Redhawk Caldera Don't Shake It So Hard
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
@Elwood W_^V ◆

Descending down the brightly lit spiral staircase, Ashton directed his patient to the third infirmary. Three was his favorite number, and even though this infirmary was the same as all the others, having its sterilized fur mats, lavender perfume, clean, it was just his favorite room. Why not give it to his favorite pack member?

"Make yourself at home, Electro. It's nice and tidy in there. Smells dandy, too. Got some nice firefly lightleaves in there too, keeping it from feelin all dark and spooky for ya. As you can see, "
Ash spun in a 360° motion, indicating the entire huge halfway, all the rooms, everywhere,
"I put the lights everywhere. "

A grin broke across his face, him showing how comfortable he was around his counterpart.
He was thoroughly enjoying himself, and hoped Elwood was, as well.
Ashton had spent days digging the rooms, the halls, the pantries, gathering the furs, gathering the flowers, obtaining the herbs, bark, webs, leaves, everything.
He put his life into this little place, and a bit of pride inched is way into his humble heart.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood couldn't help but be impressed by Ashton's infirmary. The den was much more than he could have ever imagined; though it looked expansive even from the surface, it held more corridors than any burrow he had ever visited. He thought of Somnia and the advice she had given him on how to construct a densite. If she hadn't seen this masterpiece yet, she needed to.

He followed the medic through the labyrinth of hallways. It did smell nice, and he was amazed at the ingenuity all around him -- especially the way Ashton had lit the cavern. "This is...incredible," he said, following his friend into a spacious room. At Ashton's prompting, he reclined onto his haunches, though he sat lopsided so as not to put pressure on his wounds. "Amazing," he repeated, looking all around him at Ashton's hard work.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆forgive me for not being here as soon as I shouldve been, please? Jeez, like, El coulda grown up, had kids, and been healed from this little wound by now, lmao◆

Ash turned to see the greyscaled El's orbs wide and amazed.
So he had done somethin' narley, eh?
That made him feel real good on the inside, like the kinda good you feel after being told you saved a life from massive world ending disaster,...
Or somethin of that nature.

"Thanks alot, lightnin dude. That makes me real happy. "

A sincere smile placed its angelic bod on Ash's maw, but to avoid bustin out in the 'thank ya so much that makes me feel like a hardcore builder and im gonna go take on the world with a shroom on my back thanks to you', Ash turned the soft smile into a lofty grin, and through its friendliness it held its low but apparent post of professionalism.

"Alright, ya nippy nap of a slippery cap," dear mother of Nature, that sounded so much better in his head, "what can I know aboutcha little slice here, before I start tryin ta patch it up? And sickness? Tum aches? Dizziness? Joint problemos? Unexcused bleedings?"

As the golden hippie spoke, his gems assessed the wound again, also trying to find anything useful.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
OOC: Actually, he's got grandchildren now. :P Haha, no worries!

IC: It took Elwood a few moments to reel himself back in and attend to the situation at hand. He was highly distracted by Ashton's amazing infirmary; his gaze traced the line of the ceiling, wondering how the medic had managed to dig the burrow so perfectly and include so many hallways and corridors. Was he part mole or something?

He eventually focused on Ashton and the questions that he asked, shaking his head to each ailment. Luckily, he hadn't experienced any side effects due to the injury, which likely meant that the infantile infection Ashton had previously mentioned hadn't gotten any worse. "No, nothing like that. The muscle is just a little stiff and achy, and it hurts to put too much pressure on that leg," he explained, shifting slightly so that the doctor could have a better look at his wound. The lacerations didn't seem to be deep, and it felt more like the entire area had been badly bruised beneath the skin.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Rad, man. That's a good thing. Means I dont have to slip you a blue cap, and toss you in the ER. Thats a good thing. That also means you probably are already healin up pretty swell. Good job, El."

The Doctor had no issue complimenting a fellow on them keepin themselves alive. Hell, everyone deserved a bit of praise every now and then, so Ash followed suite.

"Gotta check you out, insure ya got no parasites, mites, or dirt gigabites lodged in the scab. If there's any inflammation around it, ya still got the infection, but otherwise im gonna treat you for basic laceration, mhmnk, Electro? It'll save us both time, and after its all over and done, ill set you a couple of options on your board. "

Ash only saw the pelt attempting to reheal, and Ash would have just let it happen with a few ointments, if he hadn'tve noticed the light film that yellowed over the exposed scab. The sign of infection. Young, though can morph into danger if left unattended.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Though Elwood didn't know what a blue cap or the ER were, he decided that they didn't sound good and was glad that Ashton said he wouldn't need them. Apparently that meant that the wound was on its way to recovery already. The patient leaned to the side obediently so that Ashton could get a good look at the wounds and make sure that there was nothing there that didn't belong.

"That sounds good," he agreed, relieved to hear that he would only need a basic treatment and that Ashton would provide him with a directions on how to help it continue to heal. However, the doctor suddenly fell silent as he examined the scab, and Elwood craned his neck around to look at both Ashton and his hindquarters. "What is it?" he asked, raising his brows with concern.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The teen heard the worry in his companions voice, and as a well trained Doc, he was quick to reassure the grey bro. Ash would found it a bit funny how just a mere bout of silence could cause panice to flare, but after realizing just how traumatic ot could be to trust your life in the hands of another, and not know whether or not the words the slapped all over the place with their fancy mumbo jumbo talk and huge words were true, to be unable to say how correct someone was in there theory on your own body, to actually see, to know whether they were right or not.
That's some deep shit.
Deep enough to make the Doctor chill out on the humor for a few.

"Nothin, at all, El. You're still a host of a smidge of infection, but with the nice little things I managed to cram in here before Mother Nature decided to heave and ho life of greenery away. Nit a worry, at all, dude. Go ahead, make yaself comfortable. Try not to panic or nothin, got it? It would raise ya heart rate, make ya blood pressure fly past the moon, and probably crack a crevice in your skin tissue on the wound. With the infection, you dont want that gettin in ya blood stream, or else it'll sick you down, and then shit will hit the fan, and then I'd have to figure out how to unsick ya, too. I'll snag the shrubs ill need, and grab a few things for the little OP and give you a few treats I nabbed to help your recovery process run a bit smoother with less aches, ouches, and insomnia."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The doctor was quick to reassure his patient, and Elwood was able to calm his nervous slightly as Ashton spoke. He found the hippie's strange way of speaking to be soothing; Ashton was able to explain the medical procedures in a plain way so that it was easy for a less experienced wolf such as Elwood to understand. He nodded his head, having no further verbal input to add as Ashton excused himself to gather the herbs and plants that he needed for the simple procedure.

In order to make it easier for Ashton to work, Elwood eased himself into a laying position. He then rolled over onto his side, leaving the injured haunch exposed. With a soft sigh -- of resignation, or relief? -- he let his cheek rest against the cool ground and closed his eyes.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Ashton took his leave, swiveling on a sandy tan heel, and padding down the hallway, the hippie contemplated life. He thought on how the dirt felt between the webbings of his paws, the internal drum of his steady heart, the tunnels in which the air took to enter and exit his lungs, the refreshment his eyes feel as a swift blink invigorates the drying lense,
Everything of life was to be appreciated. And that was one thing Ash did, straight to the 'T'.

Arriving at his medical cabinet storage room, he walked to the farthest back of the little dug out until he came upon the 'herbolic' section. The wet nose sorted through the shelves until the smell of the few plants he needed.
Milkweed, Garris Root, and rosemary.
Then, traveling to the 'bandage' area, he removed a mass of webbings from the spiders he was harvesting, wrapping the pale white thickness around his dandy sandy paw. Nosing it off, he trotted over to the 'tools' niche, and carefully grabbed a wooden bowl he had worked hella hard to hollow out. Just the simple thought reminded him of the several plants he had to chew just to remove the splinters from his gums.
Pouring all his little naturalities in the bowl, he removed the flat stone from the second shelf, and after taking it gently in his jaws, smashed everything around in the bowl until he finally had the poultice he needed.

The teen took the bowl of healing mush, and took it down to the infirmary, carefully griping the mixture in his little incisors, as gentle as if he were carrying a pup.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood lay completely still while Ashton was gone, not quite calm enough to fall asleep, but simply enjoying the quiet. He focused on his breathing -- the steady in and out of the air through his nostrils, the rise and fall of his ribcage. Eventually, his thoughts began to drift and he briefly forgot about his injury and the mild worry that he felt.

He thought of Avery, and found himself wondering again where she was. Had she found a new pack? Was she happy? Maybe she even had a mate, was planning to start a family next year. Or maybe she was hurt and alone somewhere, or even worse -- no, he didn't want to consider such a negative option. Besides, she was his twin; he thought that he would feel...different, somehow, if something happened to her.

There was a rustling of feet against the ground as Ashton returned, drawing Elwood out of his own mind and back into the present. He opened his eyes, letting them focus in the dim light as he looked up at the blonde wolf. The doctor was holding a bowl of sorts, and Elwood sniffed at its contents. "What is all that?" he asked, more out of simple curiosity than fear.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Setting the bowl down, the doctor gave his patient an cheerful look at the question. He'll, die had the right to know, didn't he?
Yea, suppose so,..
Shut up and tell him.
Bruh, chillax the hostility.

"This nice and herbtastic little chunky soup here, is a cleaning agent. The good thing is that this dandy little mush here is gonna clean your cut there like it's the last thing you're ever gonna have in your life. The bad thing, is that its gonna sting like bee shits, because it's got milkweed and lovely little Rosey M's in it. The juice from those babies will do their job to clean everything that it touches, so be prepped. Also, after I put this nice healing down on ya, it'll have to stay on for half an hour, and then washed off. A timely reappliement will have ta be put on the next day, to make sure the bad lil bacterias dont come back for a round two. Up side of it is that the stuff works as fast as you throwin yourself in the very situation that ya earned it, from. "

A emerald eye was hidden, as the handsome lithe teen winked at his comrade, and shortly after, he continued.

"Whenever ya got your tongue between your teeth, I'll start OP, muchacho. And get it wedged in there good, because from what I remember, this stuff is gonna feel just as bad as the feelin of the skin shreddin up."

The Aspen stood comfortably and patiently by the bowl, awaitin the go of his amigo.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Ashton's explanation was, as usual, quite wordy, but Elwood was able to understand the gist of it. He had concocted a mixture of herbs that would act as a cleaning agent, removing bacteria and whatever other bad things gathered in cuts and lacerations. Elwood winced in advance as Ashton warned him that the application of the poultice would sting, but he gritted his teeth anyway; the minor amount of pain would be worth ensuring that he didn't lose his hind limb from infection (okay, perhaps that was a bit dramatic, but it did make him feel better).

"Okay," he agreed readily, prepared to let the doctor slather on the mush. He forced himself to keep his eyes open, so he could watch and learn how to do it himself when it was time to reapply.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Taking a gentle paw, the golden teen dipped his paw in the medicine, and softly placed it across the hind of his comrade. Only after he made sure that he would place it directly on the wound, did he starts spreadin the cleanin stuffz. Swish, swish, swish, plop.
Another pawful.
Swish, swish, swish, plop.
Final pawful.
Swish, swish, swish, plop.

Ash took his a step back, admiring his neat and hopefully successful ashtastic job. He could smell the bacteria bein murdered, as his heart throbbed.
The golden pelted dude took a small rabbit pelt, and wiped a lime green colored paw on the soft fur. He knew he couldn't lick this particular med off of him, because the chemical concoction would not agree with the particular bacteria in his stomach, and he would get violently sick.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
OOC: Hahaha, I laughed when I saw your screenshot in the Gossip thread. "He slathered the mush."

IC: Under Elwood's watchful gaze, Ashton began to apply the medicine. It took three applications, all of which were pretty swift and not as painful as Elwood was expecting. There was definitely a sting as the mixture seeped into the wound, but it wasn't completely unbearable. It stained the grey fur immediately around the injury bright green, which looked a bit comical and counterproductive -- the bright hue looked wrong, but he trusted that Ashton knew what he was doing.

"That wasn't so bad," he admitted, relaxing once Ashton was finished. He hadn't realized it, but he had tensed up his entire body during the process. His tail thumped the ground twice, then he sat up gingerly, careful not to touch his haunch to the ground. "So I need to apply it three times like that?" he asked, gesturing to what was remaining of the concoction.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆I was so determined to reply back to your thread, I didn't even care if I stuck to just 'he slathered the mush.' Hahaha Kim, the determination, I swear. Just for you. W_^V ◆

With visible effort, his counterpart relaxed, and Ash couldn't keep the amount of surprise from his face.
Not only was the silver dude able to take the beating from the cougar, but he was able to fight off the smarting of the greenery cleaning agent.
This dude totally had chutz. And the Doctor certainly had no problem tellin him.

"Dude," he began, a humor twinkling in his verdes, "you got the balls of a bull. I cried like a widowed chicken, when I first used this poultice. Totally rad, bro."

After complimenting the comrad, the groovy little teen offered the slouched out a paw-bump before he answered the question of prescription.

"Nah, Delio Elio, the good green stuff only needs one more application, and thats tomorrow. After half an hour, take your furry hide down to a water place and wash it off, or else it'll have higher chance of lowering your immune system. Thirty minutes is just the safety protocol for evac'in the bacterium from ya wound. The second app is for insuring the white blood cells remember the stuff that was once in you, and the new stuff thats on you, and know which one to kick out, and which one to add to its list of 'allies'. "
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Not only was Ashton a skilled medic, but he knew how to make his patients feel at ease, too. Elwood didn't think he would have been so calm had he been under the supervision of a more high strung wolf; there was something about Ashton's nature that kept him level-headed. Even Ashton's proclamation that Elwood withstood the treatment better than he would have was reassuring.

He laughed at Ashton's phrasing -- as usual, it was kooky -- and shook his head as he imagined a widowed chicken and what it would look like if it was crying. "I would have liked to see that," he quipped, then he sobered as Ashton explained what he would need to do to ensure that his injury continued to heal. He would only need to apply the mixture one other time, and after it had been given thirty minutes to sink in, it was important that he rinse it off. He nodded, showing his understanding as he bookmarked the information in his mind.

"Got it, doc. Should I hang out here until this application needs to be rinsed?" he asked, glancing back at the green-stained fur on his haunch.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆wanna wrap up, Kim? If so, I can make this last post, if you want. After all, we do have another thread to work on, dont we? :P ◆

The sun plaited Doctor had a good chuckle at the image of him at his first application of the green goo. Dear gebus, the sting got him, and got him good, because he had bit his lip at the touch. But hell, the stuff worked, and that was mainly what mattered, right?
Right.
Alright, then.

Without a further ado, Ash nodded to the greyscale dude.

"Yea, if you want, ya can cop a spot in this little den here. 30 min of a nap or somethin, and theres a little river. Might be a bit chilly, due to Mother Nature takin herself a breather. But yea, I dont mind ya stayin here. Better here, than outside, and I got a nice little cache of rabbit and geese not too far from the den, so help yaself, lightnin."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Perfect! I'll post once more and then archive this!

Elwood nodded as Ashton advised him to relax here in the comfort of his infirmary, then take a dip in the nearby river once enough time had elapsed. He shivered at the thought of dunking himself in the cold water, but knew it would be worth it to ensure that his infection didn't worsen or spread. "Thanks again, Ashton, for everything," the yearling said, flashing a genuine grin at his doctor -- and friend. He then settled down into a more comfortable position, resting his head on his paws.

The two males continued an easygoing banter for the next thirty minutes, and then when his time was up, Elwood said farewell and departed. He carefully and thoroughly rinsed his haunches in the frigid water, then hurried back to his own den to dry off and nap.