Stone Circle I sometimes have wondered, where you've gone?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
All Welcome 
Been interested in Kvarsheim for sometime now. Yuki's gonna stay a loner until I throw her somewhere but I still wanted to create a dumb excuse for her to meet this pack anyways LOL. She's a few feet away from the pack boarders. I welcome any and all interaction -- positive or negative ^-^

A doe.

Large and imposing, even without the threat of a buck's crown. The young snowbird watched it's movements from a safe distance, observing how it grazed against the grass, seemingly oblivious to her presence. She could never catch prey that large in her life -- maybe with Ashkova, but it be better for both of them not to trifle with an animal twice their size.

Large, black marble eyes met her glacial stare -- the deer had spotted her and hauled to the nearest exit. Yuki's head popped out of the bush she'd been hiding in -- though not trying to hunt the creature, her pursuit still remained. With the promise that she might even lead her to a herd.

Though her path stopped; more accurately, halted when a cluster of scents suddenly slapped her in the face. So Yuki could only watch the cervid make a dash between the opening of large stones -- which circled around eachother like a giant ring.

These...were the boarders of a pack?
[Image: 85512331_sBCUc47O1EZtqNO.png]
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
75 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
It was early that morning. Bjorn was up with the sun, taking right to border patrol. Like many times before, his patrol is standard, nothing strange, out of place, until a scent came across on the breeze. He thought to himself as he lifted his nose to the air, about the recent visitors they had had. This wasn’t the same scent though, and so he pursued it.

His nose went from air to ground, chuffing along until it grew stronger, and he halted, for in front of the stones stood a lone wolf, a female swathed in the shades of ice, black decorations on her monochrome pelt. She was of a lean build. 

“You have reached the borders of Kvarsheim. I am Bjorn of Kvarsheim. What is your name, why have you come here?” His voice did not boom, but it was deep, firm, with no intentions of scaring the young lady.
Active weekdays: Monday (evenings), Saturday, Sunday — Most evening times are open (PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
The girl could've sworn that, for a second, a bear that emerged from the pillars. Thankfully, her nose hadn't failed her and she was looking at a wolven man. A large one, in fact. Surley Yukimi couldn't be blamed for thinking he was a bear at first, right? His pelt bore ashen browns like that of the ursine, and a pair of citrine eyes. Even if there was distance between them, the snowbird could still tell how he towered over her.

Nice to meet you sir, my name is Yukimi... the young girl greeted with a gentle wave of her tail. I'd nearly followed a deer into the boarders. Good thing I stopped while I sensed you guys though! Afterall, the last thing she'd want was a misunderstanding.

Glassy eyes wandered back towards the pillars in curiosity. Kvarsheim, you say -- you live amongst these pillars, Bjorn?
Fluent in: Common, Japanese, and Norwegian. Knows some Icelandic, but isn't very good at it.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
75 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
I am so sorry about this thread. It totally left my mental filing cabinet. I’ve been really busy with a crazy work-life balancing act.

She seemed kind, not like one who would hide a mistake, as she was open about nearly crossing the borders. He gave a small smile, and a nod of his head. “Do not worry, Yukimi. There has been no mistake made.” For the sake of not wanting to advance on her, especially with his sheer size, he allowed her to come past the borders. “I do. These pillars have a history behind them, mysterious, yet inspiring. Come, you may cross the lines. I will show you the stones.” 
Active weekdays: Monday (evenings), Saturday, Sunday — Most evening times are open (PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Honestly don't stress about it bc life's been keeping me super busy too LOL!

Large was the man named Bjorn, but charmingly gentle in contrast to his appearance. He'd even smiled at her, and the gesture made her all warm with content. She still remembered her less-than-plesent run in with the sand pelted man by the river, The memory of his face making her tail prick in annoyance. Yet this man was different, and she was greatful that not everyone in these wilds were overtly territorial.

O-Oh! Her eyes fluttered in suprise; the man was inviting her over the boarders? Of course, the dove's curiosity willed her feet forward, but even as she inched nearer, she was unsure. Are you sure this is okay? I wouldn't want to intrude on anything...

The pillars were huge, sure, but so was Bjorn. Being up close like this really outlined the sheer size of the man before her. Your mother must've had the intuition that you'd grow bear-like. Your name suits you well! The world's slipped from her mouth. Which sounded somewhat blunt, but her eyes looked to him in innocent curiosity.

And a smile, of course.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
The bear whisperer
75 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Away
“Of course. No interruptions at all. You are under my watch, just remember this.” He spoke firmly, but not strictly. As he watched her delicate, Snow White form crossed over the invisible lines. 

They neared the stones, and she spoke again, this time at the mention of his name, and his mother. This question took him by surprise for a moment, but she drew a chuckle from him. “Ah, indeed she did. Thank you.” He thought for another moment, about how she could’ve known the meaning of his name; “You are of Norwegian descent?” This was simply an educated guess.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Lambda
54 Posts
Ooc — Cheetz!
Away
Somehow the knowledge that she'd been under his watch made her feel all the better. Bjorn seemed to be of courteous nature -- despite his rather intimidating size -- but one who guarded the boarders of their home had to be effective in that way, right?

He chuckled -- she made him laugh! Hopefully that meant she was doing something right. Now that she'd thought about it, a question like that was quite the strange one -- especially to ask a stranger. She would've stumbled upon her own words had it been taken the wrong way. Thankfully, it hadn't.

The dove's eyes lit up with excitement at his next inquiry. Yes, you can say she'd been waiting to bring it up, hearing the familiar lith of the bear guard's name, but she was excited no less. Fra min mors side, ja! a happy spring in her voice and a grin on her face. 

To be honest, though, I never had much of an opportunity to talk about my mother's side of the family -- growing up in a pack that was centered more around dad's side.