This Too Shall Pass {j}
12 Posts
Ooc — Naomi

It was chilly. Rain hung in the air like dew clings to a wisp of grass. Snow lined the mountains, far enough to ignore but close enough to notice. A breeze threaded its way through the bypass, chilling Selene's nose as she lifted it to the air. Her hearing, though present, was not nearly as good as a wolf would hope. It forced her to rely mainly on scent and sight. The gentle wind threw tips of her fur in every direction, making it shimmer orange in the fading light of the sun. Her crystal blue eyes were alert, but her nose caught the idea first: she was in foreign territory. Scents from every creature under the sun could no longer dance with the powerful odor of the wolf, for here the scent was too strong. She stopped, afraid of wondering further into territory and being apprehended as a spy. She was not covered by the safety of neutral territory, which she had been lost in since leaving her home. Selene, half-deaf and alone in the fading light of day had found herself in unfriendly territory.

Goodness, this was every wolf's nightmare. Selene was tall but lanky, certainly nothing of a threat especially considering how much weight she'd lost since leaving. However, it was unlikely that any wolf would notice this in the fading daylight. The moon hung low over the mountains as she decided what to do. Without directions it was extremely unlikely that she'd find her way out of a pack's territory without running into someone. Lost, emaciated, and alone, Selene had to consider her options. Run, hide, or ask.

Loneliness won out as the she wolf lifted her head into a howl, artfully crafted with a resonating beautiful tone as it rode the chilly waves of the night air. The call shimmered under stars, eerily haunting to anyone who listened. It was peaceful, yet underneath lay distress and worry. Hopefully the wolves that inhabited this land would notice these fears as they listened. Then, as was characteristic to the she wolf, Selene looked for a nearby tree and hopped a few branches up. Height was her safety, as her hearing often failed her.

@Flash @Crëyr
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The grayscale girl's nose twitched; she vaguely scented something meddled with the clear nighttime air. As she padded towards the scent did her anger bubble up, her silvery pelt proceeding to bristle, as irritated as she could be. How dare somebody trespass into Bypass land, after all this. The last thing she wanted after everything that had happened was an intruder.

A howl rang through the air, allowing Crëyr to stop short in her tracks. A howl? It originated from the very same intruder that had wandered into the territory, she could tell. What the hell did they think they were doing? What did they want? The creature couldn't simply have gotten lost in their territory, she was perfectly sure they could smell the borders. Why would they call for anybody if they knew they had stepped foot into their land?

She had dealt with one too many. A mere day ago did that dark female, Shay Raco hunt a foot from their borders.

What in God's name?

Her plush, nimble paws carried her smoothly (though with an edge) towards whoever that was there before proceeding to stop in front of the the lanky female, her blue eyes snapping dangerously, her lips yet to release a growl. The she-wolf seemed clueless, though there was absolutely no excuse. "Have you not smelled the borders?" The petite wolfess demanded harshly. "What the hell are you doing, smack in the middle of Bypass lands?"
I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia.
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
apologies for the language, he's pissed

. He had been peacefully sleeping. Safe from everything in the realms of Sommus. But all it took was a howl to awake him. What the hell was this? Is the world determined not to like him get a moment of sleep? One night, all he wanted. One night of peaceful rest. Are the gods not even going to allow him that?

Bewilderment struck him as he realise he didn't know the howl, and it was smack in the middle of the territory. What.The.Fuck. Who in the name of apollo could be so stupid to just wander into Bypass lands? Enough talk, he was looking forward to sink his fangs into some flesh.

He races, his hear yearning for some action. He race towards the center of the territory. Finding creyr snarling at the wolfess. Not surprised, he raced down. Stopping directly next to her. Continuing her question. He growled at her. "How the heck do you just pass over the borders I happened to have marked today?"

12 Posts
Ooc — Naomi
“Have you not smelled the boarders?” a threatening female voice spoke. “What the hell are you doing, smack in the middle of Bypass lands?”
Selene dropped her tail between her legs, not cowering but certainly trying to avoid unnecessary conflict. The angry growls, though not pleasant, were beneficial. Anger caused the wolf to raise her voice— something necessary as she could no longer lip read in the night air. So as not to alarm the grey wolf, she climbed down from the tree (for many do not react well to wolves from above), placing a tree strategically near her that she could use to deflect the angry female. Then a second voice appeared behind her.
”How the heck do you just pass over the boarders I happened to have marked today?
Both seemed to be very upset, as somehow she had wandered further into the territory than she had intended. The female drew a deep breath, trying to figure the best method of approaching angry strangers. Alright, play it cool... she thought. Don't mention that you're lost, or from a different land... they won't like that.
Selene needed the protection that a pack offered, as being a loner had taken a visible toll on the pacifist. Cool and collected, the words rolled effortlessly from her tongue. "I apologize for my intrusion. I mean no harm to you or your pack. I did not realize I was so far inside your territory." Her voice was soft and feathery, as was characteristic to the pale wolf. That was a good start, perhaps taking away the edge of the moment. "I was wondering if you had room in your pack for another wolf." She spoke vaguely to keep her cards hidden, only willing to reveal them if pressed— proper negotiating was key.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
Flash arrived few moments later, his stance just as hard and just as cold as hers had been. He growled at the intruder, echoing the words she had said, harsh and threatening. Another burst of anger made its way through Crëyr as she stared up at the she-wolf on the tree. How dare she.

As Flash finished speaking, the pale wolfess made her way serenely down the tree, the last remnants of day showing up gleaming on her pristine white pelt. She stopped in front of the two Bypass wolves, her tail dropping between her legs. She didn't seem to be afraid, wasn't cowering, her eyes a calm, collected crystal blue.

Crëyr wasn't normally keen on dealing with wolves this way, so she willed her mind to calm itself and map out logical solutions. How dare somebody traipse into Bypass lands seemingly without a care in the world. What on earth was this female doing up a tree, anyway?

The pale female apologized for her intrusion into pack lands and all that. The grayscale girl regarded her with a cold tint in her azure eyes, which flickered over to Flash for a second. "Even with or without harm, the Bypass does not tolerate strangers stepping even an inch inside the territory, I'm afraid. You know that, don't you? I wouldn't be too surprised if you didn't." She said, an icy sheen to her voice. Crëyr didn't exactly address what she said about joining the Bypass— she didn't seem to be in a particular good position to request something like that, though she decided to give her a chance to negotiate when she was out. "We'll talk when you're out of pack lands."

She stopped to wait for the she-wolf, making sure she would follow.
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
[ooc] Sorry for short post/

. What Creyr state seemed fair. The white wolf could still be a good asset to the pack. But they would not tolerate starnger well inside their territory. He gave the white wolf a nudge towards where Creyr headed out for. Making sure she would follow before starting in her direction himself.

He padded slowly, wondering if the white wolf would follow. If she didn't... he would tear her to bits himself. No wolf can just "wander" into Bypass lands. How the heck did she do it. He didn't know. Didn't her parents at least told her that she could pass over border lines? If they didn't... Bad parenting much?

12 Posts
Ooc — Naomi
it's all good ^^ muses are finicky

"Even with or without harm, the Bypass does not tolerate strangers stepping even an inch inside the territory, I'm afraid. You know that, don't you? I wouldn't be too surprised if you didn't." The grey female spat, icy and heartless. Selene had simply gotten lost, nothing more. She sighed behind her breath, maintaining her neutral posture with her tail strung low beween her legs. Goodness, grumpy much? This female must not like the idea of competition, Selene thought, but kept the critiques to herself. She was not in a position to be letting her snarky thoughts out. "We'll talk when you're out of pack lands." Well, at least the female was giving her a chance. Selene waited a moment, examining the surroundings for signs of ambush before the red male gave her haunches a nudge. Reluctantly (as moving always made her more disoriented than she already was) the white female started after the grey wolfess.

Her paws fell silently on the ground, making the softest of whispers that even the wind would crush. Selene was light and lithe, flowing over the countryside under the mother moon. She did not deviate from the path set, though kept glancing around weirly. As these pack wolves did not fully trust her, she could not fully trust them. However, she knew her place, and was determined not to offend the pair further.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The petite graphite-silver girl treaded carefully towards the borders, careful to keep a cerulean eye on the other blue-eyed female, though Flash was moving stealthily beside her, keeping track of her movements. The petite Welsh girl wondered what had driven her up a tree far into the lands of Noctisardor Bypass. If it was recklessness, then that wouldn't be tolerated. If she had gotten lost, then that quite unreasonable and was a pity. She searched any other reasons that would have probably led her to trespass, she didn't find a good one.

This female didn't seem particularly grateful to how she was letting her off. Crëyr was already considered soft towards a trespasser, and would probably be reprimanded for that. If it had been Shadow, her Alpha who was in her place dealing with her situation right now, then she definitely would have wished it was somebody like her in Shadow's place. She disliked this trespassing wolfess even more then, and watched her with concealed curiosity behind narrowed eyes.

Maybe it was true. Maybe this she-wolf didn't even know how much of a big deal trespassing was when it came to being a wolf. Maybe she'd been raised in the wilds alone, but that seemed to be unlikely as she'd survived into adulthood.

"Now what has led you up a tree in our lands, may I ask?" Crëyr asked gentler, though still with an icy edge now that she was out of Noctisardor borders. "As for your previous question regarding the joining of our pack, what skills will you be able to offer everything you have to cover for this mistake you have made? I think you'll have to, anyway. There aren't many options."
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
. Flash continued to disregard the female wolfness as they neared the borders. She would probably be a good asset, but he didn't think anybody would could so easily trespass on their territory could get so easily in. He growled slightly, not believing their choice of wolves. Seriously. One wolf hutning so near their borders, one wolf smack in the middle of the territory. Noctisardor Bypass is falling apart without Shadow.

They reached the borders, with Flash still grumbling. Creyr mentioned the normal questions. Answer whatever she said. He rolled his eyes. Even if Noctisardor Bypass needed more wolves, was a trespassing wolf Necessary?

His angry thoughts were annoying him so much he just didn't want to be there anymore. Creyr.You decide whenever she stays or not. She stays, She leaves. I don't want to deal with this right now. Apologies for my bad mood He complained. If she must. Then she has my permission to stay. Now I'm not going to waste the daylight and go hunting. Goodbye.

Flash padded away from the scene and into the forest. He was sick of Noctisardor Bypass without Shadow. Shadow would know what to do in this situation. Flash groaned. But pushed it off as a lemming darted in front of him, an eagle in sight following it. He grinned, pushing the troubling thoughts into the back of his brain... And pounced.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
concluding since selene has gone inactive

She nodded at Flash's words, completely understanding why he was to excuse himself. The grayscale wolfess didn't actually even want to be there herself, but, well, she was left in charge.

When the female didn't answer the questions directed at her, Crëyr regarded her with a stony expression on her features. Flashing the other wolfess one last icy look, she hissed, ”Go the hell away." Following that, Crëyr turned around and headed back into the Bypass, after her tawny comrade.