita as he spoke. He then addressed the cinnamon wolf with ease, inquiring why she was at his borders. "I am in need of a home and was curious if you could give me that. In return i offer the ability to hunt and care for myself. I can do any chore you ask of me if you give me a spot in your ranks." Keeping her head down Nikita spoke once again. "I am Nikita of the Black Hills." She injected her name so the male wouldn't have to waste breath asking her.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Posting order is now Nikita-Shadow then repeats

His only reaction to Crëyr leaving was a brief flick of his tail, sharp platinum gaze still on the cinnamon female. She submitted accordingly although not as much as she could have done, he still accepted it, after all, that was better than nothing. "I am in need of a home and was curious if you could give me that. In return i offer the ability to hunt and care for myself. I can do any chore you ask of me if you give me a spot in your ranks." the female spoke, adding that her name was Nikita. The Imperator did not speak, instead analyzed her for a bit more, gaze scanning her up and down, back and forth before he began speaking.

”I do not care if you can hunt and care for yourself, I do not care if you can do any chore I ask you to do. This pack is a family, we are united, we are strong because we do not do things for ourselves but for everyone in the pack. You will hunt for the pack before yourself, care for your packmates before yourself, think about others before yourself. I ask of this of every member of my pack.” he spoke in his trademark soft voice, his tone icy and eyes harsh. Shadow took another step closer.

"What other skills do you have to offer to Noctisardor Bypass. Or is caring for yourself the best you can do?" his tone betrayed nothing, emotionless and cold even if his words were sarcastic and biting. So far, she was not passing the first part of the test, Nikita would have to work harder to gain acceptance among the ranks of the Bypass. Shadow was not those Alphas that immediately accepted all wolves without questioning them, he chose them specifically and made sure they were hardworking and loyal. No, it was easy to get into Noctisardor Bypass, if you were hardworking, loyal, strong and caring to packmates.

6 Posts
Ooc — Paige
It was obvious that Shadow ran a tight ship. Nikita had chosen Noctisardor Bypass as her perspective home. Now they must chose her. Being on her own for nearly a year stiffened Nikita's perspective on her own well-being. Months had passed by and all she thought about was herself. Would she find food in the morning, would she make it out alive, would she find a home. To get back into a family unit the cinnamon wolf needed to start thinking like a member of a family.

The hazel wolf was intimidated by the beast's presence. His lack of enthusiasm in every sentence made Nikita want to try harder to peak his interest in her. His icy silver eyes seemed to peer into her soul inspecting her on the utmost personal levels. The cinnamon wolf felt like she was powerless when in the presence of this male.

"I am good with children sir. I was always a caretaker for my birth pack's pups." Nikita interjected into the conversation trying to make herself more appealing and selfless. This much was true. Nikita had always loved being around pups and little ones. Guiding them was something she enjoyed very much.
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Gonna conclude this

He knew Paar wanted to have pups, planned to have children, their children but he wasn't so sure. He felt as if he would make a terrible father, like his own. Brutal, merciless, cruel and probably wouldn't even care about them. Duty before anything was the quote for a lot of Romans, most Romans. Duty before family, before love, before friendship, everything and he knew he was slowly becoming one of them. It wasn't wrong, he supposed, made him more of a real Roman in a way but he didn't want to be a cold heartless wolf. Shadow wanted to be different, he was a leader now, an Imperator and though he was running Noctisardor Bypass like a Roman pack, he was more lenient to them. To everyone, the slaves, the captives etc. He wanted to be better, he did not show his emotions easily and when he did, it was extremely rare, preferring to hide them behind his either emotionless and indifferent mask or his snarky, arrogant sarcastic ones. Only his brothers and sisters, he let them see through it and now Paar could too.

"I am good with children sir. I was always a caretaker for my birth pack's pups." His expression did not change, remaining impassive and indifferent as he gazed at her with icy platinum orbs. "Are you?" he said in a soft, ice-edged tone. "Well, Nikita. It just happens to be that, we do not have children here and probably won't for a long time. Do you have any other better skills to offer my pack? Or are those all you possess?" Again, his words biting and full of sarcasm but his tone never changed, always soft, seemingly dangerous and bored.

Shadow did not need caretakers at the moment, he needed hunters, protectors, warriors for wintertime. He needed healers in case Paarthurnax was sick or something, the last thing he needed were caretakers. He needed diplomats, ambassadors, he needed able bodied wolves for the upcoming season. The Imperator knew that winter would be hard on some southern wolves, like his wife for example. He, himself did not care, as a wolf of the North, he was used to the harsh cold winters and he was sure the captive barbarian russian, Vector was too. They would be able to help. But other than that, were they the only wolves from the North? The descendant of Jupiter decided to ask all of them later, check their abilities and assign them their jobs when the time came.

The Roman shook his head, "I am busy and I do not have time to deal with wolves who have no potential. Come again when you have your tongue and skills back." With that, he turned and went away, harsh but it was the life of a wolf.