The Sentinels The Peaceful Silence of Forests
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Private 
The wind wisped through the trees of the forest ruffling a heap of fur laid upon the rich ground. The cool breeze stirred her into a sitting position. Through bleary eyes, she was quick to realize her brother had wondered off once again. Creed knew he would return on his own time, but she found her mind peaked with curiosity as she began to examine the forest around her. They had traveled for many days, and they were not quite through with their long journey. This was the first opportunity she had to step away from Omnium to explore their surroundings. 

Creed found comfort in the silence as she padded her way a few paces from her resting place. The dense foliage was difficult to navigate, but she was quick to find a trail worn by other travelers. Native birds sang the songs of their people as she darted yellow eyes back and forth to determine the terrain. This forest was far more lush than her homelands, but she found it almost endearing as she retraced their paths from the day before. She felt at peace in the tall trees as she meandered her way over large roots that had been exposed to the surface. Creed had found a particularly alluring small clearing with the scent of many small animals frequenting it. She did not hunger for food, but she settled down to observe in silence. It was mainly boredom and curiosity of the local wildlife that drew her patience in silence as she laid down in the dense bushes on the edge of the clearing. She was sure she had enough time to waste before Omnium circled back to her.
27 Posts
Ooc —
In these recent, long days, he traveled. Unsure of where he would end up, not one of many days did he hold great confidence or faith. Only doubt.

Theoxaris knew his time here might have already been long lived, and yet, he didn't turn back. Maybe this would be home. But it had not yet been proven.

It was only when a silhouette ahead was noticed that he stopped, thoughts placed on pause for a brief moment.

They observed, and Theoxaris watched them do so, though unknowing of what it is they were so fascinated by
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Creed kept motionless as she stared into the small clearing. She was elated to see a small group of hares begin to poke their heads out of their burrows as they cautiously moved to graze. Had she been hungry, they would have been a good meal, but they were still skinny from the winter. While she had thrived, it was apparent these small rodents had struggled. That didn't prevent her from mentally noting this was a place that she could find a future meal if need be. Creed would not eat them today, but she still found it curious that the hares here were a dark brown rather than the brisk white that blended with snow she was used to. 

Her tail lightly swished on the ground as she was lost in thought looking at the strange little creatures. At the shift of sound in their environment, the many bundles of brown fur were quick to dash back into their safe haven. Creed scented the air for a few moments before standing from her laid position to look the way she had just traveled. She had been so entranced with the hares that she hadn't realized the large, looming figure behind her. Creed faced the stranger head on with her ears flattened to her head. Her posture wasn't aggressive, but it was more so surprised with her tail hanging still behind her. She felt inclined the speak, but the words would not come. Instead, all that was said was a meekly, Hello?
27 Posts
Ooc —
This stranger had not known of his presence for a time. But when they had, they turned and offered some sense of greeting. 

Hesitant and perhaps tense, he sensed.

Hello— Theoxaris offered in return, eyes falling sheepishly. He quickly realized he had been staring so unabashedly. How she must think of him, he could not even imagine.

I apologize for looming so near and unannounced.... I admit, it has been a time since I've seen another so freely. For most were consumed with others, guarded away in their territories. Something Theoxaris wished he could be doing this very moment.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Creed observed the large white figure. His presence was looming and hard to miss, and she was a little surprised by the aversion of his gaze. He dwarfed her large brother, but this wolf seemed to not know his size. She perked her ears as he spoke. They were merely white radars catching every note of sound. He appeared to be on his own, but she was not certain.

She assessed him quietly before speaking to him once again, It's alright. I am just a bit startled at your sudden presence. Creed paused for a few moments. Perhaps there was no harm in introductions to the first wolf she had seen that was not family in many moons. Their journey had brought them many, many lengths away from home, and she was curious to find if this stranger might know where they were. She only hoped he was a friendly presence. My name is Creed. Might I ask what your name is?
27 Posts
Ooc —
A name. Creed.

It was dedicated to memory. Of any, he would not be one to forget the name of this prettied face.

Theoxaris is my name. What she requested, he gave willingly. 

You are a lone traveler like myself, I take it? It had to be so. He could not imagine it otherwise. She sat here in such an open place, no second or third scent floating near as though she had companions.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Creed moved her gaze from his after a moment. Thoughtful pale eyes drifting over the surroundings she found herself in. She gave some thought to being dishonest about traveling with Omnium, but she ultimately decided that she need not lie to this new acquaintance. For, after a name was given, they were not truly strangers anymore. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Theoxaris. Her demeanor was now calm, and her body language shifted to show that.

I travel with my kin. A brother. He’s busied himself with scouting the shore line a few lengths from here to determine our position in these lands. I am alone for a time. Where have you come from, fellow traveler? Creed pried in a gentle manner. She did not want to be seen as nosy, but she was excited to see another soul in these woods that was a wolf like herself.
27 Posts
Ooc —
It is my pleasure, entirely. A deep nod, accompanied by a warm smile.

Question answered, she next led with one of her own.

From a place far... unheard of. Purposely avoided, as he had no desire to speak more of his previous abode. I come to these wilds with purpose to create the better side of what my home of origin once was. And that was where speak of origin was abandoned.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Creed was quick to read into the unspoken drop of the subject, and she shifted into a more pleasant conversation. We, too, are from far away. Far up the coast to the North. We came here as souls adrift to find somewhere where fonder memories might be made. She revealed a bit more of her history in hopes it might gloss over some unease. 

Creed took a hesitant step closer to find more comfortable ground for her paws rather than the prickly undergrowth they had been resting upon. Creation is a divine task for any wolf. Purpose has been a fleeting thought in my life, never given much thought. You appear to have the determination for it, though. Her tone was sweet in reference to his tone as he spoke. A gentle smile appeared.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Tales of her own origin, as well as that of aspirations and desires. She had few, but Theo caught wind of something more. 

Determination is key, else what will keep the rock tumbling? He mused, tone lit with amusement and throat rumbling with a deep chuckle. I may not make the brightest Emperor... but I know how to do what is best for my people, how to keep them safe, and ensure that we thrive.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Her eyes were back to his as he spoke. He definitely had an alluring way of speaking, and Creed found him intriguing. Particularly how articulate her new acquaintance was with his words. A lone traveler who also happens to aspire to be an emperor? You are a wolf full of many faces, are you not? Creed let a bit of a teasing tone drift into her last sentence. She was not usually one for humor, but she found the opportunity hard to pass up. His handsome chuckle did not go unnoticed as her thin smile lit up.

What's your plan to create this better place? She questioned once more. Perhaps he might tire of her questions soon, but Creed found words left unspoken made for more queries down the road.
27 Posts
Ooc —
The ability to have many faces shows strength and capability. Though there was humor from her, he took it a bit more seriously, answering with a humble pride.

She asked of his plans. I do not know what it will look like in full. But I do know that it will hold many opportunities for those that come to call it home. We will thrive, and I will make it so.

No one in this place will be thought as inferior to another. All will have a part to play. Of course, there were titles higher than others—but it was all just a matter of hierarchy. No one would be mistreated, is more-so what he intended by this.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Indeed. I would be more concerned if you only held one. Her tone drifted to a more serious note before she listened to him carefully. Creed found herself pondering for a moment. Her eyes far away as her inner monologue drifted to potential outcomes and opportunities this could bring not only her but her brother as well. What Theoxaris spoke of was similar to her own ideologies, but she was hesitant to jump to conclusions as their acquaintance thus far was brief. Creed had only ever heard of packs, and she had little clue how they functioned. 

Creed had more-so been a follower of her brother thus far in their life, but she did have a desire for more. Maybe this could be an opportunity for her if the words really rang true. After all, she was tired of the insecurity that came with being two lone wolves on the road.

A continuation on the same topic, nonetheless. Would you like some company with your quest? My kin and I are searching for a place to rest our paws comfortably. Perhaps we can all benefit from each others help? Creed suggested it lightly in order to not put much pressure on her new acquaintance.
27 Posts
Ooc —
Interest. He had not expected it, but she offered it all the same.

I would be more than honored to have you, and possibly your kin, join me on this path. Theoxaris could not hide the smile that appeared. 

I do not know yet where we would lay claim, but perhaps you could be a deciding factor?
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Creed sheepishly chuckled at the notion that she might be the deciding factor. Deep down, she was excited for a new journey. I have minimal knowledge of these wilds. We've only made passing glances through this land up to this point, but I can already tell that these hotter temperatures are trying to thick coats. Her coat definitely suited colder temperatures, and she already found herself missing the frigid temperatures in their homelands.

We are intending to head South, but if we run into even warmer climates, I do believe I might have to pluck some of my fur to cope. It wasn't a serious statement, but there was conviction behind it. The original hope was that the elevation would rise away from the ocean, but she was not sure if that assumption was correct anymore. They had seen mountains at the beginning of their journey, but they had since not seen any in the distance. Do you happen to know what lies South of here?
27 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry about the lengthy wait! hopefully I didn't mess up anything with this plot— !

Much like him, she knew minimal information about this region.

I know not what is south of here. He answered truthfully, having seen little in that area.

We can learn more of the area as we travel... that is, should we continue traveling together.
30 Posts
Ooc — Free
Of course not! I actually made her intentionally vague on other threads so we could continue this! ^^

She shifted on her paws as he spoke, lashing her tail behind her thoughtfully as she considered him. It was a bit of a stretch to travel alone with a wolf she had just met, and Creed wanted to ensure she could trust what the white stranger proposed. Traveling with him would give her time to come to that assumption. For now, she wanted to observe him from afar rather than up close to decide where Theoxaris really stood. It was a precaution despite his open demeanor.

We could also split up and cover more ground? Perhaps we could call for one another and meet every night or afternoon to decide where we will go the next day? She inquired. A fair agreement that could benefit both of them and prompt more exploration than just two wolves traveling together. Creed still valued her own space, and she knew she would need an adjustment period from her fierce independence if she was to travel with another.