Swiftcurrent Creek Foolish Cold
I'd rather die with someone than let that person die before my eyes
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain

Rain stands in the water of the river, enjoying the iciness as it soaks her fur. Winter is going to be upon them soon and she is looking forward to it. The snowy time of the year is her favorite season. Everything about winter is appealing to her: the challenge of a hunt for sparse animals, the cold - daunting and dangerous, the way fluffy white snow matches her coat. It is just so wonderful.

She wonders if winters here will be as terrible as the ones from her homeland, or if they will be more mild. She would prefer a terrible winter over a mild one. Glancing down at her reflection in the water, she gives it a lick, watching lines of the disturbance dance across the surface. The cold is starting to make her feel giddy and as it gets colder she feels the bliss will turn her foolish.
<div><span style="color:#036b95;">A</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">l</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">l</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;"> </span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">B</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">e</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">i</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">n</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">n</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">i</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">n</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">s</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;"> </span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">e</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">e</span><span style="color:#036b95;">d</span><span style="color:#1679a1;"> </span><span style="color:#2987ad;">E</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">d</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">i</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">n</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">g</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">s</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">.</span></div>
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: im so back, and very sorry about the absence. I will definitely try my best to make these posts worth it. W_^V

Saber had just left the lands that he had discovered his brother's, his long lost brother, to live. The handsome Frostfur/Del Monte mix had a bit too ponder over, mulling over the prospect of being one with his brother, again.

As he thought, he walked, and was thoroughly unaware of the location his broad pads decided to take for him. He simply thought. And as captivating as the simplicity of such proposed to him, he eventually looked up to the sight and scent of another lupine.

The various middles in greyscale bypassed this one, sharp contrasts evident in delicate layers upon the slim yet athleticly built figure.

"Greetings, " Saber called out to the stone girl at the lake.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
No worries, I've been pretty busy with work.

Someone offers a greeting from behind Rain, interrupting her thoughts of winter. She turns to see a tawny wolf starring at her with eyes similar to her own but more blue in color. Her eye color boardered closely to white, giving them an almost icy clear appearance while his has more of a watery look to them . "Hello," she returns. "Sorry if I'm stepping on your boarders, I just needed a refreshing dip." Trotting outof the rivers cold grip she says, "Though, I hope you don't mind me asking where I'm at exactly." She keeps a small distance between them, noting that this wolf is larger than her but unsure if it is his size or his fur making him seem large. "I'm still fairly new to the area." Giving him the knowledge of her inexperience with the Wilds will hopefully keep any potential hard feelings at bay if this wolf is the type to bite down on intruders.
<div><span style="color:#036b95;">A</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">l</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">l</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;"> </span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">B</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">e</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">i</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">n</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">n</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">i</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">n</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">s</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;"> </span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">e</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">e</span><span style="color:#036b95;">d</span><span style="color:#1679a1;"> </span><span style="color:#2987ad;">E</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">d</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">i</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">n</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">g</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">s</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">.</span></div>
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Glacial orbs found her icebergs, and the Frostfur felt a bit more at ease with this shale sheathed girl. She had manners, an exquisite beauty, and a voice who held the term 'pretty and innocent' at gunpoint for a more defined meaning.

In his own pace, as he neared the fae, he dipped his head in acknowledgment to her words.

"You are at close range of my brother's pack, Swiftcurrent Creek. You are not too far from its borders, yet not close enough to cause any unfortunate event to happen between us. I welcome you."

A gentle incline of his sand and russet crown showed the handsome man too, had manners.

"I am Saber, a son of the Frostfur name. Who are you? "
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
As his eyes catches hers, Rain's neck fur bristles momentarily before she forcefully lowers her hackles and glances away unwillingly. She reminds herself this isn't her territory and she can't show dominance here. Personality wise, she is a very proud wolf and finds it hard to be submissive under another wolf's gaze, but she is also extremely respectful and considers it highly disrespectful to challenge a wolf near their own boundaries.

She watches him dip his head down in acknowledgement to her and hopes he hadn't caught that her hackles had risen. He tells her she is near Swiftcurrent Creek. Her ears prick forward at the information, alert for any signs of aggression as he introduces himself as Saber of Frostfur and asks who she is. Feeling dumbfounded by his answer to her inqury to the area she states, "My alpha had explained that our packs are ill at ease with each other." Flicking an ear she adds, "And also, I'm known as Rain."
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"I find it unfortunate that our packs are not at terms with each other. I would find it unpleasant to maul such a beautifully crafted girl. But I see it is out of our paws. This is something out of our control, and for that I offer only peace to those who pose peace to me."

Sand draped delicate ears swiveled at the sound of her name, and Saber gauged what could have caused her parents to name her 'Rain'.
Fragile yet apparent? Unavoidable? Sorrow of the skies? Refreshing to all who remain in her company?
He could only go on for eternity attempting to figure out the reasons for such a title.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Rain."

Saber relieved himself to lower his rear to the earth, and his thickly pelted and soft downy of a tail wrap its serpentine like form around the base of his paws.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
"I have no clue as to why our packs aren't friendly with each other or on neutral terms at least. That has nothing to do with me personally, so I have no quarrels with you " she replies with a tilt of her head making no comment on his flattery. He must be quite the charmer, Rain thinks with a small smirk of amusement. She can't help but enjoy the compliment nonetheless and puffs her chest out a little.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well," she bows her head while keeping her eyes focused just to the right of his. He sits then, curling his fluffy tail over his paws, almost in the fasion of a cat. She grins at that, teeth showing in full view as if she was snarling. She had ran into a cat before, a rare occurrence, but it was an amusing experience. The cat had called herself Black, which fit her midnight coat, and she was a clever little thing. Black ended up being a close friend of hers before she had left her homeland. It had been a strange friendship, a cat and a wolf, especially since Rain had tried eating her during their first interaction. But somehow they found themselves quite taken with each other in the end.

A slight shard of sorrow peirces her features for a moment, her smile slowly fading. When she was leaving Black had gone crazy yelling insults of how Rain was abandoning her and leaving her all alone. Her ears press back and she glances up into nothing, her memories pulling her to darker times.
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The conversation had traveled smoothly, almost as the girl's namesake, and it was until he curled his tail around his pads, that hell slithered over her features. Not a fiery hell, or anger, but a soft and slow spread of sadness graced her features.
And unbeknownst to Saber, the sharp edged Frostfur, his blade dulled, just a little for the girl.

He had no idea what hell she faced internally, and spoke so.

"Are you well? Are you hurt by my tail? Was it what bothered you?"

The man sat there, puzzled.
Icey topazes stayed attop her graceful figure, searching for any wound, and bruise, anything that could discern what bothered the beauty before him.
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Her gaze shifts down to his tail as his voice disturbes the dark images that swirled in her minds eye, and then back up to his face. She notices that his features has soften and the slight worry in his question flares her fury. Raising her hackles, a slight growl sounds in her chest. "It's something better left burried and forgotten," she tells him sternly.

Sitting and looking away, Rain holds herself erect saying, "It has nothing to do with you." It was her best way of telling Saber that it's not his fault. She feels somewhat apologetic for snapping at him, but can't push her pride down to tell him so.

Instead, she changes the topic asking, "Are you new here? You mentioned that this is your brothers pack." From the way he had made it sound, it seems Saber just recently came here, but if that is true then why hasn't he been with his brother?
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The man knew he had twisted some kind of gear because her body language had immediately tweaked to some mild hostility. Instinct only allowed him to raise his own thick ridgehairs, but that was where he stopped. Everything else, he had control over.
This Rain was a strange girl, indeed. Maybe she had a troubled past. However, her respomse was not one Saber could blame her for.
Maybe she wanted the horrid past to be just that...
The past.

The Frostfur gave her a look that signaled he knew she had apologised in those meager words she gilded over. And a small yet wary smile, announcing he forgave her.

"I am here on visiting business. It was rumored that my brother resided in these lands, so I traveled here to find the truth. And it is indeed true. So I plan to stay with him, and do all I am able to increase his prosperity."

Saber took a silent breath. What of her? Why did she join her own family?

"Have you found satisfaction with your own family, Rain?"
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
"My sister, Ryuu, is the last of my family that I know for certain is alive, but I have no clue as to where she may be. The Sunspire is not my family, only my pack to whom I have sworn myself," she explains stiffly with a flick of her ear. Rain feels that no other pack can truly be considered family to her. Even though it has been over a year, her original pack still has a hold on her heart.

Rain gets to her paws, closing the distance between them before setting down again. Her icy eyes study him as she remains quiet for a time, allowing the sound of rushing water from the river to sooth the pangs in her heart. He seems quite the happy wolf to her, one who has never carried a burden that whispers of an end to the pain so that the haunting memories will cease to torment her. "So, you are with your brother's pack now. Where have you been before?" She asks of Saber suddenly. She is interested to hear his story of how he and his brother seperated, and to find out where they came from.
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The black, white and greyscale chiseled fae assured him that her pack wasn't one to be dubbed as' family'. The handsome man felt a bit sad for her, and found it unfortunate to being unable to comfort her. Saber did not have the experience of being a typical loner, knowing he was around family, constantly.

Glacial water eyes kept themselves on the movement of the beauty, watching as her frame shifted closer to his. Without being awkward, and saying nothing of the closer position, instead, laying down next to the lithe prone form.

"My family has always been around me, and I've only just recently left them. They still flourish. I was keen on finding my brother, for his sudden disappearance brought me unease. So I found him. "

Lowering his already soft tones, Saber murmured to Rain,

"I'm not too trusting of anyone but blood. Family is the last thing I have left. "
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
As Saber murmurs his words of trust and family, Rain feels happy for him and a bit sad for her lost family. "I've been living the past year telling myself to trust no one until they've earned it and even still I find it hard to completely place my trust in someone." She gazes down at the reddish brown wolf adding in a whisper almost to herself, "I hope we can eventually trust each other."

Looking up at the brilliant blue sky, Rain closes her eyes. An image of Sabers water blue eyes lights up the darkness causing her to start in surprise."Keep your family, those you trust, close," she tells him, looking back out at the open sky."You never know what may come along to tear them apart." Flicking an ear, Rain lays her tail over his back with a small smile. "I'm glad that you were the one to find me at the river, perhaps we can fix relations between our packs. Though, it would be helpful to understand the cause of the friction."
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Having a conversation with the enemy. As if it was some tale of a Romeo and Juliet. Just without the madly in love aspect. But them more this girl spoke, the more he began to doubt that.
His tawny onyx tipped auds caught the soft tones of her whisper, and turning to her, his Aqua Topaz gems revealed that he too, hoped for that outcome.

"You are rightly justified in that, Rain. And for the both of our sakes, as well as the sake of our friendship, "
Saber felt as though 'friendship' didn't belong in that sentence. He felt as if the word was some sort of tarnish to what he wanted. He wanted happiness for her, for her to be absent of torment.
But again, her path was her own to choose.
"I will ask my brother what has trespassed between our packs, and hope to possibly resolve it. If there is a possibility of resolve for it. "

Giving her a bashful look, almost as modest as a humble dove, he barks to her,
"If your pack holds members who hold similarity to you, I am confused ad to how an issue could have caused unhappiness between us. "
261 Posts
Ooc — Rain
"I can't say, I've only met three pack mates." She gets to her paws, stretching out her forelegs. "I should get moving." Rain dips her head to him with a smile, saying, "but I'm sure we will see each other soon. Try to figure out the disagreement before we meet up again and I will ask around the Sunspire as well."

Turning back to the river, she says her goodbyes and trots off to continue her venture of the great Wilds. She looks forward to seeing Saber again and wonders if the dispute is something insignificant or monumental. Would it shove a gap between her and Saber so they couldn't be friends?
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The abrupt ending to their relaxing period had failed to startle Saber, though he was reluctant to watch it come to a close so soon. The Frostfur too, had climbed to his fours, and shook his limp fur, returning the sandy and warm pelt back to its luscious life.

"Good call. If a trespasser had sneaked through our borders, Scim will have my head. I do hope,.."
A tail swish, and a light yet soft smile waltzed her way,
"I do hope I see you again, soon."

The Del Monte mix turned as agile as a pivoting panther, and within minutes, vanished back into the trees, from whence he came, leading back to the river, and in his way to have a gossip fest with his brother, Scimitar.