By the Time of Sun Rise
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
β—† @Keith FIIINNAALLLYYY. Like, Bruh. β—†

Slade had anticipated this day since he had come to the realization that not only did he have the youth look up to him, but to know the artic rider desired to be trained by him. Too easy, yet prosperously rewarding.
Along with the perk of being a newly initiated Dark Brotherhood member. Another name for Nightmare, yet the Dark Queens title was her own to keep, and so he would abide by her rules. After all, she was the Alphess.

A moon, quite high, and brilliantly shinning in the navy blue and sea sapphire heavens, the stars leaving the ethereal onxy that Slade had for fur, gleaming, and he reveled in the almost unnaturalistic glow of his pelt. He truly felt alive, tonight, and especially malicious.

He broke his silence, and his voice made its way airborne, a summon for the one and only Pale One, the Frost Giant, the Winter Warrior,...
MoonBane.
❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
<style type="text/css"> .Bane2box {background-color: #000000; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/2zPbi84.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom;} .Bane2text {background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/RcxQ7JT.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#696969; text-indent: 15px; font-family: Candara,Calibri,Segoe,"Segoe UI",Optima,Arial,sans-serif; line-height: 15px; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-top: 150px; padding-bottom: 375px;} .Bane2text q {color: #A9A9A9;}</style>

It was done. The pale Northerner was now an official member of the brotherhood and bore the mark with pleasure. What was to come though, it was uncertain for the pale northerner, for he hadn't only joined the Night Mother in her world, but he had made her a mother.. Like.. For real.. And he wasn't sure how to react to that yet.

But that wasn't something to think about now. He was being summoned, by the Shadow King himself. The Nightmare of the raccoons. His good friend, Slay.

It was a call he couldn't ignore, he was going to show Bane the ways of the nightmares. He was going to be his mentor, something Bane himself asked for. So he came out of his hole to meet the dark beast who, not too far from his own location, stood tall and regal under the pale moonlight. What? the pale one said annoyed.. As a joke obviously.. And lightly moved his feral self towards his coach.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Being one who was psychologically aware of a wolf's typical behavior through menial observation, Slade took the lighter version of his assumptions, judging dear Bane to be a dry Joker. Or at least he hoped so.
Slade only had so much patience for disrespect.
However, he knew the Pale One had anticipated this moment, or else, he would not have come.

With a grin etched to his masculinely muscled jaws, Slade greeted the Artic Warrior, who was slowly becoming viewed as a brotherIn his eyes.

"Welcome to session one of your training, Brother Bane. "

Slade dipped his shadow enveloped crown, the dark locks smoothly ruffling at the action. The sign of respect, even if Bane only was above him by a bit in hierarchy, he was still the father of the Alphess' s children.
❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Not many were as accepting and careless about Bane's cold sense of humor, thank Sithis Slade was cool with it, because if he wasn't the young Gamma's life would've probably ended quite a while ago.

Arriving finally the clear where Slade had summoned him, Bane sat airily in front of his savage mentor, looking at him in the eyes with the authority he had as a higher ranking male. It would be confusing to some how their relationship worked, Bane admires Slade, Slade admires Bane, Slade is bigger and more imposing but still remains in a lower rank... It could be tricky sometimes, but it just worked for them, and Bane was comfortable with it. He did however expect that one day Slade would take a higher place than himself in the ranks, but so far it didn't bother him being his superior, it was fun to be on top of everything.

Finally? I was starting to think that you had forgotten about me, Brother Slade. Bane joked, and then offered a bow of respect and a smile. He was ready for the action.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"I could never forget the unforgettable, Ice Slayer. If anything, I feared you would not need my tutoring, for you have been seeming to grow more deadly every time we meet, again."

The compliment flew form his lips as if it were only coiled lightly around the base of his tongue, a serpent waiting for its master's bid to slither forward. With Bane showing his rank towards him, Slade respected his posistion. He had no other option, nor did he desire one. It was his choice to join the dark and deadly pack, and as far as he was concerened, this was his home, and he would do what he had to to ensure it was safe.

With the anticipation radiating from his dear pupils eye's, Slade sent a soft smile in his direction. Oh, how good it felt to be a teacher, once more. The previous pupil he had did not fare too well, and in an attempt the boy from going insane, he had to end Robin's life. He simply couldn't cope with the Nightmare's standards.
But with the devious and bluntingly crooked mentality of MoonBane, Slade knew the ivory and he could have the ability to rule an assassin sect, with no issue, whatsoever.

"Indeed. The action will possibly give you a second guess about my methods for some teachings are as silly as a child's play, yet others are insanity's definition. "

Slade stood, his fur draped with little particulates of icy snow dust, giving him an almost magical and unreal appearance.

"The first exercise is one of the child's play examples. However silly it appears, it will enhance your ability to whirl a full 180 degrees, and snatch the maw off of the face of any who roam behind you, close range."

Slade took a few feet back, and first authored the workout, by saying,

"All you must do, is chase your tail."

And with a 'I know it sounds silly' laugh, he illustrated the action, instantly whirling in a spinning wheel of death, then immediately stopping as swiftly as he started, only to begin in the oppisite direction. The second he finished his demonstration, He turned his fiery irises to his pupil. once he had instantly stopped the second rotation.
❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Dude I'm so sorry for making you wait for so long, y'know how hollidays are... btw, Bane wants to kill Slade for making him do this xD
For some reason this post feels like an episode of a reality show lol

Time after time Bane heard his good friend compliment his well known deadliness, and every time he felt flattered by the words. Bane was a vain being without a doubt, but when it was someone else boosting up his gigantic ego it was like a million times more invigorating. Only a smile was his reaction this time, a smile thst if anything, only reinforced how good he felt with being the dominant one.

Being the first lesson, Bane didn't know what to expect, but he hoped that the nightmare's methodologies were physically heavy. He was prepared for that. But what Slade explained to be the first exercise was just too ridiculous for the silver savage.

You gotta be kiddin me... Bane said taking a step back. He couldn't decide wether this was one of the silly child's play ones or if it was plain insane. He wasn't a pup for god's sake! And that "exercise" was not the kind of stuff the Ice Slayer did. I'm not going to do that shit. Do I look like a fucking pup to you? steam starting to erupt from his nostrils.

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
β—†LAWLZ i see where this is going, bro. And its chill. I know how the holidays are, nothin but family, food, and fun. No rush at all, from me, A. β—†

Slade raised an onyx eyebrow, the only movement on his face composed of the very calmness his brother Adair held withing him at all times. He expected this much, the naive boy considering this to be a type of joke. And patiently he waited out the anger.

As smooth as the fluidity of an oceans surface, his deep baritones severed the heated silence that filled between the two lupines. The frost to the flames.

"As stated before, Bane, this excercise I described to look as if it were a tactic of an infant, yet how can you end the life of a silent stalker. If you are focused on a distraction before you, you will be snaked from behind. And then, game over. Your life will be in the hands of Sithis, and Moon Bane will be no more. "

Slade tilted his dark mane, the thick layers faollowing his every move. With the barebly visible light, Slade could have been seen as some demon, a poltergiest that had come only to haunt, and torture.

"Do you trust me, Bane?"
❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Bane's face had become a frown verging the edges of a snarl. How could Slade think that Bane would degrade himself to performing such a childish nonsense? He was starting to curse him inside, disappointed of having trusted him while he only wanted to laugh down at him. But then, as he heard the explanation for the exercise, Bane stopped to think for a moment.

"Do you trust me, Bane?"

Trust him? Was there even any trust left in him? Maybe there was some for Slade, if he earned it. They got along pretty well, that wasn't a secret, and he had to admit that he did see Slade as a friend, maybe the first one ever, but in Bane's world that didn't necessarily translate to putting his trust on the man.

Cold white eyes inspected the nightmare's face for a minute, looking for any trail of flippancy Bane feared he was being a victim of. But there wasn't any. His face was stoic, serene; if Slade was trying to fool him he was hiding it flawlessly.

Did he trust the man in front of him?

Listen to me, Slade. If this is a joke, if you're trying to fool me and I find out, I, personally, will make sure you spend your last days rotting in a whole deep inside the web... Now, do you trust those words, Brother? the man finally growled meaning every word that he said, but knowing deep inside that it was trust what pushed him to agree on taking the lessons. They were friends after all..

The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"I do not make fools of family, Brother, so threats will only be a waste of your breath. Breath that is limited within a lifetime. There would also b no gain I could achieve in making you look like an idiot. The only gain out there, is of the enemy who dares attempt to take down my student, and my Brother, the enemy who must pay for even having a glimmer of hope in taking that chance."

Slade had no issue with proving himself, but To be doubted by the student you actually come to care for, baffled the Nightmare.
Why the hell would he try to pull a prank on him,telling him to perform an exercise, and one that he too, had just performed?
Wouldn't that call to make him the original fool?

It burned to be threatened by the Artic, and that didn't slim well upon his dark soul, however again, patience was what the murderer excelled in.
❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Dude I'm so sorry for making you wait so long! I love these two though... They remind me of Damon and Alaric in the Vampire Diaries xD

Editing to add an end to the thread for archival since Slade fell inactive. :s

<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

Although Bane hadn't meant his own words to be an insult to his mentor, he still felt guilty for saying them when it was Slade's turn to speak. He considered Bane Family. That was something new for the arctic warrior, he had never had a family of his own, and all he had ever known as a pup was rejection and bullying, it was only natural for him to feel fooled when the nightmare showed what the exercise was all about, Bane had some pretty messed up concepts of people and he didn't even know it.

Alright. Alright... Bane exclaimed the way you'd do to a father who's trying to lecture you about ethics. And then, reluctantly Bane looked back at his own tail and with a slow move chased it all the way to the starting point, just one spin, and then looked at his teacher as if saying 'now what?'...

The exercises kept coming all night, and even though Bane felt even more ridiculous with each and every one of them, he knew deep inside that they would help him become a feared warrior. Slade was a beast, one Bane respected, and he trusted him to make him a warrior, that's all he wanted.