and if there's life after that, i'll love you then
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
@Paarthurnax Set at the outskirts of SC borders :)

<style type="text/css"> r3 {color: #87CEFA; font-size: 12px;} .r3box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9MixFRS.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Augustus; line-height: 17px; font-size: 12.5px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 670px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

It had been several days since he had left the Bypass to search for Paarthurnax, he had left his two most trusted wolves in charge while he was gone. His fur was messy and matted for he had only groomed it once since she'd left. And he most certainly didn't feel the need to groom it now. Shadow did not trust those Swiftcurrent wolves, especially that white arctic one he had met at the meadow, he was a reckless brute and he didn't doubt that there would be no hesitation when it came for the white wolf to sink his fangs into him. But then, he himself wouldn't hesitate to defend those he loved.

Night had fallen over the Teekon Wilds and he was close to the Creek now, although Paar's scent trail was not strong, it was quite easy for him to track her down. A scout to some, an assassin, spy and warrior to others. It was as if she wanted him to find her, although he knew that was not the case. So she had indeed gone to Swiftcurrent, he smiled grimly. It would not do to howl for her, for it would only attract the attention of uninvited visitors and it would not be smart.

The moon was high in the midnight sky and he exhaled softly, perhaps it would be best to try to contact her in the morning, but it was too risky to sleep in case the Creek wolves found him. Shadow would just have to be on his guard, the silver Roman trotted silently to the nearby woods, there was no true destination for the Angelus Mortis, his paws seemed to know where to go and his body followed willingly. Platinum eyes flashed from the darkness as he moved. He was heading towards the heart of the forest, and it wasn't long before he arrived at a clearing, it glowed an ethereal silver, the large towering pine trees surrounding it. There were no rocks or any objects in the clearing, only grass. Guided by an unknown force, Shadow trotted to the center and gazed around, half warily and half in awe.

filius meus, angelus mortis", he did not know whether it was spoken in his head or out aloud, but he knew it was the king's voice. Lord Jupiter. Jupiter Dominus" he spoke softly in reply and waited for the god to answer. et preces quae deprecatus exaudietur". He didn't speak, for he knew his lord was not finished. sustinens et habebis signum Iouis honorem"

Shadow heard whispers then and he felt the presence of spirits, of the gods of Rome and they swirled around him. The familiar voice of the founder of the Angelus Mortis line, the god of the underworld, Pluto, echoed in his ear and he thought he felt a pat on his shoulder. What did the dies pater mean by him bearing the mark of Jupiter. He did not understand. And then slowly, the voices and whispers vanished into the cool night air, though their presence remained, as if waiting for something to happen. And something did happen. There was a flash of blinding light and he barely saw the edge of a wing before he felt a stab of pain on his left brow/forehead and on his muzzle. The pain increased moments later and he blinked once, crimson blood dripping into his left eye. There were three long deep bleeding gouges on the left side of his forehead and stopped just on top of his eye. The cut on the right side of his three cuts had a weird look to it, for halfway in the middle, it began to move horizontally before moving with the flow of the claw again. It was a distinct shape of a lightning bolt, the symbol of power of Jupiter. The mark of Jupiter.

And two long talon slashes on the top of his muzzle, the Roman looked forward and blinked but he could not see through the thick curtain of blood splattered on his left eye, so he used only his right eye and spotted three eagles looking at him with bright beady stern eyes. Three was a sacred number and the eagles were the animals of Jupiter, perhaps these were what the shining father meant by the mar of Jupiter. That the gods were still looking out for him, even if they had to cut his flesh open to show it. signum meum tibi nunc freta angeli mortem. Talia enim multi lupi superbia porta eos honore.". Shadow exhaled softly, the blood still in his eye, Gratias tibi, dies pater, ad hoc munus et honor et gloria ferre." there was a gentle huff of air beside his ear before he felt the god vanish, leaving his subordinates behind.

The Roman Imperator dipped his head towards the king and the lead eagle, giving him one last look, departed into the sky with its two subordinates following it. Scarlet liquid dripped onto the silver grass and Shadow couldn't help but smile the faintest of smiles.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It had not been a week, and despite her hopes that Shadow would not come for her, he did just that. Unable to find sleep in fearful anticipation for a suspected arrival, Paarthurnax had slipped from the warmth of her burrow, as she had done the previous night. She knew someone from Noctisardor Bypass would at the very least come to the Easternmost border in search of her to deliver a message - a warning or perhaps even a hint that her departure was noted and understood.

She couldn't deny that her heart longed for her to look upon his handsome visage once more, to drink deep the sight of him for potentially the last time. So when she picked up the distinct aroma of her former mate, Paar went to him. But she did not go confidently, for hesitation slowed her pace.

When she found him, alone in a clearing just beyond the Creek's outskirts, her breath hitched in her throat. Hidden among the foliage she paused to quietly observe him standing there, uncertain if this was a trap to draw her out of the safety of Swiftcurrent to be snatched away by silent, waiting guards. Time dragged by and, confident that they could speak without interruption, Paarthurnax chuffed softly to announce her presence and made herself visible by striding out into the moonlight.

"Shadow," she mustered his name, concern lacing her tone as she detected the smell of fresh blood. As she approached from his right side, Paarthurnax could not see the injury to his brow, but instead of investigation she paused in her tracks to look calmly upon the silver outrider and try to ignore the frantic thrum of her broken heart.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
<style type="text/css"> r3 {color: #87CEFA; font-size: 12px;} .r3box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9MixFRS.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; border: 1px solid #261615;} .r3text {margin: auto; width: 380px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Augustus; line-height: 17px; font-size: 12.5px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 670px; margin-top: 20px;}</style>

The Imperator stood still when the eagles had departed, scarlet liquid slowly dripping from his face down onto the grass, he stiffened though barely visibly when a familiar scent drifted towards him, the wind bringing him a gift and a bomb. He'd thought he would be the one to find her, not the other way around and a tiny flame of hope ignited inside him, did she still love him, did she seek him out to apologize? No, he was being stupid, she wouldn't, after all she had Scimitar with her didn't she? Shadow did not move, staying in his bowing position, time moved slowly and it was if the gods were holding their breath and waiting to see what would happen next. This ain't a show for you guys he thought sourly and was responded with a faint sound of laughter from a god, possibly Mercury, if he could smile, it would probably have been a smirk.

Finally she made a move, "Shadow," his heart clenched painfully within his chest as she spoke, it had only been a week but it felt like months, years without her. Shadow realized his fur was messy and ragged from lack of grooming and the grieving that had taken hold of him. Finally he raised himself to his full height, turned to look at her, left eye covered in a curtain of blood and streams of scarlet streaming down the left side of his face. Silver eyes filled with pain and grief, though he forced a faint smile on his face which probably just distorted his bloodied features. "Paar..." he whispered softly and took a step forward towards her then stopped and just looked at her.

Paarthurnax seemed different somehow, he couldn't put his paw on it but she looked different. "I hope the Creek is treating you fine," he murmured, locking his gaze to her copper eyes. "And the wolves aren't being rude to you because you used to be my....former mate." he wrenched the words out and managed another smile. Shadow did not cry, though he felt very close to doing so. He shook his head impatiently, shaking crimson droplets everywhere. "I hope Scimitar will be able to get them under control, or I'll do it for him, for free." he paused, no longer able to force nice words out of his jaws. "I'm sorry." he breathed out wearily.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
If she'd known he had not wept for her, and that he so quickly sought to find comfort in the embrace of another wolfess, Paarthurnax would not have felt such great pity for him. Oblivious to his feelings toward her now that she'd thrust a metaphorical barrier between then, the crimson Frostfur could do nothing but stare with wide-eyed concern at the sterling brute who'd once been her lover, and resist the overwhelming urge to stride forth and offer support for the pain she'd put him through.

Alas, she could not. She knew now what Shadow was capable of, and the vivid memory of Enya and her pitifully submissive, almost begging attitude fleetingly crossed her wary mind. Paar whined softly when her former partner straightened himself and turned his once proud crown her way, sparking alarm within her as she noticed the wet glisten of scarlet that marred the entire left portion of his face. Unsure if he'd gotten himself into a brawl for whatever reason or if he'd sought to mutilate himself to draw her attention to him, the russet she-wolf pressed her velvet ears back and frowned sadly at the male she'd abandoned.

He breathed her name and went on to add that he hoped the Creek and its wolves were treating her well, but Paarthurnax did not respond with words. She simply stared at Shadow with a glassy gaze, until at last he offered apology. "I am sorry," as they both should be. For believing that they had been a compatible pair, and leading each other into a false sense of comfort. "I should have told you," she managed, looking away and down at her paws, unwilling to brave another step for fear that her emotion might bring her to her knees before him. "But I did not know how."
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

He shook his head and smiled sadly when she spoke, "I am sorry,", and the words that followed. That she should have told him but didn't know how. "You don't need to be sorry, I deserve this, everything, and you know that, more than anyone." and braved another step forward. There was painful acceptance in his gaze for he knew that nothing would be able to persuade his former lover to come home, no, come back to the Bypass. "I would've changed all my ways if you asked me to, I would've done anything to keep you home." Shadow lowered his head, "I promised myself not to be the man my father was, but I did just that. I need to thank you for waking me up again,". He was going to change and apologize to everyone, he was going to free Enya from her chains and give her what was rightfully hers again. "I'm going to release Enya when I go back, you should at least say goodbye to Crëyr, she misses you." and I'll have to somehow break this news to the pack.

The Roman blinked as he looked at her intently now, noticing what was different about her, did Scimitar..?. There was a flash of fury in his eyes before vanishing for even if Scimitar had, it wouldn't show this quickly, and the only other wolf that she had been with as far as he knew, was himself. Shadow raised his eyes to look at her once more, he did not know how he felt. "You're pregnant.....with my pups?" he breathed out, no trace of anger in his tone. Why didn't she tell him, though, they were his too, and she had no right to bring what was rightfully half his away and not inform him. If he did not come, would they have been raised in Swiftcurrent, with Scimitar as their father?

No. Way. In. Hell.

"Did you want to raise them away from me, to never know their dad?" he said, disbelief and sadness edging his tone. "Do you hate me that much? Did you think I would seek to take them back to the Bypass. I do, but I would not take them away from their mother, nor their father, and growing up without either parent hurts." Shadow trotted forward, closing the distance between them but did not touch her, instead gazed at her with weary eyes. I loved her and I still do, I don't want to hurt her and make her come back to the Bypass by begging her, for I know she might do that if I begged enough. Help me, Venus.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She shook her head, unwilling to accept his statement that he would have changed in order to keep her. "We cannot change who we are," was her defence, and found herself doubting his claim. "We could have pretended, but the reality of this is that we just aren't right for each other." Things might have been pleasant for a little while, perhaps, if shed been brave enough to lay her concerns or before him... But ultimately, when the dust settled and things were more comfortable, she felt that Shadow would revert back to his old ways. Perhaps it was unfair to assume, but Paarthurnax was steadfast in her judgement of the situation.

Noctisardor Bypass had been a fine place to live, a plentiful land of great beauty and the ideal place to rear her offspring. But it was the laws of the pack she'd struggled to come to terms with, and it seemed Shadow had come to realise this with his promise to relieve Enya of her status as his prisoner. "She should not ever have been held against her will," Paar said, more strength in her voice this time, and blinked back her hurt when Shadow went on to mention the name of a dear friend she'd left behind.

The slate female had been kind and excepting of her always, and Paarthurnax had come to love her as a pack-sister. The crimson Frostfur did not respond to her former mate with words, but dipped her crown in a nod off agreement. But given her condition, she would not be the one to travel; Crëyr would have to come to her.

Suddenly, pieces of Shadow's puzzle clocked into place and, noticing the subtle swell if Paar's abdomen, anger flashed in his steely gaze. He took a step toward her, but she took two steps back, placing further distance between them. If he was going to let his temper control him, Paarthurnax did not wish to be his punch bag. "Your pups?" she said, a defensive edge to her tone, "they are ours."

He slackened, however, and soon rage was replaced by sadness and regret. Shadow sought to make her guilty for her decision to leave him then, for refusing to remain at Noctisardor to rear the children with him despite her growing unhappiness. "You would have them watch their mother crumble?" Paarthurnax let him closer then, for she was confident that he would not seek to cause her physical harm. Surely he would not be so foolish to inflict injury on the mother of his kids; "I love you still, Shadow, and part of me always will. But I am not Roman. I can't remain in the background like you wished me to, with restricted duty as an Alphess. All I wanted was to be your equal, but you did not trust my judgement and my word would always be second to yours."

She did not know how she reigned in her emotions and kept herself from sobbing. Paarthurnax sought her ex-partner's gaze then, marred by vivid crimson that settled from his fresh wounds, "you kept wolves hidden away under guard, captives, used them as slaves. My brother sought to do the same of me by plotting to send me off to his enemy in attempt to make amends, as I already told you. I will not have my sons grow up to believe that this is acceptable."
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

There was no more fire to spark inside him and he could not bring himself to feel angry when she told him that they couldn't change who they were. That they just weren't right for each other. He didn't move as she continued to speak, and smiled without humor. He wanted to say that she had trespassed but he knew that she would prove to be an asset to the pack, besides he hadn't beaten her or anything but he just nodded simply. Father had always held wolves against their wills and being brought up in that environment, he found no problem with that, he himself had been held against his will too and did anyone care? No, he had to take care of himself and his siblings, no one here would understand, he thought bitterly.

Hurt flashed through his eyes as she took two step backwards, as if she was afraid of him. Then she proceeded to say that it wasn't his pups but theirs, Shadow did not answer but dipped his head to acknowledge her words. "You would have them watch their mother crumble?". He listened quietly as she spoke, and did not know how he felt. Pain, both physically and emotionally. Hurt. Grief. He wondered with cold amusement how one could feel so much negative emotions at the same time without crying. "I don't want you to be a goddamn Roman. I don't want you to remain in the background, its just...." he shook his head helplessly. "Oh gods, is this what you want to hear? Well, I'm sorry for everything I've done. I've made bad decisions in my life, I shouldn't have promoted you so soon when the pack has not yet learnt to fully trust you. I trust your judgement but I don't at the same time because I am harsh and I make harsh decisions. I admit that. And I didn't think you would be able to make them. I was wrong about everything." he said softly, shaking his head.

Do you want me to fall onto my belly and kiss your paws just to earn a tiny bit of forgiveness?" he thought as she spoke once more. "I admit it was wrong, I was wrong. I was cruel and harsh. I know that." and I don't need you to tell me that. "I'm going to free them and I won't do it again, even if you think we can't change. I'll do my best. Then he lifted his head and smiled crookedly, though it did not reach his eyes, the chilling platinum remained dark and filled with pain. "I believe you said it was our sons." he added, a bit of his old sarcastic humor returning.

The Roman shook his head, "Forgive me, it is not the time for that. I wouldn't want our children to believe that its acceptable like I did when I grew up. But neither do I want them to grow up without either of their parents. Perhaps Scimitar would tell the wolves not to kill the kids, but he did not trust the Creek wolves, especially that white bastard. He was prejudiced and he was stupid. "I know that you will not come back and I didn't come to tell you to come back, I came to talk and look at you for the last time. But perhaps it will not be our last." Shadow's silver eyes were full of desperation now, he knew there was not much of a chance between them now but he wasn't going to let this be the last time.

"I know I have a bad reputation with the Creek but I also know Scimitar is not like the white Creek wolf. He is honorable, if not in the way of the Romans. I wish to talk with him and discuss a truce and visiting rights, if you'll allow it." The ashen outrider paused and tentatively approached her, mentally begging her not to move back again, his heart was torn into enough pieces already. "I don't want our relationship to end in hate, and neither do I want our children to know what happened between us or see us in bad terms. I know we cannot be a couple and so I ask to be friends, I'm sorry for everything I've done and I hope you'll let me see the kids, that you'll talk to Scimitar about it."

The gods and the fate had taught him a lesson, a cruel and harsh one but it had taught him good. Shadow lowered his head to her, "It would be nice to be able to see the kids grow up to become strong honorable wolves, unlike their dad. To see them when they've just been born and to see them grow older."

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Shadow told her the blunt, honest truth. He regretted promoting her when apparently the pack did not trust her; he admitted that he had been unable to rely on her judgement as an Alphess; he announced that he'd been wrong. But she had been wrong too, for leading him along as she clung to the belief that they were compatible. Looking at him then, she felt her throat tighten as the proud silver outrider poured out his broken heart, promising to be a better example for their children.

His dark humour calmed her frustration, and Paar even managed to express a fleeting, subtle smile for him. Despite his arrogance and brutality of the previous weeks, Shadow had always been able to attract her with his collected way to melt her irritation away. Following this came an apology that Paar did not really acknowledge, for she did not feel it necessary considering the many "sorries" he'd already delivered, and pricked her ears at the mention of a white Creek wolf.

Immediately she thought of the pale Kappa who'd intimidated her only the day following her arrival, and who'd lurked around her den site in the days following. He was suspicious of her, and rightly so, but it did strike her as rather frightening. Unwilling to discuss her new pack-mates with her former mate, Paarthurnax let the matter drop, and Shadow pressed onto other concerns.

"I would not be able to find it in me to hate you, even if I wanted to," she told the ashen brute gently, allowing him to step closer as he made to advance her way. Paarthurnax stood her ground, blinking up at him with solemn copper eyes, "I have said all along that I wanted our pups to know where they came from. Us being apart doesn't change that; you'll be their father, no matter what. We will find a way to make this work." She wanted to reach out to him then, to assure him with the touch of her muzzle to his, but she was afraid that it would bring her to tears. Paarthurnax still loved Shadow fiercely, despite their differences, and although she would discuss the matter with Scimitar, she feared that her former mate may have already burned his bridges. "Your wound," she pointed out, "it needs tending to."
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

He grinned tentatively back at her when she managed a smile, however subtle it was. That was part of the reason why wolves followed him, and possibly the reason why Crëyr said she wouldn't want any other leader for the Bypass. There was a kind of charm, an aura of quiet strength that radiated off him. And his sarcasm and wit, charming silver eyes and the charismatic smirk always either annoyed wolves, or got them to follow him. Look at Danica, for example, it had been his humor and sarcasm that got them to become friends. Others, like Scimitar, got annoyed and irritated by it. Saying it was arrogance and insubordination. Maybe, but his real self was not arrogant, it was his facade that was.

"I would not be able to find it in me to hate you, even if I wanted to," he smiled at her, sadly but a true smile, reached out to touch the tip of his muzzle to her cheek briefly before speaking, “We may not be mates but I once swore to tell you only the truth so I shall now, there is no pretending, a part of me will always love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” he said solemnly. For even if he did fall in love again, and married with another woman, a part of his heart, his soul would always belong to her, his first love. She said something about always wanting their pups to know where they came from, that they being apart didn't matter, that he'll be the father no matter what.

"Thats great, I feared Scimitar would have the be the substitute dad if I didn't come," Shadow said, trying to lighten up the mood. "It'll work, one way or another. I'll kneel in front of Scimitar and the whole pack and kiss their paws if thats what I gotta to do see my kids." he said seriously. The Roman had pride, but he was willing to swallow it and set it aside if it was about his family and those he loved. He wasn't a heartless brute, he cared deeply though it was hard for him to show it.

"Your wound, it needs tending to." Paar said, he winced at that. So caught up with everything he had forgotten about the pain and now it began to work. It hurt badly, the talons of the eagles having sunk deep into his flesh but he was pretty sure he wasn't going to die. "Wounds actually, the eagle king and two of his subordinates drove their talons into my face. He didn't mention the fact that it was Jupiter that had sent them for she would only think him crazy. "I'll be alright,"

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
As though he faced the same inner demons that she did, Shadow leaned in to touch her downy white cheek with his blood-smeared nose. He spoke softly to her, words that did not ease her pain or her guilt, but at last brought tears to her dim copper eyes. Paarthurnax blinked then, her breath catching as she kept herself from inhaling sharply in the form of a sob, then dipped her crown - breaking the physical contact between them - to hide away her welling emotion. Despite all his flaws, Shadow had been good to her. He'd appreciated her for her, not just for her beauty. When she regained control of her overwhelming need to cry, she straightened herself and lifted her head once more to seek her former lover's steel gaze.

It was then that he brought forth Scimitar's name into the conversation, and Paar's expression contorted into one of confusion. Did he think that she'd left him for Swiftcurrent's leader? That somehow she favoured him as a father figure for her brood? She twitched her nose, offended that Shadow might think her one to turn her tail on their mateship to seek a new one elsewhere. "I have no interest in taking Scimitar as a partner," she emitted immediately in her own defense, "he will not be playing happy families with me, if that's what you are suggesting."

He dismissed her concern for his open wound and, since he didn't care for it, wondered inwardly if she should too.
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

She blinked after he spoke and lowered her crown, he merely gazed at her with eyes of chilling silver filled with sadness. Shadow let her collect herself, finally she straightened up and looked him in the eye. Though he managed a small smile when she spoke once again, "I have no interest in taking Scimitar as a partner," he tilted his head, but his eyes sparked with mirth, even if it was faint, it was an improvement. "he will not be playing happy families with me, if that's what you are suggesting.". "No," he said softly. "I was just joking."

Shadow glanced at the sky and although it was still dark, he knew it wouldn't be long before daylight came and he wasn't going to let himself be captured by the Swiftcurrent wolves. "I'm going to stay here for a week or so, to discuss with Scimitar and I won't have this wound festering. Do you have any herbs you can name that might help, I'm not the best healer around." he attempted a smile but it was brief. Aemilia was a good healer, the best out of his brothers for although Aku taught them about healing, it was mostly fighting they excelled at.

"So you'll talk to Scimitar about the visiting? It would be easier to persuade him if you talked to him first, but I don't doubt he'll still want to rip a chunk out of me when I ask for an audience with him. Can't blame him though." he knew he had been an annoying, insubordinate, disrespectful, arrogant, harsh, brutal bastard and he knew it was his fault. His goal was to be like that, but perhaps not so extreme. Shadow knew what he had to do this time, and he would do anything to get it.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Although she let her threatening bristles flatten with Shadow's assurance that he'd been joking, Paarthurnax' irritation with him remained. It was not the place and most certainly not the time to be mocking their mutually difficult situation. It was his way of dealing with stress, no doubt, but it was not her own.

When the sterling outrider announced that he intended to stay in the area for a further week or so, the two-toned wolfess couldn't help but feel that it would be a bad idea. Furthermore, she wondered who Shadow trusted enough to hold the fort at Noctisardor Bypass in his absence, when Paar herself had not been deemed suitable enough to greet with potential recruits at the borders. She frowned inwardly at the thought of the imbecile Flash acting as a leader until Shadow's return, which was a real possibility considering how close the two had been in the time leading to Paarthurnax' departure. Shadow went on to express more concern for his wound, and the scarlet beauty stepped closer to better examine the depth of each cut. "You must clean it," she said, fully aware that it was in an awkward position for him to do so on his own. But with fresh, flowing water he could position himself in the shallows to allow it the chance to clear any grime away that may have been delivered by the predators' talons. "In the creek. I'll find you there with some supplies."

The crimson Frostfur made to turn and head off in search of the items she required, but instead paused and pricked her velvet lobes at her former mate's suggestion that she talk with her cinnamon Alpha. She looked over a slim shoulder at him, sure that this talk could wait, but offered him assurance: "I will discuss with Scimitar," Paar said, "but you must know that I cannot make any promises. You must prove yourself when you seek audience with him." Not waiting to hear what he had to say, she trotted from him and into Swiftcurrent territory in the direction where she knew she could find medicine without dipping into her Winter stash.
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
Fade with one more post from you? :)

The silver outrider did not move as his former mate stepped closer, "You must clean it,", immediately he wanted to say something sarcastically. He knew he needed to clean the goddamn wound but it wouldn't do to take his anger, grief and pain that he had on the wolf in front of him, even if it was because of her that he was in his state. Shadow thanked Jupiter though, for giving him wisdom and strength once more, and giving him the honor of bearing the mark of Jupiter. "In the creek. I'll find you there with some supplies." The Roman lowered his head and nodded, "Thank you, Paarthurnax," he spoke to her softly.

He watched with unveiled eyes as she turned to leave but then paused and spoke to him again, "I will discuss with Scimitar, but you must know that I cannot make any promises. You must prove yourself when you seek audience with him." and that wasn't going to be easy, especially after he purposely tried to reveal the truth to the new Creek wolves. Or at least it was the truth he liked. I'll let you torture myself if thats what it takes to see my kids, I am not afraid of you, Scimitar, I am merely yielding to see what is rightfully mine and hers. There was no way his children were going to grow up without seeing their father, especially his sons. So much Roman stories and myths to tell them and watch his first ever children grow up.

A low sigh slipped from the Roman's lips as he moved to sit by a tree, the blood was drying but just as quickly, new blood leaked out, and pain struck at his face. But he was trained to never feel pain, Shadow felt the stinging feeling but it did not cut through him like it did with others. He did not fear death, but just this once, he wished for it to be later in his life, Scimitar was not going to kill him, if it came to that, he had full confidence he could kill the other male instead and take over the Creek. After all, Shadow had defeated the older male in a spar before.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He thanked her, maintaining formality by calling her by her full moniker rather than her nick-name. Paarthurnax regarded her former lover quietly, her ears tipped back and her eyes clouded with pity. Pity for Shadow, who would be the one to suffer most of all from her choices. She very much doubted that Scimitar would take kindly to the idea of his rival lurking around Swiftcurrent borders in the hope that he might gain access to his offspring.

She would have loved for them to grow up in Noctisardor Bypass, with their parents united and their family a strong unit. But the Roman life had been unkind to her, just as Samarkand had been when her own mother and father departed. Sahrotaar's rule had been harsh and unforgiving, just as Shadow's had proven to be. And like before, when her brother saw fit to spirit her away to a nieghbouring harem like some common concubine, she fled.

Her guilt was immeasurable, and would continue to be for a very long time. But she could learn to love her life again, just as she was sure Shadow would. Turning away from him, Paar jogged in the direction of where she knew a fresh supply of rose hip to grow. When she found the source she plucked several of the berries, collecting them in a small pile which she gathered in her mouth and carried to the place she'd told Shadow to wait for her.

He was there, his features sodden from the cold water, and Paar moved in close to tend to his wound. She presented to him a portion of the rose hip, "eat these, to boost your immune system and prevent infection," while she set about chewing the others into a fine paste. Tentatively she smeared it across his open wounds, careful not to apply too much pressure that might cause pain.

"Find somewhere to rest. Clean the cuts again tomorrow, but be careful not to lift the scabbing," she told him, and let silence fall between them. Paarthurnax blinked up at the wolf who'd been her beloved, her copper eyes sad and her expression equally solemn, before she turned and promptly made her way home to her den.