The Sunspire Walk Among the Shadows
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace strode from his resting spot and made beeline for the Oasis. He wanted a drink and something to eat, and there was usually something there. Come Winter he imagined most of the game would move further up the mountain towards the warm springs. He himself would probably be there a lot, just because if was nice and comfortable and surprisingly plants grew around there. A list fodder for prey, was grass. He continued on, they had recently had an influx of new members, he had only met one, but he knew there were others simply by the scents all around. He would have to take the time and seek each one out and meet them. He also needed to make some time for his sister, speak with her soon. He missed their long conversations.

As he traveled he thought on Ferdie, he had given up looking for him just days ago, long after everyone else had given up. He didn't really blame them, the man was gone, long gone and he had no idea where or why or even how he could help him this time.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
speak of the devil :D

Vienna had slowed her outriding a bit. So far her searches had turned up no sign of their missing and, with winters approach, she felt she was needed here. Aside from that, even she could get tired of being away so much. This place was really starting to be home in that she truly missed it when she left, even with the excitement of adventure. In fact, her last trip had been the one to the shore with Sumayl. Since then she'd pretty much kept it within borders.

Today she was on her way to do some hunting. A familiar figure made her quickly shift routes, however. "Jace!" It had been a while since she'd crossed paths with him. It would be good to see how he was doing!
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had known his sister was sticking closer to home as winter rapidly approached them. He knew this because he could smell her more than before. He had appreciated her dedication to the outrider trade, but he also was glad she was home and safe.

Jace heard his name and stopped midstep to look around. He turned blue eyed gaze towards the sound and he chuckled. Hello Vienna! He smiled and turned the rest of the way towards her with a chuckle deep in his chest.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style='text-decoration:italic;font-size:10px;'><I>Got nothin to lose but time</I></p>
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
woefully short but I am stuck at work :( probably pretty late tonight

"Heyo brother dearest! And how are you this magnificent day? What's news?" She stepped lightly over, stopping a short distance away and grinning at him. He seemed happy, judging from his enthusiastic greeting, so that was a good sign!

Personally, with her lack of travels, she didn't have much to share. She didn't need an excuse to want to speak with her brother though, not if he wasn't busy!
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled at her don't have any new, news Songbird. he shrugged his shoulders. There wasn't very much to tell, other than he gave up searching for Ferdie. I have finally quit looking for Ferdie. His shoulders slumped just slightly, Ferdie had been his good friend. He felt abandoned, but he also felt a little bit lighter than he had in some time. Perhaps it was simply because there had been so much hate for the older male.

He strode forward and nudged her gently in the shoulder. He was happy to see her, he enjoyed his sister's company.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ok, so he says he doesn't have any news, then follows up with that. To Vienna, for him to stop searching for Ferdie was rather large news. She had slowed down in her search, true, but she had hardly known the previous Alpha. She liked him well enough, but it had seemed that he and her brother had been close despite some of their differences.

"And are you... okay with that?" she asked somewhat hesitantly, looking at him a little more closely now. She knew he loved her and wanted to protect her, but she wanted to be there for him too. Wanted him to know that he could share his troubles. Despite her somewhat naive optimism, she could take it.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had indeed been close with Ferdie. However, time had worn him down, and he had grown angry at the other male. Mostly for his choices regarding leaf and the juvenile Magpie was it? He wasn't sure, that escalated the war quickly, then he had forbidden Jace from leaving which was smart, except that Jace wouldn't have left in the first place the first time if Ferdie hadn't taken Leaf hostage. He shook his head like dispelling a fly, if he continued this train of though up, he'd go around and around and lose his mind.

Jace sighed Actually yea I am. I'm so angry at him right now Vienna. It's probably a good thing I don't find him. He shouldn't have left to go after the cougar without alerting someone, he shouldn't have brought the puppies into the pack lands. By the way I haven't seen them, so whose to say they didn't just up and leave. I'm just tired, straight up. He shook his head and smiled at her.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The puppies' disappearance was news to her, though it was true she hadn't scented Erika around. Her brow furrowed. "It's a hard life for a mother with small children and no pack," she said softly. "I understand why he did that much at least." While she didn't understand his obsessive claiming of them, taking them in had been a kindness that she could appreciate. But jace had more responsibilities than she .

"That was a rather stupid move on his part, though, going after it alone. I still hope he is alright, but I agree. Wasting our energy on a search wouldn't be smart either." Ferdie's fate was his own now, much as her gentle heart hated that. He looked tired, and so she smiled. "I know you aren't fond of it, but seriously, if you ever need anything let me know. I'd be more than glad to help."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace nodded I know it is and I told him to bring them in or I agreed. But he should have stayed safe. Especially since he was so obsessed with them and wouldn't let anyone near them. The poor she wolf knew none of us and her pups didn't know us. Because he wouldn't let them. He groaned and shook his head, Gods Vienna I feel like such a as...i mean jerk face I really do. I am supposed to be so loyal and duty bound, but I honestly am just so angry with Ferdie I can't be. I gave up so much because he was my friend. My best friend, my new home everything and he just abandoned me to go chase after a cougar. He could have called for help, but no instead he probably got ripped to shreds and eaten. SHe chuffed quietly and shook his head, the burdens of his life laying heavy on his shoulders a permanent furrow in his brow.

Jace chuckled and stretched his front legs I don't know what I need Songbird.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She listened silently as he vented his frustrations, her unspoken hope that even that much would help him a bit. Holding such things in was never good; anger was like poison and needed to be drawn out before it festered in the blood. She found him to be correct in his statements and nodded in agreement, pausing thoughtfully after he had finished.

"Well luckily your big sister is wise in such things. And what she says you need is a good round of chase." She slapped her forepaw a playfully, tail waving. It was a somewhat naive notion, she knew, that his problems could be solved in a game. But if she could take his mind off his troubles for a time, and get a genuine smile set on his face, then she'd consider it at least a small victory. And it was the battles that won the war.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He felt loads better after her unloaded all his problems onto his sister for her to hear. He had forgotten how easy it was to talk to her and it made him smile softly. you know what I'm so glad you followed me Vienna. Then he grew quiet.

Her next words made him laugh out loud. Is that so well alright I bow to your infinite wisdom. With that he slapped his own paws onto the ground and shook his head with a smile on his face. Then with a bark he jumped forward and attempted to tap her with his obsidian paw.
350 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
fade here? They should totally have another sometime I love these two.
Vienna knew that he would always be happy to have her around, but it was always nice to hear him say it. "I don't know how you did it without me," she joked, knowing full well that he could take care of himself but glad she was welcome anyway. She was glad she had followed also, it had been lonely back home without him.

Dodging laughingly as he came after, rising to the bait of her game, she began to weave about in an attempt to escape. She'd run, but not too fast. Tag was only fun when both were it for a time, and she preferred her tag to transform to wrestling anyway.